Nuzlocke A Tactician's Lament: Godot's Classic Mode Pokemon White Nuzlocke. (Canceled due to College interfering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
So I've seen people adding an additional game to their challenge runs, which is an admirable feat. So I figured I'd throw my proverbial hat into the equally proverbial ring. I'll be playing Pokemon White and recording the challenge here, but in addition to that I'll be using Fire Emblem Awakening as both a basis for names and for other things.

Rules (Nuzlocke): One encounter per route and it must be the first on the route (as always, gift pokemon and trades count as encounters for where ever they pop up), Dupes clause will be applicable. No trade evolution, if something I catch something that evolves by trade I can't evolve it no matter what. I must name everything I catch after a character from Awakening, names from other games aren't allowed if I run out of names from Awakening then I can't catch any more. I may only catch a shiny pokemon and use it if it's the first thing I find on the route, all others must be ignored or defeated like the other later encounters.

Rules (Fire Emblem): I must play on Classic Mode, If a character dies then the pokemon named after them is dead. My starter must be named Chrom if male (Lucina if female) and the player character must be named after a tactician from any game in the series, if the starter or the Lord for which it's named dies then this is considered a game over and I lose. If a named character dies before I can find a pokemon to name after them, then I lose the ability to use that name. I must use names in the order I get characters, meaning that I should use Lissa or Robin for a female pokemon before I may use Sully or Miriel. The challenge's win state is if I beat the elite four and then subsequently beat Grima. If I lose every unit or every pokemon, that's it I've lost.

These are the most simplified versions of the rules I'll be using, I have no doubt that I could make it harder on myself but I'd prefer not to go all out with too many new challenge rules right out the gate. I'll make Robin get past the tutorial in Awakening and create the save file on Pokemon and make the first actual post tomorrow at the earliest.

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Ooh, this looks interesting! I'm looking forward to this!

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Oh hey, I did a challenge like this last year, but with Shadow Dragon instead of Awakening. Glad to see I'm not the only one crazy enough to try something like this. :P
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. I'll be watching this for sure.

Reactions: SAF

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Oho~ Sounds interesting, and even more interesting for tagging it with a non-musical game. Gotta look forward to how everything will go. :yayazurill:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Glad to see so many people excited for this. Without further ado, I give you Episode 1.

Where am I? I remember hearing the name Chrom and seeing visions of a fight with some sorcerer. Pull yourself together, Robin, it's just a dream... I think. I looked around the room, simple and kinda plainly decorated must be a kid's room. I looked down, I seemed closer to the ground than last I checked. My cloak was also missing. "Hey, Robin, we heard the professor brought a package today." Cheren and Bianca had showed up to get a look at this mysterious gift. Don't rightly know who the heck they are, then again I barely know much about myself. They insisted I be the one to open the box. I found three strange creatures there in. One looked like a blue otter, one seemed green and leaf-like, and the other was a red pig. Blue, Green, and Red seemed familiar but I couldn't place why. I was inexplicably drawn to the blue creature, something about the color reminded me of that dream.

We had a "pokémon" battle, so that's what they call these beasts. I wish I had my sword or tomes, a tactician should be serving on the front lines. This blue beast I had decided will carry the name Chrom at the first opportunity. And then I saw the vision again, another world. I awakened to find three people standing over me, discussing what they should do given they found me passed out. The people introduced themselves as Lord Chrom, Lady Lissa, and Sir Frederick The Wary. I introduced myself and we noticed a town aflame. Doing what came naturally, we rushed out to help. My tome and sword at my side. We managed to dispatch the foes with no casualties, although Frederick and Lissa didn't do much it was mostly myself and Chrom doing the fighting. They followed my advice, Chrom going where I told him to, and I could see something odd. The enemies' range and a grid over the battlefield, but apparently no one else could see these features. My head started to ache and I closed my eyes again to find the world of Pokémon once more.

After stopping by to see the professor, nicknaming Chrom, and being passive-aggressively ranted at by a woman claiming to be my mother, I moved forward towards the route out of town. Professor Juniper had made a point of teaching us how to catch things. She then handed us these spherical objects called Pokéballs which are used to catch the beasts known as pokémon. Cheren and Bianca challenged me to a competition to catch as many beasts on the first route as possible. I wanted to try this one step at a time, so I only went for one on route 1. I found a dog thing, apparently called a Lillipup. I caught the thing and I named her Lissa, after the cleric from my visions because the most effective way for this thing to get stronger is to switch between her and Chrom. We caught up to Cheren and Bianca who seem to be working at the same pace as me for now, both had caught one pokemon on this route. I learned much from the professor upon reaching the next town, all relating to these "pokémon centers". After finishing up the lesson, I heard some mention of a guy giving a speech. Probably not important, so I ignored it to keep training Lissa and Chrom.

:oshawott:
Chrom
Level 7
Gentle Nature
Proud Of Its Power
Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip
Water Gun, NA

:lillipup:
Lissa
Level 6
Rash Nature
A Little Quick Tempered
Vital Spirit
Leer, Tackle
Odor Sleuth, NA

None so far.

Also none so far.

None.

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
I really enjoy the way you're writing this, with the whole swapping between dimensions. It's a really interesting take. I look forward to seeing more!

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Ok, I agree that the dimention swapping is pretty cool. I also liked the nod to the FE colours for the starters. (Does this mean Bianca's the main villain?) Keep up the good work! :)

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Another one of those visions. I was in a forest somewhere, met some masked fellow who saved Lissa from an army of well I'm not sure exactly. Nex thing I know we're fighting through the forest to slay the commander of this small squad. After a few minutes reinforcements arrived, a no nonsense cavalier named Sully and a flirtatious archer named Virion. I think Virion's more interested in the ladies, so at the very least I don't have to deal with being hit on. Sully on the other hand seemed to be his primary focus, unfortunately for her. After a while we won without any casualties on our side.

At this point we moved on toward Ylisse proper. Here I was introduced to the rest of the "shepherds", a band of mercenaries in service to Chrom and the people of Ylisse. The group I was introduced to included Vaike, a cocky fighter with an ax, Stahl who looked like an average cavalier, A skilled mage named Miriel, and these were just the ones that followed Chrom into the next battle. The plan was initially to get to Regna Ferox and get assistance against this new foe we've taken to calling Risen. When we were ambushed by Risen on the north road.

The fight started with Vaike weaponless. How he forgot his ax is beyond me. I sent soldiers one by one to handle the problem, starting with Frederick attacking a lance wielding enemy so it wouldn't harm anyone else. I paired Chrom with Stahl, for mobility, and Lissa with myself because a dead cleric is a useless cleric. Virion was paired with Sully because of their earlier (strained) teamwork, and Miriel arrived a few minutes later with Vaike's ax and ended up pairing up with him for her trouble. After a long fight with no casualties, aside from Risen, we found we'd gotten better with the tools of our trade... Especially in Lissa's case as whenever she wasn't in range of enemies she'd heal those who required it. After the battle I took a short nap and actually dreamed, which rules out the previous "it's all a dream" hypothesis. I dreamed about these new foes, and wolves which have always terrified me, only to end up mentally combining the two before waking up to find Lissa had played some sort of prank on me. Then I had a nice conversation with Chrom about what was going through his head when he found me.

I shut my eyes again and opened them, I was back in this strange world filled with the beasts called Pokémon. I got Lissa a little more combat training, she's a loyal one I hope I can keep her with me to the end. Once she was approximately Chrom's equal I finally made a point of checking out that public demonstration. Only to find it was a protest against catching and training these magnificent creatures led by some nut-job. After the protest, Cheren and I met some fanatic calling himself N and insisting he could hear the beasts speak and understood them. He challenged me to a battle, which Lissa won with a single hit. I made my way to the next route and caught a rat thing which I decided to name after Frederick, unfortunately "The Wary" wouldn't fit alongside his name on the name tag so I just left him with Frederick. After training him so that he caught up with Chrom and Lissa, and slightly surpassed them both, I decided to take a break here on route 2 and attempt to better understand how I keep jumping betwixt two realities... I wonder which one is more real, the world with the Risen or the land of Pokémon.

Chrom
Level 8
Gentle Nature
Proud Of Its Power
Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip
Water Gun, NA

Lissa
Level 8
Rash Nature
A Little Quick Tempered
Vital Spirit
Leer, Tackle
Odor Sleuth, Bite

:patrat:
Frederick (the wary)
Level 9
Timid Nature
Often Lost In Thought
Run Away
Tackle, Bite,
Leer, Bide

None so far.

Also none so far.

None.

If you can't tell there's a fair chance that I'll get all of Lissa's supports on this playthrough. No, Bianca's not the main villain. That said, I'm glad you're enjoying this.

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Time for yet another update. This one was exciting.
I awoke once more in the land of Risen. My army marching ever closer to the Longfort at the border of Regna Ferox. A woman in service to the Kahns had decided to stop us and test our mettle. Fortunately we met two more of Chrom's shepherds, a knight named Kellam that I managed to lose track of soon after and a Pegasus Knight named Sumia who tripped over her own feet. A klutz and a fellow of no renown, great.

We fought our way up, Chrom went with Sumia to speak with Kellam... I'm honestly not sure how he found Kellam, but that doesn't matter. Lissa traveled with me, Virion with Sully, and Frederick with Stahl. Vaike was left semi alone, by which I mean he was on his own until Kellam joined him. If you were to look at the battlefield from overhead Chrom, Frederick and Kellam took care of the left side. Vaike, Virion, and I handled the right. When the lower left was clear, the soldiers on that side moved to return to our main force. Meanwhile my contingency defeated the enemies on our side of the field. With that done, we moved up the rightmost staircase and opened the door with me standing in the perfect position to blast an opposing knight with arcane thunder. Arcane thunder is more like lightning, but that's beside the point.

Because I could see the enemies' effective range, I advised our army to reconvene in the spots they couldn't reach. Then I placed myself in harm's way to lure a sword user into Sumia's range. After that, I had Kellam and Vaike handle an ax user, which had the immediate consequence of putting a hammer into the hands of the one man likely to lose it. I had to make Stahl and Frederick follow Chrom and Sumia, to keep Sumia from dying as they cleared the right side. Once that was finished I had Vaike attack the general, intending for him to just weaken her so that Sumia could finish the fight. I hadn't expected Vaike to defeat the general, but he did. I should mention that throughout the fight we'd stop and wait outside of range so that Lissa could heal everyone who needed it.

After this I used a box to summon this strange thing called an Einherjar to battle, solely for the sake of making some of us stronger. This einherjar was called Florina. I fought alongside Frederick, defeated her, and then summoned her again so Chrom could fight her. With our break over and a couple conversations between Frederick and Chrom and myself we moved towards Ferox's famous stadium Arena Ferox.

Ferox is a meritocracy, so we had to prove our strength both of body and will to win their support against the Risen. Their champion is a masked figure named Marth, and we're allowed to bring in a group of six (Chrom, Sumia, Virion, Sully, Lissa and Myself in this instance). Of course Marth has a team of his own, which we'll need to defeat. I took the left side of the arena, Chrom took the right. And Sully took the center so she could assist whichever of us needed help at any particular moment. During the battle very few were injured, although that didn't stop Lissa from healing us outside of Marth's range once his minions were down. It seemed only fair to send Chrom and Sumia into Marth's range, seeing as Marth was also wielding a Falchion.

Following this battle there were conversations between myself and Lissa, Chrom and Sumia, and Virion and Sully. I may have eavesdropped a little bit on the other two conversations, but what they don't know won't hurt them. Next thing I knew I was back in the world of Pokémon. I trained everyone up to be equal with Frederick. Then I went to find Cheren. Cheren told me about the strategic advantage of giving berries to my pokémon and after I wiped the floor with him he handed me some berries he called "Oran" I immediately handed one to Chrom and one to Lissa. Cheren told me that the Gym Leader, which I suppose is like a general, should be at the gym by now. I assumed this "gym" was like a fortress, but in actuality it looked like a standard restaurant. The individual who greeted me called himself Cilan and advised me to head off toward the right if I wanted to be on equal footing.

This area to the right, as I would later learn, is called the Dreamyard. Here we battled more trainers and got a new pokémon, I shall name this creature Virion. With everyone ready, after some more training, we advanced upon the fort. Defeating Cilan's underlings was easy, perhaps too easy. And then we made it to the man himself. I placed Lissa in the front of the party and hoped for the best. She'd managed to defeat his lilipup, but was left weak. I switched to Virion to deal with Cilan's grass beast. Both were monkeys, so that's why we were supposedly on equal footing. Virion won the battle and I made my way to the pokémon center to heal up. So far everything was going as planned, but I should expect snafus somewhere along the line.

I was then approached by a strange lady calling herself Fennel. Fennel wanted me to head into the dreamyard and fetch her something, this was about the point where I learned the proper name for that place. Fennel gave me a disc labeled cut, explaining that I could give this to a pokémon and it would learn a new move somehow. I gave the disc to Frederick, because why shouldn't I. We returned to the Dreamyard, cut down the tree blocking the way, and walked in followed by Bianca. Here we found a Munna being abused by Team Plasma grunts, it seems they don't practice what they preach.

Defeated the Plasma members and moved on, no casualties here and nothing to catch. Although I was now able to find a new Pokémon on this route and the other routes. This thing is called Audino and I've found it's very useful for training against. After training everyone to be more powerful, I moved off to return to Fennel, get a useless bit of technology, and finally leave Striaton City. Useless tech in hand, I made my way to Route 3 and battled more trainers. As I was about to find out what's available on Route 3, I was stopped by Cheren. Cheren challenged me to a battle sent out his Snivy first while I led with Lissa. Lissa defeated Snivy and was left practically at death's door, she was close but not dead yet. I switched to Virion and he won the battle.

Next thing I knew Bianca had approached me for assistance in getting a little girl's pokémon back. Of course any opportunity to train is a good opportunity to train, so I agreed. And then I felt myself fading back into the other reality.

Chrom
Level 15
Gentle Nature
Proud Of Its Power
Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip
Water Gun, Water Sport

Lissa
Level 15
Rash Nature