Wedlocke A Marvelously Challenging Unova Encounter! A Pokemon White 2 Challenge Mode Wedlocke!

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
So I have just finished an X Wedlocke and decided that I wanted my next challenge to be a White 2 Challenge Mode Wedlocke and write out my progess of it, I had started a Challenge Mode Wedlocke and got pretty far (didn't beat it) so I feel good about this for the challenge to come.

Rules
  1. Any pokemon that faint are considered dead and must be permaboxed or released.
  2. Every Pokemon must be nicknamed (I am going with a Marvel theme for my nicknames)
  3. You must catch the first encounter on each route
  4. Gender clause: if I have 1,3 or 5 Pokemon in my party the next Pokemon must be of the gender that is least represented in the party
  5. Gift clause: any gifts I receive is a free encounter and I can still get a Pokemon as an encounter
  6. Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught and do not count towards a first encounter
  7. Once a Pokemon is paired up it cannot be changed unless one of them dies and they can only be switched with their partner
  8. Pokemon cannot be deposited into the PC unless collecting a gift Pokemon or an HM is required to continue
  9. My starter is decided by the last digit of my Trainer ID 1,2,3 I pick the grass type, 4,5,6 I choose the fire type and 7,8,9 I pick the water starter. If I get a Zero I move one space to the left and use that number
  10. The challenge is completed when I beat Iris or failed when I have no Pokemon left in the box to use

Update One
My mum came home one day and asked if I wanted a Pokemon and a Pokedex, after agreeing to wanting both my mum told me to go and find Bianca who worked for her friend Professor Juniper. Once outside I explained to my friend Thanos what I was doing and he agreed to come with me. We eventually reached the Aspetia City outlook which is where I found Bianca, chose Loki the Snivy as my partner and beat Thanos and his Tepig in a fight. After learning about Pokemon Centres, getting the running shoes from mum and being shown how to catch Pokemon I caught Jane the Patrat on Route 19 before meeting Alder just before Flocessy Town, he told me that Thanos had headed towards the ranch to train so I continued through Route 20 where I caught Rhodey the Sewaddle, in the Ranch I caught Maria the Psyduck and trained up before she was able to beat Tepig on her own with Water Gun. I ended up needing to help Thanos find the rancher's lost Heirder and found it in the Grove with a member of Team Plasma Next, I trained up more before taking on Alder's school kids on the way. Cheren was fairly easy to take out though I did end up losing Jane in the fight.

Next, I made my way over to Virbank City where in the Virbank Complex I caught Sif the Koffing. After training up I used Maria against the gym seeing as she had Confusion by this point. I beat Roxie and then did the stuff in PokeStar Studios before having to face off against Team Plasma and chase them all the way to Castelia City. It didn't take long to track Team Plasma down in the sewers with the help of Iris and Thanos. In the Castelia Garden, I caught Sam the Audino before heading back to the Relic Passage in the sewers where I sadly last Loki as I was trying to catch Frigga the Woobat because of a critical hit. In the sewers, I caught Clilnt the Zubat. Now I am working on training for the Gym.

Team
Pair one

Clint
Level: 21
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
  • Confuse Ray
  • Return
  • Bite
  • Wing Attack

Frigga
Level: 23
Nature: Rash
Ability: Klutz
Held Item: Exp. Share
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Air Cutter
  • Assurance
  • Heart Stamp
Pair two

Sam
Level: 17
Ability: Regenerator
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Refresh
  • DoubleSlap
  • Attract

Sif
Level: 18
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Sludge
  • Return
  • Clear Smog
  • Assurance
Pair three

Maria
Level: 24
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Clous Nine
Moveset:
  • Water Pulse
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Return

Rhodey
Nature: Careful
Ability: Chlorophyll
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Razor Leaf
  • Bug Bite
  • Return

Box
None

Deaths

Jane
Level: 12
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Work Up
  • Bite
  • Return

Loki
Nature: Lax
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Growth
  • Leaf Tornado
  • Return

Last edited:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Two
After training up and evolving Frigga, Rhodey and Clint I headed to take on Burgh's gym. Getting through with Rhodey worked well, however, against Burgh I lost him and Maria to Dewbble and Levanny. Next, I headed to Route 4 where I met and battled Colress before catching Peggy the Minccino. In the Desert Resort, I caught Pietro the Sandshrew and in the Relic Castle, I caught Bucky the Sandile. After going through the Join Avenue I arrived in Nimbassa City where I caught Natasha the Roselia in Lostlorn Forest, Route 16 is where I caught Hank the Trubbish and on Route 5 I caught Banner the Solosis. After training up I took on Elesa and Pietro swept her himself with Dig and Rock Tomb. Next, I made my way onto Route 5 again where I fought the trainers and took on the Heartbreaker Charles. On Driftveil Drawbridge I caught Quill the Ducklett. When I arrived in Drifveil City I headed to Route 6 where I caught Carol the Deerling, who joined my team after I lost Frigga against Rood. Before working on training for Clay I caught Thor the Joltik in Chargestone Cave. Now I am working on training to take on Clay who I am not overly worried about due to having Carol on my team.

Team
Pair one

Sif
Level: 32
Moveset:
  • Sludge
  • Return
  • Clear Smog
  • Payback

Sam
Level: 31
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Thunder Wave
  • Secret Power
  • Attract
Pair two

Peggy
Ability: Cute Charm
Held Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Tail Slap
  • Thunder Wave
  • Wake-Up Slap
  • Charm

Pietro
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
Held Item: Soft Sand
Moveset:
  • Strength
  • Slash
  • Rock Tomb
  • Dig
Pair three

Clint
Level: 30
Held Item: Scope Lens
Moveset:
  • Confuse Ray
  • Return
  • Bite
  • Fly

Carol
Level: 26
Ability: Sap Sipper
Held Item: Exp, Share
Moveset:
  • Jump Kick
  • Leech Seed
  • Feint Attack
  • Return

Box

Bucky
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
  • Sand-Attack
  • Torment
  • Sand Tomb
  • Assurance

Natasha
Nature: Serious
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset:
  • Mega Drain
  • Leech Seed
  • Magical Leaf
  • GrassWhistle

Hank
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sticky Hold
Moveset:
  • DoubleSlap
  • Sludge
  • Stockpile
  • Swallow

Banner
Level: 21
Nature: Niave
Ability: Magic Guard
Held Item: Persim Berry
Moveset:
  • Snatch
  • Hidden Power
  • Light Screen
  • Charm

Quill
Nature: Mild
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • BubbleBeam
  • FeatherDance
  • Aqua Ring

Thor
Level: 25
Nature: Calm
Ability: Compoundeyes
Moveset:
  • Fury Cutter
  • Electroweb
  • Bug Bite
  • Gastro Acid

Deaths

Jane
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Work Up
  • Bite
  • Return

Loki
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Growth
  • Leaf Tornado
  • Return

Rhodey
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Razor Leaf
  • Bug Bite
  • Return

Maria
Ability: Cloud Nine
Moveset:
  • Water Pulse
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Return

Frigga
Level: 29
Moveset:
  • Calm Mind
  • Air Cutter
  • Attract
  • Heart Stamp

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Three
As I thought taking out Clay's gym was not very difficult using both Carol and Clint, it was actually Clint who was able to take Clay's Excardill out thanks to it being on low health with a critical hit. After that, I headed to the PWT where after facing Thanos, Cheren and Colress I was crowned the winner. Next, I headed to Route 6 where I was given Surf from Cheren which I taught to Sam. I decided to do some backtracking and caught Mantis the Frillish in Virbank City and collected the TM for Energy Ball in Aspertia City. Then I headed into the Mistralton Cave where I caught Nebula the Boldore and up in the Guidance Chamber I caught Okoye the Aggron. After that I headed into the Relic Passage for some extra training and sadly whilst there I lost Peggy so I decided to pair up Pietro and Okoye. Next, I headed to Chargestone Cave and in the first Triple battle, I lost Sam so I decided to pair up Sif with Thor. After doing some training to get him and Okoye basically caught up I continued on and arrived in Mistralton City. On Route 7 I caught T’Challa the Zebstrika and in the Celestial Tower, I caught Zola the Elgyem.

After training it was time to take on the gym I decided to switch between using Okoye and Thor and for the trainers and it was Thor that was able to secure the victory for the team. I then headed to Lentimas Town with Juniper, Skyla and Bianca and after looking around headed to the exterior of Reversal Mountain where I caught Sharon the Numel. Before heading into the mountain I went to the Strange House where I caught Mysterio the Banette and found the Lunar Wing.

Getting through Reversal Mountain wasn’t that bad with Bianca acting as a healer and I was eventually in Undella Town. I headed to Route 14 and caught Stephen the Mienfoo. However, this Route was also where I lost Sif and Pietro in a Rotation Battle which did not go my way. So I paired Thor with Mantis for surf and cause their types complemented each other well. I decided to pair Okoye with Mysterio because he can at least deal with her four times weakness to fighting. After training up the new members of the team it was time to take on Thanos, I figured that Thor and Mantis would be my best bets to fight him and I was right, Mantis almost died cause of a critical hit Assurance from Emboar but she managed to survive. Before leaving I caught Morgan the Sealeo in the Undella Bay and Maw the Basculin in Undella Town.

Route 13 was really nothing special, but there was where I caught Steve the Absol. In Lacunosa Town I bought the TMs for Thunder and Blizzard, after learning of the stories of the area I found Thanos and then we fought against Zinzollin and a Grunt, beating them with ease thanks to Okoye and Emboar. Next, I headed onto Route 12 where I caught Hope the FEMALE Combee, at Villiage Bridge, I caught Peter the Marril. Following this, I made my way onto Route 11 where I caught Hela the Seviper. Then I headed into Opelucide City and after having a chat with Iris I headed to Route 9 and caught Redskull the Pawniard however it came at the cost of Mysterio's life because it was a double battle involving a Liepard as well. So I decided to take Banner out of the PC and train him up as well as the rest of my team before taking on Drayden.

Team
Pair one

Banner
Ability: Magic Guard
Held Item: Lucky Egg
Moveset:
  • Energy Ball
  • Shadow Ball
  • Psychic
  • Charm

Okoye
Level: 46
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
Held Item: Rocky Helmet
Moveset:
  • Rock Slide
  • Bulldoze
  • Iron Head
  • Ice Punch
Pair two

Carol
Level: 45
Moveset:
  • Jump Kick
  • Megahorn
  • Horn Leech
  • Return

Clint
Moveset:
  • X-Scissor
  • Acrobatics
  • Cross Poison
  • Fly
Pair three

Thor
Nature: Calm
Ability: Compound Eyes
Held Item: Magnet
Moveset:
  • Energy Ball
  • Thunder
  • Signal Beam
  • Charge Beam

Mantis
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
  • Surf
  • Recover
  • Shadow Ball
  • Blizzard

Box

Bucky
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
  • Sand-Attack
  • Torment
  • Sand Tomb
  • Assurance

Natasha
Nature: Serious
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset:
  • Mega Drain
  • Leech Seed
  • Magical Leaf
  • GrassWhistle

Hank
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sticky Hold
Moveset:
  • DoubleSlap
  • Sludge
  • Stockpile
  • Swallow

Quill
Nature: Mild
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • BubbleBeam
  • FeatherDance
  • Aqua Ring

T'Challa
Level: 33
Nature: Naive
Ability: Motor Drive
Held Item: Cheri Berry
Moveset:
  • Flame Charge
  • Pursuit
  • Spark
  • Stomp

Nebula
Level: 27
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
  • Mud-Slap
  • Iron Defence
  • Smack Down
  • Power Gem

Zola
Ability: Synchronize
Moveset:
  • Hidden Power
  • Imprison
  • Simple Beam
  • Zen Headbutt

Sharon
Ability: Oblivious
Held Item: Rawst Berry
Moveset:
  • Lava Plume
  • Earth Power
  • Curse
  • Take Down

Stephen
Level: 35
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
  • Swift
  • Calm Mind
  • Force Palm
  • Drain Punch

Morgan
Level: 28
Ability: Ice Body
Moveset:
  • Encore
  • Ice Ball
  • Body Slam
  • Aurora Beam

Maw
Level: 30
Ability: Adaptability
Held Item: DeepSeaTooth
Moveset:
  • Chip Away
  • Take Down
  • Crunch
  • Aqua Tail

Steve
Level: 35
Nature: Docile
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
  • Bite
  • Double Team
  • Slash
  • Swords Dance

Hope
Level: 39
Nature: Naive
Ability: Honey Gather
Moveset:
  • Sweet Scent
  • Gust
  • Bug Bite
  • Bug Buzz

Peter
Level: 36
Ability: Huge Power
Moveset:
  • Aqua Tail
  • Double-Edge
  • Aqua Ring
  • Rain Dance

Hela
Level: 38
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset:
  • Poison Fang
  • Night Slash
  • Gastro Acid
  • Haze

Redskull
Level: 42
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
  • Slash
  • Assurance
  • Metal Sound
  • Embargo

Deaths

Jane
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Work Up
  • Bite
  • Return

Loki
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Growth
  • Leaf Tornado
  • Return

Rhodey
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Razor Leaf
  • Bug Bite
  • Return

Maria
Ability: Cloud Nine
Moveset:
  • Water Pulse
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Return

Frigga
Level: 29
Moveset:
  • Calm Mind
  • Air Cutter
  • Attract
  • Heart Stamp

Peggy
Level: 36
Ability: Cute Charm
Moveset:
  • Tail Slap
  • Bullet Seed
  • Wake-Up Slap
  • Rock Blast

Sam
Level: 37
Ability: Regenerator
Moveset:
  • Return
  • ThunderPunch
  • Surf
  • Attract

Pietro
Level: 41
Ability: Sand Veil
Moveset:
  • Strength
  • X-Scissor
  • Rock Slide
  • Dig

Sif
Level: 42
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Return
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Payback

Mysterio
Nature: Brave
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset:
  • Shaow Sneak
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Foul Play
  • Shadow Claw

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
I haven’t forgotten about this, training is taking a bit of time, I’ve been working, have a holiday approaching and have been playing other stuff