Wedlocke A X-Citing New Place - A Pokemon X Wedlocke

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
So I have just been moving house and only got the internet installed today and seeing that in the Kalos games it is established that you have just moved to the area, and the fact that I am enjoying my wedlocke challenges (even if some aren't finished or being documented here) I figured I would start up a wedlocke on X to pass the time so here we go!

Rules
  1. Any pokemon that faint are considered dead and must be permaboxed or released.
  2. Every Pokemon must be nicknamed (I am going with a Marvel theme for my nicknames)
  3. You must catch the first encounter on each route
  4. Gender clause: if I have 1,3 or 5 Pokemon in my party the next Pokemon must be of the gender that is least represented in the party
  5. Gift clause: any gifts I receive is a free encounter and I can still get a Pokemon as an encounter
  6. Genderless Pokemon cannot be caught and do not count towards a first encounter
  7. Once a Pokemon is paired up it cannot be changed unless one of them dies and they can only be switched with their partner
  8. Pokemon cannot be deposited into the PC unless collecting a gift Pokemon or an HM is required to continue
  9. My starter is decided by the last digit of my Trainer ID 1,2,3 I pick the grass type, 4,5,6 I choose the fire type and 7,8,9 I pick the water starter. If I get a Zero I move one space to the left and use that number
  10. I am allowing the Exp Share in moderation
  11. The challenge is completed when I beat AZ or failed when I have no Pokemon left in the box to use

Update One
After being rudely awakened by the family Fletchling I headed downstairs where I met Shauna and Calem who live in my area. They told me that I should head to Aquacorde Town so that I could get a Pokemon from Professor Sycamore. It seems like I was there in no time where I met Tierno and Trevor. My Trainer ID ended in a 6 so I picked Stephen the Fennekin as my starter and easily beat Shauna. After this, I headed home and gave my mum the letter from the Professor, I headed to Route 2 where Calem showed Shauna and me how to catch Pokemon. I then caught Mantis the female Scatterbug to pair with Stephen. After some training, we headed into the Santalune Forest where I caught Peter the Panpour. After the forest I headed to Route 22 where sadly the female Farfetch'd I was trying to catch knocked out Mantis, when I caught Pepper I paired her with Stephen seeing as he is the most senior member of the team. I then headed back to Route 3 where my encounter was a female Burmy which I caught and called Gamora. Now I am part of the way through training for the gym.

Team
Pair one:

Gamora
Level: 7
Nature: Impish
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset:
- Protect

Peter
Level: 7
Nature: Mild
Ability: Gluttony
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Play Nice
  • Leer
  • Lick
Pair two:

Pepper
Level: 10
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Leer
  • Fury Cutter
  • Fury Attack

Stephen
Level: 11
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Tail Whip
  • Ember
  • Howl

Box
None

Deaths

Mantis
Level: 8
Ability: Shield Dust
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Last edited:

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Shame Pepper had to kill Mantis. I'm gonna say Gamora is the next one to die. Peter! I'm with you all the way!

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Replies
@HungryPiplup
@Mystical
@SAF
Yeah, it was a shame that Pepper stole Stephen's heart and killed his partner, especially cause I do like Vivillion at least early on in the game.

Update Two
After training up Peter and Gamora to level 10 for Gamora to learn Tackle to actually attack herself I headed to the gym. My plan was to use Stephen and Pepper seeing as they were type effective and to put a long story short Pepper swept the entire gym by herself by using Aerial Ace. After collecting the Exp Share from Viola's sister I headed to Route 4 and fought a few of the trainers before heading quickly to Lumiose City seeing as I know that the Kanto starters have a higher chance of being male. I decided to still use Pepper and Stephen because I was still iffy about using Peter and Gamora seeing as she was so weak in comparison. After the battle, I collected Hulk the Bulbasaur and the Mega Stone for him. I love that he is a gentle nature so I refer to him as a gentle giant (which is very true when he evolves). After meeting Lysander I headed back to Route 4 where I caught Morgan the Flabebe. Next, I did some training before getting a hair cut and meeting Calem at the cafe. Then I headed to Route 5 and caught Jane the Plusle, I met up with Trevor and Tierno and battled Tierno beating him with ease. Sadly, I lost Gamora against a roller skater so Peter is now paired with Jane. After doing a little training to get Jane up to par I headed to Shabboneau Castle then to Route 7 to hear about Snorlax and the Poke Flute before heading to Parfume Palace, my encounter for Route 6 was Wanda the Espurr. After dealing with the lost Furfrou I headed back to the Snorlax and had Pepper steal its Sitrus Berry before I ran. After hearing about the Daycare and battling some Smeargle trainers and my group of friends with Jane and Peter I caught Natasha the Crogunk then headed into Connecting Cave where I caught Loki the Axew. My Route 8 encounter was Peggy the Absol and before long I was in Ambrette Town.

I headed to the fossil lab to see if anyone knew about Mega Evolution which then sent me to Route 9 and the Glittering Cave. On Route 9 I caught Maria the Hippopotas and my Glittering Cave encounter was Tony the Cubone. I continued on and eventually ran into a group calling themselves Team Flare, after beating them I found the scientist and was allowed to pick between the Sail fossil and the Jaw Fossil. Seeing as I usually always go for Tyrunt I decided to go for Amura who I called Laufey. In the beach part of Ambrette Town, I caught MJ the Luvdisc. Sadly on my way to Cyllage City, I lost Hulk to a Shellder with Skill Link and Icicle Spear. Once in Cyllage City, I decided to use Rock Smash to get my encounter which was Coulson the Dwebble. I then headed to Route 10 where I caught Valkyrie the Hawlucha at the expense of Jane's life. Once back at the Pokemon Centre I decided to pair Tony with Morgan cause that at least covers her weakness to poison and steel and I paired Natasha up with Peter. I wanted to take on the gym in this update but obviously, with the training, I have to do that won't happen now.

Team
Pair one:

Stephen
Level: 19
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

Pepper
Level: 18
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return
Pair two:

Peter
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Thief
  • Water Gun
  • Shadow Claw

Natasha
Level: 12
Nature: Careful
Ability: Anticipation
Moveset:
  • Rock Smash
  • Mud-Slap
  • Poison Sting
  • Taunt
Pair three:

Morgan
Nature: Brave
Ability: Flower Veil
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Razor Leaf
  • Fairy Wind
  • Lucky Chant

Tony
Level: 15
Nature: Modest
Ability: Lightning Rod
Moveset:
  • Rock Smash
  • Bone Club
  • Headbutt
  • Leer

Box

Wanda
Nature: Serious
Ability: Infiltrator
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Leer
  • Covet
  • Confusion

Loki
Level: 14
Ability: Rivalry
Moveset:
  • Leer
  • Assurance
  • Dragon Rage
  • Dual Chop

Peggy
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Level: 17
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sand Stream
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
  • Yawn

Laufey
Level: 20
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Refrigerate
Moveset:
  • Icy Wind
  • Take Down
  • Mist
  • Aurora Beam

MJ
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Ability: Shell Armour
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Valkyrie
Level: Calm
Ability: Unburden
Moveset:
  • Karate Chop
  • Wing Attack
  • Roost
  • Aerial Ace

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Level: 13
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Plus
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
You're having a rough go of it this update. Three deaths... damn

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
After the battle, I collected Hulk the Bulbasaur and the Mega Stone for him. I love that he is a gentle nature so I refer to him as a gentle giant (which is very true when he evolves).
(((a gentle giant)))
Unfortunately, he got such a cruel fate which is also... ouch. :sadazurill:

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
RIP gentle hulk.. you had such great potential. Also go Peter! Prove your worthiness once and for all! (Probably not gonna happen but who knows)

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Replies
You're having a rough go of it this update. Three deaths... damn
Yeah this has been brutal so far
After the battle, I collected Hulk the Bulbasaur and the Mega Stone for him. I love that he is a gentle nature so I refer to him as a gentle giant (which is very true when he evolves).
(((a gentle giant)))
Unfortunately, he got such a cruel fate which is also... ouch. :sadazurill:
Such a shame, he was so promising and I thought he and Morgan were really cute together
RIP gentle hulk.. you had such great potential. Also go Peter! Prove your worthiness once and for all! (Probably not gonna happen but who knows)
Ohhh wait till you read this update, Peter did shine :winkazurill:

Update Three
After training everyone up to around levels 21 to 23 I headed into the gym leading with Natasha and Peter, against the person with the Dwebble and Relicanth though I decided to use Morgan and Tony just cause they were better suited to the fight. It wasn't long before I was up and facing Grant, now the fun fact is that he will usually always give me trouble no matter what. Against Amura I used Natasha and allowed it to Thunder Wave her because then I knew I could get off a Revenge which one-shot it. Then when Tyrunt came out I switched to Peter and used Scald which managed to snag a burn which was helpful, a second Scald almost killed but it was enough that the burn dealt with Tyrunt. After getting Rock Tomb I taught Strength to Tony and headed back to Route 8 where I got the Water Stone and evolved Peter because with everything this little monkey has done he deserves it for sure. Next, I headed through the new part of Connecting Cave and then onto Route 10 to take on the trainers and Team Flare. I'm not overly worried about the fight against Korrina because of Morgan and Tony. One thing that I find really cute in Peter's animation now is that he claps his hands in front of him when he uses Bite. I made my way into Geosenge Town and healed up, after a bit of exploring I decided to fight against Korrina. For this fight, I decided to give Tony the Soft Sand and Swords Dance to power up Bulldoze and then I would use Morgan as a backup option. I opened up with a Swords Dance then just used Bulldoze which two shot the first Lucario and when the second was at a small amount of heath I swapped into Morgan and used Fairy Wind which meant I beat Korrina.

Once I healed up I headed onto Route 11 where I fought a couple of trainers before going to get my encounter which ended up being Okoye the Nidorina. Next I took on Brains and Brawn Frank and Sly where sadly I lost Pepper and Stephen. Now that I have Loki and Wanda as my new pair I need to do some more training before I enter the Reflection Cave. So next update will include me going through the cave and the Shalour City Gym.

Team
Pair one

Morgan
Level: 26
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Magical Leaf
  • Fairy Wind
  • Wish

Tony
Level: 25
Held Item: Soft Sand
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Strength
  • Aerial Ace

Pair two

Natasha
Moveset:
  • Revenge
  • Bulldoze
  • Poison Sting
  • Feint Attack

Peter
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Bite
  • Scald
  • Shadow Claw

Pair three

Loki
Moveset:
  • Frustration
  • Assurance
  • Dragon Rage
  • Dual Chop

Wanda
Abiltiy: Infiltrator
Moveset
  • Frustration
  • Leer
  • Covet
  • Confusion

Box

Peggy
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
  • Yawn

Laufey
Moveset:
  • Icy Wind
  • Take Down
  • Mist
  • Aurora Beam

MJ
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Valkyrie
Level: Calm
Moveset:
  • Karate Chop
  • Wing Attack
  • Roost
  • Aerial Ace

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

Pepper
Level: 24
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return

Stephen
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

HungryPiplup

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Alright Peter! Big boy now. Cool pick for Loki btw! Really fit the look

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Ooo that last update was tough, I usually avoid battling that pair in challenge runs

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Replies
Alright Peter! Big boy now. Cool pick for Loki btw! Really fit the look
Yeah Peter has been doing very well for me at the moment. And I didn't realise how good Loki was as a name until I went back and thought about the stuff involving Norse mythology and just the look of the line.
Ooo that last update was tough, I usually avoid battling that pair in challenge runs
I have just been having some pretty rough luck recently hopefully things are gonna get better and I often lose Pokemon to that pair as well they are just so tough for some reason

Update Four
After having to do a lot of training to get the team to level 29 I made my way through the Reflection Cave catching Grand Master the Mime Junior along the way. Once in Shalour City I headed to the Tower of Mastery where I fought and beat Calem with Morgan and Tony. The gym was easy with Morgan taking out the trainers and Wanda sweeping Korinna before her. Then I headed back to the Tower of Mastery where I used a Lucario to fight her, however, I did lose the fight cause of a crit Power-Up Punch. I do not count this as a loss because the thing about Mega evolution continues even if you lose, I was allowed to take Bucky the Lucario with me and then headed to Route 12, before leaving town Calem gave me Surf which I put on Peter straight away as well as teaching him Cut because I wanted to get the leftovers on this route. My encounter was a Slowpoke which I called Bruce then in the Azure Bay I caught Hela the Inkay as well as getting the TM of X-Scissor. Whilst being back in Shalour City I caught Shuri the Chinchou. Next, I headed back to Coumarine City and took on Calem in front of the gym using Morgan and Tony again. I figured that I was all set for the gym so I headed in leading with Natasha and using Wanda and Loki on occasions as well. Against Ramos, I decided to lead with Loki seeing as Natasha is weak to Jumpluff's Acrobatics Loki did manage to beat Jumpluff after a Dragon Dance and recoil from the Rocky Helmet. Wanda and Loki dealt with Gogoat and then Wanda one shot Weepinbell.

Next, I headed to Route 13 and caught Clint the Trapinch and made my way into the Power Plant in order to save it from Team Flare. Sadly the first person inside killed poor Peter with Sucker Punch from Croagunk. So I decided that since I like my water types I would get Steve out of the PC and pair him with Natasha. Training shouldn't take too long as I am going through the Power Plant which I will cover in the next update seeing as I have done a lot today including training and stuff.

Team
Pair one

Steve
Level: 30
Nature: Docile
Ability: Water Absorb
Held Item: Lucky Egg
Moveset:
  • Surf
  • Body Slam
  • Rain Dance
  • Perish Song

Natasha
Level: 34
Held Item: Black Belt
Moveset:
  • Power-Up Punch
  • X-Scissor
  • Poison Jab
  • Sucker Punch

Pair two

Morgan
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Grass Knot
  • Fairy Wind
  • Wish

Tony
Level: 33
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Strength
  • Aerial Ace

Pair three

Loki
Held Item: Rocky Helmet
Moveset:
  • X-Scissor
  • Aerial Ace
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Claw

Wanda
Level: 35
Held Item: Mind Plate
Moveset:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Charge Beam
  • Psyshock

Box

Peggy
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
  • Yawn

Laufey
Moveset:
  • Icy Wind
  • Take Down
  • Mist
  • Aurora Beam

MJ
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Valkyrie
Nature: Calm
Moveset:
  • Karate Chop
  • Wing Attack
  • Roost
  • Aerial Ace

Okoye
Level: 21
Nature: Lax
Moveset:
  • Tail Whip
  • Double Kick
  • Poison Sting
  • Fury Swipes

Grand Master
Ability: Filter
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Copycat
  • Meditate
  • Double Slap

Bucky
Level: 32
Ability: Steadfast
Moveset:
  • Power-Up Punch
  • Swords Dance
  • Metal Sound
  • Bone Rush

Bruce
Level: 23
Ability: Oblivious
Moveset:
  • Water Gun
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Headbutt

Hela
Level: 27
Ability: Contrary
Moveset:
  • Hypnosis
  • Psybeam
  • Switcheroo
  • Payback

Shuri
Ability: Illuminate
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spark
  • Take Down

Clint
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moveset:
  • Mud-Slap
  • Bide
  • Bulldoze
  • Rock Slide

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

Pepper
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return

Stephen
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Sorry about the delay in this update! I have been doing some interview prep for the NHS (National Health Service in the UK) and I have been doing some shifts at work, plus training up etc. Anyways enjoy.

Update Five
I made my way through the Power Plant mainly using Steve to fight so that I could train him up. After defeating Aliana I headed to Lumiose City after meeting AZ. In Lumiose I met Shauna who explained that Clemont and Bonnie were friends of hers before I headed off to go train up. Clemont wasn't very hard to defeat using Tony and Morgan. Next, I fought against Calem on Route 14 and my usual pair of Loki and Wanda dealt with him easily. My Route 14 encounter was Sam the Goomy. After going to the Scary House with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor I arrived in Laverre City where I headed straight to the Gym and used Natasha to beat it with ease after catching Killmonger the Poliwhirl. After driving Team Flare out of the Pokeball Factory I headed to Route 15 where I caught Yon-Rogg the Skorupi, the Lost Hotel gave me Mysterio the Klefki as my encounter and Route 16 I caught Frigga the Weepinbell. During this exploration, I lost Natasha so I replaced her with Hela seeing as I needed a good answer against Psychic-types for the next gym. Once I had trained up I arrived in Dendamille Town where I was reminded of the legendary Pokemon Xerneas by the Professor. After visiting the Move relearner I headed into the Frost Cavern.

Whilst going through the Frost Cavern I caught Hope the Piloswine and I lost both Hela and Steve to battle girl Kinsey and her Mienshao so Nakia and Mysterio became my newest team members, it took a bit of time to train them I continued through Frost Cavern and ended up defeating Team Flare Mable and her Houndoom.On Route 17 I caught Nebula the Sneasle and arrived in Anistar City. Once I beat Calem I took on the gym with Nakia by my side I was able to defeat it with ease.

Back in Lumiose City, I made my way to Lysander Labs and defeated the two Flare Grunts guarding the entrance before fighting Lysander himself. Loki and Wanda did very well against him, Wanda even managed to score a paralysis against Gyarados and then the Gyarados was fully paralysed. Best of all, Loki evolved into Haxorus after the fight. I know this update looks shorter but I have taken on three gyms in this update. Next time I will be taking on the Lysander Labs and the Team Flare hideout and potentially getting to Snowbelle City.

Team
Pair one

Tony
Level: 46
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Strength
  • Rock Tomb

Morgan
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Toxic
  • Moonblast
  • Wish

Pair two

Wanda
Level: 48
Moveset:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Fake Out
  • Psychic

Loki
Moveset:
  • X-Scissor
  • Shadow Claw
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Claw

Pair three

Mysterio
Nature: Rash
Ability: Prankster
Moveset:
  • Foul Play
  • Play Rough
  • Mirror Shot
  • Toxic

Nakia
Level: 47
Held Item: King's Rock
Moveset:
  • Crabhammer
  • Night Slash
  • Surf
  • Swords Dance

Box

Peggy
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
  • Yawn

Laufey
Moveset:
  • Icy Wind
  • Take Down
  • Mist
  • Aurora Beam

MJ
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Valkyrie
Moveset:
  • Karate Chop
  • Wing Attack
  • Roost
  • Aerial Ace

Okoye
Moveset:
  • Tail Whip
  • Double Kick
  • Poison Sting
  • Fury Swipes

Grand Master
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Copycat
  • Meditate
  • Double Slap

Bucky
Moveset:
  • Power-Up Punch
  • Swords Dance
  • Metal Sound
  • Bone Rush

Bruce
Moveset:
  • Water Gun
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Headbutt

Shuri
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spark
  • Take Down

Clint
Moveset:
  • Mud-Slap
  • Bide
  • Bulldoze
  • Rock Slide

Sam
Ability: Hydration
Moveset:
  • Dragon Breath
  • Rain Dance
  • Flail
  • Body Slam

Killmonger
Ability: Damp
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Double Slap
  • Rain Dance
  • Body Slam

Yon-Rogg
Level: 36
Ability: Sniper
Moveset:
  • Poison Fang
  • Venoshock
  • Hone Claws
  • Toxic Spikes

Frigga
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset:
  • Acid
  • Knock Off
  • Sweet Scent
  • Gastro Acid

Hope
Level: 39
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moveset:
  • Ice Fang
  • Take Down
  • Fury Attack
  • Mist

Nebula
Level: 40
Moveset:
  • Beat Up
  • Screech
  • Slash
  • Snatch

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

Pepper
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return

Stephen
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

Peter
Moveset:
  • Cut
  • Bite
  • Scald
  • Surf

Natasha
Level: 43
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Poison Jab
  • Sucker Punch

Hela
Level: 44
Moveset:
  • Superpower
  • Psycho Cut
  • Aerial Ace
  • Foul Play

Steve
Moveset:
  • Surf
  • Body Slam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Six
Taking on the Lab wasn't the hardest thing in the world, though there were close calls for sure but it didn't take long to take out the Grunts and Scientists and receive the key where I heard the story of the King of Kalos from AZ. Following this, I headed to Lysander's chamber where I fought and beat Xerosic and sadly lost Morgan and Tony to Lysander's Mega Gyarados. After training Valkyrie and Laufey as my new pair, I headed to Geosenge Town and to Team Flare's Hideout and managed to catch Xerneas and I defeated Lysander again happily with no deaths. Heading out of Anistar City onto Route 18 I caught Scott the Durant and in Terminus Cave, I caught Rescue the Lairon then I fought Professor Sycamore in Couriway Town where I beat him with relative ease and before leaving I caught Fandral the Lombre. Route 19 I caught Howard the Karrablast and made it through the gauntlet on the bridge against Shauna, Tierno and Trevor remarkably not losing anyone. After arriving in Snowbelle City I headed to Route 20 where I caught Wong the Zoroark and in the Pokemon Villiage I caught Ancient One the Gorthorita. In the gym, I sadly lost Mysterio and Nakia to the trainer with the Mamoswine. So as I am now training up Rescue and Fandral and I again know this is a short update but I wanted to get something else out, at the time of writing I only have to train up Valkyrie and Laufey up by five levels each before I feel okay with going back into the Gym.

Team
Pair one

Laufey
Level: 54
Moveset:
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ancient Power
  • Bulldoze
  • Freeze-Dry

Valkyrie
Level: 52
Moveset:
  • High Jump Kick
  • Brick Break
  • Fly
  • Acrobatics
Pair two

Rescue
Level: 57
Nature: Niave
Ability: Rock Head
Moveset:
  • Rock Tomb
  • Brick Break
  • Iron Head
  • Bulldoze

Fandral
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
  • Waterfall
  • Surf
  • Brick Break
  • Energy Ball
Pair three

Wanda
Moveset:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Fake Out
  • Psychic

Loki
Moveset:
  • X-Scissor
  • Outrage
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Claw

Box

Peggy
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
  • Yawn

MJ
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Okoye
Moveset:
  • Tail Whip
  • Double Kick
  • Poison Sting
  • Fury Swipes

Grand Master
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Copycat
  • Meditate
  • Double Slap

Bucky
Moveset:
  • Power-Up Punch
  • Swords Dance
  • Metal Sound
  • Bone Rush

Bruce
Moveset:
  • Water Gun
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Headbutt

Shuri
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spark
  • Take Down

Clint
Moveset:
  • Mud-Slap
  • Bide
  • Bulldoze
  • Rock Slide

Sam
Moveset:
  • Dragon Breath
  • Rain Dance
  • Flail
  • Body Slam

Killmonger
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Double Slap
  • Rain Dance
  • Body Slam

Yon-Rogg
Moveset:
  • Poison Fang
  • Venoshock
  • Hone Claws
  • Toxic Spikes

Frigga
Moveset:
  • Acid
  • Knock Off
  • Sweet Scent
  • Gastro Acid

Hope
Moveset:
  • Ice Fang
  • Take Down
  • Fury Attack
  • Mist

Nebula
Moveset:
  • Beat Up
  • Screech
  • Slash
  • Snatch

Scott
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Swarm
Moveset:
  • Bug Bite
  • Crunch
  • Iron Head
  • Dig

Howard
Moveset:
  • Slash
  • Take Down
  • Scary Face
  • X-Scissor

Wong
Ability: Illusion
Moveset:
  • Night Slash
  • Torment
  • Agility
  • Embargo

Ancient One
Level: 49
Ability: Competitive
Moveset:
  • Future Sight
  • Heal Block
  • Psychic
  • Telekinesis

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

Pepper
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return

Stephen
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

Peter
Moveset:
  • Cut
  • Bite
  • Scald
  • Surf

Natasha
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Poison Jab
  • Sucker Punch

Hela
Moveset:
  • Superpower
  • Psycho Cut
  • Aerial Ace
  • Foul Play

Steve
Moveset:
  • Surf
  • Body Slam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam

Tony
Level: 50
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Strength
  • Rock Tomb

Morgan
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Toxic
  • Moonblast
  • Wish

Mysterio
Moveset:
  • Foul Play
  • Play Rough
  • Mirror Shot
  • Toxic

Nakia
Level: 55
Moveset:
  • Crabhammer
  • Night Slash
  • Surf
  • Swords Dance

Last edited:

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Wow you've had alot of deaths in this challenge

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Seven
After I finished training I headed back into the gym using Rescue mainly due to her Steel typing and I beat Wulfric with real ease. After that went and got the TMs for Psychic, Dark Pulse, Stone Edge and Earthquake. Next, I headed on to Route 21 where I lost Loki against the first trainer which sucked. I decided to replace him with Sam the Goomy and spent a fair amount of time training him and the rest of the team to level 60 before continuing my way through the Route and arriving at the badge check gate where I was able to win against that trainer with Rescue and Fandral. My Victory Road encounter was Pietro the Lickitung with that out of the way I began my journey through Victory Road, like Marriland when he did his challenge I will not be training up any new Pokemon until right before the fight with Calem and then after that fight if I need to, then right before I fight the league if I need to. With that being said I automatically lost Fandral and Rescue against the trainer at the very start who had a Weavile so I decided that because I just started I would go and train up a new pair, I decided to pick Frigga the Weepinbel and Rhodey the Floatzel that I caught on Route 21. I guess that I will go through more of Victory Road when I have finished this training grind.

Team
Pair one

Frigga
Level: 41
Moveset:
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Sleep Powder
  • Razor Leaf
  • Energy Ball

Rhodey
Level: 54
Moveset:
  • Waterfall
  • Surf
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Beam
Pair two

Wanda
Level: 60
Moveset:
  • Dark Pulse
  • Thunderbolt
  • Fake Out
  • Psychic

Sam
Held Item: Draco Plate
Moveset:
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Thunderbolt
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Flamethrower
Pair Three

Valkyrie
Level: 61
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
Moveset:
  • High Jump Kick
  • Brick Break
  • Fly
  • Acrobatics

Laufey
Level: 61
Moveset:
  • Dark Pulse
  • Rock Slide
  • Ice Beam
  • Freeze-Dry

Box

Peggy
Moveset:
  • Feint
  • Leer
  • Quick Attack
  • Pursuit

Maria
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Sand Attack
  • Bite
= Yawn

MJ
Moveset:
  • Charm
  • Water Gun
  • Agility
  • Take Down

Coulson
Moveset:
  • Rock Blast
  • Withdraw
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack

Okoye
Moveset:
  • Tail Whip
  • Double Kick
  • Poison Sting
  • Fury Swipes

Grand Master
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Copycat
  • Meditate
  • Double Slap

Bucky
Moveset:
  • Power-Up Punch
  • Swords Dance
  • Metal Sound
  • Bone Rush

Bruce
Moveset:
  • Water Gun
  • Confusion
  • Disable
  • Headbutt

Shuri
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Confuse Ray
  • Spark
  • Take Down

Clint
Moveset:
  • Mud-Slap
  • Bide
  • Bulldoze
  • Rock Slide

Killmonger
Moveset:
  • Bubble
  • Double Slap
  • Rain Dance
  • Body Slam

Yon-Rogg
Moveset:
  • Poison Fang
  • Venoshock
  • Hone Claws
  • Toxic Spikes

Hope
Moveset:
  • Ice Fang
  • Take Down
  • Fury Attack
  • Mist

Nebula
Moveset:
  • Beat Up
  • Screech
  • Slash
  • Snatch

Scott
Nature: Naughty
Moveset:
  • Bug Bite
  • Crunch
  • Iron Head
  • Dig

Howard
Moveset:
  • Slash
  • Take Down
  • Scary Face
  • X-Scissor

Wong
Ability: Illusion
Moveset:
  • Night Slash
  • Torment
  • Agility
  • Embargo

Ancient One
Level: 49
Ability: Competitive
Moveset:
  • Future Sight
  • Heal Block
  • Psychic
  • Telekinesis

Pietro
Level: 58
Ability: Own Tempo
Moveset:
  • Refresh
  • Screech
  • Power Whip
  • Wring Out

Deaths

Mantis
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • String Shot
  • Stun Spore

Gamora
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Tackle

Hulk
Moveset:
  • Venoshock
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
  • Razor Leaf

Jane
Moveset:
  • Spark
  • Encore
  • Thunder Wave
  • Quick Attack

Pepper
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Knock Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Return

Stephen
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Flame Charge
  • Ember
  • Psybeam

Peter
Moveset:
  • Cut
  • Bite
  • Scald
  • Surf

Natasha
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Poison Jab
  • Sucker Punch

Hela
Moveset:
  • Superpower
  • Psycho Cut
  • Aerial Ace
  • Foul Play

Steve
Moveset:
  • Surf
  • Body Slam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Ice Beam

Tony
Moveset:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bulldoze
  • Strength
  • Rock Tomb

Morgan
Moveset:
  • Protect
  • Toxic
  • Moonblast
  • Wish

Mysterio
Moveset:
  • Foul Play
  • Play Rough
  • Mirror Shot
  • Toxic

Nakia
Level: 55
Moveset:
  • Crabhammer
  • Night Slash
  • Surf
  • Swords Dance

Rescue
Ability: Rock Head
Moveset:
  • Rock Slide
  • Strength
  • Iron Head
  • Earthquake

Fandral
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
  • Waterfall
  • Surf
  • Ice Beam
  • Energy Ball

Last edited:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Eight
After training up I continued through Victory Road trying to be careful to not lose anyone else. Sadly against a Psychic with a Medicham with Thunder Punch and High Jump Kick, I lost Laufey and Valkyrie. Luckily they were my only two casualties before I reached the first checkpoint before fighting Calem. Once there I went back and spent a lot of time training Grand Master the Mime Jr/Mr Mime and Okoye the Nidoran Female/ Nidoqueen. Once that was finished I took on Calem with Sam and Wanda, I managed to beat him but I lost Sam to a critical hit Night Slash from Absol, so this means that I have to do more training, I decided to train up Howard the Karrablast because him being bug type helps against Dark types that Wanda would not want to face. I was thinking of using Bucky the Lucario but decided that Howard having more resistances from his Steel type once evolved would be more helpful. After training, I continued through Victory Road which went much smoother than the first half meaning that I reached the Pokemon League, now that I am here I want to train up the team to level 65 before facing the Elite Four and Champion.

After training, I made it into the chamber to fight the Elite Four. I decided to start off fighting Malva using Rhodey, he took out Pyroar and Talonflame in one hit each with Waterfall but ended up getting burnt from Talonflame's Flame Body so I swapped to using Surf which knocked out Torkal and Rhodey was even faster than Malva's Chandelure so my first battle in the Elite Four was a complete sweep.

Next, I decided to take on Drasna and decided to lead with Okoye against Dragalge and Earthquake one-shot it. Against Noivern I went into Grand Master who beat it with Dazzling Gleam and Psychic. Against Altraria I used Dazzling Gleam as it just Moonblasted. And Druddigon fell to two Dazzling Gleams.

For Seibold, I decided to use a slighting interesting strategy by using Wanda instead of Frigga because Wanda was better equipped to take on Gyarados. Against Clawitzer I opened with Fake Out, next turn she was hit with Dark Pulse after using Thunderbolt, then used Thunderbolt again. Against Barbaricale Howard opened with Iron Head then dodged a Stone Edge and set up Swords Dance, then he missed Stone Edge again and Howard knocked him out with Iron Head. Next was Gyarados Wanda opened with Fake Out then followed up with Thunderbolt and beat him. Starmie was the last one to come out and Howard was the one to take it out with X-Scissor.

The final member of the Elite Four was Wikstrom who opened with Klefki which Okoye took out using Flamethrower and Earthquake. Since I was subjected to Torment I had to use Flamethrower against Probopass then use Earthquake. Against Scizor Flamethrower did not quite knock it out but after he healed I used Earthquake then Flamethrower to take it out. Finally, it was time for Aegislash who went for King Shield blocking Earthquake so I used Crunch to do some damage then went for Flamethrower then healed. What was annoying was every time I went for Earthquake it used King Shield. Finally, I beat it with Crunch.

Finally, it was time for the fight against the Champion. I decided to open with Wanda against Hawlucha by using Fake Out, I didn't know it had X-Scissor but she took it and knocked it out with Psychic. Next was Gourgiest which used Trick-Or-Treat and after healing and a Swords Dance Howard beat it. Next was Goodra who I faked out then just kept hitting with Psychic and healing when needed. Tyrantrum was next and after healing Howard took it out with Iron Head and then Tyrantrum killed itself with Head Smash, after healing Howard was used to take out Aurorus. Finally, it was time for Gardevior who paralysed Howard with Thunderbolt but when the Reflect from Aurorus stopped Howard knocked Mega Gardevior out with Iron Head.

After going through the Hall of Fame I had to fight AZ. He led with Torkoal which went down in two Psychics. Golurk took a Psychic then went for Phantom Force so I went into Howard to take it and after taking a second Phantom Force he knocked it out with Iron Head. I headed back into Wanda against Sigilyph, used Fake Out then two Thunderbolts. And with that I have beaten Pokemon X, this was a really fun and pretty difficult challenge even without using more rules like no healing, but it was really good to win it.

Team
Pair one

Wanda
Level: 66
Moveset:
  • Energy Ball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Fake Out
  • Psychic

Howard
Level: 66