A Veteran Returns... Kinda

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Hello everyone! Long time no see, yeah? Some of you may remember me, some of you may not. I was decently active during the first few months of the new Marriland forums. I was even the top poster at one point! Then, I started feeling extremely sick and horrible and just not myself starting November of 2018, and that's when I started posting less and less. January hit and I finally decided to go see a doctor. As some as you already know, that was when I got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I was in very bad shape to put it nicely. No matter my best efforts to remain active, this ultimately proved to be too much for me. I needed to drop everything to focus on overcoming this. It truly felt like I switched bodies, switched lives. The person I was died and I was living a new life, one that wasn't mine. I needed to relearn a lot of things about being a human; what I could and couldn't eat, drink, and then how exercising would affect things. Would I able to play sports as hard as I want? If so, how? Etc, etc. It took me like three months to feel like I could begin the journey to stand on my own two feet. And then that took months. October came around and I finally started to feel like things were somewhat normal. But then other things came apart hard and I needed to deal with that. January of this year was when I felt confident again that things were finally as normal as they could be. Sure I'll never be able to play sports for 8 hours in a day, sure I'll never be able to eat 10 big macs, and drink gallons of Dr. Pepper in a day, but at least I feel normal again physically. I reached out to a special friend of mine from Marriland recently, and they were able to reassure me that I'm missed over here. Although I'm busy with work and playing other games, I believe I can at least post here occasionally. I missed all of my friends here. Unfortunately some of the people I knew have already left, and I hope they're doing good. :)

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Ayyyyyye great to have you back! That is a crazy story though to hear about. And yes, many have since moved on from the forums, but even though I haven't posted quite as much, I'm still here and always happy to talk! Hope you're staying safe in the meantime. All the best!

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Welcome back! I absolutely remember you, man! Really happy to see you back, and happier to see you're back to some sense of normality!
Great to see you're doing well now :)

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Good to see you again, Drake! That does sound like quite a lot to experience in a few short months, but good job making the most of it and pushing through! Though I must say, I'd be impressed if you could drink whole gallons of Dr. Pepper in a day even before your diagnosis!

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Funny fact about that. During November and December, when I didn't know what was going on with my diabetes, my stomach increased like tenfold or something. It was insane lol

PeytonStevens

Long-time fan, Gen 4 is my favorite
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
0087-2780-7505
Switch FC
SW-1420-3653-7237
IGN
Peyton
I'm new to the forums, it's amazing to see what you've overcome! I hope to see you around!