Wedlocke A Soul for a Soul - A Pokemon SoulSilver Wedlocke

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
So I have tried to document several HeartGold or SoulSilver wedlockes. And now I am trying another because I have some downtime whilst in lockdowns, so I am making it my objective to beat this game during this lockdown or just after it ends.

Rules
  1. Any pokemon that faint are considered dead and must be boxed for the rest of the playthrough
  2. Every Pokemon must be nicknamed (I am going with a Marvel theme for my nicknames)
  3. You must catch the first encounter on each route
  4. Gender clause: if I have 1,3 or 5 Pokemon in my party the next Pokemon must be of the gender that is least represented in the party
  5. Gift clause: any gifts I receive is a free encounter and I can still get a Pokemon as an encounter
  6. Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught and do not count towards a first encounter
  7. Once a Pokemon is paired up it cannot be changed unless one of them dies and they can only be switched with their partner
  8. Pokemon cannot be deposited into the PC unless collecting a gift Pokemon or an HM is required to continue
  9. My starter is decided by the last digit of my Trainer ID 1,2,3 I pick the grass type, 4,5,6 I choose the fire type and 7,8,9 I pick the water starter. If I get a Zero I move one space to the left and use that number
  10. The challenge is completed when I beat Red or if I white out and decide not to continue (if I white out towards the end of the game near the Red fight or Blue then I am unlikely to continue. If I still have Pokemon in the box then I can create a new team if I feel like it.

Update One
I headed downstairs to see my mother who told me that Professor Elm our neighbor wanted to see me about something. So after getting my stuff and bumping into Ethan and his Marill, I headed to the lab to find out that Professor Elm wanted to give me a Pokemon to travel with and to have it walk outside of its Pokeball like Ethan's Marill. So I picked up Bucky the Cyndaquil. Whilst I was there, the lab received an Email about something from Mr. Pokemon so I was sent out to collect whatever it was that Mr. Pokemon had. I said goodbye to my mother before heading on to Cherrygrove City where a kind gentleman showed me around and then gave me running shoes and the map card for my Pokegear. After walking through Route 30 a bit more I reached Mr. Pokemon's house he explained that he was given an egg from someone in Ecruteak City. After agreeing to take it back to Professor Elm Professor Oak decided to give me a Pokedex. As I left Professor Elm phoned and there was a commotion at the gym so I decided to make my way back there and outside of Cherrygrove I met a boy that had a Totodile which I assume was stolen from the lab. After beating the male I headed back to New Bark and told the authorities that the male was called Zemo. After agreeing to take on the gym challenge and saying bye to my mum Ethan taught me how to catch Pokemon. On Route 29 I caught Morgan the Pidgey then caught Rhodey the Rattata on Route 46 and Hope the Weedle on Route 30. On Route 31 I caught Pepper the Bellsprout and then caught Peter the Wooper on Route 32. In the Sprout Tower, I caught Casper the Gastly (which is an alias for Ghost). In the Dark Cave, I caught Hawkeye the Zubat. Before taking on the Sprout Tower trainers I decided to train up Peter, Pepper, Rhodey and Hope seeing as Morgan and Bucky will get plenty of exp in the Tower. I decided to train Peter and Pepper in Dark Cave against the Geodudes and trained up Rhodey and Hope on Route 30 and 31 against some Kakuna until they despawned. I decided to finish Peter against the Geodudes in the Dark Cave before heading to Routes 30 and 29 to train Hope and Rhodey up some more. The main issue is that training up Hope takes a long time because she doesn't have the highest stats so I decided to take a pause in my training till I can find more Kakuna to use as some easy exp. But she could take out the Hoothoot that were around with relative ease by poisoning them with poison sting so I decided to get her to level 7 so that she could at least evolve before I ended my training for the night. Tomorrow's plan is to finish training, take on Sprout Tower and then take on the gym.

Team
Pair One

Hope
Level: 7
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Shield Dust
Moveset:
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden

Rhodey
Level: 6
Nature: Serious
Ability: Run Away
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack

Pair Two

Peter
Level: 10
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
- Water Gun
- Tail Whip
- Mud Sport
- Mud Shot

Pepper
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset:
- Vine Whip
- Growth

Pair Three

Morgan
Level: 8
Nature: Careful
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack

Bucky
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Smoke Screen

Box

Casper
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite

Hawkeye
Level: 2
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
- Leech Life

Deaths
None yet

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Two
After finishing training I headed up the Sprout Tower using Morgan and Bucky. It did not take long to get through that. Then I headed to the Violet City gym where I beat Falkner and his birds with Morgan and Bucky. Then I picked up the Togepi egg. Heading onto Route 36 I picked up Rock Smash and taught it to Pepper then headed to Route 32 where I battled the trainers to level up the rest of my team seeing as Morgan and Bucky had been used so much. Next was a travel through the Union Cave where I caught Korg the Geodude. After getting through there it was night so I couldn't catch anything on Route 33 that I didn't already have so I headed straight to Ilex Forest and catching Nebula the Paras. When the next day came I caught Ned the Hoppip on Route 33 before going to see Kurt about Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well. We headed over there and I fought the Grunts and Executive Proton. After Kurt agreed to make me some pokeballs I headed back to Slowpoke Well and caught Zola the Slowpoke. Next, it was time to train up for the next gym. I didn't train Morgan or Bucky because I will be using them in the gym so they will be getting experience in the gym. Once I got everyone to level 15 I headed into the gym. With the mixture of Gust and Ember taking out the trainers was pretty easy. Against Bugsy, I decided to lead with Bucky because he had more speed and defense that his partner. He only had his Scyther use Quick Attack and Focus Energy. I discovered that Quick Attack excluding a critical hit would two shot Morgan after I swapped her in to help Bucky when the Scyther was at red health. So it was a joint effort that beat the Scyther and then Morgan dealt with Kakuna and Metapod.

After healing up I was headed out to the Forest again where I ran into Zemo. He challenged me to a battle and I led off with Peter to fight his Gastly using Water Gun. Against Croconaw I used Pepper who put it to sleep before using Vine Whip, I know that it has Ice Fang but it didn't use it which I was thankful for. Next was Zubat so I went back into Peter and used water gun a few times to beat it. I was happy cause usually this fight it a bit on the trickier side for me. I went and healed up again before heading into the forest. I got the Fatfetch'd back and then before going further I went and got the Charcoal for Bucky. Then I got a few of my Pokemon Headbutt and got my Azalea Town encounter which was Steve the Heracross. I then headed back through the Ilex Forest and helped the Kimono Girl before getting to Route 34 where I caught Wanda the Drowzee. After battling the trainers and meeting Ethan's grandparents at the Day Care I arrived in Goldenrod City. Now I need to do some training before I take on Whitney, so my next update will include the exploration of Goldenrod and the area around it as well as battling the gym. However before I end I headed to Route 35 and tried dodging the trainers so that I can get an encounter which ended up being Thanos the Nidoran Male.

Team
Pair One

Pepper
Level: 16
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
- Vine Whip
- Poison Powder
- Wrap
- Sleep Powder

Peter
Moveset:
- Water Gun
- Slam
- Headbutt
- Mud Shot

Pair Two

Hope
Moveset:
- Poison Sting
- Rock Smash
- Twin Needle
- Fury Attack

Rhodey
Moveset:
- Headbutt
- Bite
- Hyper Fang
- Cut

Pair Three

Morgan
Level: 18
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Bucky
Held Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
- Headbutt
- Quick Attack
- Smoke Screen
- Ember

Box

Casper
Moveset:
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite

Hawkeye
Moveset:
- Leech Life

Korg
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport
- Rock Polish

Nebula
Nature: Docile
Ability: Dry Skin
Moveset:
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
- Poison Powder

Ned
Moveset:
- Splash
- Synthesis
- Tail Whip

Zola
Leve: 8
Ability: Oblivious
Moveset:
- Curse
- Yawn
- Tackle
- Growl

Steve
Level: 4
Nature: Impish
Ability: Swarm
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Horn Attack
- Endure

Wanda
Level: 12
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Foreworn
Moveset:
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion

Thanos
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Rivalry
Moveset:
- Leer
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Deaths
None

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Just before I get into this update, I have been asked to come back to work on a part-time basis so updates may be a bit slow but I am still continuing with this challenge.

Update Three
I decided to train up for the gym around Route 35 and the National Park as well as in the basement in Goldenrod City. I also got a new Pokemon, mainly a Pinsir that I called Surtur in the Bug Catching Contest. After training, I took on the gym and won against Whitney after spamming Sand Attack from Morgan onto Miltank and then just using brut force to win. I collected the watering can and decided that since I usually always use Sudowoodo as my Route 36 encounter I decided that I would get a Pokemon in the grass which ended up being Natasha the Vulpix. On Route 37 I caught Pietro the Stantler before arriving in Ecruteak City, where I saved a Kimono Girl from a Team Rocket grunt then I decided that before taking on Zemo in the Burned Tower I would go west and get to Olivine City to get the Good Rod and some other encounters. On Route 38 I caught Kate the Farfetch'd then Route 39 yielded Tony the Meowth, after getting the Good Rod I caught Mantis the Krabby as my Olivine City encounter before heading back to Ecruteak and taking on Zemo in the Burned Tower with Pepper and Peter and after that fight Pepper evolved into Weepinbell. After catching Nick the Koffing I headed to the gym and fully soloed it with Rhodey seeing as none of the ghost types could touch him unless they used sucker punch or dream eater. Once that was done I headed east and caught Thor the Mareep on Route 42 before going back to Olivine City where I climbed the Lighthouse and met Jasmine and the sickly Ampharos. So I headed through Route 40 where I caught Frigga the Tentacool and then on Route 41 I caught Phil the Chinchou. When I arrived in Cianwood City I caught Bruce the Shuckle then got the medicine. On the way back I ended up losing Bucky and Morgan to the trainer that has two Gyarados so I replaced them with Natasha and Tony. Before heading to Mahogony Town to do the Team Rocket stuff I caught Mj the Poliwhirl in Ecruteak City then headed back to Violet City where I caught Helen the Exeggcute then in Cherrygrove City I caught Daniel the Hoothoot.

I headed to the Union Cave again to get to the grass area of the Ruins of Alph in order to catch something, but first I did get an Old Amber through Rock Smash so I'll be using that as a potential Pewter City encounter. Then I headed through the Union Cave and caught Peggy the Natu. Then I headed to Azela Town and to the basement of the Slowpoke Well to get the Kings Rock. I headed back through Ilex Forest and taught Tony Headbutt, then I Headed back to Goldenrod City and collected Return and even won Dragon Claw which could be very helpful later on. I headed through Route 42 and arrived in Mahogany Town then went north towards the Lake of Rage where I caught Riri the Pineco. Then I headed on to the Lake of Rage and caught Odin the shiny Gyarados. On the way back to Mahogany Town I fought the remaining trainers on Route 43 that I missed. Now before I go into the Mahogany hidden base I am going to do a bit more training with Tony and Natasha after I get the EXP Share from Mr. Pokemon.

Team
Pair One

Natasha
Level: 17
Ability: Flash Fire
Held Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
- Ember
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack

Tony
Level: 17
Nature: Lax
Ability: Pickup
Moveset:
- Headbutt
- Bite
- Fake Out
- Fury Swipes

Pair Two

Pepper
Level: 25
Moveset:
- Vine Whip
- Acid
- Wrap
- Sleep Powder

Peter
Held Item: Quick Claw
Moveset:
- Surf
- Mud Bomb
- Headbutt
- Strength

Pair Three

Rhodey
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset:
- Headbutt
- Crunch
- Hyper Fang
- Cut

Hope
Level: 24
Moveset:
- Pursuit
- Rock Smash
- Twineedle
- Fury Attack

Box

Casper
Moveset:
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite

Hawkeye
Moveset:
- Leech Life

Korg
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport
- Rock Polish

Nebula
Ability: Dry Skin
Moveset:
- Scratch
- Stun Spore
- Poison Powder

Ned
Moveset:
- Splash
- Synthesis
- Tail Whip

Zola
Leve: 8
Ability: Oblivious
Moveset:
- Curse
- Yawn
- Tackle
- Growl

Steve
Level: 4
Nature: Impish
Ability: Swarm
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Horn Attack
- Endure

Wanda
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Foreworn
Moveset:
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion

Thanos
Ability: Rivalry
Moveset:
- Leer
- Peck
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

Surtur
Level: 14
Nature: Bold
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moveset:
- Focus Energy
- Bind
- Seismic Toss
- Harden

Pietro
Level: 15
Nature: Calm
Abitliy: Frisk
Moveset:
- Leer
- Astonish
- Hypnosis
- Stomp

Kate
Moveset:
- Fury Cutter
- Fury Attack
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace

Mantis
Level: 20
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moveset:
- Leer
- Harden
- Bubblebeam
- Mud Shot

Nick
Nature: Rash
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Smog
- Smoke Screen
- Assurance

Thor
Level: 13
Nature: Naive
Ability: Static
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Thunder Shock

Frigga
Level: 20
Ability: Clear Body
Moveset:
- Constrict
- Acid
- Toxic Spikes
- Bubble Beam

Phil
Level 20
Nature: Serious
Ability: Illuminate
Moveset:
- Flail
- Water Gun
- Confuse Ray
- Spark

Bruce
Level: 23
Moveset:
- Bide
- Encore
- Safeguard
- Wrap

Mj
Level: 21
Nature: Mild
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
- Water Gun
- Double Slap
- Rain Dance
- Body Slam

Helen
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
- Barrage
- Uproar
- Hypnosis
- Reflect

Daniel
Level: 3
Nature: Calm
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Foresight

Peggy
Level: 18
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Early Bird
Moveset:
- Night Shade
- Teleport
- Lucky Chant
- Miracle Eye

Riri
Nature: Quiet
Moveset:
- Protect
- Self Destruct
- Bug Bite
- Take Down

Odin
Level: 30
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
- Leer
- Twister

Deaths

Morgan
Level: 23
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Twister
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Bucky
Level: 22
Moveset:
- Headbutt
- Quick Attack
- Flame Wheel
- Ember

Last edited:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Four
After doing a little bit of training I headed into the Team Rocket Base with Lance, getting through there didn't take long and it was good training for Tony and Natasha. It didn't take long before I was fighting Petrel and I decided to use Hope and Rhodey against him and sadly ended up losing Hope. Then I followed the Murkrow and headed to the room full of Electrodes after fighting Ariana and the Rocket Grunt alongside Lance. Peter then took out the Electrodes. I headed back towards Olivine and trained up the team to level 28 against the Tentacools and Tentacruels which got Kate up to a good level to take on Chuck and she soloed the gym. Then I decided to take on Jasmine straight away with Peter, he dealt with the Magnamites with Dig and a few Surfs dealt with Steelix. I then headed to Route 47 and in the Cliff Edge Cave I caught Obidiah the Onix and on the waters of Route 47, I caught Sam the Seel. On Route 48 I caught Rumlow the Tauros. Then I headed into the Safari Zone and I decided that I would throw balls at any Pokemon in all of the six areas until I caught something. So in the peak area, I caught Carol the Magmar, in the wetland area I caught Drax the Spearow, in the plains area I caught Gamora the Girafarig, in the forest area I caught Dr. Strange the Mr. Mime, in the savannah area I caught Okoye the Nidoran Female and in the meadow area I caught Ebony the Jigglypuff.

I then headed back to Mahogany Town and started to take on the gym using Natasha and Tony. Natasha did well in taking out most of the trainers and Tony dealt with various Seels and Dewgongs. Against Pryce I led with Natasha cause I couldn't remember what he started with, It turns out it was Seel so I automatically swapped into Tony as Pryce set up the Hail. I decided to fist use Fake Out then follow it up with a Headbutt, I had given Tony the Kings Rock before the fight to up my chances of getting Flinches. Next was Piloswine so I switched back to Natasha so that I could then use Fake Out on Dewgong when that came in. Natasha outsped Piloswine and took it to under half health before the Sitrus Berry with Flamethrower. Because Mud Bomb lowered Natasha's accuracy I switched into Tony and sadly he died after almost taking Piloswine out because of Hail damage. Now Nataha had to deal with Dewgong herself and opened up with Confuse Ray followed by Will=O-Wisp then it was time to just keep using Flamethrower and hoping to get lucky with critical hits and that it wouldn't use Rest. It took time and strategic healing but she managed to pull through and win. When I left the gym Professor Elm called me telling me that something was happening to the Radio Tower because it was sending out strange broadcasts. I decided to take Dr. Strange with me as Natasha's new partner. Before I take the fight to Team Rocket I want to train up Dr. Strange so the next update will be what happens with the Radio Tower and the journey to Blackthorn City.

Team
Pair One

Pepper
Level: 29
Moveset:
- Vine Whip
- Acid
- Wrap
- Sleep Powder

Peter
Level: 30