Around the World UnGenlocke!

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Hello all! I have been playing a new idea called the UnGenlocke. It’s like a Generation Locke because you play through each region. This is a bit of a twist in the opposite direction. The main difference in the UnGenlocke is I cannot use any Pokémon taken into any previous run’s Elite 4. You must take in 6 Pokémon as well(as long as you have enough left). Those 6 Pokémon are added to the ban list for every remaining game to never be used again. The Around the World part is because I will be doing every single Pokémon game through gen 6, not just one game of each region. I have actually already completed Pokémon Blue and Red. I’m currently starting yellow and wanted to start documenting this because it’s so much fun. I will post the rules below and then start Yellow!

Rules:
  1. If a Pokémon faints it is dead.
  2. Must capture first Pokémon on each route(unless it’s dupes/species or its on the banned list from previous runs).
  3. Must nickname all Pokémon.
  4. Must take 6 Pokémon into the Elite 4.
  5. The 6 Pokémon taken into the Elite 4, whether they survive or not, are banned from every run after. Species included.
  6. No legendaries.
  7. Level cap- max 3 lvls above gym leaders highest Mon.
Here are the Pokémon on my Ban List from Blue and Red:
Blue:
Blastoise
Ninetails
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Machoke
Fearow

Red:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow Run Start!

Got Pikachu and named it O.G. Caught pidgey on the route below Viridian. Went north and caught nidoran male. It was the only option as the others were banned/dupes. Got mankey west of Viridian. Only option left there as well. Killed my Viridian forest encounter. Whoops. My options for Brock are nidoran or mankey. I’m actually gonna go for nidoran this run as nidoking will help the team more in the long run. Defeated Brock with nidorans double kick. Thank god they added that in yellow. Went east and caught a sandshrew. Only option there. It’s perfect that’s what I wanted anyway. Caught zubat in mt moon. I don’t want to use this. No crobat gen 1. I’ll get more use in later gens. Got through mount moon. All banned/dupes west of cerulean so no encounter there. Defeated the rival no problem and went north of the bridge and grabbed the charmander. So here’s the thing. Yes charizard is amazing. But I’m gonna try to save him for fire red or leaf green as I’ve used the other two starters already. I’ll only use him if I have no other choice. Caught an oddish in the nearby route. Prolly won’t use this in this run but you never know. Might end up needing to. I’m waiting for three more specific mons later to complete my 6. No spoilers you will find out later:). Defeated misty. Lost zubat in the fight as I needed a switch out to heal. Death fodder status. Was never using him anyway. I’ll see u in the future bud. Got Dig and taught to sandshrew. Caught jigglypuff south of cerulean. Not a bad backup option should things go wrong. Got to Vermillion. No deaths besides fodder Zubat so far.
Team:
:pikachu: O.G. Lvl 23
Thundershock
Thunder wave
Mega punch
Double team

:nidoking: King Lvl 21
Water gun
Horn attack
Poison sting
Double kick

:sandshrew: Pine Lvl 20
Scratch
Sand Attack
Slash
Dig

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Went east of Vermilion for my next encounter. Got me a good ole drowzee. This is one of the 3 remaining Pokémon I wanted to fill out the squad that I talked about in the last post. The most terrifying part of the gen 1 games is dealing with your rivals alakazam. It tends to wreck lives with no remorse. So it’s good to have a plan to deal with it. Hypno is one of my checks for Alakazam. He walls him as he can take his psychics and can deal damage physically, Alakazams weak spot. You will see another mon I plan to have as an extra check for alakazam later. Anyway Hip Yes is on the squad.

No encounter for diglet cave as diglet is a banned mon. Evolved sandshrew to sandslah. SS Anne no problem. Beat Lt Surge. His Raichu missed mega punch and Pine took him out in one shot with dig.

Went east of cerulean and beat all the trainers. No available encounters in the first route. Accidentally killed a magnemite in the route outside the cave. Got a geoudude in rock tunnel.

Team:
:pikachu: O.G. Lvl 26
Thunderbolt
Mega Punch
Double Team
Thunder Wave

:nidoking: King Lvl 25
Body Slam
Thrash
Water Gun
Double Kick

:sandslash: Pine Lvl 25
Dig
Slash
Scratch
Sand Attack

:hypno: Hip Yea Lvl 26
Confusion
Headbutt
Hypnosis
Disable

Reached Celadon. Went and got Eevee and immediately used the water stone on him. This team can use a water type. Vaporeon is named Jinbei(One Piece shoutout). Defeated team rocket and then went and took down Erica. She was easy with Hypno spamming confusion.
Team:
:pikachu: O.G. Lvl 30
Thunderbolt
Mega Punch
Double Team
Thunder Wave

:nidoking: King Lvl 29
Body Slam
Thrash
Water Gun
Double Kick

:sandslash: Pine Lvl 29
Dig
Rock Slide
Slash
Sand Attack

:hypno: Hip Yea Lvl 31
Confusion
Tri Attack
Headbutt
Hypnosis

:vaporeon: Jinbei Lvl 30
Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Quick Attack
Bite

Caught a Ghastly at Pokémon Tower. Took down rocket and got the flute. Went south and took out snorlax. I actually want snorlax as my 6th team member. It walls alakazam pretty well. However, I’m not strong enough to attempt catching this. It might kill one of my mons. So I plan on catching the other one later. Defeated all the trainers from lavender to Fuschia. Got surf and strength. Took down cycling road trainers.
Koga was easy. I took him down in 4 psychics from Hip Yea. Flew to Saffron and took care of silph co. At this point the team is just below lvl 40 so I go and attempt to catch the snorlax to complete my team of 6. Put it to sleep turn one, crit with tri Attack to about half health, so go for another tri Attack and of course it crits again and kills it. Welp. There goes my 6th team member. Might just go with 5 and add a 6th before the E4.
I go on a surfing spree and take out all the swimmers on the map. Then I decide to go to cinnabar to take down Blaine before Sabrina. I feel with my team he will be easier. I reach Blaine and Jinbei takes down Ninetails and Rapidash but has low health. I switch to King to EQ his Arcanine. Flamethrower nearly kills me as he survives EQ. I have no safe switch ins. Flamethrower or Fire Bladt will probably kill everything. So I switch to Pidgey who I caught early game and have been using for fly. Another mon used for death fodder. It gives me a safe switch in to Jinbei to heal. After healing up I easily take fire blast and another one as I finish him with surf. Gotta take on Sabrina next.
Team:
:pikachu: O.G. Lvl 44
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Mega Punch

:nidoking: King Lvl 43
EQ
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Double Kick

:sandslash: Pine Lvl 43
Dig
Slash
Strength
Rock Slide

:hypno: Hip Yea Lvl 43
Confusion
Psychic
Tri Attack
Hypnosis

:vaporeon: Jinbei Lvl 44
Surf
Ice Beam
Bite
Toxic

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
This seems like a really interesting run, hope it goes well for you dude

All hail jinbei

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
This seems like a really interesting run, hope it goes well for you dude

All hail jinbei
Thanks man! Yes it’s turning out to be so much fun. It’s interesting thinking ahead to try to plan who I should use or who I should save. I love Vaporeon. He’s a beast so far.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Sabrina was much easier than I expected. She couldn’t touch Hip Yea. Went and grinder up a bit before Giovani. Got the whole team to lvl 48. Still pretty underleveled but he’s easy with a good water type. Jinbei smoked him. Beat the rival after no problem and got through victory road. Gonna grind a bit before the elite 4. Picked up an onyx in victory road.
Team:
:pikachu: O.G. Lvl 49
T bolt
Thunder
T wave
Mega Punch

:nidoking: King Lvl 49
EQ
T bolt
Blizzard
Fire Blast

:sandslash: Pine Lvl 49
Dig
Strength
Rock Slide
Slash

:hypno: Hip Yea Lvl 50
Confusion
Psychic
Hypnosis
Tri Attack

:vaporeon: Jinbei Lvl 49
Surf
Ice beam
Bite
Toxic

:onix: Brock lvl 49
Rock Throw
Slam
Rage
Harden

Grinded the squad up to level 53 and entered the E4. Loreli was up first. Pikachu destroyed Dewgong with 2 Thunderbolts, Cloyster with 1 Thunder, Slowbro with a crit thunderbolt. Jynx was next. Swapped to Vaporeon as jynx can’t touch him. Surfed and full healed the sleeps til jynx went down. Stayed in for lapras. I could’ve went to pikachu here but I think lapras would one shot him and I know he’d survive a hit first. Pikachu is just too frail. So I toxic turn one then use bite and heal as the toxic took him down.
Bruno up next. Vaporeon took down Onix with surf. Swapped to Hypno to take out the Hitmons with 1 Psychic each. Back to Vaporeon with surf for the second Onix. Back to hypno for machamp who surprisingly went down to one Psychic.
Agatha up next. Led with nidoking against gengar. She confused me turn 1 and I hit myself. She dumbly went for confuse ray again so I one shot with EQ. Swapped to pikachu and one shot golbat with a crit t bolt. Back to king for haunter. Outsped and one shot with EQ. Out to hypno for arbok and one shot with psychic. Back to king for final gengar and she went for dream eater. Stupid Gen 1 AI lol. One shot with EQ.
Finally. Lance. Led with pikachu and one shot with T Bolt crit. Pikachu is a God with crits. Swapped to Jinbei for the first dragonair. Hit ice beam and he had a tiny bit of health left and he hit me with a crit t bolt and almost killed me. But I outsped and finished him. Healed up on next dragonair as I proceeded to high roll on ice beam and take him out. Swapped to Onix for Aerodactyl. Death Fodder! Sorry Brock. Healed up the team while onix sacrificed himself. Back into Jinbei to one shot surf aerodactyl. Swapped to King for Draginite. He barely survived blizzard and hit me back with blizzard as I live on 15 HP. Go for a safe thunderbolt to finish him.
Rival time. Jinbei took out sandslash. Hypno took care of Alakazam. Psychic just wasn’t doing enough to me as I tri attacked til he died. Thank god I got this guy. King took down exxegutor with two blizzards. Pikachu took down Cloyster with two thunderbolts. Pine saw his first action as dig one shot magneton. And Jinbei took out flareon in two surfs. Gen 1 complete!

The box below will contain all of the 18 banned Pokémon species heading into gen 2!
Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
I decided to go with Gold first. No particular reason really. Here’s my plan for the gen 2 games. I will use cyndaquil and chikorita but not totodile. He gets much better in gen 4 with the physical special split. So I’d rather save him. Let’s get started!

So I went with cyndaquil first. Named him Akainu(yet another One Piece reference). After completing beginning game requirements, got my first encounter on route 29. Sentret named Butters. Route 46 was next where I caught jigglypuff named Tuff. Love this encounter. Great HP and decent attacking stats. Can learn all 3 elemental punches for great coverage. Gonna try to use this. Route 30 encounter was a Pidgey named Wingo. I think I’ll finally give the Pidgey line some use this run. Route 31 was a metapod named Dusty. Probably death fodder if anything. I’d rather use butterfree in gen 4 if I have to so both his STAB typings aren’t physical. Dark cave was a zubat named Dracule. I’d like to save him since I have a flying type for now.

Reached Violet city and beat sprout tower with Pidgey and cyndaquil. I have them both at lvl 12 to take on Falkner. He was easy. Pidgey took care of most of it with cyndaquil coming in for a clean up ember at the end. Route 32 was a Mareep named Enel(yes, One Piece again). Love this. Good to have a solid electric type. Even though I’ll lose him for the next two games if he goes all the way. Union cave got me a geodude named dude. I’m still gonna save geodude for later unless I end up needing him. Route 33 was a Hoppip named Dandeli. Boxed for now. Killed my ilex forest encounter. Hatched the egg in there as well to togepi named Eggy. Went and took down rockets at slowpoke well, where I got a slowpoke named Lobo. I think I’ll go ahead and use the slowpoke line this run.

Got the team up to level 17/18 to take on bugsy. Went down no problem due to pidgeotto and quilava. Reached Goldenrod and grinded on the trainers around the area. Got my 5 members up to level 20 to take on Whitney. Also, stopped in the store and bought some tms to really beef up my movepools.

Slowpoke made Whitney easy. Set up 6 curses on clefairy and then one shot it with headbutt, one of the tms I got earlier. Luckily it never got anything very good from metronome. Miltank came next. It tried to get rollout going but plus 6 defense slowpoke took 1, then 2 damage lol. Headbutt 2 shot it. This made it look super easy. However I will say that there are certain battles in Pokémon to have a plan for. Whitney is one of them. Miltank is known to have ended many careers.

Arrived in ecruteak. Decided to skip the national park encounter in case I wanted to come back during bug catching contest. Defeated rival in burned tower. Got magmar as my encounter. Good backup for quilava in case something happens. Went west and encountered a magnemite on route 38. Another good backup. Got a miltank on route 39. This is going to be my 6th team member. Good speed, attack and defense plus normal stab and coverage with EQ and shadow ball. Defeated the trainers in the lighthouse for some extra grinding and took out mortys trainers and kimono girls. Leveled the whole team up to 25, quilava to 26. Taught quilava dig. Time for Morty.

Akainu took down ghastly and haunter in 1 dig each. Swapped to Enel for gengar. He missed hypnosis and I got off a T Wave on him, Crippling his speed. I bought plenty of awakenings so even though he hit 2 or 3 hypnosis I would just awaken and thunderpunch. It helped that he never even went for shadow ball. Back to Akainu who took down the final haunter. I plan on going east to lake of rage to deal with team rocket for the exp next.
Team:
:quilava: Akainu Lvl 27
Ember
Dig
Smokescreen
Quick attack

:pidgeotto: Wingo Lvl 25
Gust
Swift
Quick attack
Sand Attack

:jigglypuff: Tuff lvl 25
Headbutt
Fire Punch
Thunder punch
Ice punch

:flaaffy: Enel Lvl 26
Tackle
Thunder punch
Fire punch
Thunder Wave

:slowpoke: Lobo Lvl 25
Headbutt
Curse
Confusion
Surf

:miltank: MilkMaid Lvl 25
Headbutt
Stomp
Milk Drink
Shadow Ball

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
lmao whenever I see this thread it makes me think of the daft punk song

But congrats on making it to gen 2!
Long live totodile

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Update: Wrapping up Gold!
Took out Red Gyarados and cleaned out the team rocket hideout. Went to olivine and surfed south to take on all the water trainers for some exp. Got the whole team up to 30 for Chuck. I led with Lobo. With his high defense and psychic typing, primeape couldn’t do too much. Couple of confusions and he went down. Swapped to Enel for poliwrath. He went down to 2 thunder punches as he missed a dynamic punch.

Flew back to olivine to take on jasmine. Enel took out the magnemites with a fire punch each. Swapped to Lobo for steelix, but he put up a sunny day so my surf was halved. Swapped back to Enel for a super charged fire punch to finish off the battle.

Flew to Pryce’s gym to take him on. Enel again led the way. Took out his first two with a couple thunder punches then swapped to Lobo to one shot surf his piloswine. Went through Ice path and reached blackthorn.

Grinded on all the available trainers left to get ready for Claire. Got the team up to level 37. Tuff took down the first two dragonairs. Now that I know the T Bolt dragonair is gone, I swapped to Lobo, now a slowbro for the 3rd one. Took it down with ice punch. Swapped to Enel for kingdra. Paralyzed it turn 1 with T Wave. Then 2 shot with thunder punch. Off to victory road!

Got through victory road and beat the rival. Team is fully healthy still. Grinded up to level 41 on each Pokémon. A little underleveled but I think I can do it. Here’s the final squad for the E4 run:
:typhlosion: Akainu Lvl 41
Item: soft sand
Fire punch
Thunder punch
Dig
Quick attack

:pidgeot: Wingo Lvl 41
Item: sharp beak
Wing attack
Fly
Swift
Quick attack

:wigglytuff: Tuff lvl 41
Item: quick claw
Strength
Ice punch
Fire punch
Thunder punch

:ampharos: Enel Lvl 41
Item: magnet
Thunder punch
Fire punch
Iron tail
Light screen

:slowbro: Lobo Lvl 41
Surf
Confusion
Ice punch
Headbutt

:miltank: MilkMaid Lvl 41
Item: silk scarf
Headbutt
Dynamic punch
Shadow ball
EQ

Will is up first. Enel one shot Xatu after getting confused. Swapped out to Akainu for Exxegutor and one shot with fire punch. Swapped to MilkMaid for jynx and one shot with shadow ball. Swapped to Enel for slowbro and one shot with a crit thunder punch. Stayed in and tanked a psychic from Xatu and one shot with thunder punch.

Second is Koga. One shot ariados with a fire punch from Akainu. One shot Forretress the same way. Swapped to MilkMaid for Muk and took it out with two EQ’s. Back to Akainu for Venomoth and one shot with fire punch. Swapped to Enel for crobat and two shot with thunder punch even through a double team.

Third is Bruno. Lobo took out hitmontop with two confusions after pursuit did hardly anything. Wingo took down hitmonlee and hitmonchan with fly. Lobo took down onix with surf and machamp with a few confusions after healing from some rock slides.

Fourth is Karen. Here’s where the first challenge arrived as I anticipated. Tuff took out umbreon in a battle of strength vs faint attack. Had to heal once to be safe from a crit. Swapped to Wingo for vileplume and two shot with wing attack. Swapped to MilkMaid for Gengar and one shot with EQ after he cursed. Swapped to Enel for a one shot thunder punch on murkrow. Finally, houndoom. This thing is scary. Especially at its level. STAB flamethrower and crunch is scary. So I led with wingo. Here’s the strategy. My team is missing a bit of health. So I basically need to heal to be safe against this beast. Wingo is a necessary sacrifice as it takes two flamethrowers to kill it. During those two turns I fully heal up all injured mons. Wingo goes down. I send in Enel and paralyze turn one after taking just over half from flamethrower. I heal up and he gets fully paralyzed. I set up a light screen to protect against his special attack stat. However, he gets a crit flamethrower, bypassing the screen and takes out Enel. Not good. I let Wingo die because he wouldn’t do much against lance anyway. But Enel wouldve helped a lot. I go to MilkTank and EQ and he survives. I tank a flamethrower due to the Light Screen I set up and take him out in another EQ. Down two Pokémon against lance. Not great.

I lead with Akainu. I know. Gyarados could take him out easily. But I have thunder punch in Akainu. So I use it and gyarados survives with a sliver of hp. But he goes for rain dance! Thank god! Finish him with another thunder punch. First dragonite is up next. I swap to Tuff and take it down in two ice punches after taking a thunder wave. Second dragonite comes out. I keep tuff in and tank a blizzard and crit one shot ice punch. Aerodactyl next and I swap to Lobo. One shot with surf after tanking a hyper beam really well. Charizard is next so I stay in and take it out with surf. Final dragonite comes out. I take outrage pretty well and almost take it out with ice punch. But it crits the next outrage and Lobo goes down. So I think tuff and MilkMaid can tag team him down. I know he’s gonna heal next turn and tuff and MilkMaid are down on health. So sacrifice time. I send in Akainu and heal up the other two as he fully heals dragonite and then takes out Akainu with outrage. I send in MilkMaid first to deal some damage thinking he will take out MilkMaid and Tuff can come in for an ice punch to finish it. But MilkMaid outspeeds and gets 2 flinches in a row with headbutt and the third one takes him out! So the two surviving members are Tuff and MilkMaid! Pokémon Gold Complete! Up next is Silver!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Let’s get started with game 2 of Gen 2. Silver. Chose chikorita as my starter. Named her Lief. First encounter was sentret on route 29. He was the only non banned option since it was daytime. Could’ve had hoothoot at night. Route 46 was geodude named Jozu. I’m surprised I haven’t used this line yet. I think he’s a good compliment to Lief so let’s try it. Route 30 was a weedle named Sting. Route 31 is all banned by this point so no encounter there. Dark cave I got a zubat. Here is where I finally use the good ole bat family line. He covers the other two great so it’s a solid first 3 to build around.

Take out sprout tower and attempt Falkner. The team is level 11 with Jozu at 12. Jozu one shots Pidgey with rock throw. Swap out to Lief for pidgeotto to lower its attack one stage with growl. Back to Jozu. He mud slaps a couple times so it takes a couple tries to hit with rock throw but when it does it goes down.

Route 32 was an Ekans named cobra. Union cave was all duped or banned. Route 33 was a hoppip. With the lack of useable TMs and its gen 2 moveset, this line wont come in any use until later games. Slowpoke well is all duped/banned and I kill my ilex forest paras. Team rocket and the rival both go down as I prepare for Bugsy. I lead with Jozu and take out everything in 1 rock throw. Scyther can be scary if you don’t have a rock fire or flying type as it can sweep with stacked fury cutter. Moving on.

Got through the forest. The egg hatched and Eggy popped out again. Might save togepi until HG/SS. Better move pool and special split helps it. Route 34 was all duped/banned. Route 35 got me a yanma named Buzz. Gonna get national park next and prepare for whitney.

Team:
:bayleef: Lief Lvl 20
Razor Leaf
Headbutt
Reflect
Poison powder

:geodude: Jozu Lvl 20
Rock Throw
Headbutt
Magnitude
Fire Punch

:zubat: Dracule M lvl 19
Bite
Leech life
Confuse ray
Supersonic

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
So far so good, let’s hope Whitney’s not an absolute pain
I can imagine the remakes getting harder for you because of all the bans

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
So far so good, let’s hope Whitney’s not an absolute pain
I can imagine the remakes getting harder for you because of all the bans
Thanks! Yea Whitney is infamous. Oh for sure. The later games will be truly rough. The challenge awaits starting in gen 4 I think. Especially HG SS.

Took out the trainers in national park and got the team up to level 21 for whitney. I had Lief take out clefairy and swapped to Jozu for Miltank. It goes into rollout as I start mid slapping. Incredibly even after hitting 4 mud slaps rollout is still hitting and stacking. In the unlikely event she hits the next one Jozu goes down. So I play it safe and swap to weedle. She incredibly hits the next one and weedle goes down. I go into togepi just in case the final rollout hits. It misses as I take the chance to heal up Jozu. Then she stomps and kills eggy. Back to Jozu who takes her down with magnitude. So two death fodder losses. No big deal. Just couldn’t believe her rollout accuracy.

Reached Ecruteak and took down the kimono girls. Got surf. Went east and caught magnemite on route 38. A good mon but I plan on saving it til later gens so I can use magnezone. Reached Olivine and got the good rod. Here’s my plan. I’m going to fish in the harbor here in olivine. I want chinchou in either this run or crystal. So I fish and get tentacool. Still a very good mon. He will be my water type for this team. This just about guarantees chinchou for Crystal since I plan on getting tentacruel banned after this run. Went and defeated the lighthouse for more exp and got the team up for Morty. Also beat the rival in burnt tower for more exp.

Before morty however I went east and up to lake of rage. Got my encounter there which was a girafarig named Rafa. This is what I wanted. We have our 5th team member. He has nice dual typing for STAB and is only weak to dark and bug. Plus, he’s about to wreck morty with the ghost immunity. I get the team up to lvl 25 and head for morty.

Against morty I led with Rafa and took down ghastly and haunter with confusion. I’m a bit weakened from haunters curse and I don’t want it to stack. So when he sent out gengar I swapped to jozu, who now is a Golem. Turn one I get the quick claw activation and hit mid slap. It shockingly deals 1/3 of his health in damage. He misses hypnosis. Then he mean looks for some reason as I hit another mud slap. Final turn he misses another hypnosis as magnitude finishes him. I swap back to Rafa for the final haunter and take it out in 2 confusions.

I go back to lake of rage now that I can surf and take care of gyarados and team rocket hideout.

I go to olivine and surf to Cianwood while battling the swimmers for exp. I’ve got the whole team up to lvl 30 now. Against Chuck I led with Golbat. I took down Primeape in 1 wing attack. I swapped to tentacruel for Poliwrath and take it down in 3 sludge bombs. He can’t do too much to tentacruel.

Head back to olivine and take on jasmine. I led with Jozu against magnemite. One 4x magnitude took it out. Swapped to tentacruel for steelix. He barely survived surf then set up sunny day. She healed then surf took 3 hits to take it down in the sun. Got hit with an iron tail but we resist and have decent defense so it’s fine. Back to Jozu taking out the other magnemite.

Head to Mahogany to take on Pryce. I led with Tentacruel to take down Seel as I resist. Took it down with 2 sludge bombs. Stayed in for Dewgong and took it down in 3 sludge bombs plus poison. Stayed in for pilowswine and healed up to be safe. Got hit with icy wind which did nothing at all with my insane special defense bulk. One shot with surf.

Back to goldenrod and took out team rocket and rival. No real challenges here.

Back to mahogany and through ice path to reach Blackthorn. Grinded up the team to level 38 for Claire. The next update will be the final for Silver. It’ll include Claire through the elite 4. Here’s the squad:
:tentacruel: Jelly lvl 38
Surf
Supersonic
Sludge Bomb
Icy Wind

:crobat: Dracule M lvl 38
Wing Attack
Swift
Bite
Confuse Ray

:girafarig: Rafa Lvl 38
Headbutt
Confusion
Shadow Ball
Growl

:meganium: Lief Lvl 38
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder
Body Slam
Reflect

:golem: Jozu Lvl 38
Rock throw
Mud slap
Stength
Magnitude

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Against Claire I led with tentacruel. He 2 shot with icy wind after getting thunder waved. Swapped out for the second dragonair as this one would know t bolt. Took it down with Rafa in 3 headbutts. Back to Tentacruel for the third dragonair and took it down the same way as the first. Swapped to Lief for Kingdra and set up a reflect turn one. He misses smokescreen. I poison powder turn 2 and he hits a hyper beam. With reflect it doesn’t do much. I hit razor leaf as he recharges. She heals as I hit two more razor leafs and tank another hyper beam and take her out.

I get through Victory Road and grind up the team for the E4. I only have 5 that I’m using and since the rules state I must take 6 I have to choose one of my pc mons. I decide to take ledyba. I won’t use this line in any game let’s be honest lol. Here is the final team for the E4:

:meganium: Lief Lvl 44
Item: miracle seed
Razor Leaf
Reflect
Body Slam
Poison Powder

:crobat: Dracule M lvl 45
Item: sharp beak
Wing attack
Fly
Confuse ray
Bite

:golem: Jozu Lvl 45
Item: quick claw
Rock Throw
EQ
Strength
Mud Slap

:tentacruel: Jelly lvl 47
Item: mystic water
Surf
Blizzard
Sludge bomb
Barrier

:girafarig: Rafa Lvl 46
Item: pink bow
Headbutt
Psybeam
Shadow ball
EQ

(Ban Fodder: ledyba) lol

Will is up first. I lead with Rafa and one shot with shadow ball. Jynx goes down next the same way. Exxegutor takes two hits to go down but he only hit egg bomb so not too much damage. I stay in for Slowbro and barely two shot with shadow ball as he hit one psychic. I fully heal against the last Xatu and two shot with shadow ball for a clean sweep with Rafa.

Koga is up next. I lead with Dracule M to one shot ariados with wing attack. Swap to tentacruel to two shot forretress with surf. Swap to Rafa to take out Venomoth with one psybeam. Out to Jozu to take out muk with one EQ. Swap to Rafa to two shot crobat with psybeam.

Bruno is up next. Lead with Rafa to one shot hitmontop with psybeam. Swap to Dracule M to one shot hitmonlee and hitmonchan with fly. Out to tentacruel to take out onix with surf. Stayed in for machamp and set up a barrier. Took him out in 3 surfs while he couldn’t touch me through barrier.

Karen up next. Led with Jozu against umbreon. Took it down in 3 EQs after taking minimal damage from faint attacks. Swapped to Dracule M to two shot vileplume. Swapped to Rafa to one shot shadow ball Gengar. Swapped to Jozu to one shot rock throw murkrow. Swapped to tentacruel to take out houndoom in two surfs.

Finally lance is up. I lead with Rafa. Incredibly, I get 3 flinches with headbutt and take it out. Swap to tentacruel for dragonite and one shot blizzard. Second dragonite comes in and same result. Third dragonite comes in and luckily I land a third blizzard and one shot. I’m surprised I didn’t miss one. Stayed in for aerodactyl and one shot surf. Swapped to Jozu for charizard and one shot rock throw.

That’s it for silver! Girafarig and tentacruel definitely MVPs. On to the final game for gen 2, Crystal! I have already started as I write this so I’ll post the updates in a separate spoiler.

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Welp. Sat down started playing crystal and went ahead and beat it already lol. Zero deaths at all this run. The team did great. I didn’t log my run for some reason. Just ended up playing so fast I guess. So I’ll give a final team recap. Gengar was the mvp here with the ability to use all 3 elemental punches.
Final Team:
:noctowl: Owler Lvl 45
Swift
Reflect
Confusion
Fly

:politoed: Jiraiya Lvl 45
Surf
Ice punch
EQ
Hypnosis

:gengar: Boo lvl 46
Ice punch
Fire punch
Thunder punch
Hypnosis

:quagsire: Kip Lvl 45
Surf
Ice punch
EQ
Strength

:venomoth: Ventress Lvl 44
Psybeam
Poison Powder
Sludge bomb
Gust

Ban Fodder: psyduck. I hate this line lol

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Last edited:

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Holy crap dude you’re just burning through these games

Congrats on the no death run! Gengar is best

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Holy crap dude you’re just burning through these games

Congrats on the no death run! Gengar is best
Thanks! Haha yea I’ve slowed a bit now. I’m through Watson in Ruby right now. Gonna post the update below. Yea gengar was so amazing.

Up first for gen 3 is Ruby. I went with treecko for my starter. I think he is the weakest so I’ll use him while having a lot more options for other Pokémon in gen 3. Then when I’m more restricted I can rely on the better two starters. Accidentally killed my first zigzagoon encounter. Next encounter was wingull. I caught this and named it Gulliver. I plan on using this. Decent water and flying mon. Got a zigzagoon next, then a tailow. Don’t need two flying types so tailow will be a backup to Gulliver. Got wurmple in the forest. Got nincada to the east of rustboro and whismur in the tunnel. I grind up Gulliver and Raptor and take on Roxanne. I though water gun would one shot geodude. Shockingly it survives and kills Gulliver with rock throw. Well there you have it. Our first death that wasn’t fodder. Raptor finishes her off. Robin the tailow takes Gullivers spot now.

I head to dewford and get my next encounter. Chubs the makuhita is added to the squad. I get the exp share and head to slateport to grind before taking on brawly. I’ve got raptor and robin up to level 19. Robin takes out Machop after taking a karate chop. I swap to raptor for makuhita. It starts setting up with bulk up but luckily I hit 4 times twice on bullet seed and take it out.

I head to slateport and up to mauville. On the way I caught a gulpin and an oddish. I grinded on the available trainers before watson. I have the 3 team members up to level 24 and take on Watson. Chubs on shots magnemite with arm thrust. I swap to raptor for voltorb. It scared me with self destruct but I live on 13 hp. Super scary. Then back to chubs to take out magneton no problem.

Team:
:grovyle: Raptor lvl 24
Quick attack
Pursuit
Absorb
Bullet seed

:swellow: Robin lvl 24
Wing attack
Quick attack
Double team
Growl

:hariyama: Chubs Lvl 25
Arm thrust
Vital throw
Bulk up
Fake out

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
I head north and get my encounter of a numel named Volcanica. I plan on using this for a fire ground type. I get a trapinch in the ash area and name it Meruem. As I’m grinding g against a ninja boy, another death occurs. A koffing self destructs on my numel and he goes down. That was quick. Death number two. I give the exp share to trapinch to replace numel in the team. I start to train up a solrock I caught as well. Well, he only lasted about 3 trainers before dying. I beat magma and head to flannery. I do pretty well until torkoal. Slugma set up a sunny day. I was in with hariyama against torkoal and he hit a crit overheat and one shot me. I did a good amount of damage first so swellow came in and finished him off. I’m losing a lot of mons this run. Now we are down another Pokémon. Not good. I take out whismur from the pc and start grinding him up. I get him caught up with the team at lvl 31. Exploud is pretty good so I plan on adding him.

Norman is next. His slakings hit hard, so I lead with swellow and set up 6 double teams. His team all has faint attack so he hits me still, but not much damage being done since dark is special in gen 3. After a long battle of hitting and healing, swellow sweeps Norman.

I head east from mauville and catch a electrike. This is good. I need an electric type for the next gym. And menectric is a beast. I grind up the whole team to lvl 36 and take on Winona.

I lead with menectric and take out her first 3 with t bolt. Swap to Loudred who now knows ice beam to take out altaria in two hits.

Team:
:sceptile: Raptor lvl 36
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Strength
Pursuit

:swellow: Robin lvl 36
Wing attack
Fly
Facade
Double team

:loudred: Ecko Lvl 36
Strength
Supersonic
Astonish
Ice beam

:vibrava: Meruem Lvl 36
Dig
Sand Tomb
Dragonbreath
Crunch

:manectric: Bolt lvl 36
Thunderbolt
Howl
Quick attack
Spark

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Oh god. Payment for the lucky crystal run it seems...

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Oh god. Payment for the lucky crystal run it seems...
Absolutely lol. This run was a close call to not even finishing as you’ll see below.

I head south from fortree and reach lilycove. Take care of all the team magma stuff and head to mossdeep. I catch a Sharpedo on one of the sea routes. This is my 6th team member. I grind up the team to lvl 40 for Tate and Liza. I send in Sharpedo and Sceptile as Surf plus Leaf Blade ends it quickly in two turns. These two are much much more terrifying in Emerald.

I finish up on the team magma stuff and head to sootopolis. After taking care of groudon I take on Wallace with the whole team at 41/42. I lead with Manectric and one shot luvdisc with t bolt. I swap to Sceptile for Whiscash and one shot with leaf blade. Back to Manectric to finish off the other 3. No problems here.

Headed to victory road and got through it ok. Defeated Wally with no deaths but I’m a bit underleveled. I grind up a few levels an get the team to lvl 45/46. Still underleveled but I’m very impatient with grinding lol. Almost a big mistake here as you’ll see.

E4 Final Team:
:sceptile: Raptor lvl 45
Leaf Blade
Strength
Rock Smash
Aerial Ace

:swellow: Robbin Lvl 45
Aerial ace
Fly
Facade
Double team

:exploud: Ecko Lvl 46
Strength
Shadow ball
Ice beam
Overheat

:flygon: Meruem Lvl 46
Dragon breath
EQ
Giga Drain
Crunch

:manectric: Bolt lvl 46
T bolt
Thunder
Bite
Flash

:sharpedo: Strike lvl 45
Surf
Waterfall
Crunch
Blizzard

Sydney up first. Sceptile takes care of mightyena in one crit leaf blade. Out to Flygon for absol. Two EQs take it out. Manectric one shots his Sharpedo. Swellow takes out cacturne and shiftry to take out Sydney.

Phoebe up next. Between Explouds shadow ball and Sharpedos crunch I one shot everything but sableye. He went down to 2 surfs from Sharpedo.

Glacia up next. This is where the Hoenn E4 amps up the difficulty. I lead with exploud who takes out glalie with overheat and strength. Swap to Sceptile for the first sealeo as this isn’t the one with blizzard. Two leaf blades take it out. Out to manectric to one shot the other sealeo with t bolt. Out to Sharpedo for the other glalie. Surf is a 3 shot as I eat ice beans and heal a couple times. For her Walrein I go out to manectric. I go for t bolt but walrein is a thick boy. It survives and gets back some health from the sitrus berry. It then hits a blizzard and one shots manectric. Uh oh. Sceptile comes in and luckily leaf blade takes it out. Going into drake with 5 mons.
I lead with exploud against Shelgon. Ice beam two shots. Stay in to take out altaria in two ice beams as well. I’m a bit injured at this point so I have to swap for flygon. I go into swellow. I’ll get the least use outta him so I’ll let him go down as I heal exploud. Swellow goes down after healing. Sorry buddy. Good sacrifice. Back to exploud to one shot ice beam. The next flygon goes down to ice beam also but hits with a dragon breath which does over half. I have to switch for Salamence. I swap to Sharpedo and luckily he goes for flamethrower. I tank it and hit a blizzard which one shots. Down to 4 Pokémon against Steven. And very underleveled.

I lead with exploud against his skarmory. He gets down a layer of spikes but I one shot with overheat. Armaldo up next. I swap to Sharpedo thinking I might one shot with surf. He barely survives and one shots me with ancient power. Not even a very strong move but armaldo has fantastic attack. Sceptile comes in and finishes it with leaf blade. I only have 3 mons left against his 4. I swap to exploud for cradily. I take it out with ice beam after trading blows and healing. Swap to Sceptile for claydol. I hit 2 leaf blades to take it out but have little health left. Metagross next. I decide I need to heal the other two to finish this battle. So I take the opportunity to heal the other two as Sceptile goes down. I need to use exploud first. I know EQ can one shot Aggron so I need to save flygon. He outspeeds and hits meteor mash but I live. Overheat nearly takes him out but his berry heals him up a bit. He outspeeds again and hits psychic taking out exploud. In goes Flygon. My last Mon. If EQ doesn’t kill Metoer Mash could take me out and end the run. However, Flygon is a champ and EQ takes out Metagross!! It’s a formality at this point as Aggron comes in and gets demolished by a 4x Eq from a flygon. Pokémon Ruby complete!

Wow this was so much harder than the first two gens. Lesson learned. Grinding is a must before this elite 4. The last three are all incredibly threatening. I’ll post the updated Ban List going into Sapphire below!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Holy crap that’s a close one...glad you survived. Onward we go!

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Holy crap that’s a close one...glad you survived. Onward we go!
Yea it was rough. Gen 3 is a big step up in difficulty for sure. But we survive and advance!

Onto Sapphire! I pick Mudd the Mudkip for my starter. Zigzagoon the hm slave as encounter 1. Poochyena and wurmple next. In the forest I get a shroomish. I love Breloom. So he is team member number two. I get a nincada east of rustboro. I like ninjask as well so this is team member 3. I easily defeat Roxanne after evolving Mudkip.

I head to dewford and catch an Aron. This is what I wanted. Team member 4. I go to slateport and start grinding on the trainers ahead before going back for brawly. Shroomish takes down Machop and Mudd takes down makuhita.

I get some encounters on the way to mauville. Nothing noteworthy. Before Watson I’m fringe Aron and a geoudude comes out. I was careless and forgot it knew magnitude at lvl 16. It got a magnitude 9 and one shot Aron. First death!

I easily take out Watson with Mudd’s mud shot. I head up to fiery path and just outside I get a numel. Let’s try to keep this alive this run! Team member 4. I get a grimer in the path. I do all the meteor falls stuff and head to flannery. Against her I again swept with Mudd. So far much better than ruby.

I head to Norman. Breloom 3 shots slaking with Mach punch. I need to heal against vigoroth so I swap to death Fodder poochyena. I heal breloom as poochyena goes down. Back to breloom to 2 shot vigoroth. I need to heal again and none of the others can really take a hit from slaking. So another death Fodder sacrifice. Zigzagoon goes down. Breloom comes back in and 3 shots slaking to finish off Norman.

I head east of mauville and on my way up to the weather institute I run into a trainer with a breloom. I have my own breloom out and hit with strength almost taking it out. COUNTER!!!!! I forgot it had this! It counters and destroys my breloom. Ouch. That one hurt a lot. I reach fortree and decide to replace breloom with a lunatone from the falls that I got earlier. Decent mon plus psychic types are nice. So we still only have 4 members.

I take on Winona and defeat swellow with lunatone now grinded up. Swampert takes out her pelliper. Camerupt takes out skarmory. And swampert comes back out to one shot ice beam her altaria. Gonna have to find some other good mons cuz the pc mons are very questionable. Might check out what the safari zone has to offer.

Team:

:swampert: Mudd Lvl 36
Surf
Mud slap
Mud shot
Ice beam

:ninjask: Ninjago lvl 33
Slash
Swords dance
Aerial ace
Dig

:camerupt: Volcanica Lvl 35
Ember
Magnitude
Rock slide
Overheat

:lunatone: Lunar lvl 29
Confusion
Hypnosis
Tackle
Rock throw

I decide to use an oddish I caught a few routes back to use for my 5th member. We have a leaf stone and giga drain and sludge bomb tms. So vileplume is viable. Plus my team is bad against water at this point.

We take out the rest of the game easily so I’m gonna skip all that and go straight to the E4. I grinded the whole team up to lvl 50 before entering. I hope the 5 extra levels help this time. Here’s the final squad heading into the E4:

:swampert: Mudd Lvl 50
Surf
EQ
Ice beam
Waterfall

:ninjask: Ninjago Lvl 50
Swords Dance
Baton pass
Aerial ace
Shadow ball

:camerupt: Volcanica Lvl 50
Flamethrower
Overheat
Rock slide
EQ

:lunatone: Lunar lvl 50
Psychic
Calm mind
Hypnosis
Ice beam

:vileplume: Oniono Lvl 50
Giga drain
Sludge bomb
Sleep powder
Petal dance

:spinda: Ted Lvl 23
Death Fodder 😂

Sydney up first. I lead and sweep with ninjask. I set up full swords Dance then heal and sweep with aerial ace. Easy.

Phoebe up next. Ninjask takes down dusclops with shadow ball but gets cursed. So I’m comes another dusclops as I swap to swampert and hit two EQs to take it out. In comes sableye and I swap to vileplume. But it has psychic. It does over half to vileplume. Most of the team is injured and I want a safe switch in. So death fodder time. I throw in spinda to die as I heal. Back into swampert to finish and out to camerupt to finish the last two banettes.

This is where it gets tough. Against glacia I lead with camerupt and one shot glalie with flamethrower. I swap to swampert to take out the two sealeos. I go back to camerupt to take out the other glalie. Now it’s walrein. This thing is scary. Here’s my thinking. I’ll go to vileplume to deal as much damage as I can before finishing with another mon. I don’t need vileplume for drake or Steven so no big deal to die here. But walrein misses blizzard and I hit sleep powder!! He stays asleep 3 turns as I finish him with giga drains. Well that worked well.

Drake is next. This was so easy. I lead with lunatone and put shelgon to sleep. I precede to set up 6 calm minds and sweep his entire team with ice beam. Now the real challenge is here. Stephen.

He leads with skarmory and I go with camerupt. I one shot with flamethrower. Aggron in next so I go to swampert and one shot with EQ. Cradily is next and I swap to vileplume. I slowly take it down with the sludge bomb and heal combo. Metagross comes out next. I try to sleep Powder but he hits psychic taking out vileplume. That’s ok. I needed a safe switch in to metagross. I go with camerupt. BIG mistake. I go for overheat which I think would one shot, but he outspeeds and goes for EQ. Forgot he had this honestly. He one shot without a crit. Yikes. I have 3 left at this point against his 3. I go with swampert and EQ two shots him as I barely survive two psychics. Armaldo is next. I swap out to lunatone. I put him to sleep after taking an ancient power for over half health. I take him out in two psychics. Claydol next. I go for ice beam but he outspeeds and kills me with ancient power. And he got the stat boosts! He’s plus one in everything. Not good at all. I send in ninjask to die as I fully heal swampert. Down to one Pokémon again somehow! I start surfing and he gets me down to 12 hp. Normally another surf wouldn’t kill him. But swamperts ability makes water moves more powerful when I’m at low health. Knowing this, I go for another surf instead of healing and it takes him out!!

Wow that was insane. One survivor again. I’ll tell you what, I’m so happy Steven isn’t the champ in emerald. He has F’d me up each time so far. Welp. Onto emerald! I’ll post the updated Ban List below!
Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
I spent the past few days completing emerald. Let’s just say I’m happy to get Hoenn over with(Until gen 6). These 3 runs have been rough. I’ll just post the major highlights of the run.

I got torchic as my starter. My next team member was wingull. Took down Roxanne with these two.

Caught an Aron in dewford and took out brawly. As I was grinding I lost wingull. I can’t keep these alive for the life of me. I swear I’m naming the next one Peeko. I caught a gulpin north of slateport. Replaces wingull.

I take out Watson no problem. I catch skarmory as the 4th member. I catch a lombre as the 5th member. Sucks that I can’t get the water stone til after Liza and Tate.

Flannery was no trouble. With Skarmory and Lairon, Norman was no trouble either. I got a voltorb for the 6th team member. Defeated Winona super easy.

Liza and Tate. These two little brats are terrifying in emerald. They took out Blaziken and Swalot before I barely took them out. Jesus H Christ. Huge losses. I add a solrock to the team. Nothing else worth adding for a sixth spot.

I defeat Juan then head to E4. Here is the final squad before attempting them:

:aggron: Stiel Lvl 50
EQ
Rock Tomb
Brick Break
Iron Tail

:skarmory: IronHawk Lvl 50
Aerial Ace
Fly
Steel wing
Spike

:ludicolo: Dish lvl 50
Surf
Fake Out
Ice Beam
Giga Drain

:electrode: Rolli Lvl 50
T Bolt
Light Screen
Flash
Spark

:solrock: Solar lvl 46
Rick Slide
Psychic
Flamethrower
Calm mind

:illumise: Luma lvl 14
Death Fodder

Aggron and Skarmory took down Sydney easily.

Aggron, Skarmory, and electrode took out phoebe. Took a couple heals.
Solrock, Aggron, Electrode and Ludicolo took down glacia. Had to death Fodder illumise during the fight though.
Against drake I took him down mostly with ludicolo. Solrock died during the fight tho. So only 4 for Wallace.
I lead with Electrode and 2 shot wailord. Stay in to one shot gyarados. I think he sent him in cuz he had EQ. Stupid move tho. Steven is so much better than this clown. I swap to ludicolo for a one shot giga drain on whiscash. Out to Aggron to EQ tentacruel but he outspeeds and one shots me with hydro pump. I go out to Skarmory and stall out his hydro pumps then take him out with a few aerial aces. Stay in to two shot aerial ace his ludicolo. Then I swap to electrode for milotic and set up a light screen and trade blows til he goes down to enough t bolts.

Overall emerald was easier due to a weaker chamion. The main challenge in this game is Liza and Tate. I healed so many times in that fight and was actually lucky I only lost two mons against them. Now it’s back to kanto for fire red and leaf green!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon