Animal Crossing 🍃🍎

Klave

big sleep
Staff Emeritus
hey all I really miss animal crossing can we talk about it pls who else has played an animal crossing game before?

I played Wild World on DS first, and found it cool. Also played the Wii version a while later but not as much. I played a fair amount between them but I don't think I ever did much except had fun tbh
The problem with those was I had to share a house with my siblings so they kept selling all my furniture, in the end I think we compromised on having one room each in the house? uh but it didn't end well because arguments meant my younger bro deleted everyone's accounts lmao

When AC came out on 3DS I wasn't thinking of getting it but there was a promotion type thing and i got it as a free download. and damn New Leaf was the jam, I loved it so much. I played a bunch in 2013, a bit in 2014 and then like madness in 2015. Like we're talking 500+ hours in 2015. New Leaf is my most played game ever, surpassing Fire Red of my childhood years haha

It's just so GREAT !!
I paid off the bills of my house and did a lot but my time skyrocketed when I decided to put paths into my town and landscape with all the hybrid flowers. Also I completed the fish, bug and fossil encyclopedias and museum 🤗 I was like one diving creature away but it only spawned in winter months and by then I was in uni

One day I went on it after so long but the worst happened :( my fav Agent S moved out :(( Since then I haven't really touched the game for 3 reasons: fear of my other faves moving out, because I don't really go on my 3ds anymore and also because I've done so much on the game there's not much to do now

I really want a Switch for AC switch!! hope it's even better than new leaf

AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I love Animal Crossing so much. I can not wait until Animal Crossing Switch, I played so much out of Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf that having one for Switch, which many of my friends have now, will be awesome.

I especially played a ton of Wild World back in the day when the Nsider forums were still a thing. I was really good at making patterns and I opened up a shop that people could request me to make patterns for them that had over 200+ pages of replies. It was a blast but unfortunately once Nsider was closed down I kinda lost my passion for pattern making and really slumped and lost my skill. I also played a lot of City Folk and New Leaf, but Wild World was definitely when I was the most passionate about the game.

I can't wait for the Switch version cause I'm heavily considering getting back into patterns.

Coldnx

Ice-Type Enthusiast and Jynx's 1# Fan
AKA
Icey
I didn't buy a Nintendo Switch until Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee came out because I was waiting for either a Pokemon game or an Animal Crossing game so when the Switch's 1st Pokemon game came out I finally jumped at the opportunity. But as for Animal Crossing it would appear that there's going to be an announcement regarding the series that was put out by Nintendo back in December I believe. (If you haven't heard of it search: "Animal Crossing 2019".

I still play ACNL because I think regardless of how old it gets, the game ages well and is a good way to kill 30mins with the daily activities that it provides. The whole "villagers suddenly moving out" thing can be scary, but if you're really serious about Animal Crossing it should be the least of your worries. If one day you're busy, you can rush through the activities and see if there's any villagers wanting to move out in 10mins flat, which almost anyone at a certain point of the day has 10mins for themselves.

icelandic

Regular Trainer
I played, and enjoyed, Wild World and New Leaf quite a lot. I stopped when I realised the absurdity of decorating and gardening in a videogame while in real life my house is run-down and my garden's a jungle!

My garden's still a jungle though...

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got New Leaf as a birthday gift three years ago and I loved it ever since. It’s such a therapeutic game. Being able to play with my friends has also given an incentive to better my town. Thinking about what the new game will be like is super exciting. What can they do on the more powerful hardware?

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
i love animal crossing so much!!!!! wild world was my first too! new leaf was AWESOME and i am still playing it on and off to this day (though i did reset summer last year cuz i caught all the bugs and fish and payed off my house n stuff and wanted a new mayor)!!! i CANNOT wait for ac2019 i'm saving my christmas money for when it comes out this year, i just hope we don't have to wait til the end of the year for it :(

do any of you have wishes for ac2019? personally i REALLY want the ability to send letters to my friends over the internet without visiting their town. apparently you could do this in city folk but i never had a wii so i never got to experience this D: i don't know why they would take it out!! i'd also really like if they did an everyone-is-here thing like smash and bring back every villager EVER but i think that's a bit of a pipe dream since there might be complications with bringing back stuff like sanrio villagers (you will be missed etoile...). whatever happens if pietro is in the game i will be happy :P

also on that note please let amiibo cards still work...... PLEASE........

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
AKA
Michelle
Am absolutely addicted to animal crossing, I spent entire days playing the game in November and December when I had nothing else to do. I played animal crossing wild world quite a long time ago, and I liked it a lot until I got bored of it. But then I picked up acnl recently and I made so much progress already, my town is super pretty because of all the decorating I've been doing.

I can't wait for ac for the switch!! I really hope we get more pattern slots, even though 40 seems a lot it can be tedious switching back and forth characters to decorate your town and also it leaves me no room for any outfits. I just also want a bigger town and bigger city to explore and more things to do in general.

~Kilza~

A Hockey Boy
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Animal Crossing has been a fun little journey for me. I loved the first AC. It was pretty mind blowing for 8 year old me and I played it a bunch. The second AC (Wild World) was really fun as well, poured a lot of hours into it, although I couldn't connect to the internet so rip being able to do stuff like fully upgrade Nook's shop. But still, I loved it, and it's very memorable for me. I only played the 3rd one (City Folk) that came out on the Wii once, just could not get into it. Then New Leaf was pretty fun. Looking at my 3DS activity logs, it's first for most play time with 169 hours (second is Pokemon Y with just 74, lol), despite the fact I haven't touched it since August 2015. It was also really cool to play with other people for like a month!!

For me, ranking them in order, I'd go WW > NL > AC > CF.

Animal Crossing on the Switch will definitely be interesting. I've felt it's worked better as a portable game than a console game, so it'll be interesting to see which direction Nintendo decides to take it in. Definitely excited to play it, though!

Deva

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
EST (UTC -05:00)
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Played the original. Enjoyed it a lot. Felt very alive between events, seasons, letters, and the like. Looked forward to finding something new every day. May have completed the museum. Benefitted from having someone else's town to interact with also.

Experienced Wild World too. Bore too many similarities. Lacked someone else to play with this time around. Grew tired of interacting with same-ish villagers. Acted the same way as the previous game. Cropped up again in City Folk. Added a city...full of services mostly available before. Compares it to downloadable content more than its own game.

Liked New Leaf a bit more. Provided a new goal through buildings. Cashed in on bugs, rather than turnips. Added a new layer of rating with the house exterior. Disliked diving. As for the rest of the game? Still boiled down to daily quests and maintenence (much like Pocket Camp). Did that before.

Hopes for big changes to the Switch version. Wants to play a new game, not the Gamecube version with additional content. Cannot articulate what that fully entails, unfortunately. Perhaps less of a danger of villagers moving away? Maybe different collectibles than fish and insects? Deeper villager interactions? A very different landscape? Deeper town appeal mechanics? More rewards for popular patterns? Asks for a new major goal, really. Would hate to have "beaten the game" before playing it, essentially.

BreeZaps

The Lightning Star
AKA
Bree
I first played Animal crossing on my 3DS. I loved that it was my own little world with my own friends. It felt right to me.

AKA
Athena, Thena
Time Zone
PST
I have New Leaf, and it's the cutest little game. I loved just plopping you in the world where nobody had to sav the world and the biggest catastrophe was a villager moving. I'll definitely enjoy it when the Switch version arrives.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I used to own New Leaf and played through that game a lot. It was relaxing and adorable. I really need to play these games more often.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just figured out how to add paths to my town. The process of putting them down one by one is tedious, but I think it will make my town look much better.