AAA - Ask Alex Anything

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
Ask me literally anything. The questions can be repeats or whatever, just ask away! :)

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
1. Let me hit you with your own question: Who's the first pokemon: Rhydon, Bulbasaur, Mew, or Arceus?
2. Would you yourself be a firebender?

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
1. Let me hit you with your own question: Who's the first pokemon: Rhydon, Bulbasaur, Mew, or Arceus?
2. Would you yourself be a firebender?
1. In universe it's Arceus, right? Haha, I don't really know. God is first, that's my answer.

2. It's embarrassing that I've built an identity around this, even though I'm a total Airbender. I am passive frequently and I work around others. If I'm not an Airbender, I'm a Waterbender.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Is the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie really as bad as some people say?

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
Is the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie really as bad as some people say?
That movie is incredibly bad, and from many different angles. The casting for the movie was racially insensitive. The actual acting was really not good, but what can you ask from actors given a terrible script? Awful writing, awful pacing, and awful storyline. It's a terrible adaptation that managed to make firebending useless (they needed an active fire source), earthbending useless (could barely move small rocks), and airbending unseeable (weird CGI choices for the airbending). It took everything good about the show (awesome bending, great characters, childlike-wonder of season 1) and shat all over it. Every scene felt like they watched season 1 but forgot the importance of each scene and what made the scene work. The earthbender prison (an episode that could have easily been cut from the movie) was not on an unbendable metal ship in the ocean; it was in a valley with tons of earth...

And they pronounced names wrong... Fake names that had been pronounced a thousand times in the show.

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
Here's a question I like to ask the people. :0

Bellossom or Vileplume??

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
Here's a question I like to ask the people. :0

Bellossom or Vileplume??
While Vileplume is respectable, Bellossom all the way. I still remember Bellossom coming out of the Pokeball in Brawl saying "Bellossom." Cute little *******.