Randomizer ☼ An ULTRA Random Day! ☼ An UltraSun Randomizer Nuzlocke! (Update #4 Posted!!)

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
Ah, Pokemon Challenges. I always say that I'm going to do them and then I get two updates in and it goes downhill. Rip. Honestly, I feel like that might be because they've never tickled my fancy. There has always been one challenge that I absolutely adored the idea of: the Randomizer! So, here we go bois, buckle in!

Eevee's UltraSun Randomizer Nuzlocke!
Das Rules:
  1. Not really a rule, but do keep in mind this is a randomizer challenge, thus I did have to do a lil’ bit of breaking of my game/3DS. I apologize if you do not agree with my actions, but I’ve always wanted to try a randomizer challenge. :< That being said, everything you see here will play out as it's randomized. Level-up moves are randomized, wild encounters are randomized, trainers are randomized, static encounters (including starters) are randomized, and pickup items are randomized! Although I think I messed up somewhere and Pickup Items may not be, we'll have to see. It's my first time randomizing, be gentle senpai.
  2. Legendaries will be barred from being used from this challenge and if randomly encountered first in a route and they will not count as the first random encounter.
  3. The EXP share can only be used for grinding up low level Pokemon.
  4. No using healing items in battles. I can only heal in Pokemon Centers or if the game gives me one of those random times to heal.
  5. No using Pokemon Refresh either.
  6. Have fun! I’m hype honestly.
Nuzlocke Rules (faithfully copy-pasta’d from the main page):
  1. If your Pokemon faints, it has "died" and can no longer be used in battle. After a Pokemon "dies", you must either place them in the box permanently or release them. Revival items cannot be used to bring them back, and you can't reset your game either.
  2. You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area. This means that if you run into a Pikipek on Route 1, that is the only Pokemon you can catch for that route. If you aren't able to catch it, your encounter for that location is used up.
    • Bodies of water count as the route or town they're in. If you encounter a Magikarp by fishing on Route 204 and it's your first encounter for that route, you can't catch something from the grass or other areas on Route 204 anymore.
    • Trades and gift Pokemon count as encounters for the areas they happen in.
    • Encounters don’t start until I receive my first set of Pokeballs.
  3. You can only trade with other games to activate Trade Evolutions. This means that you can only use Pokemon you can actually catch/obtain in your game. In-game trades and gift Pokemon are up to your own judgement.
  4. You MUST nickname every Pokemon you catch! This makes the Pokemon more personal- which causes deaths to have an even bigger impact.
Clauses are in-effect!
  1. Dupes Clause: If your first encounter in an area is a Pokemon you have already caught, that encounter doesn't count. This also applies to Pokemon that belong to an evolutionary family you have already caught. This way you don't get a team full of Pidgeys or Bidoof. Honestly, I feel like with a randomizer, this rule gonna be heckin’ not in use at all, but still here just in case.
  2. Shiny Clause: If you encounter a Shiny Pokemon, you are allowed to catch it. You can choose to replace a Pokemon you already have with it, or just trade it to a different game if you don't want to use it in your challenge.
What if the game freezes? Because yours truly was a bad boi hackermon? :upsidedownazurill:
  1. When you resume your game, immediately release the Pokemon.
UPDATES
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4

Last edited:

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
O L D
UPDATE #1

• Started up my first ever Randomizer hype as can be.
  • My starter choices: Machop, Gible, and Chikorita. Interesting.
  • I went with Gible, thinking it would be a good middle ground. I named her Arya. Also, I love Gible so Imma lil bias.
  • Ran into my first wild Pokemon, a Deino, and learned that Arya knows Absorb and Judgement.
  • Judgment had no effect on Deino, I was confused and did not feel like dealing with a slow whittling battle. I fled from it. :upsidedownazurill:
  • Next ran into an Armaldo, killed it with some good ol' Judgments.
  • Hau picked "Rowlet," turns out to be a Marowak that knows Smog and Moonlight.
  • Very long and slow battle of throwing out many Judgments and Absorbs then having it healed all back up by Moonlight. :upsidedownazurill:
  • Ended up winning, but Arya was poisoned and by then end of it had 10hp.
  • Ran into Lillie, saved Nebby, the Spearow turned out to ironically be a Rowlet. Easy Judgments and a kill.
  • Healed up back at my house and have now learned to catch Pokemon/obtained my first Pokeballs!
  • Next time: the first random encounter. :)
I woke up fresh and early after arriving in the Alola Region. Mom’s Meowth was actually the one that woke me up, but that’s beside the point. I grabbed a bite to eat, threw on my hat and bag, and was out the door on my way to Iki Town. Last night before bed, I was remembering something that I’d read on the news. A strange breeze is blowing throughout Alola. Could it be? Is this that Random Breeze? I shrugged it off, never heard of such crazy stuff as in Kanto. Apparently, it caused the wildest encounters to happen with Pokemon. You’d encounter Pokemon atypical to the region or the zone and even with moves, they wouldn’t typically have! Even crazier is that Mythical Pokemon were even said to crop up! Ridiculous!

As I was about to step foot into the grass, a Yungoos leaped out at me. I jumped back, startled, but huffed at the idea of the Random Breeze again. Just then, a Litten, Popplio, and Rowlet jumped in front of me. Professor Kukui was not too far behind. As he and I were talking, he told me to pick a starter. I turned back to the starters and he told me to go ahead: Machop, Gible, or Chikorita. I turned to him as if he was crazy. I was clearly looking at a Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. He acted like I was the chicken with its head cut off. Shrugging, I picked up the furry Litten and smiled.
“Gible! A wonderful choice!” Professor Kukui, more like, Professor Cuckoo.

Or at least, that’s what I thought until he handed me the Pokeball and I called out my Pokemon. It was a Gible. I was beyond confused. What in the world?? Could this Random Breeze thing be a real thing? Nonetheless, I took Gible up in my arms and smiled, naming her: Arya.
I left Kukui after a few more pleasantries and headed towards Iki Town. I can tell you I definitely wasn’t expecting to run into a Deino on Route 1. Even more unexpected was the fact that my Gible knew Absorb and Judgement. I ended up running from the Deino, I wasn’t about to spend eight years of my life using a measly Absorb on a Deino because Judgement didn’t affect it. I wanted to check out Arya a little more and learned that her Ability was Rough Skin and she also came with a Mind Plate. Strange, but I’ll take it.
Continuing on my way, I thought that I could take a stab at some wilder Pokemon fighting. I ran into an Armaldo. This time, two Absorbs and a Judgement were enough to fight it off. Right after, I ran into the Professor again and a boy named Hau. He chose his Rowlet, but as I was quickly coming to realize: I was probably in for a shock. Indeed I was as he called out his Pokemon: Kanto form Marowak. Oh boy. He used Smog twice, I used Absorb and Judgement. Then he hit me with the Moonlight, almost healing to full. Ya gotta be kidding me. Another Judgement, another Moonlight. This is really fun, Random Breeze. His third Smog poisoned Arya and that was a bit worrisome. I got his Marowak into the red, but a Moonlight crushed all my dreams. Another Moonlight, another lost dream. On the bright side, Absorb was healing for exactly how much Poison damage was coming out. Also luckily was that Smog was only hitting for about 1hp per hit. I didn’t want to take any chances, so I got his health pretty low before hitting him with one of my last Judgements. Crossing my fingers he was out of Moonlight. It worked, bois. Arya did have only 10hp left by the end though, so I can’t say it wasn’t a little nerve-wracking at least. I heard another side effect of this Random Breeze was a “total knockout effect,” your Pokemon were unable to battle for the rest of the time as a trainer and had to spend their days lounging at the Pokemon Lab. Yikes!

After being introduced to Iki Town, I made my way to the ruins where I ran into Lillie. She healed my Pokemon then begged for me to save her Nebby. I ran forward, getting charged by a Spearow, though I had a feeling when I blinked it would be something entirely different. In fact: it was a Rowlet! Two Judgements made quick work of it and soon enough I was running across a rickety bridge to this strange Pokemon. Then, out of nowhere, the little devil blasted the bridge and suddenly Tapu Koko came rushing to our aid! He gifted me a strange, glowing stone and flew off. Pretty legit if you ask me.
Some more pleasantries and I was soon back home, telling mom about all this proof of the Random Breeze in Alola. She told me she wasn’t surprised and mentioned that a bunch of other stuff was quite strange too and to keep a lookout according to the news. Apparently, once I was able to use Pokeballs, then I could only catch the first Pokemon I encounter on a new route - or it’s nothing!

Speaking of which, Professor Kukui showed up in the morning to teach me how to catch Pokemon and then was on his way: leaving me with Pokeballs of my own. Guess that means the real challenge begins now? Guess I’ll see what I can do and head off to that Iki Town festival!

Gible ♀
Arya
Level 6
Ability: Rough Skin
Holding: Mind Plate

Met at Level 5 on Route 1 on 11/28/2018
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Good perseverance

Absorb
Judgment
Pretty neat so far, I'm liking it. I feel like I should have opened it up perhaps for my fans readers fellow Marrilanders to vote on my starter, but I was too hype to start. I felt like Gible could be a nice midway point and Chikorita seemed too meh and not unusual enough. I wasn't sure if Hau was going to have one of the options that I saw, but in fact, he did not. I'm wondering if it's just going to consistently change throughout. I'm also hella confused why Judgment didn't hit the random Deino I encountered?? I think it must have been an ability of some sort. It was funny to see Rowlet randomly generated as one of the Spearows.
What a wild ride of encountering wild Pokemin: Deino, Rowlet, and Armaldo! Since Legendaries are included in random encounters (both wild and Trainer), when do you guys think that I'll first encounter a randomized Legendary? Trainer battle? Wild battle on Route 3? Lemme know what you think! :)

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Oh, wow, you really do the randomizer. \^_^/

About the very first random Deino you fled from, I'd say that Mind Plate was the one which made Deino totally shrugged your Judgment because the plate turns it into a psychic-type Judgment. Don't believe me? Just go ask Arceus. Seriously.

About the QOTD, I don't even think I can answer that, sorry. :pensiveazurill:

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@sanianisa oh mah gaaaawddd, you right. I didn't even consider the Mind Plate turning Judgement into a Psychic move LOL
Guess I never play with an Arceus in my team enough :upsidedownazurill: also, I was perhaps a bit tired since it was like 1am >.> #yolo

O L D
UPDATE #2:

• Went ahead and ran into a Mega Audino. Almost caught it, but remembered that technically Gible counted for Route 1.
  • First trainer was Professor Audrey with a Zapdos. Noice, noice.
  • The next trainer had a frickin' Zeraora and then I ran into a wild Zeraora. w0w.
  • Turns out I somehow didn't randomize pick-up items so I in-fact was picking up normal items.
  • Went and killed the trainers at the Trainer's School. Nothing too noteworthy other than the fact Gible almost died.
  • Got to Hau'oli City, new zone, ran into a Psyduck...
  • Caught it then continued on my way.
  • Went into battle with the Team Skull Grunt that apparently was actually a Pokemon Center Lady Grunt.
  • Turns out, it's lv. 9 Amonguss was an almost wiper. Mud Shot did more than half of Olly's hp.
  • Flipped into Arya who was instantly KO'd by Ice Fang. I preemptively cri inside.
  • Back into Olly who goes down with another Mud Shot.
  • Guess this means it's time to restart the game??? :upsidedownazurill::upsidedownazurill::upsidedownazurill:
I couldn’t help myself, the moment the Professor Kukui left me to my own devices I was in that tall grass! I crossed my fingers that I wouldn’t run into a Deino. Oh boy, was I surprised? I ran into a Mega Audino just straight chillin’! I weakened it with three Judgements then wanted to catch it. But, my Pokeball won't work. I was confused as could be until I realized: Gible was technically a Route 1 Pokmeon! Ugh, I guess this whole one Pokemon per route thing was real. I healed up at my house and then made my way towards Iki Town.

I ran into my first trainer, Professor Audrey, and she sent out a Talonflame. Two Thunders from Arya and we were good to continue. I then ran into Sylveon User Jimmy who sent out a Zapdos???? I looked at this kid like he was crazy. One hit of Rough Skin, a hit of Thunder, and another hit of Rough Skin then the bird was down.
Next, I played with a Rockruff then ran into Veteran Oliver who sent out a freakin’ Zeraora. I made quick work of it with Judgments. As I was approaching Iki Town, I ran into some strange looking dudes. I grabbed an Item I saw glistening in the corner of my eye and headed up the steps to town. But not before running into a Zeraora in the wild. Kahuna Hala healed my Pokemon and then it was off to a battle against Hau! He sent out a Charjabug and I led with Arya. He then switched into an Emolga that actually did some gnarly damage with Tackle, but Judgment made quick work of it.

The next morning, Lillie was there. We headed off towards the Pokemon Lab after my mom gave me some cash. Professor Kukui updated my Pokedex with a Rotom. On my way to the Pokemon Center, I ran into Vaporeon User Kevin who sent out a Duosion. I made it to the Pokemon Center, healed up, then went to the Trainer’s School. I learned that I’d have to defeat four trainers so it began and I fought against Honeymooners Joey first with his Sandile. Then I fought Trial Guide Hiromi with her Inkay. It was a little rough as the Inkay got Arya down to 10hp, but we managed and I healed up. Next up was Worker Mia and her Tangrowth. Lastly, I fought against Youngster Joey and his Skuntank. I used Thunder which paralyzed the Skuntank, but its Bite was NASTY. Rough Skin was doing work but another Bite and then Arya flinched. My heart was beating fast, Arya was in the yellow. I crossed my finger and used Thunder again. Bite again, 3hp. Thunder hits with Rough Skin too: a kill. I ‘bout peed myself.

I got called to the office so I rushed up after Lillie healed my Pokemon. It was Preschooler Emily: ready to fight with her Blaziken. Big YIKES. Finally, the Mind Plate Judgment came in handy and with a combo of Arya’s Rough Skin and two Judgments: Blaziken was over. I did end up taking off the Mind Plate just because it has been more of a detriment than not. As I crossed into the city, Rotom perked up. “Hey, you’re in a new place! You could catch a Pokemon.” I looked at Rotom then grinned. He was right! And boy, I definitely needed another.

And… a Psyduck. I tried not to be disappointed, but seriously? Not all that exciting. Nonetheless, two Absorbs and he was soon mine. I named him Olly. Slightly interesting moves, I was pretty excited about the Psywave. Other than that, I wasn’t too blown away.

I headed towards the Pokemon Center, stopping by the apparel shop and buying a new tank top. I made my way towards Hau but we quickly got interrupted by Team Skull and I engaged in battle with... Pokemon Center Lady Grunt and her Amoonguss. I led with Olly but quickly switched into Arya when I realized that Olly couldn’t take another hit. Then… the worst thing imaginable. Ice Fang. It destroyed poor Arya in one hit. I winced. I knew where this was headed. Mud Shot and Olly was gone too. I blacked out, returning to the Pokemon Center. Fearing the worst, I tried to click open my Pokeballs. Nothing. I sighed in defeat and sadness and began the long walk home.

Literally they dead af.

Gible ♀
Arya
Level 12
Holding: -

Absorb
Judgment
Thunder
~~~~~~~~~~

Psyduck ♂
Olly
Level 6
Ability: Cloud Nine

Met at Level 6 in Hau'oli City on 11/29/2018
Nature: Quiet
Characterisitc: Proud of its power

Lick
Psywave
Fairy Lock
looooool, random Mega Audino is solid. Also, Zeraora, SHWEET. Even though I can't catch it, still cool to see. And LOL at the first trainer having a legendary after the QOTD. Thought Zapdos was gonna be harder, but it was pretty meh. COMPARED TO THE GASH DANG AMONGUSS. It freaking wiped my team. Guess I gotta restart and that's a MEGA RIP.
WHELP. What do y'all think? Restart the game completely or should I go back and re-capture a Pokemon on Route 1 and Hau'oli City? I think the proper thing is that you restart entirely, but lemme know!

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Poor Olly, he didn't deserve such a short adventure. :cryingazurill:

About the QOTD, restarting should be the best option after a game over like this, especially if it weren't a randomizer. I mean, what's the point of recapture if done midway?

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@sanianisa Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I also ended up each time re-randomizing to stick true to the Randomizer name. It was TOUGH. As I've outlined below lul.

O L D
UPDATE #3

• First of all: MEGA RIP all around.
  • Second of all, took so long for this update because I had to restart so many times. My randomizer RNG was so bad that I ended up getting Hau's first Pokemon as a Mega multiple times. :upsidedownazurill:
  • I've never been so persistent on something gosh darn it.
  • Midway through the story spoiler, you'll see all the Pokemon that I had picked and their deaths. It was 7 Pokemon. :upsidedownazurill:
  • I really thought I had broken the streak with Budew, but a random trainer with a random chance at Frozen with Powder Snow absolutely decimated us. I was saddened cause I do love the Budew line (and I named her Olenna, I love Olenna).
  • I finally got caught back up the story where my first attempt ended with a Fennekin I named Rhaego. I also have a Ferroseed now named Margaery.
  • I had a few close calls, but nothing super spectacular or noteworthy.
  • I'm finally seeing some random shinies on Trainers since I believe the Randomizer increased shiny chance. lul
  • FEELSGOODMAN to finally be back and caught up.
  • It was a little bit yikes fighting Captain Ilima right after the Grunt, but not too bad since he heals your Pokemon. His Volcarona used Water Gun on Rhaego which was a little less than half hp and Margaery was left with 1hp from a Grubbin fight.
  • I feel over-leveled a lil on Rhaego, but after all the restarts I'm a lil bit yolo too. I don't plan on training him at all and if new Pokemon come in, grinding their levels on wild Pokemon without exp share if need be. Although, Trainers are having hefty xp Pokemon so I'm not sure it's necessary.
When I woke up the next morning, I felt like I was hit with the craziest feeling of deja vu. It was EXACTLY like when I first woke up after moving to Alola! Even my mom was talking like she did that day before! Was this a do-over? I tried bringing it up to my mom, but she just giggled and said I must be going as crazy as the Random Breeze! Well, if Arceus wants it, then so be it! I won’t mess up this time! I made it back to where I would run into Professor Kukui and got right down to business. Picking randomly this time, I ended up with a Bulbasaur. Huh, it’s like I’m back in the Kanto region. I named him Jon.
:thonkazurill::thonkazurill::thonkazurill:
Right away, we ran into a Miltank. After what just happened, I really didn’t want to take any chances. However, Miltank wouldn’t let us run away and instead, with a combination of Leech Life and Pay Day, defeated Jon. With a big sigh, I scurried home to pout the day away and find a way to explain this crazy adventure to my mom.

JUST KIDDING. I woke up the next day with a groan as Meowth yowled in my ear. I threw on my clothes and hat then made my way down stairs. My mom was waiting for me and peculiarly, she said the same words as the previous two days. Wait a minute. Was I stuck in a loop? Until I got this right?? Oh boy. I quickly left my mom and headed towards Route 1.

I was right. Professor Kukui showed back up and I got right down to business. I closed my eyes, let fate decide, and ended up with my newest partner: Sansa the Abra! I took a deep breath and entered the grass to face my first opponent: Victini. W0w. Now, things might have gone a little better if poor Sansa didn’t only know Peck and Victini’s Psychic didn’t immediately confuse the poor girl. But, I once again made the trudge home.

As expected, I was back in time or back to the loop? I don’t know. This time I picked Scatterbug and I named her Brienne. I sulked back into the grass, but to my surprise, we won! It was only a Sentret and after checking out Brienne’s stats, I was a little more hopeful. Of course, my next challenge was Hau and I crossed my fingers that the Torchic he sent out didn’t have a STAB move. No STAB move, but Leech Life. Which completely negated any damage I did oh - and not to mention KO my poor Brienne the Scatterbug in three hits. Well, the third hit was a Rock Tomb just for some extra powerful super effective move to really drive the point home.

-----

THE FALLEN SOLDIERS OF THE RESTART

Gregor the Lillipup - defeated a wild Articuno and Mewtwo - died to Hau’s Gabite
Knew Accelerock, Lick, and Air Cutter

Missandei the Wurmple - Thundershock, Mega Drain, and Psychic Fangs
Ran away from a close call with wild Resolute Form Keldeo - died to Hau’s Gengar when it Mega Evolved, used Geomancy, and Mimic’d Thunder Shock

Catelyn the Gastly - Quick Attack, Forest’s Curse, Astonish, and Assist
Killed a wild Mew, Empoleon, and Kecleon - died to Hau’s Blastoise when it Mega Evolved and used Heart Stamp then Psybeam

Grey Worm the Totodile - Ember, Calm Mind, Echoed Voice, and Toxic
Killed a wild Articuno, Igglybuffx2, Drowzee, and Chespinx2 - died to Hau’s Mega Ampharos

Cersei the Dratini - Lick, Curse, and Constrict
Killed a wild Mew and Chespin - died to Hau’s Mega Alakazam’s Fairy Wind

Drogon the Litten - Thundershock, Simple Beam, and Torment
Died to Hau’s Scraggy

Olenna the Budew - Absorb, Sand Tomb, and Night Slash
Killed a wild Nihilego, Pikipek, Panpourx2, Cressila, and Plusle AND KILLED HAU’S MEGA SWAMPERT - killed a Trainer’s Regigis and wild Shaymin - died to a Trainer’s Flygon Powder Snow after getting Frozen

-----

Rhaego the Fennekin - Ember, Peck, Mega Drain
Killed Hau’s Parasect, a wild Bisharp, a trainer’s Empoleon, a trainer’s Forretress, Hau’s Victreebel, and Hau’s Pangoro

I really thought I had something going with Budew and to have her die was pretty heartbreaking. Nonetheless, I quickly grew confidence with Rhaego. Nothing too exciting happened during my catch-up journey. The teacher at the Trainer’s School had a Poliwrath that knew Water Gun and at one point due to a misclick, I used Rock Tomb and not Mega Drain. I was left with 2hp. Other than that, Rhaego was pretty set with anything that faced him. When we finally reached Hau’oli City, I ran straight to the grass to pick myself up a new Pokemon for my team. I ended up running into a Ferroseed that I named Margaery.

After healing them up, I made my way to the Team Skull grunts and held my breath as I engaged in battle with the Trial Guide Grunt and his shiny Uxie. After two Howls and two Thief moves left Margaery at 8hp, I switched into Rhaego and he finished the job! We beat him - and Rhaego evolved!

Right after, Captain Ilima challenged me to a battle. I was living off the adrenaline after finally getting through the rough part of my journey thus far and was a little worried about this battle - something new (finally). His first Pokemon was a Grubbin and I sent out Margaery. I switched her out as she got low but a Pursuit left Margaery with 1hp. I was clenched. His next Pokemon, Volcarona came out with a Water Gun and I ‘bout peed. Luckily, Rhaego tanked it and finished it quickly with a Rock Tomb.

After all that craziness, I decided to rest up at the Pokemon Center before going on with my adventures.

Braixen ♂
Rhaego
Level 17
Ability: Blaze

Met at Level 5 on Route 1 on 12/1/2018
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Scatters things often

Ember
Rock Tomb
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf
~~~~~~~~~~

Ferroseed ♀
Margaery
Level 12
Ability: Iron Barbs

Met at Level 9 in Hau'oli City on 12/3/2018
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Good Endurance

Absorb
Glaciate
Slash
Happy Hour

Gible ♀
Arya
Level 12

Absorb
Judgment
Thunder
~~~~~~~~~~

Psyduck ♂
Olly
Level 6

Lick
Psywave
Fairy Lock
~~~~~~~~~~
THIS SECTION IS DEDICATED TO THE FALLEN SOLDIERS OF MANY RESTARTS OF THE NUZLOCKE
THEIR PROFILES ARE NOT FILLED OUT BECAUSE OF THEIR LAZY TRAINER THAT DIDN'T KEEP TABS
I STILL MISS THEM THOUGH. :'C

Gregor the Lillipup ♂

Missandei the Wurmple ♀

Catelyn the Gastly ♀

Grey Worm the Totodile ♂

Cersei the Dratini ♀

Drogon the Litten ♂

Olenna the Budew ♀
~~~~~~~~~~
I think I may end up just getting rid of this My Thoughts section cause it's pretty much included in the little bullet point updates. :coolazurill:
Oof, what a way to (re)start this Nuzlocke! Heckin' deaths. I think part of the roughness of Nuzlocking US/UM is that you can't catch a Pokemon until pretty late in the early game and there's a lot leading up to it. So, have you guys ever had a super rough patch in a Nuzlocke? If so, what was it?

Last edited:

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
O L D
UPDATE #4

• Caught a new member of the team: Theon the Sawk!
  • Ran into a Gible! (#memories) in Hau'oli Cemetary, but sadly KO'd it. Was gonna name him Aryo in memory of our OG gurl. :'c
  • Super annoying 20-minute basically battle with a Speed Boost Blaziken that knew Slack Off.
  • Some more Legendary encounters: a Tapu Fini and Reshiram both owned by Trainers. Also a wild Cosmog, but not as exciting.
  • Trial Pokemon were easily dealt with: a Klefki, Pignite, and Croconaw.
  • Suddenly! Totem Raikou!
  • I thought things were gonna be smooth, but Skuntank was the ally Pokemon and it trapped Margaery in a Sand Tomb.
  • I forgot Sand Tomb trapped and, at 7hp, Margaery was gonna go down.
  • She went out valiantly, but she passed on. RIP MARGAERY.
  • Rhaego finished the bois, tanking Sand Tombs like a boss and being left with 14hp.
I headed onwards to my first trial, getting stopped by Lillie on the way. I was also stopped by Kahuna Hala and Tauros, but a quick pat on Tauros’ head and the two went on their way.

I headed into the route, ready to catch a new Pokemon. I ran straight into the grass, attempting to be hit by the rustling blob. However, a Sawk intercepted me. I almost forgot that I only had one Pokemon catch attempt, but I remembered just in time. Iron Barbs almost took out Sawk, but I swapped into Rhaego just in time. Three Pokeballs later, I went for Great Balls and on the second one: I had a new team member! Theon the Sawk. I was hit by the mysterious blob which turned out to be a wild Cosmog! Up next was a trainer: Lass Krsytal and her Staravia. One quick Glaciate and Slash then the bird was over. Although Margaery’s health was hit in the red which was a tad bit nerve wracking.

I realized that I had another chance to capture a Pokemon in Hau’oli Cemetary. I fought the trainers then ran into the grass. There, in the grass against me, a Gible! I HAD to have him. But, I killed him. I smacked my face right into my palm. I sighed, grabbing TM100 Confide then headed back to the main route.

One annoying battle was against a Trainer’s Blaziken with Slack Off and Speed Boost. That battle had to have lasted at least 20 minutes. Soon enough, a Crabrawler stopped me and I was on my way to the beach and motel. I had a scary battle there with a Maraenie that knew Ember on Margaery. I quickly switched out into Rhaego as all of Theon’s moves were out of PP. That dang Blaziken battle.

As I was about to leave the beach, Team Skull showed up. I rolled my eyes and quickly got into battle with one of their Ariados. Theon made quick work of the bug and I was on my way again. I ran into a Trainer with a Tapu Fini but even that was no match for Theon. I also ran into a Trainer’s Reshiram, but that too was no match for Theon.

I healed up my Pokemon and headed to the Verdant Cavern. My first trial challenge was a Klefki. Easy. Next up: Pignite. Theon was poisoned, but other than that, easy. I swapped Margaery into his place and carried on my way. I was busy chasing the third when the Team Skull grunts showed up, ruining my jam. I defeated his Ledyba with two quick Glaciates. They ran off, but not before coming right back and helping me catch the third Pokemon? Strange, but I’ll take it. Trial Pokemon number three: Croconaw. It took a couple of Absorbs and couple of Slashes, but the crocodile Pokemon was down. I also found TM31 Brick Break - Theon was definitely getting that.

Continuing onward, I grabbed the Z-Crystal waiting at the end. However, I was attacked by the Totem Pokemon: Raikou!

Oh geez. It went for the Tackle, not doing too much and I think Iron Barbs did even more. I went for Slash, chunking it pretty well. Raikou called in its ally Pokemon: Skuntank. I have my fingers crossed that there are no Fire moves in play. I hit both of them with a Glaciate which does absolutely nothing. Skuntank had used Sand Tomb which was honestly wrecking Margaery pretty hard. When she was left at 7hp, I tried swapping to Rhaego, but I was hit with the realization. I can’t swap out. THIS WAS IT FOR MARGAERY. I groaned internally. Do I try and go for another Absorb even though the last time it only healed for 1hp? Or do I go for Slash and have Margaery go out with a bang? I went with Slash on Raikou. Tackle hit, leaving Raikou with low hp after Iron Barbs and Margaery sadly went down with the reoccuring hit of Sand Tomb after surviving with 1hp from another Sand Tomb from Skuntank. Now I had a decision. Theon was poisoned at 31hp and Rhaego was full health. However, Ground is powerful against Fire. I bit my lip and called out Rhaego. I used Rock Tomb on Skuntank, hoping for a miracle, but it only was halved. Sand Tomb did about 14hp total with its recurring hit too. I used Ember on the Raikou, taking it down and focusing on the Skuntank. Its Sand Tomb missed, there’s a miracle. I used Rock Tomb once more, leaving Skuntank in the red. I groaned as Sand Tomb hit again, but was able to take out the Skuntank with an Ember. Rhaego was left with 14hp.

Now that I was able to catch Pokemon in this cave, I headed back into Verdant Cavern. I ran into a Magneton. I misclicked and hit Brick Break instead of Assurance while using Theon. It insta-died. I was sad. No Pokemon from the cavern for me! Ilima cleared the barricades for me as I sulked out of the cavern and Kukui was there as well. He demonstrated using a Z-Move for me and then headed off. I decided to take a break before helping him with the search and found a comfy seat in the Pokemon Center.

Braixen ♂
Rhaego
Level 19
Ability: Blaze

Met at Level 5 on Route 1 on 12/1/2018
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Scatters things often

Ember
Rock Tomb
Zen Headbutt
Razor Leaf
~~~~~~~~~~

Sawk ♂
Theon
Level 15
Ability: Sturdy

Met at Level 9 on Route 2 on 12/10/2018
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Highly curious

Assurance
Brick Break
Soft-Boiled
Smelling Salts

Gible ♀
Arya
Level 12

Absorb
Judgment
Thunder
~~~~~~~~~~

Psyduck ♂
Olly
Level 6

Lick
Psywave
Fairy Lock
~~~~~~~~~~
THIS SECTION IS DEDICATED TO THE FALLEN SOLDIERS OF MANY RESTARTS OF THE NUZLOCKE
THEIR PROFILES ARE NOT FILLED OUT BECAUSE OF THEIR LAZY TRAINER THAT DIDN'T KEEP TABS
I STILL MISS THEM THOUGH. :'C

Gregor the Lillipup ♂

Missandei the Wurmple ♀

Catelyn the Gastly ♀

Grey Worm the Totodile ♂

Cersei the Dratini ♀

Drogon the Litten ♂

Olenna the Budew ♀
~~~~~~~~~~

Ferroseed ♀
Margaery
Level 15
Ability: Iron Barbs

Met at Level 9 in Hau'oli City on 12/3/2018
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Good Endurance

Absorb
Glaciate
Slash
Happy Hour
I always forget that Steel Pokemon are pretty badarse. Are you a fan of Steel Pokemon? What's your favorite Steel Pokemon?

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
First trial: Raikou of all things. Tough luck, indeed :sadazurill:

About the Steel type Pokemon, well, I neither love nor hate them. And as for my favorite, it has to be :cobalion:, but if legendaries don't count, I'll roll by :magnezone: instead.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Steel's my favourite type, AWL the resistances, and I'd say Empoleon's my favourite Pokemon of the type.

And dang randomizers are wild. Although speaking of resistances: I note the type chart is not randomised. Shame.

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@Pendraflare I know, many death, much rip. Although, I think one rule people play by is that deaths don't count until you get Pokeballs. So I could have played by that in the beginning and lessened the deaths. RIP Also, I like Aggron too, mainly cause I think the line is cute. Not sure if that counts tho. :thonkazurill:

@sanianisa Cobalion 100% counts. <3 He so majestic. Magnezone, interesting choice tho, I honestly don't think I've ever used that line.

@icelandic a c c u r a t e
Also, I was considering randomizing the type chart, but I decided to keep it relatively bare bones for my first Randomizer run. If I do another, however, I'm DEFINITELY considering it. And randomizing Pokemon types.

Reactions: SAF

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Yikes this was hard to read, but also entertaining at the same time. Apparently anything with a 4* weakness is destined to not live (RIP Arya and Margaery) even if the super effective move doesn't do em in. Have fun with the run! And may the force of not resetting again, be with you.

QOTD: Easily Bisharp. It's just so awesome looking design wise and the dark typing is a nice addition

Reactions: SAF

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Time Zone
EST
So, t u f f news, I tried a bunch to save my Randomizer. However, it appears that it wants to keep crashing (I moved the Game Directory so I think that may have something to do with it) and thus, I think the only way to fix it is to restart the whole thing again. :upsidedownazurill::upsidedownazurill::upsidedownazurill:

I think my plan is to just restart it fresh, keeping my same rules n stuff, in this thread and "archiving" the old updates.

JK, I was able to fix it, but I had to re-randomize everything so the routes we've already been through are no longer the same.

Last edited: