Foolhard

Bulwark of the Weak
AKA
Starcrossed, Dally, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

Originally, you were sent out as a rag-tag group of merchants and mercenaries to deliver shipments across the galaxy. However, your crew decided to take a proposedly much shorter route to your next stop,the planet dubbed Selovis; a crucial mistake.

Only recently, humanity has achieved space travel: a thing some smile upon and others fear. Humanity is nowhere near the first to have done this, yet they haven't had the pleasure of interacting with one such species. Quickly, though, humanity began to inhabit every possible planet in their vicinity out of this panic, or to instill it in others. Trade ships had to be built massive to accommodate for this, making them unfortunately easy targets.
Each were stocked with mostly mundane things,such as glasses and crowbars, but all could make deadly weapons in the wrong hands...
Or yours, for that matter.

Your specific ship, the UES Contact Light, was entrusted with some very high priority and very fragile items for you to deliver, and each are locked in deposit-only containers to ensure payment is delivered.
You were falling a bit behind schedule after a lengthy negotiation with an "official," so the shortcut made sense to take at the time. But, when passing over an unknown planet your ship was hijacked. Your numerous cargo holds were detonated, and you could vaguely the moaning of foreign monsters under the explosions: a notion you find ridiculous, as there were no means for any entry as far as you are concerned.
You hardly have time to think that over, though, as you and your crew are in rushing escape pods alongside all of your precious deliveries.

Rules
1 - Follow all forum rules.
2 - There is plenty of open lore in this story, so your character may have whatever background of your choosing. However, they must be human, and originate from our solar system, most likely Earth.
3 - If you are creating a custom character, please try to balance them, and run them by me in PMs first! However, you will be reserved until you have passed your own judgement on the possibly new adjustments.
4 - I will only be accepting up to 5 other players. (1/6)
5 - Combat will be run a la Tabletop, but you do not have any stats, thus all rolls made are flat. This is to encourage longer play, as otherwise mook combat would be very black & white, thus boring.
6 - Items received stay with you forever, but may be traded. They cannot be sold, as there are no traders on this foreign world.
7 - All characters and creatures start with an armor rating; poor (80), adequate (60), good (40), great (30), and exceptional (15). Similar to Call of Cthulhu, in order to hit, you must roll that number on a d% or lower to hit. Rolls made that are 10 or less above a player or creature's armor score counts as a graze, dealing half damage.
8 - Please keep track of your statistics. In order to receive them, PM inquiries about your preferred class.
9 - All classes are unique, and you may not claim one that already has a player.
10 - Mook fights will be hosted in PMs as to not clutter the thread, but Boss fights will.

Classes

(from left to right)
Commando (good) TAKEN
Enforcer (great)
Bandit (adequate)
Huntress (great)
HAN-D (adequate)
Engineer (poor)
Miner (good)
Sniper (adequate
Acrid (good)
Mercenary (great)
Loader (good)
Chef (adequate)

MOVE DESCRIPTIONS COMING SOON. FOR NOW, REFER TO THIS.

If you are making a custom character, try to include a set of skills for each type of action: standard, movement, swift, and full. The first three can each be made during your turn, or you may consume all three to use a full action. Damage dice are normally d20s because of the higher health all characters and creatures have.
At base, every 60% of damage is worth 1d10.

Character Form
If you are using an existing character, feel free to make up your own details! However, I would recommend referring a bit to the sparse canon.

NAME:
CLASS:
APPEARANCE:
PERSONALITY:
BIOGRAPHY:
ABILITIES:

If I am missing anything, please feel free to let me know!

Last edited:

Foolhard

Bulwark of the Weak
AKA
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
RESERVE
probably gonna need it​

Foolhard

Bulwark of the Weak
AKA
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

NAME: "Name's Mathias Von Weber."
CLASS: "I'm the Commando of the group."
PERSONALITY: "I tend to speak better using my actions than my words, but that's gotten me into trouble a few times. I've learned to ask questions first, not that I like it. I'm not excited for having to take up arms again, but these alien freaks are 'bout to learn the definition of pain if they dare lay a finger on my comrades."

BIOGRAPHY: "Back on Earth I fought plenty: all civil, too. I've learned to make the most of my environment, and am so used to implements that I've begun to lose my grasp on my humanity. Not that I need it, anyway. Keeping all of that stitched together is just asking to get hurt again. I don't think I'm really all that notable, but veterans like me are important for rookies like you."

ABILITIES:
Double Tap
As a standard action or swift action, fire twice, dealing 1d10 each. Roll to hit for each bullet if this is made as a swift action.

Full Metal Jacket
As a standard action, fire through enemies in a straight line, dealing 4d20. Get a +10 to hit on the first target, reducing by -5 for every consecutive enemy.

Tactical Dive
As a move action, dodge out of the way without provoking attacks of opportunity, and gain +10 armor score against the next attack made against you.

Suppresive Fire
As a full action, fire six shots with a +5 to hit for consecutive attacks, dealing 1d10 damage. Enemies hit must contest rolls with you, becoming stunned on a failure. Stunned enemies cannot take a move action or swift action on their next turn.

Last edited: