Advertising the forums on Youtube

Anthrix

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
One of things I would have loved to have done all them years ago was to have a Youtube channel, but the limitations of technology back them meant it was kinda hard to record games on the DS.

I now, however, have a Capture Card, and it works really good for slower games, like Pokémon. So I'm hoping to record some battles, make some content and yeah, see what happens.

I planned to use it as a way to promote the forums; lets be fair, this is the place we've all called home for so long now, so I thought I'd try and give something back. While it won't be much, I thought linking to the forums and the website would be a good idea :). If people are happy with that, of course.

Content most likely will be super family friendly, pretty deep and serious commentary of my battles and my thought making process. Maybe some guides on breeding?

Probably will mention the forums at the beginning of each video, and have a card at the end. And obviously links in the description!

Its mostly an idea at this stage, but its nice to aim for something in these challenging times :D.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
I mean, I'm only a newbie here, but this sounds like a great idea! Marriland YouTube videos is how I came to know about the forums in the first place, and I feel like it would be a great step in the direction in making Marriland into the bustling community it was back when I was 15

[Also, already looking forward to your battle videos!!!]

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Sounds like a nifty idea. I know we've tried doing this in the past but that never really materialized the way people had hoped.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
One of things I would have loved to have done all them years ago was to have a Youtube channel, but the limitations of technology back them meant it was kinda hard to record games on the DS.

I now, however, have a Capture Card, and it works really good for slower games, like Pokémon. So I'm hoping to record some battles, make some content and yeah, see what happens.

I planned to use it as a way to promote the forums; lets be fair, this is the place we've all called home for so long now, so I thought I'd try and give something back. While it won't be much, I thought linking to the forums and the website would be a good idea :). If people are happy with that, of course.

Content most likely will be super family friendly, pretty deep and serious commentary of my battles and my thought making process. Maybe some guides on breeding?

Probably will mention the forums at the beginning of each video, and have a card at the end. And obviously links in the description!

Its mostly an idea at this stage, but its nice to aim for something in these challenging times :D.
If you would be willing to do something like this, that would be great! As long as you're not encouraging people to misbehave or violate forum rules or what have you, but I'm sure you would never do that.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
That sounds awesome, man! When you start it up, link your channel. I'd love to see your stuff.
And forget what Ben said.
Encourage debauchery and rudeness! MWUHAHAHA!!!