Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
sunlogo.png

I think I've made my history with Pokemon X and Y established. If you somehow don't know, please read my playthorugh for context. What I didn't tell you then was what happened after. Frankly, I kinda fell out of Pokemon for a bit and really only cared about gens 1-5. I saw SM and later SwSh pass me by and thought, "Boy, sure am glad I'm not buying these games anymore." Obviously, that was a pretty dumb and petty way to look at things, and now that I've given XY a second chance, I'm pretty interested in seeing what I missed out on. And hey, if all goes well, maybe this playthrough won't take me 1 and a half years? Nah who am I kidding this one is gonna take twice as long.

herewegoagain.PNG

Here we go again. It's like nothing ever changed.
enoughletters.PNG

Already this game is a massive improvement over previous entries because it gives me enough letters to actually spell my name. 10 outta 10.
excuseme.PNG

Excuse me? We're cousins?

Oh hey it's the blonde girl everybody seems to like. If I remember, her name is Sans.
movefromkantoagain.PNG

Ok, not to be a Pokemon Fan™️ and complain about nostalgia pandering, but this is the second game in a row where the player has moved in from Kanto. Gotta get on that nostalgia grind I guess.
tvreturns.PNG

Hey the tv shows are back. I'm glad that even as GF continually cuts features from these games, this useless detail nobody but me remembers keeps getting in the games.
jacked.PNG

Wow he's uh... he sure is a... whew 🥵
firstroadblock.PNG

Only just left my house and we already have the first roadblock. Supposedly this game has a thing for abritrary roadblocks, but only time will tell.
terrain.PNG

Holy **** this game has actual terrain? I know that's probably not a big deal to those of you who've played this but wow I'm so used to blocky rpg maps that this is a MASSIVE improvement to me. Love it.
hallucination.PNG

Oh no she's hallucinating Papyrus! Oh no Sans it's not real the accident wasn't your fault!
anime.PNG

You know, I feel like I've scene this setup somewhere before.
phoenixwrightripoff.PNG

Woooow they just blatantly stole the concept of bridges from Ace Attorney smh lazy devs.
gameover.PNG

Well that sure was a fast game. I guess I'm gonna have to do the Sword & Shield Playthrough now.
tapukoko.PNG

Oh hey I know this guy- He's the legendary that looks the same as like 3 other legendries. Apparently this guy is cool, but the weather genies oh no those are lazy.
lemmeguess.PNG

Lemme guess- Z Crystal?
assistant.PNG

So if Sans is the assistant, does that mean Kukui is Gaster? Someone call Matpat.
thechoice.PNG

Alright, it's time for the big choice. Get the music ready.
rowlet.PNG

Since the day SM was revealed, I was Team Rowlet. Glad I finally get to follow through on that.
circleoflife.PNG

This is a powerful scene.
rotomdex.PNG

Oh hey it's Rotom. If I'd played this game like, IDK, 7 years ago I'd be thrilled since Rotom used to be my favorite. Now tho, I just wanna grill.
nositting.PNG

I can't sit on these couches? I take my previous praise back: This game is a MASSIVE downgrade from X and Y.
granddad.PNG

So, Hala is Hau's Grand Dad? The lore thickens.
whyyyyyyyy.PNG

So I had a shot of the first battle and I had some actual things to say about it: But apparently we can't have that smh.
yungoos.PNG

So uh... Yungoos everyone. He sure is a swell dude. (Why did I take this shot?)
universal encounter.PNG

So from what I know every regular trainer in this game shares an encounter theme. I'm... not a fan of that honestly. I know it's a minor thing, but some of those old encounter themes were seriously boppin.
care.PNG

So it looks like Pokemon Amie makes a return as "Care" mode. I barely used it in XY, but I think I'll try it a bit more here. As it stands, this little guy is so heckin cute.
alrightn.PNG

Alright confirmed Lillie is N these are just the facts now.
ceremony.PNG

I'm honestly loving this whole festival thing. Tropical evening bonfires are a very specific thing I'm super into, so I totally dig it here. It beats what I was doing at this point in XY(going through Definitely not Viridian Forest lol trust us guys.)
typeadvantage.PNG

So your rival picks the starter with a type disadvantage against yours? I'm really not into that. I know these games are made for dumb kids, but I was a dumb kid once and I could get by against Barry with his type advantaged starter just fine.
megaring2.PNG

Oh hey it's the Mega Ring 2. They even used the same animation.
byebyefornow.PNG

And honestly, by this point I got bored. I realize I didn't get a ton done this first part but this is my playthrough and if you have a problem please tell me and I'll be happy to try and ammend it. Bye bye for now, next time we'll hopefully have more actual gameplay.

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Haha sun blind get it because staring at the sun makes you blind funny joke I'm so funny

Ahem

"Screw you Caroline"

Very glad you're Team Rowlet. I am 100% Team Rowlet as well.