Nuzlocke A Meticulous Rush ~ Pokemon White 2 Chesslocke FINAL CHAPTER!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Well this is probably the most captures I'll have in a chapter! Felt super satisfying building up the team tbh~
Rivo seemed to be enjoying the colourful setting of Burgh’s gym as his Leavanny tried to strike it. However with hardly a chance, Rivo swooped down and struck the Leavanny hard, making it fall onto the ground, fainted completely. Burgh seemed to sigh in a sing song voice as if he wasn’t sure how to accept the loss without being awkward. It was pretty one sided...He directed me to Nimbasa city after handing me the Insect Badge. It was past route 4, a sandstorm ridden area. Great.

I used my free arm to shield myself from the incoming sand, the impossibly persistent sandstorm, managing to find shelter in an odd castle that was jutting out of the sand in the desert resort. When I got inside, I stared at the Pokeball with my Elekid, Variable. I sighed lightly and pocketed it, knowing that I had to release him sometime later on according to the rules of the King’s game as it had been defeated by a Magby. A sharp set of teeth that seemed to be burrowing out from the ground grabbed hold of my foot as I sat down on the sandy terrain in exhaustion . I managed to shake it off only to find a Sandile, a rather intimidating one at that, staring at me menacingly. It wasn’t much of a hard battle, but I decided to catch the Sandile, succeeding with relative ease. I decided to call him Karma as he had shown up at a time of mourning, giving him the role of a pawn due to it’s innate strength already having too much potential to be locked down.

Nimbasa city was a myriad of colours, extremely dizzying to a visitor like me. I was offered coupons by people in odd costumes and hairstyles, seeming to be dressed like a bolt of lightning. I took one and turned it over to see that it was a flyer for a fashion show, the leading lady being Elesa. I was about to throw it away until I read the fine print of the fashion show being at the Nimbasa gym…”It couldn’t be…right?” I mumbled worriedly
Training at route 16 and route 5 respectively, I ended up getting two new members. A rather timid Solosis that I named Enigma and made her a Bishop due to her strong attacking power and a Minccino that I named Fuzzles (due to lack of originality) and made him a Knight due to his efficient attacks. My Solara evoled into a Lilligant accidentally, when exposed to a sun stone as I shuffled through my bag. It was given to me earlier today, so that was quite a great surprise

After making my way back to the gym with my new team of 6 members, I stopped at the crowded entrance of the Fashion show/Gym building, wondering if I should try again tomorrow. However the choice wasn’t presented to me, as I was dragged into the building by two supposed models, muttering something about getting the challenger dolled up…wait!!

I groaned as I stood on the cat walk. There were previous challengers who had lost, not even getting to Elesa herself. I however had made it all the way past all the models who were apparently the gym trainers. A spotlight shone on me, the light dabs of makeup on my face flaring up a bit. The dress shirt and pants I was in was incomparably uncomfortable, and now I was on the spot as the spotlight moved from me to the large stage, stopping at a tall figure with vibrant red glasses. She made quite an extreme gesture, as if summoning me onto the main stage which I complied awkwardly…

“Greetings to you, challenger. I hope the makeup is showy enough for you” She seemed to smile, but I couldn’t tell with all the glaring lights.

“Well I’m not a makeup person so I can’t really say” I muttered as I reached for the closest pokeball in my belt, slightly self conscious of all the people watching me and my battle with a Model…not exactly how I pictured my day
-Defeated Burgh and got the Insect badge with a joint effort from Rivo and Variable
-Got an eviolite in Castelia city! Could be useful
-Had a difficult time fighting Colress, but managed to get through unscathed
-Cleared out Route 4
-Ran away from wild Darumaka in Desert Resort
-Variable was killed by a Magby at the Desert Resort
- Caught Sandile (Pawn) in Relic Castle and named him Karma
-Reached Nimbasa city
-Got a sun stone from an Ace trainer, saves it for later for Solara
- Caught Solosis (Rook) in Route 16 and named her Enigma
- Tried to catch Roselia at Lostlorn forest, but killed it by accident
-Caught Minccino (Knight) at Route 5 (Hidden grotto) and named him Fuzzles
- Defeated all trainers in Nimbasa gym besides Elesa
-Solara evolves into Lilligant while training to fight Elesa
Route 19: Patrat – (avoided)
Route 20: Sewaddle – (avoided)
Floccesy Ranch: Pidove – (Caught and made it Pawn)
Virbank Complex: Elekid – (Caught and made it Bishop)
Castelia Sewers: Rattata – (avoided)
Relic Passage: Timburr –(Avoided)
Castelia Park/Castelia City: Petilil – (Caught and made it Rook)
Route 4: Sandile - (Tried to catch, but killed by mistake)
Desert Resort: Darumaka - (avoided)
Relic Castle: Sandile - (Caught and made it Pawn)
Route 16: Solosis – (Caught and made it Bishop)
Lostlorn Forest: Roselia – (Tried to catch, but killed by mistake)
Route 5 (Hidden Grotto): Minccino – (Caught and made it Knight)
Dewott_B2W2.gif

Kenshi the Dewott (King)
Lvl: 26
Nature : Gentle
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Fury Cutter, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Focus Energy

Tranquill_BW.gif

Rivo the Tranquill (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Hugh solo at Floccesy Ranch)
Lvl: 25
Nature: Impish
Ability: Big Pecks
Moves: Fly, Roost, Detect, Return

Lilligant_BW.gif

Solara the Lilligant (Rook)
Lvl: 28
Nature: Navie
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance

Sandile_BW.gif

Karma the Sandile (Pawn)
Lvl: 28
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Rock Tomb, Sand Tomb, Crunch, Dig

Solosis_BW.gif

Enigma the Solosis (Bishop)
Lvl: 26
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Overcoat
Moves: Psyshock, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Recover

Minccino_BW.gif

Fuzzles the Minccino (Knight)
Lvl: 27
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Skill Link
Moves: Tail slap, Encore, Swift, Sing
King, Queen, Bishop, Bishop, Knight, Knight, Rook, Rook, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn
Nothing Yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Variable the Elekid (Bishop)
Lvl: 23
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Static
Moves: Electro Ball, Return, Leer, Thunder Wave
So the first death. Well I'm not surprised...Variable was pretty weak compared to the others, but it's pretty frustrating a crit flame burst being the thing to end the poor guy. I'm pretty sad, but this whole chapter was full of close calls. Solara, Variable and Fuzzles almost died so having only one casualty is surprisingly decent

I'm hoping for Karma with eviolite to handle Elesa's gym solo! That's why I made it a pawn. I'm not positive if it can handle it though, but I can hope.
Which of the Team do you think is your favorite? Mine is personally Solara at the moment, but Karma is a close second at the moment with how good intimidate eviolite is

icelandic

Adept Trainer
RIP Variable ✝

Smart call on the Sandile being a pawn, here's hoping he makes it! What do you think you'll promote it to?

I reckon Enigma's got great potential if she survives and evolves. Reuniclus was massive in competitive in the BW days. For the locke I'd probably go with a dual screens set so Bishop's a great role for her. The hard part will be getting her trained up without getting killed.

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Poor variable! Still being in his baby stage probably didn't help matters...

Congrats on beating Burgh though, and good luck with Elesa!

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Oh no, Variable! What a shame, he had a lot of potential..

I think Fuzzles is my favorite right now, I just love the design of Cinccino and with Skill Link they're so powerful too. Still, I know from experience that Lilligant is awesome as well, so it's a close race between those two for me.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Yeah Variable was a sad loss ;; I'm surprised it took me that long for my first death, but apparently thinking that jinxes me BAD.
And I'm glad I went with Karma as a pawn, because I most definitely made the right call in that case.
So Christmas was super hectic so I ended up breaking up my usual daily documentation, but managed to play through today thankfully! I have mixed feelings about this chapter though since there is a lot of good and bad
Karma dug his claws into the main stage as Elesa’s Zebstrika charged straight at him, flames coated around he Zebsrika as it hit Karma directly. Managing to shake it off after a bit of recovery time, Karma began to erupt a sand tomb from the ground, trapping the Zebstrika completely. The audience seemed to whine at the rather unsportsman like conduct by me and my team, but Karma wanted to prove himself beyond anything. A few moments later, the Zebstrika fainted from the excess damage and almost instantaneously, a blue glow started enveloping Karma...Defeating Elesa by himself had allowed him to get promoted, which gave him the opportunity to evolve. Elesa, unlike the audience who seemed to be mad at me, was surprisingly smiling as she handed me the bolt badge, having accepted her defeat rather well…

The next gym was in Driftveil city, past a long elegant bridge known as the Charizard Bridge. My eyes scanned the regulations that told me to stay near the middle of the bridge and not to hobble too much on the left or right. It also told me to not pick up any feathers otherwise I would be attacked…odd, but okay. However no one was able to cross the bridge, as it was being held up by a man on his motorbike arguing with one of the workers who allowed people on the bridge. He kept shouting about being a heartbreaker…? What relevance does that have. The worker finally relented, firmly telling him that if any tire tracks stick onto the bridge, they would hunt him down to clean it off. After that scene fizzled out, we all finally managed to cross the bridge…

I reached the city relatively quickly, but before being able to even explore or look for the gym, I saw a scene that seemed to be between a plasma member and a former plasma member. I decided to avoid it, but Monty showed up at the worst time and caused a scene, allowing the attention to be put on us. A brief exchange with the former plasma member and a visit to their base of operations/hiding place ensued, allowing me a bit of context to all that was happening…

Training in route 6 allowed me to run through an assortment of emotions. My Fuzzles evolved into a Cinccino being the positive, while the death of Enigma while training for the gym being the negative. It was quite hard to shake…

Finally I made my way to the gym, the loss of Enigma recently while training my team was apparent on my face, but I tried to stay optimistic. I was instructed to wear a hard hat, not sure why until I was greeted with a coal mine maze of a gym. It was a rather hard experience, trying to navigate as the darkness was ever so present, but I managed to find my way to Clay, completely exhausted, but still.

“You a challenger? Seem kinda puny…” Clay commented, squinting a bit as he pulled off his hat, making sure he wasn’t seeing things

“Y-yeah that’s me…” I was completely out of breath, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from battling, gripping a Pokeball, mentally preparing myself for this…
-Defeated Elesa with Karma solo and got the Bolt badge, allowing him to get promoted
-Promoted Karma into Bishop
-Fought Team Plasma with Hugh in front of the stadiums
-Ran away from wild Ducklett encounter in Driftveil Drawbridge
-Ran away from wild Karrablast encounter in Route 6
-Was handed Zorua by Rood in Ex Team Plasma’s hideout
-Received a shiny stone and evolved Fuzzles to a Cinccino
-Ran away from wild Ferroseed encounter in Charagstone Cave
-Defeated all the trainers inside the Driftveil gym besides Clay
-Enigma was killed from a critical hit from a wild Azumarill
Driftveil Drawbridge: Ducklett – (avoided)
Route 6: Karrablast – (avoided)
Charagstone Cave: Ferroseed – (avoided)
Dewott_B2W2.gif

Kenshi the Dewott (King)
Lvl: 30
Moves: Fury Cutter, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Revenge

Tranquill_BW.gif

Rivo the Tranquill (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Hugh solo at Floccesy Ranch)
Lvl: 29

Lilligant_BW.gif

Krokorok_BW.gif

Karma the Krokorok (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Elesa solo in Nimbasa Gym)
Moves: Dig, Crunch, Snarl, Rock Tomb(Not allowed to use)

Cinccino_BW.gif

Fuzzles the Cinccino (Knight)
Moves: Tail slap, Encore, Swift, Sing
King, Queen, Bishop, Bishop, Knight, Knight, Rook, Rook, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn, Pawn
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

YES! I knew Karma could do it~ Well honestly Elesa didn’t really have anything to hit relatively bulky ground types. Eviolite Sandile could eat flame charges and pursuit from Zebstrika for days thankfully. Well atleast survive 3 hits which is more than enough.

I went with Bishop cause Ground/Dark stab is pretty good overall. Plus I can’t make him a Rook since Crunch has a chance to lower defense, Earthquake and crunch too strong to make him a Knight so the only option is a Bishop

Enigma…I’m really sad!! Like she died during training of all things! That just sucks! So close to evolving too

Kenshi almost died as well! A sandile getting a crit with crunch! Yikes man that’s a lot of crits…

Is it a sign that both my deaths so far, are bishops? I should be more careful from now on

icelandic

Adept Trainer
RIP Enigma :-( If the Azumarill had Huge Power it's one of the biggest hitters in the game, rivaling the likes of Rayquaza and Zekrom, so no wonder.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
RIP Enigma...;o; so sad for this death, i really wanted this sassy girl to evolve into Reuniclus :pensiveazurill:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
This chapter took forever to document, since after what happened in the halfway point of it, I got really disappointed and ended up leaving it for a bit. Thankfully I manged to motivate myself to do this!
Solara seemed to be pretty miffed with me as we walked through Charagstone Cave. After defeating Clay on her own, she might not have expected to be rewarded by going through a cave, almost immediately, no sunlight in sight. I tried to cheer her up, but to no avail, leaving me with no choice but to cross the cave in uncomfortable silence. Rivo seemed quite restricted as well, but Karma was enjoying the atmosphere quite a lot. The cave itself was a lot of effort to cross, defeating several trainers which resulted in Rivo evolving into an Unfezant. I would be more excited, but Rivo was now more involved with taking care of his feathers rather than fight…Frustrating!

After getting out of the cave thankfully, the sunlight was already waning so Solara’s mood was absolutely spoilt. Thankfully I didn’t have to address it due to being intercepted by someone who called herself Professor Juniper. Bianca’s coach? A lot more professional than I expected. She asked me to follow her to the celestial tower, needing to cross through route 7 first though.

Route 7 was riddled with casualties, as Rivo and Fuzzles were both defeated in battle quite sadly, making it hard for me to cope with. Releasing them was quite the difficult thing to do, but even harder was to keep moving along with what I had to do. Kenshi seemed to feel my distress and evolved as in to comfort me in a way. I lightly rested my hand on the crown that seemed to be on his head, mouthing thanks in a grateful tone which Kenshi seemed to like…

Celestial tower was quite the adventure as the amount of ghost types intimidated me…they seemed like pranksters all in their own right. Catching my own ghost, A Litwick, was very difficult as it seemed to phase through all my attempts quite literally. After a long exchange of Pokeballs and flames, I finally managed to catch her. Naming her Mystique as she seemed to have quite a mysterious presence about her and making her a queen from all the potential I could sense from her…

Ringing the bell seemed to pacify most of the ghost types, indicating that it was a way to soothe the spirits in it’s own spiritual way. I tried not to ponder it and started to make my way to the gym that was run by a pilot apparently? Weird...
-Defeated Clay with Solara solo and got the Quake badge
-Went to the Pokemon World Tournament and met the move reminder girl
-Won the Pokemon World Tournament without casualties
-Fought Team Plasma on their ship
-Rivo evolves into a Unfezant during a battle in Charagstone cave
-Fuzzles dies to a flare blitz from Darumaka at Route 7
-Rivo dies to a psybeam from a Musharna in Celestial tower
-Caught a Litwick (Queen) at Celestial tower and named her Mystique
-Trained in Route 7 for preparation for the gym
-Cleared out Celestial tower
-Defeated all trainers in Mistralton Gym except for Skyla
Route 7: Cubchoo – (avoided)
Celestial tower: Litwick – (Caught and made it Queen)
Samurott_B2W2.gif

Kenshi the Samurott (King)
Lvl: 38
Moves: Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Slash

Lilligant_BW.gif

Krokorok_BW.gif

Karma the Krokorok (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Elesa solo in Nimbasa Gym)
Moves: Dig, Crunch, Snarl, Scary Face

Litwick_BW.gif

Mystique the Litwick (Queen)
Lvl: 39
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Inferno, Hex
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

Cinccino_BW.gif

Lvl: 33
Moves: Tail slap, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Work Up

Unfezant_BW.gif

Rivo the Unfezant (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Hugh solo at Floccesy Ranch)
Lvl: 34
The easiest gym battle to date thankfully after that last loss of Enigma. Solara just quiver danced 3 times and giga drained everything, one shotting without much issue. I needed the ease so I’m grateful for that.

Just as I say that, I have a MULTITUDE of near locke ending experiences. My saving grace being my quiver dancing Solara and my Intimidating Krokorok. Rotation battles will be the death of me. Like my god I hate them so much when I’m nuzlocking!!

The Cubchoo was tempting, but honestly I wasn’t sure what role I could even make it. A Cubchoo is too weak to beat a strong gym solo as a pawn and it’s moves are too hard hitting for knight when it turns into Beartic. Sad realities.

Fuzzles got completely obliterated by a Darumaka using flare blitz. I can’t even complain about crits, but my missing of rock blast really messed me up there x.x that was hard to swallow. And the death from Musharna…that was just annoying since it crit me and killed with one hit. I just honestly didn’t expect it to do that much! I guess I need to play extremely safe from now on, no more risky matchups! And I need to grind my Pokemon up a bit, the trainers are higher than me so I’m struggling to keep up.

Okay this is probably a horrible idea, but I’m going to very CAREFULLY train Mystique! Like I need a queen and she would be great if I can keep her alive. I’ll train her on Audino’s and not actual fights until she evolves.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
so sad, especially for Fuzzles...:cryingazurill: proud of Solara though!

And welcome, Queen Mystique! i love the nickname, and i really like Chandelure, so i hope she does well >.<

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
This took forever to play through x.x I was debating dividing this chapter in 2, but I wanted to stick with the same trend!
I rested my hand against the window of Skyla’s jet, staring out in awe at the surroundings. As a prize for defeating her, I was allowed to fly with her, Bianca and Professor Juniper to Lentimas town, which wasn’t as inviting as I hoped. The locals called it beautiful, but I was having a hard time seeing the beauty. The imposing structure of Reversal Mountain seemed to make the town seem inconsequential in comparison…

The sheer heat emanating from every side of the inside of Reversal Mountain was beyond exhausting. My new team member Reiya the Crobat and newly evolved Mystique and Karma were still adjusting to their newfound power so I couldn’t depend on them much, Kenshi practically having to handle a majority of the mountain himself. I ended up sharing the few casteliacones with my team, trying to adjust to the heat in any way I could. When we finally got through it I sighed deeply in relief…

I blinked awake, looking around unfamiliar surroundings. I leaned forward as I saw a beach like place only to fall off a hammock I was resting in. My pokemon were all asleep next to the hammock I was on…Guess someone found me passed out next to the mountain. I appreciated the gesture, but the person who helped seemed to be unable to speak English. Communication was an issue, but I think I managed to convey my thanks and found out that I was in Undella Town of all places…

It was a rather long journey to get all the way to Lacunosa Town. Monty decided to tag along with me, inspecting my Pokemon thoroughly for one reason or another. I pulled Monty away from Karma’s open jaw just in case Karma got irritated enough to sink his teeth into his arm.

“Your Pokemon are really friendly aren’t they!” He rubbed Karma’s snout, making him growl softly in frustration.

“Yeah well, keep that up and you might end up in medical care for a good week or so” I mumbled, rubbing Karma’s back as in to calm him down.

An encounter with Team Plasma riled up Monty enough to head off on his own, making me sigh in relief in my own way since he was hampering my journey a bit. I was told that Drayden was the gym leader in Opelucid city and he seemed to know about the dragons that Team Plasma was after. It was a given I was going to go there, but now I had another reason. Before heading to the gym though, I caught a Pawniard that seemed to be almost sulking against a tree branch. Naming her Reiya and giving her the Pawn role, I decided it was time to head to the gym...
-Defeated Skyla after a tough battle and got the Jet badge!
-Flew on Skyla’s jet to Lentimas town
- Ran away from wild Camerupt encounter in Reversal Mountain
-Caught a Golbat (Knight) in Strange House and named her Reiya
-Found a Dusk stone, Mystique seems to respond to it oddly
-Karma evolved into Krookidile in the Strange House
-Reiya evolved into Crobat in Reversal Mountain interior
-Mystique evolved into Lampent in Reversal Mountain interior
-Mystique responded to the dusk stone and evolved into Chandelure
-Reached Undella Town
- Ran away from wild Golduck encounter in Route 14
-Ran away from wild Frillish encounter in Undella Town
-Ran away from wild Frillish encounter in Undella Bay
-Ran away from wild Pelipper encounter in Route 13
-Reached Lacunosa Town
-Ran away from wild Combee encounter in Route 12
-Ran away from wild Seviper encounter in Village Bridge
-Ran away from wild Marill encounter in Route 11
-Reached Opelucid City
-Caught a Pawniard (Pawn) in Route 9
-Defeated all the trainers in the Opelucid Gym besides Drayden
Reversal Mountain: Camerupt (avoided)
Strange House: Golbat (Caught and made it Knight)
Route 14: Golduck (avoided)
Undella Town: Frillish (avoided)
Undella Bay: Frillish (avoided)
Route 13: Pelipper (avoided)
Route 12: Combee (avoided)
Village Bridge: Seviper (avoided)
Route 11: Marill (avoided)
Route 9: Pawniard (Caught and made it Pawn)
Samurott_B2W2.gif

Lvl: 45
Moves: X-Scissor, Aqua Tail, Water Pulse, Strength

Lilligant_BW.gif

Krookodile_BW.gif

Karma the Krookodile (Pawn -> Bishop by defeating Elesa solo in Nimbasa Gym)
Moves: Bulldoze, Crunch, Snarl, Scary Face

Chandelure_BW.gif

Mystique the Chandelure (Queen)
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Crobat_BW.gif

Reiya the Crobat (Knight)
Nature: Careful
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, Air Cutter, Acrobatics

Pawniard_BW.gif

Leera the Pawniard (Pawn)
Lvl: 44
Nature: Bold
Moves: Assurance, Slash, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

Cinccino_BW.gif

Unfezant_BW.gif

I hated Skyla. Like I think this game hates me and is critting me so much on purpose! I almost lost Kenshi 3 times cause of those Swanna crits! What the heck! When she used feather dance is when my slashes started critting. Thank gosh for that otherwise that fight would have taken way longer.

Camerupt is awesome, but like the roles I have are limited now. Only one Knight and one Rook left, Pawns can only be non evolved Pokemon so those were the only two options and Camerupt wouldn’t fit either hmmm…

Golbat is an interesting pick for me since I haven’t really used crobat before. I caught her in a Luxury ball and have a soothe bell so evolving shouldn’t take TOO long! I also flew her over to Castelia for a massage so I can only hope that she evolves in the next chapter or two!

And I guess she evolves now =.= This is why I shouldn’t record these thoughts until I’m done!!! A lot of evolutions this time I guess~ Pretty awesome

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i loooove reading the story :3

welcome Reiya and Leera~

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Skylar: Well Pawniard the rook didn't have the same ring to it~

Bunnie: Leera is honestly a pain yikes! I wish I could evolve her, but pawn rules say noooope. And sorry about Solara >.>

Short Chapter thankfully, and extremely close to the end...I don't think I can get any encounters besides maybe a couple that are actually usable according to the rules!
“DNA Splicers?” I asked, smoothening out my shirt a bit awkwardly, clearly very uncomfortable as Drayden stared at me without blinking. He nodded softly and folded his hands, pausing for a long time without saying a word. I tried to get his attention…but did he drift off to sleep!?

“Yes. They were found alongside the Dragon Kyurem so clearly it is of some significance.” He nodded to himself again. I sighed a bit as if unsure if this man could really guard something so important

“It’s what you suppose Team Plasma would be after?”

He laughed a bit gruffly at that “Don’t worry, it is safely hidden away-“ A heavy sound erupted from outside Drayden’s home, the temperature clearly dropping drastically. We looked at each other for a faint second before pushing the door open to a horrific sight…

I breathed out a bit, letting out a frosty breath that seemed to persist in the air, the entirety of Opelucid City completely frozen. Me and Drayden split up, trying to stop Team Plasma from getting their hands on the DNA splicers by whatever meant necessary. It wasn’t hard to defeat the grunts running around, but defeating their group leader Zinzolin was a bit harder than I expected. Thankfully we managed to drive them off, allowing Drayden to confirm the safety of the DNA splicers…

I sighed in relief that we managed to keep it safe, but without realizing it, a member of the shadow triad snatched up the DNA splicers. I tried to go after the one, but I was forced into a battle with one of them that was guarding the way for his fellow member with the DNA splicers. The battle cost me Solara, my motivation completely drained to keep up the chase...

I groaned as I got out of Seaside Cave, wiping a bit of sweat that lined my forehead, sighing lightly. Monty had told me to make my way to Humilau town to find a way to get the DNA splicers back. I wasn’t too motivated, but he told me there was a gym there to take my mind off things. The cave was a frustrating maze, but my urge to drive off my negative feelings drove me through it…

As I reach Humilau town, I whistled softly to myself, as to how water had integrated into part of the City’s Architecture. I tried not to be too impressed as the gym leader seemed to be kind of lax…He was the last gym leader? Really? I wasn’t sure if Monty was joking or not when he pointed him out. I took a deep breath, Kenshi lightly rubbing it’s nose against my arm to comfort me, making me laugh softly, patting him lovingly before making my way into the gym...
-Defeated Drayden and got the Legend Badge!
-Team plasma blasted the entirety of Opelucid City with ice to find the DNA Splicers
-Defeated Zinzolin in front of the gym but lose the DNA splicers anyway
-Solara died to critical hit from an Absol
-Ran away from Boldore encounter in Seaside Cave
-Ran away from Jellicent encounter in Route 21
-Ran away from Pelipper encounter in Route 22
-Ran away from Clefairy encounter in Giant Chasm cave
-Defeated all trainers in Humilau Gym besides Marlon
Seaside Cave: Boldore (avoided)
Route 21: Jellicent (avoided)
Route 22: Pelipper (avoided)
Giant Chasm Cave: Clefairy (avoided)
Samurott_B2W2.gif

Lvl: 49
Moves: X-Scissor, Aqua Tail, Surf, Strength

Krookodile_BW.gif

Moves: Bulldoze, Crunch, Snarl, Sandstorm

Chandelure_BW.gif

Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Crobat_BW.gif

Lvl: 48

Pawniard_BW.gif

Lvl: 48
Moves: Assurance, Slash, Iron Defense, Shadow Claw
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

Cinccino_BW.gif

Unfezant_BW.gif

Lilligant_BW.gif

This was probably the most fun and stressful gym battle I’ve had. Like Karma as an intimidater was the only reason I really feel like I won, so that puts me in a good mood~

Shadow triad killing my Solara…that was really disappointing ;; Like she was gonna be really useful in the 8th gym battle! UGH

Leera is proving impossible to use. Kinda bulky I guess? I'm not really sure if I should bother using exp on her though

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
alright, my favourite is gone ;;
BUT it's ok, it was just an unfortunate moment! i'm rooting for Mystique, my new favourite of your team~
please don't kill her

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
RIP Solara :(. Congrats though on beating Drayden! Do you have any idea on which Pokemon you'd want to catch as your last Rook?

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Bunnie: You are clearly a curse! No favorites will LIVE :madazurill: I'm sorry I'll try harder

Calaf: Yup! Actually I caught him in the middle of the chapter. Super awesome to see~

Well this was the pseudo last chapter. I kind of stuffed a lot into this cause I wanted the last one to be focused on the league! Probably a bad idea in retrospect, but I wanted to end it in 10 clean chapters!
The busted up machine that was the remnants of the Colress machine fell out of my bag as his face seemed to crack into a large smile. Even after just being defeated he seemed quite jovial as if I had just aced a pop quiz. He seemed to wave me off in the direction of the other warp panel as if he had learnt all he had needed to. I decided not to pursue it as I left in silence, passing by the chamber with Kyurem again, lightly pausing for a bit before continuing…

Of course it was an ambush. Monty being paralyzed from the shock of seeing his sister’s long lost Purrloin which had become Liepard made him absolutely useless at the time. I managed defeating all of them as their leader Ghetsis got away with Kyurem. Having no choice I headed back in a rush towards the Giant Chasm again as that was where they were said to be going…

I had caught a Tangela while making my way through the Giant Chasm, the ex team plasma members subduing the current team plasma, allowing me to get to the inner chamber of the Giant Chasm where Ghetsis and Kyurem were. A vile laugh erupted from him as he stood in front of me, a chill running along my spine as I realized the gravity of what I had to do…

And then it was over. Ghetsis being escorted away with his shadow triad as the king of team plasma crumbled. I lightly wiped the grime off my face before taking a deep breath, my fingers running through my hair as the cap I wore had frozen up entirely. The person who seemed to be friends with Reshiram was called N…the supposed hero who sought Truth 2 years ago…Disappearing only to come back now? I had questions, but it wasn’t the time…

And with that I decided to make my way through Route 23 and Victory Road itself, the threat of Team Plasma being behind me allowed me to move forward with more enthusiasm than ever…and just before reaching the gates I was confronted by a familiar quilfish looking haircut…Monty. He smiled at me and patted my shoulder reassuringly…this was the end of the line after all. My journey to be the champion and complete the King’s challenge all comes to a close after I pass through those gates…
-Defeated Marlon and got the Wave Badge!
-Went through Marine tube to get to Undella Town
-Used the Colress machine to get past the Crustle in Seaside Cave to find the Team Plasma Ship
-Found the password and gets into the inner chambers of the Plasma Ship to find Kyurem
-Ran away from Solrock encounter in Giant Chasm interior
-Caught Tangela (Rook) in Giant Chasm Entrance and named him Brambles
-Brambles evolved into Tangrowth!
-Fought Zinzolin and lost Leera in the Kyurem Chamber
-Defeated Colress after a very challenging battle.
-The true leader of Team Plasma reveals himself…
-Defeated all 3 of the Shadow Triad
-Defeated Kyurem White with Kenshi alone, separating Kyurem and Reshiram
-Defeated the boss of Team Plasma
-Ran away from Bouffalant encounter in Route 23
-Ran away from Golurk encounter in Victory Road
-Completed Victory Road after beating Monty
Giant Chasm Interior: Solrock (avoided)
Giant Chasm Entrance: Tangela (Caught and made it Rook)
Route 23: Bouffalant (avoided)
Victory Road: Golurk (avoided)
Samurott_B2W2.gif

Lvl: 57
Moves: X-Scissor, Ice Beam, Surf, Strength

Krookodile_BW.gif

Lvl: 56
Moves: Earthquake, Crunch, Snarl, Sandstorm

Chandelure_BW.gif

Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Crobat_BW.gif

Tangrowth_BW.gif

Brambles the Tangrowth (Rook)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Leaf Guard
Moves: Ancient Power, Giga Drain, Power Whip, Slam
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

Cinccino_BW.gif

Unfezant_BW.gif

Lilligant_BW.gif

Pawniard_BW.gif

Lvl: 50
Moves: Assurance, Slash, Iron Defense, Toxic
The Colress battle…that took way too much outta me. So many almost deaths and Karma barely scraped through. I can’t believe the way that went down. AND also freaking Mystique almost died too…this locke is stressing me out x.x

The battle with the big boss was probably the most stressful I’ve had, but also extremely satisfying. Lots of close calls when his hydreigon came out! Yikes man

I had the worst time getting through the entirety of Victory Road with multiple close calls, but I managed to make it through without any real casualties!
So what did you think of the concept of a Chesslocke? Like did it seem excessive to you? I personally thought it was pretty fun, but I learnt to get a bunch of pawns early...5 wasted encounters!

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i'm so glad Mystique didn't die o.o;
well this went smoothly, though Leera died, oh well....considering how challenging the battles were, i think that the death of a pawn isn't that big of a deal
i'm so cold hearted

the chesslocke looks insanely stressful to me lol, but i think it was thrilling and very fun to read!~

icelandic

Adept Trainer
It's a cool concept, and I think you've done a great job narrating it. The restriction on total captures adds a strategic dimension you don't get in a regular Nuzlocke. I think though that king dies = game over would scare the heck out of me any time I used it.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Wow, congrats on beating Colress and Ghetsis without any casualties! It's sad that Leera died, but I agree with Bunnie that it was kinda inevitable for a late-game pawn. I just love the concept of the Chesslocke! I'm actually thinking about doing one myself in the near future. It really does add a whole other dimension of strategy which I think is really cool :D
Anyway, you're on to the final stretches of the game! Good luck on defeating the Elite Four and the Champion!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Bunnie: Well in all honesty, I'm glad the only loss I had was Leera in that chapter. Anything else and this finale might have turned out WAAAAY differently. It's kind of stressful, but I think it let me play Pokemon very differently! Allowed me to have more of an analytic playthrough more than anything~

icelandic: Yikes you have no idea lol! Rotation battles are the death of me and are always the times where Kenshi is at the most risk! I actually enjoy thinking about which role to give each mon~ It's genuinely exciting to me!

Calaf: Yup Colress was a serious issue for me, but my team solidly countered Ghetsis, the only issue kinda being his dumb Hydreigon =.= And I totally think you should try this locke! It's a very different Pokemon experience when you assign them specific roles!

Okay so this is the FINALE! And uh...well it was pretty rough.
The imposing stairs leading to the champion’s chamber felt like they were unending, as if I was never meant to reach the top. It was a surreal feeling when I walked into the room itself, the immaculate gold interior seeming to reflect me in various angles as I walked up onto the stage itself. So far so good…I hadn’t lost anyone in my battles against the Elite Four, but I could already feel an oppressing aura forcing me down…and it came from the Champion who had a sunny smile on her face.

Words weren’t necessary…all that I had achieved with the team I built over my journey, comes to ahead now!

Karma faced off against her Hydreigon, but my lack of knowledge lead to karma fainting instantly to a surf which was a horrific start. Next I sent out Kenshi. Thankfully he could take a dragon pulse and finish off the Hydreigon with a few ice beams.

Lapras came out next which seemed to completely break my team to an extent. It having thunderbolt made it BARELY a 3HKO on my Kenshi, but I hardly had anything to hit it with except strength. I thought maybe Brambles could take a hit, but clearly I was overestimating it’s special defense and he fell hard. Playing extremely conservatively now, I sent out Kenshi and managed to defeat the Lapras with 3 or so strength with a bit of healing In between.

Next came her druddigon, which was handled pretty easily with Kenshi and his ice beam. Though before I could finish it off with a second one, the druddigon dragon tailed Kenshi out into Mystique. Mystique managed to defeat it pretty easily with a shadow ball.

Next was Aggron which was pretty easy pickings for Mystique. A flamethrower taking out most of it’s health. Aggron almost took Mystique out entirely with a Rock Slide, but it managed to live and flamethrower it again to make it faint.

Her Haxorus, which seemed to be her own King was quite intimidating…I switched to Reiya and hoped acrobatics would beat it with two acrobatics, but no luck. One acrobatic seemed to take it down about a 1/3 of it’s health, but it dragon danced as in ready to take the win. Feeling like I had hardly any choice, I used the turn to heal Kenshi to full health only for my Reiya to take a painful Dual chop from the Haxorus, barely living. Afraid of letting it have a free dragon dance, I made Reiya use another acrobatics, but the haxorus just defeated Reiya rather than dragon dance again. Thankfully Kenshi with full health could take a hit and ice beamed the Haxorus to make it faint, however he took very heavy damage from the earthquake.

Lastly she sent out her Archeops, but afraid of letting her get too much momentum I switched into Mystique. Using a turn to heal Kenshi back to full seemed fatal for Mystique as she fell to a Rock Slide. However Kenshi avenged her with a surf that defeated the Archeops in one large swoop…

I lightly rested my hand on Kenshi’s head, he was breathing heavily from the exertion…his fallen comrades making him seem almost feral. I smiled a bit as we stood in the hall of fame together, lightly sighing “We won the King’s game…so it wasn’t for nothing.”
-Beat Shauntal of the Elite Four!
-Beat Grimsley of the Elite Four!
-Beat Caitlin of the Elite Four!
-Beat Marshal of the Elite Four!
-Beat Iris the champion with heavy consequences, Barely winning with just Kenshi
Giant Chasm Interior: Solrock (avoided)
Giant Chasm Entrance: Tangela (Caught and made it Rook)
Route 23: Bouffalant (avoided)
Victory Road: Golurk (avoided)
Samurott_B2W2.gif

Lvl: 59
Moves: X-Scissor, Ice Beam, Surf, Strength
Nothing yet
Elekid_BW.gif

Solosis_BW.gif

Cinccino_BW.gif

Unfezant_BW.gif

Lilligant_BW.gif

Pawniard_BW.gif

Lvl: 50
Moves: Assurance, Slash, Iron Defense, Toxic

Krookodile_BW.gif

Lvl: 58
Moves: Earthquake, Crunch, Snarl, Sandstorm

Tangrowth_BW.gif

Brambles the Tangrowth (Rook)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Leaf Guard
Moves: Ancient Power, Giga Drain, Power Whip, Slam

Crobat_BW.gif

Chandelure_BW.gif

Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball
Okay first Elite Four battle and Kenshi almost died! I forgot Chandelure had energy ball even though mine did…Ugh yikes

So all the Elite Four were pretty great! No casualties and Karma was extremely useful throughout most of them~ So that was awesome.

Okay so the champion battle was a train wreck. Like seriously I did not expect to get almost completely washed to the point, where my only objective was to keeping Kenshi alive. It was awful since I had to spend turns healing Kenshi and letting mons die…God that was a painful victory, but god it was satisfying!

That was about the most stressful fight I've had in quite a while! Tbh the chesslocke as a whole has been really stressful to go through, meaning I've made a bunch of bad plays throughout, but I enjoyed myself a lot for the most part! It kind of dragged near the end, but overall the experience was really different and fun~ Thanks to all who have been keeping up! Hopefully you aren't too appalled by the outcome :happyazurill:

Last edited: