60 Thousand Light-Years Away from the Main Thread

Jiaozi

Inactive
✦ Rules ✦
do I even need these?

✦ Since this is on Discord, it's not like there's anyone there to enforce Azurilland rules or RP rules haha. Uh, within the thread, though, all Marriland rules and RP rules apply.
✦ If your form is bad, I'm kicking you out and recruiting someone else.
✦ I reserve the right to make fun of you if your form doesn't make sense.
✦ Apps better be posted in the Campfire.
✦ For everyone who isn't me, your character should be competent.
✦ Let's talk to see how I can weave bits of your character into the story. I already have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen, but I'm flexible. (Not literally; I can stretch about as well as a wooden plank.)
✦ This is a private RP. I apologize for the exclusivity.

We're back at it again with a brand new adventure, complete with better puzzles, more interactive enemies, and a centralized plot. Let's have a blast.

✦ "Form:" ✦
This is just to make sure you have an actual character
Name: Name
Age: Age. If for some reason the age of your character is irrelevant, just write "Franciscosta" here
Role: You should know this. If you don't, LOL

Appearance: Picture not necessary but encouraged
Personality: Remember to not contradict yourself
Brief Bio: Let's keep this actually brief; however, I'm personally going with a "dark and mysterious past," so don't follow my lead on everything.

Weapons/Equipment: Guns, swords, bombs, tools, put everything in here. We're in a cyberpunk, sci-fi setting.
Skills: From pianist to dentist, list off a few general qualifications here. You don't have to go too overboard, this is just for our reference.
Biology: Anything unique about their physical being?

Other: If you aren't using this, get rid of it

Jiaozi

Inactive
Anyway here's the main character
Name: Phil Wong
Role: Pilot/Navigator

Appearance:
Personality: He's lighthearted, fun, and a bit clumsy at times. He tries to take the path of least resistance when he can and seems to be scrambling his life together at the last moment all the time. He can be awkward or charismatic; it depends on the day.
He's not hiding something, is he?
Brief Bio:
Despite how outgoing he is normally, Phil seem doesn't reveal too much about his past history. He tells of a time when he worked in Mesogalactica at an unspecified position before leaving to journey out to the Cassiopeia. Phil would then go on to explain how he's feeling a bit homesick and is looking forward to returning to Mesos, over 60,000 light-years away. A short journey back, lots of pay, that's why you should come along!

Weapons/Equipment: Phil always travels with a pistol and a mechanical case by his side. What's in the case? Phil only describes it as basic tourism gear.

Skills: Phil claims to be an excellent navigator, though it's uncertain how well this claim holds up. He seems to have some loose knowledge about political entities and is also incredibly lucky. It's uncertain what other skills he possess, if any.

Biology: Nothing of note...

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine

The final destination is at hand and for the first time in forever
I feel the resolution, yeah
The shoreline keeps a’rising up to me, looking for my revolution
This is my chance to breathe, yeah-ah-ah-ah!

Looking on the edge of fantasy; It’s a crashing wall of thunder
And the roar of what I wish to believe is the bullet waiting for me

Name: Aeryn Neely
Role: Biologist

Appearance: When people first meet Aeryn, they immediately notice her long, green hair with bangs and her piercing amber eyes. She stands at a relatively average 5'7" and has lean, toned muscles from working out regularly. Aeryn hates getting herself dirty or wet, always striving for a clean, polished appearance and fixing herself up as soon as she can. She keeps her makeup light, focusing mainly on foundation and her eyes. Her wardrobe outside her space gear consists of mostly blouses, sweaters, skirts, and skinny jeans.

Personality: Aeryn has always had a love of learning, earning her a reputation as a bookworm early in her life. While she enjoys exploring new places and trying new things, she knows that she must remain safe while doing so. The crew sees her as a voice of reason who would speak up if a member is about to do something questionable or potentially jeopardizing. Aeryn may seem overly critical while doing so, but her teammates have learned that her sharp judgments are for their own good, not to attack them.

Though at first glance Aeryn has a serious or cold exterior, those who get to know her will find that she can open up and speak pleasantly with a bit of humor once she feels more comfortable with them. She is fiercely independent and motivated to tackle seemingly impossible problems. Those who have worked with Aeryn know that she takes a thorough, analytical approach to her work, showing visible frustration if she cannot find an important piece of information. Even if she doesn't always try to take the spotlight for her job, her contributions and determination aren't ignored.

Brief Bio: Aeryn was born as an only child to a relatively well-off family. As a child, she had a driving curiosity of the worlds beyond her own. She gobbled up books that described other planets, extraterrestrial life, and exploration. However, from an early age, she was also taught to hold it back to focus on a normal, stable life.

In school, Aeryn took an interest in the sciences, enjoying the thrill of learning new things about the world around her. It was no surprise to anyone that she decided to major in biology in college, adding on the pre-med track because her parents wanted her to try to be a doctor after her education. However, Aeryn's pre-med courses felt like a drag to her. Though she was usually a motivated student, she couldn't bring herself to truly immerse herself in those classes. In the middle of her junior year, Aeryn decided to drop the track, focusing instead on pouring her efforts into the work in biology that she really enjoyed. The major allowed her to truly explore the life on this planet, which was the closest thing to her far-fetched dream of exploring other worlds. As part of her undergraduate research on the interaction of certain chemicals with bacteria, she was given a pair of cutting-edge Seeker's Specs™ to accurately record her observations and immediately send them to a database.

Aeryn graduated with honors in biology, but to the disappointment of herself and her parents, she still wasn't sure about whether she wanted to continue for a PhD or jump into industry. It was during this difficult summer that Phil found her staring at a public job board. After a brief chat, Aeryn found out that Phil was looking for people to help him journey to his home, which was 60,000 light years away from this planet. He needed a biologist to collect records of life forms on the planets they would stop by to fill in the gaps of their knowledge and protect them from eating stupid things. A major plus was also knowing a thing or two about treating wounds or sicknesses, which fit Aeryn well thanks to her pre-med classes. Aeryn accepted the offer, despite her better judgment telling her that this conversation happened too quickly. Finally, she would have a job that would give her the sense of adventure she had longed for but held back for her entire life.

Weapons/Equipment:
❧ Seeker's Specs™: An advanced pair of custom fit red-rimmed glasses that can search for and record data on command, programmed to only respond to Aeryn's voice. The glasses can turn into safety goggles in "PPE Mode" to protect the user's eyes from impact and chemical splashes. They are incredibly sturdy and will not break when hit by most weapons.
❧ Weapons: Modern hunting knife with a decent plasma enhancement, taser
❧ Medical Supplies: A set of medical supplies that Aeryn keeps in the ship. She only takes out the first aid kit and absolutely necessary items when they explore.

Skills:
B.S. in biology
Basic medical skills
Some knowledge of geography, history, and life forms of other planets from books
Athletic

Biology: her degree

Other:
❧ Text Color: #76a21e
❧ MBTI: INTJ
❧ Theme Song: Bullet Waiting for Me - Nikki Simmons (James Landino Remix)
❧ Stats:

Last edited:

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Name: G8-X3R0 v2 or Zero
Role: Co-pilot

Appearance:
Personality: It doesn't have any qualms letting others know what it feels, and the closer people are to it the less he holds back. Regardless, it still takes it upon him to protect the crew, simply because it believes everyone else is too incompetent to do that for it. It forces others to do their work especially when they don't want to; however, he sometimes lacks the underappreciated ability of common sense, taking strange decisions that might not seem logical to a less mechanical life form.

Brief Bio: Originally programmed as a butler, several software updates and changed parts currently have him as a navigation bot with offensive attachments. It is unknown how it got into Mesogalactica, or how it and Phil came to meet, but they warmed up to each other quickly enough for it to follow him on his journey through the Cassiopeia. A worry-free trip to finally get some rest, Zero isn't particularly looking forward to his busy days in Mesogalactica, but they seemed to be inevitable.

Weapons/Equipment: Despite looking relatively harmless, even disregarding its enhanced physical strength, it's absolutely full of all kinds of guns, bombs, and armament capable of leveling a building in the wink of an eye.
Skills: It possesses incredible fast processing power, as well as data on a number of different subjects. He suffers on speed and dexterity due to his weight.
Biology: Basically the same as a normal person except not at all it's a robot.

Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Let's go bois
Name: Rylee "Rye" Pellington
Role: Diplomat

Appearance:
Personality: Rye is a show-woman at heart. She doesn't care how she achieves her ends, but damn it, she wants to entertain and be entertained by what she does in life. The same goes for the crew too. She's not going to be an active hindrance to people doing things their own way (mainly because she doesn't care enough), but she'll often make comments about them being 'boring' or 'lame' or something along those lines. For those she's close to and to strangers she doesn't give a **** about, she doesn't bother sugarcoating her thoughts. She's raw and blunt. To those who could serve a purpose to her, however, she sees opportunity, and she'll put her smooth-talking abilities to good work. And she's damn good at this when she actually applies herself. She isn't really the kind to be worried about the consequences of her actions, though.

She isn't the brightest bulb in the box, nor is she all too strong physically either. Even her mechanical arm isn't meant to take a ton of strain. But her nimble ways and her smooth talking seems to keep her out of most trouble. She's very caged regarding her bounty hunting work, however. To the crew, she simply wants to visit Mesos.

Brief Bio: Rye's home in the slums isn't what one would exactly call safe. But to her, it's home. And home's same-y. Home's boring. You can only see the same gangs go at it for so long before you grow numb with the tedium of it. So she decided she'd be done with it from a young age. Her parents were enthusiastic about their daughter escaping the life they'd lived, so they worked their all to give her a proper education, and to get her the tools she needed to do whatever she wanted in life.

Problem was, Rye wasn't exactly sure what that was. She wanted to explore and experience life, sure, but she didn't know what that specifically entailed. She didn't stress too much about this though, as she experimented in recreational drugs and gang violence. One such incident in a gang where they were messing with biotic parts they'd stolen from a lab resulted in the removal of her biological arm and replacement with a mechanical one. This was quite the shock to her parents, but Rye in typical fashion couldn't really care less. She got used to it quick, and "the boys" gave her some upgrades, but it was uneventful to her other than that.

The day soon came where she had to move on though, and move on she did with ease. She went to a trade school for bounty hunters, and she quickly found her place in the market. She's still a greenhorn in the industry, with only three missions under her belt post-graduation from the school, but she knows that this is only the beginning. It was really a brilliant coincidence that she ran into Phil after accepting a bounty for a target on Mesos. Or rather, walked into. Literally. She was about to ignore the twerp and go about her shopping trip as normal, but something about him was so infectiously charming that she found herself talking to him for hours, and legitimately enjoying it. Once he mentioned needing crew, she offered to join up immediately, and he accepted. She wasn't worried about this in the slightest. He was just the next stepping stone to her next goal.

Weapons/Equipment: Two plasma knives. They glow a faint lime green, and they're Rye's go-to weapon. She also sports a variety of distraction tool such as flash bangs, smoke bombs, and confetti bombs when she wants to mock someone. Her mechanical arm can also be used to send an electric current down someone's spine/overload a robotic's circuit board, stunning them briefly.
Skills:
Speech: She's a smooth talker when she wants to be, and she has a raw, authentic sort of charisma she radiates that people seem to gravitate towards.
Dexterity: She's nimble, and is talented with her knives. She's not afraid to kill, but she doesn't want to do it too quickly. Where's the show in that?
Stealth: While she likes making a show, there has to be dramatic tension to lead up to the big reveal. And she's good at waiting until the time is right to strike, and she's good at sticking to the shadows to make sure the show isn't started prematurely.
Biology: Normal aside from her mechanical arm. The hand is mechanical, make no mistake, but it looks more humanoid due to the make of the original hand. In fact, the skintone of the hand and the rest of her body don't match, with her hand being a bit darker in tone.
Other: Text color #722f37

Last edited:

Jiaozi

Inactive
All three of you have been denied.
Make some better forms

I'm just kidding, let's get this show on the road.
I'm going to add some extra exposition on the forms eventually, so keep a lookout for that. Or don't, I'll probably let you know in the discord server anyway lol