Around the World UnGenlocke!

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
I’m glad I left charmander alone in the first gen. I chose him as my starter and train him up to a charmeleon and take out Brock with metal claw. Caught paras in my moon as my second member. Caught ekans west of cerulean as my third member. Defeated misty after some grinding. Paras was nice here.

Defeated surge next. Again parasect was great due to knowing dig. Got through rock tunnel to celadon and took out erika mainly with charmeleon. Took care of all the rocket stuff and went to fuschia to get my next encounter in the safari zone. Some good options left still in here. I get exxegcute. Perfect. Exxegutor is great. 4th team member added. After grinding him up and using a leaf stone on him and teaching him psychic, he wrecks Koga.

I head to saffron and defeat the dojo. I choose hitmonlee and we have our 5th team member. I take out team rocket and take on Sabrina. Exxegutor pretty much walls her team as he leech seeds and hypnosis stalks her out.

I head to cinnabar and surf over to sea foam islands and get our final encounter, seel. I grind him up in the mansion to get him up to par and take on Blaine. Dewgong has thick fat so he easily took out Blaine with surf.

After the sevii islands quick detour, I go to take on the 8th gym. Between Dewgong and Exxegutor he was very easy. Took out the rival as well. Got through victory road and grinded up a bit. Here’s the final team for the E4:

:charizard: Ace lvl 50
Fly
Wing attack
Flamethrower
Steel wing

:parasect: Shroom Lvl 50
Return
Dig
Spore
Giga drain

:arbok: Kobra Lvl 50
Strength
Glare
Acid
Bite

:exeggutor: Eggy Lvl 50
Psychic
Solarbeam
Leech seed
Hypnosis

:hitmonlee: Lee lvl 50
Brick break
Rock tomb
Focus punch
EQ

:dewgong: Trick Lvl 50
Surf
Headbutt
Ice beam
Toxic

Lorelei up first. Hitmonlee, Parasect, and Dewgong took down her team, but parasect died in the process to a crit ice Beam from Slowbro. Dewgong toxic stalled her lapras got the W.

Bruno next. Dewgong took down both onix, then Exxegutor took down the hitmons and machamp with psyichic.

Agatha next. Exxegutor and Arbok took care of her. Arbok went down in the process to one of the gengars. Down to 4 mons going into lance.

Exxegutor took out gyarados, Dewgong took out the next 4 with surf on aerodactyl and ice beam on the dragons.
Final battle against the rival. Dewgong takes out pidgeot, charizard takes out his exxegutor, hitmonlee takes out Cloyster, Exxegutor takes out alakazam, Dewgong takes out arcanine, and also wears down blastoise with toxic.
On to leaf green!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
We head to leaf green and catch mankey, the only available mon before the forest. We catch caterpie in the forest but I’m not using it unless I have to. We take out Brock easily with mankey.

I get clefairy in mt moon. This is the only available encounter left here. I plan on using this. It’s a nice special sponge with good coverage. I get the moon stone and immediately evolve it. I’d rather it be strong now than wait til 45 for meteor mash.

I take on misty and clefable gets the job done after a while of mega punch, heal, repeat. I finish S.S. Anne and take out Surge with mankey who knows dig now.

I get through the cave to cerulean and quickly finish all the rocket stuff and get the flute. I head south of lavender and get the super rod. I head the vermillion and fish up a staryu. Just what I wanted. I use a water stone and we have a starmie.

I head south while grinding and get my safari zone encounter, ryhorn. I’ll take it. Rhydon is great.

I take out koga and get a nearby encounter of a doduo. Dodrio is fast and hits pretty hard. Let’s add it.

I take out Sabrina easily with starmie. Blaine gets destroyed by starmie and rhydon. Giovani gets demolished by starmie as well. We take out the rival and get through victory road. Here is the final team before E4:

:rhydon: Drill lvl 50
Rock slide
Double edge
Brick Break
EQ

:primeape: Timmy Lvl 50
Brick Break
Cross chop
Aerial ace
Toxic

:starmie: Misty lvl 50
Surf
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave

:clefable: Moon lvl 50
Flamethrower
Psychic
Blizzard
Calm mind

:dodrio: Tri Lvl 50
Tri attack
Fly
Drill peck
Steel wing

:caterpie: Death/Ban Fodder

The first 4 members were easy. No deaths. So I’m skipping to the champion battle. Wow. Almost had the easiest run I’ve ever had with a loss at the champion. I take down his first 5 Pokémon with minor injuries. Out comes alakazam. I have starmie in to sponge his psychics. He gets a crit and takes me out from nearly full health. Starmie was my only alakazam check. I send in rhydon. One shot psychic. I send in dodrio to try to outspeed. One shot psychic. I send in primeape to try to get off a toxic. One shot psychic. All I’ve got left is clefable. I send him in. My only hope is to calm mind and stall out his psychics. I survive a psychic and set up a calm mind. I heal as he hits again. As I heal again, he goes for future sight, allowing me to calm mind again. I risk another calm mind and survive. After healing up now he can’t do much to me. If he gets a crit psychic I lose. Luckily no crits as a few flamethrowers takes him out.

That was close! Well now we are done with gen 3. Onto D/P/Pt!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

Pokémon Leaf Green:
Rhydon
Primeape
Dodrio
Clefable
Starmie
Caterpie

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Dang, the "Around the World" concept makes this really intensive. Hats off to your insane dedication!

I've only read the most recent update for now but I hope to catch up on the rest some other time. Psychic-types, man, they'll get you. And Alakazam in particular is still a beast practically to this day.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Dang, the "Around the World" concept makes this really intensive. Hats off to your insane dedication!

I've only read the most recent update for now but I hope to catch up on the rest some other time. Psychic-types, man, they'll get you. And Alakazam in particular is still a beast practically to this day.
Thanks for reading! Yea this has been brutal lol. Alakazam is definitely terrifying. I’ve found it’s good to have checks for each runs most difficult Pokémon. So for Kanto that would be mostly battles against alakazam. In my current Sinnoh runs I’ve mainly looked to have at least two counters for Cynthia’s garchomp. By the way Cynthia is in my opinion the hardest champion to this day, with Steven a close second.

So I completed Pokémon diamond. I actually completed it a couple weeks ago. But I lost my log for the playthrough. It was a great run. No deaths before the E4. Lost a few in the E4. Here is the final 6 Pokémon I took in and added to the Ban List:
:torterra: Gaia Lvl 60
EQ
Razor Leaf
Crunch
Curse

:staraptor: Acer Lvl 59
Return
Aerial ace
Close combat
Fly

:floatzel: Weasly Lvl 60
Waterfall
Aqua jet
Crunch
Ice fang

:skuntank: Pew lvl 59
Toxic
Poison jab
Night slash
Flamethrower

:medicham: Champ lvl 60
Brick break
Psychic
Ice punch
Shadow ball

:abomasnow: Yeti lvl 59
Wood hammer
Ice beam
Ice shard
EQ

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

Pokémon Leaf Green:
Rhydon
Primeape
Dodrio
Clefable
Starmie
Caterpie

Pokémon Diamond:
Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Skuntank
Medicham
Abomasnow

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Currently just defeated Wake. It’s tough because I’m saving some of the better Pokémon for Platinum as it’s a decent amount more difficult than D/P. Only have found 4 decent mons so far so here’s the squad:

:monferno: Kang Lvl 32
Flame wheel
Scratch
Mach punch
Rock tomb

:gyarados: Draco Lvl 32
Bite
Ice fang
Dragon rage
Brine

:roselia: Flora lvl 32
Mega Drain
Grass Knot
Stun Spore
Growth

:hippopotas: Quake lvl 32
Sand tomb
Yawn
Bite
Crunch

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Congrats on the almost no death run! Happy to see you’re still keeping it up

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Congrats on the almost no death run! Happy to see you’re still keeping it up
Thanks! Yea it’s just gen 4 takes a lot longer as I can’t use the same speed up speed that I was using first 3 gens lol. Plus gen 4 plays very slow in general. I’m getting there slowly but surely!

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Yikes, I don't imagine the Crasher Wake fight was a ton of fun with that roster. At least you don't have to skimp on the Sinnoh starters, like with the other regions because of their remakes.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Yikes, I don't imagine the Crasher Wake fight was a ton of fun with that roster. At least you don't have to skimp on the Sinnoh starters, like with the other regions because of their remakes.
No kidding! Luckily his gyarados doesn’t have ice fang until platinum. So I could two shot with grass knot from roselia and used my own gyarados to take out floatzel. After intimidate he couldn’t really do much.

As of right now I’ve completed everything up until the rival battle in front of the E4 and again have had no deaths. I have a feeling karma is going to catch up in platinum. Anyways, gonna have to grind up a decent amount before attempting this E4. Also I’ll use the move deleted and yes for better final movesets. Here’s the current squad:
:infernape: Kang Lvl 48
Close Combat
Flamethrower
Rock Climb
Shadow Claw

:gyarados: Draco Lvl 47
Surf
Waterfall
Bite
Ice Fang

:roserade: Flora lvl 47
Giga drain
Grass knot
Sludge bomb
Shadow ball

:hippowdon: Quake lvl 46
EQ
Rock Slide
Crunch
Strength

:mismagius: Dream lvl 48
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Perish Song

:weavile: Razr Lvl 43
Rock smash
Brick break
Faint attack
X scissor

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Well dang what a lucky man, I guess enter platinum with extra caution then, it’s crazy you’ve had so many successful nuzlockes in a row like this. Good luck with the elite 4

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Well dang what a lucky man, I guess enter platinum with extra caution then, it’s crazy you’ve had so many successful nuzlockes in a row like this. Good luck with the elite 4
Pretty crazy. I will say the best advice I can give is to take a look at each gym leader and bosses team with movesets before you battle and come up with a plan. That way you rarely get caught off guard. Some games I’ve even built a team around beating the harder leader or trainer.

So I grinded the team up to lvl 58. This should be enough. Cynthia’s garchomp is 66 so it might get tough at the end. I also beat Barry for some exp. Here is the squad before entering the E4:

:infernape:Kang Lvl 58
Close combat
Rock climb
Flamethrower
Shadow claw

:gyarados:Draco Lvl 58
Waterfall
Bite
Ice fang
EQ
:roserade:Flora lvl 58
Giga Drain
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb

:hippowdon:Quake lvl 58
EQ
Stone Edge
Crunch
Return

:mismagius:Dream lvl 58
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Perish Song

:weavile:Razr Lvl 58
Night Slash
X Scissor
Brick Break
Avalanche

Up first was Aaron. Kang took care of most of his team, with Draco taking out heracross and drapion. Not any issues here.
Bertha up next. Flora swept her entire team with grass knot. Apparently they’re all very heavy lol.

Flint up next. Quake took out rapidash and infernape. Flora 2 shot steelix with grass knot. Kang one shot lopunny with close combat. Drifblim went down to two night slashes from Razr.

Lucian up next. Mr mime went down to a night slash from Razr. Medicham went down to a shadow ball from Dream. Girafarig went down to a night slash from Razr. Bronzong went down to 2 flamethrowers from Kang after I barely survived a psychic with 7 hp left. Back to Razr for Alakazam. Thankfully Weavile outspeeds alakazam. I had no idea if I would. But I land the night slash as it one shots him. No deaths as I head for Cynthia!

Draco takes out spiritomb in two waterfalls. Flora two shots gastrodon after taking an EQ. Quake one shots Lucario with EQ. Out comes milotic. I hate this thing so much. My buddy used to always use one when we battled on emerald back in the day. Let’s just say thank god this doesn’t have leftovers. I swap to Flora and go for grass Knot as it’s pretty heavy. It actually does over half. I’m happy with that as all I wanted to do was get decent damage on it. He takes out flora with ice beam. I send in Kang to finish it off with close combat. Out comes garchomp. I start with gyarados and get off the intimidate drop. With his moveset, he can’t really touch gyarados. I take him out after a few ice fangs and healing up. I swap to Kang for her final Pokémon, Roserade. I take it out in two flamethrowers.

I’m super surprised I’ve done so well. I’m pretty scared for platinum though. But I’ve got a plan on a pretty good team of Pokémon that I’ve purposely left alone. I’ll be starting it soon!

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

Pokémon Leaf Green:
Rhydon
Primeape
Dodrio
Clefable
Starmie
Caterpie

Pokémon Diamond:
Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Skuntank
Medicham
Abomasnow

Pokémon Pearl:
Infernape
Gyarados
Roserade
Hippowdon
Mismagius
Weavile

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Last run of Sinnoh here we go! I’ll just give a brief recap and mention the gym leaders and deaths during the run as I didn’t keep an ongoing log for this one.

Defeated Roark pretty easily with prinplup and Luxio. Also had ponyta here. Defeated gardenia with ponyta and got the togepi egg. Went back to that haunted house and got the static rotom encounter. Also caught a bronzor east of Eterna. Went to the cave to the south and got a gible. This is the 6th member and the team I planned for this run.

Against Fantina my plan had to change. I swapped to ponyta during the fight to take a turn to heal other mons but she got a crit shadow ball and down went ponyta. I think my first major death in Sinnoh? Anyways Luxio finished her with bite. I needed a replacement for ponyta so I got the togepi egg outta the box and hatched it and gave it the soothe bell for the friendship gains.

Marlene was easy. Rotom took out meditite, bronzong took out machoke, and Gabite took down Lucario. Good thing I got that EQ TM and taught it to gabite.

Wake was easy as well. With two electric types and grass knot on bronzong he went down in 3 turns.

Byron was easy as well. Gabite EQd the magneton, empoleon surf on steelix, Gabite EQ on Bastiodon.

Candice was no issue as my teams coverage is very good at this point. Togekiss aura sphere on sneasel, empoleon surf on pilowswine, togekiss flamethrower on abomasnow, empoleon flash cannon on frosslass.

Shockingly got by against Cyrus with no deaths. Thank god. He’s scary in platinum. Probably second hardest to Cynthia.

Volkner was easy with Garchomp wrecking shop with EQ.

E4 was no problem at all until Cynthia. Here’s how her battle went down. Empoleon took down spiritomb, garchomp took out Lucario. Against milotic I used bronzong with grass knot. I knew it would be effective because I tried it last run and it did a lotta damage so milotic must be heavy. She sent out garchomp and I sent out togekiss. I almost took her out but she got a crit dragon rush before I could. Rotom came in to finish her with a shadow ball. Against her togekiss, I used empoleon for ice Beam, but she lived and one shot me with aura sphere. Ouch. I sent in luxray to finish her. For her last Pokémon Roserade, I sent in Bronzong and took it out in 2 psychics. Tough battle but went a lot better than I thought it would!

We’ve finished Sinnoh and are heading back to johto for Heartgold and Soulsilver! Here’s the final team for the platinum run:

:empoleon: Emporio Lvl 59
Surf
Flash cannon
Ice beam
Shadow claw

:luxray: Vulfric lvl 58
Spark
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Return

:togekiss: Cynth lvl 59
Air slash
Aura sphere
Ancient power
Flamethrower

:rotom: Sparky lvl 58
Discharge
Shadow ball
Confuse ray
Charge

:bronzong: Toll lvl 59
Psychic
Grass knot
Gyro ball
Payback

:garchomp: Sandshark lvl 59
EQ
Dragon claw
Crunch
Stone edge

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

Pokémon Leaf Green:
Rhydon
Primeape
Dodrio
Clefable
Starmie
Caterpie

Pokémon Diamond:
Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Skuntank
Medicham
Abomasnow

Pokémon Pearl:
Infernape
Gyarados
Roserade
Hippowdon
Mismagius
Weavile

Pokémon Platinum:
Empoleon
Luxray
Togekiss
Rotom
Bronzong
Garchomp

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Good job beating Platinum! Sounds like you had all the right Pokémon. It'll be neat to see how you build your teams in Johto, since you've already been through that and Kanto a couple times.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Good job beating Platinum! Sounds like you had all the right Pokémon. It'll be neat to see how you build your teams in Johto, since you've already been through that and Kanto a couple times.
Thanks! Yes I’m glad I saved certain Pokémon like bronzong and Garchomp and luxray. Yes these next two runs will be scarce. I’m not sure if you saw the runs for gen 2 but I only play through the E4. Though in these two that will be a tough challenge itself. I’m glad I saved Feraligatr though!

We back in Johto! Let’s get started! I’m glad I saved totodile for gen 4. I pick up jaw the totodile and set out. I catch a sentret on first route as it’s the only possible encounter left there. I go to the next route and catch caterpie. I believe the only option there as well. Which is fine as butterfree is in my pre planned team. After grinding through all the trainers and sprout tower, I take on Falkner. I had butterfree at lvl 12 and totodile at level 14. He was pretty easy. Butterfree 2 shot pidgey with confusion. He then paralyzed pidgeotto with stun spore then I swapped to totodile and para flinch haxed with bite til he went down.

No available encounters until bugsy, so I got the team up to lvl 18 and took him on. Scyther was tough but with stun spore and gust butterfree took it out and swept the other 2.

I’m currently in ilex forest head butting trees attempting to find a pineco. Here’s the team:

:croconaw: Jaw Lvl 18
Water gun
Bite
Headbutt
Leer

:butterfree: Dust lvl 18
Gust
Confusion
Stun Spore
Poison Powder

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Aww, not planning to use Sentret at all? Or saving it for SoulSilver?

I remember that you only went through the Elite Four, sorry for not being clearer. What I meant was that since you've played through the Kanto games and used many Kanto Pokémon, that will further limit your options in Johto, since there are many Kanto Pokémon there as well.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Aww, not planning to use Sentret at all? Or saving it for SoulSilver?

I remember that you only went through the Elite Four, sorry for not being clearer. What I meant was that since you've played through the Kanto games and used many Kanto Pokémon, that will further limit your options in Johto, since there are many Kanto Pokémon there as well.
Haha oh I saved him for soul silver! Furret is definitely a team member in the next run! He’s one of my only options before the first badge lol. Yea that makes total sense. It definitely does make it a lot harder and limit me further.

Finally got my pineco lol. Took forever. Named it Exploco. Went up and grinded against all the trainers before Whitney. I go into the battle with Whitney with butterfree and croconaw as my only two up to par level wise. Butterfree three shots clefairy after taking minimal damage. I stay in for miltank. This got incredibly close to being very bad. She starts roll out. Oh god no. I land stun spore. Yes! But wait.... it has a lum berry. Forgot about that. Well i think I can take another one and I need to paralyze it. So I stay in. The second rollout leaves me with 1HP. Yikes! But then, stun spore misses. Panic time. She’s on the third rollout. I swap to croconaw as I believe I can take the third and fourth decently. I take them barely as don’t do too much with a headbutt. The fifth one will kill no question. Sorry sentret. I was saving you for soul silver anyway. I toss out sentret to become the ultimate sacrifice to a max power rollout. He goes down. Back to croconaw. Now that croconaw is out all she does is stomp. I guess she doesn’t want to go for rollout unless it’s super effective. After a few headbutts and healing, croconaw finishes the battle. That was rough.

I head north and manage to catch sudowoodo. Named Stump. Decent Mon even though I don’t really plan to use it. I go to ecruteak and catch a koffing in the tower with the dogs. I plan to use this for two reasons. 1: weezing is pretty good with a good movepool 2: this guarantees a magmar in soul silver if I take the weezing to the E4. I went and grabbed Eevee from Bill as well. I gave it the soothe bell. I’m thinking umbreon for this run and espeon for soul silver.

Currently grinding up on all available trainers before morty to get the rest of the team caught up. Here’s the current team:
:croconaw: Jaw lvl 26
Bite
Surf
Ice fang
Headbutt

:butterfree: Dust lvl 26
Gust
Poison powder
Stun spore
Psybeam

:pineco: Exploco Lvl 16
Rock tomb
Dig
Bug bite
Payback

:koffing: Sneezing lvl 14
Tackle
Poison gas
Smog
Smokescreen

:eevee: Bill Jr lvl 5
Tackle
Tail whip
Helping hand

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Defeated Morty. Was pretty easy with Jaws bite and Dusts Psybeam. Especially with his gengar missing hypnosis. I went and defeated chuck and jasmine next. Chuck was a bit of a challenge. I couldn’t use butterfree against primeape because it knows rock Slide. So I used forretress and just attacked and healed and after a while he went down. Swapped to feraligatr for poliwrath and took it down with a few headbutts. Got lucky with some flinches in there. Jasmine went down easy. Forretress one shot each magnemite with dig, feraligatr one shot steelix with surf.

Next I went and beat red gyarados and traded in the red scale for the exp share. Beat team rocket in mahogany then took on pryce. Forretress took out seel and dewgong. Feraligatr took out pilowswine. I went and defeated team rocket in goldenrod no problem.

During this whole time I’ve had the soothe belle on Eevee. I was planning for umbreon, but wasn’t paying attention and it evolved during the day so I got an espeon. Oh well. Fine with me. Great Pokémon.

I went to ice path and got my final team member, swinub. Mammoswine is awesome. I reach blackthorn and decide to grind up before the gym. I get all 6 Pokémon to lvl 40 and evolve pilowswine. I take on Claire. Gyarados goes down to one thunder from weezing. Dragonair goes down to a crit ice shard from mamoswine. I two shot the next dragonair with ice shard. For kingdra, I use espeon to sand Attack and heal a few times. After his accuracy goes to hell, I 4 shot with psybeam. I finish the story stuff and victory road and reach the E4. I defeat the rival and grind the team up to lvl 45, except for butterfree who I leave alone at 40. Here’s the squad heading into the E4:

:feraligatr: Jaw lvl 45
Waterfall
Crunch
Ice Fang
Headbutt

:butterfree: Dust lvl 40
Bug buzz
Psybeam
Gust
Stun Spore

:forretress: Exploco Lvl 45
Dig
Rock Tomb
Bug bite
Strength

:weezing: Sneezing lvl 45
Sludge bomb
Assurance
Fire Blast
Thunder

:espeon: Bill Jr lvl 45
Psybeam
Shadow Ball
Swift
Sand Attack

:mamoswine: Mamut Lvl 45
EQ
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Ancient Power

Will up first. Mamut one shots xatu with ice shard. Bill jr two shots slowbro with shadow ball. Mamut two shots xatu with ice shard. Jaw one shots jynx with crunch. Jaw 2 shots exxegutor with crunch.

Koga up next. Espeon one shots ariados with psybeam. Weezing one shots forretress with fireblast. Mamut one shots muk with EQ. Espeon one shots Venomoth with psybeam. Mamut two shots Crobat with ice shard.

Bruno up next. Espeon two shots hitmontop with psybeam after a failed Counter. Feraligatr one shots onyx with waterfall. Espeon two shots hitmonchan and one shots hitmonlee after taking little damage. Swap to weezing for machamp as weezing basically walls him. 3 sludge bombs take him out.

Karen up next. The first DEATH happens here. Forretress takes out umbreon with a few bug bites. Feraligatr is my answer to houndoom. He goes for nasty plot. Uh oh. This could turn to a sweep if waterfall doesn’t one shot. THANK GOD houndoom is frail. Waterfall one shots and he goes down. Vileplume comes in and weezing two shots with a fire blast and sludge bomb. I swap to feraligatr for gengar. He lives a crunch. So I go for another crunch. I did not think ahead. He has freaking destiny bond!!!!! He takes feraligatr down with him. Mamut kills murkrow one shot.

Lance is last. Weezing one shots gyarados with thunder after taking a waterfall. Swap to mamut to two shot the first dragonite with ice shard. Swap to butterfree for death fodder against the second dragonite to heal up Mamut. Mamut comes back in and takes it out with two ice shards. Swap to espeon for charizard. I hit a couple sand attacks and take a chance to heal up mamut and weezing. Charizard lands a crit shadow claw and takes out espeon. Yikes only three left. I send in weezing and finish charizard with thunder. I stay for dragonite and hit a sludge bomb but go down to dragon rush. Was hoping for a poison but no luck. I go to forretress and almost take him out after about 20 turns of attacking and healing. Lance used up all his potions too. So I send in mamut and finish him off with ice shard. His last mon is aerodactyl and I take him out with two ice shards after tanking a rock slide. Game!!

I finished with only mammoswine left. Tough finish to another good run. Soul silver is next and I’m already scouting my team. It will feature sentret as our starter pretty much lol. Updated Ban List below.

Pokemon Red:
Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Victreebell
Ninetails
Machoke
Fearow

Pokémon Blue:
Venusaur
Lapras
Kadabra
Jolteon
Dugtrio
Raticate

Pokémon Yellow:
Pikachu
Nidoking
Sandslash
Hypno
Vaporeon
Onix

Pokémon Gold:
Typhlosion
Pidgeot
Wigglytuff
Ampharos
Slowbro
Miltank

Pokémon Silver:
Meganium
Crobat
Golem
Tentacruel
Girafarig
Ledyba

Pokémon Crystal:
Noctowl
Politoed
Gengar
Quagsire
Venomoth
Psyduck

Pokémon Ruby:
Sceptile
Swellow
Exploud
Flygon
Manectric
Sharpedo

Pokémon Sapphire:
Swampert
Ninjask
Camerupt
Lunatone
Vileplume
Spinda

Pokémon Emerald:
Aggron
Skarmory
Ludicolo
Electrode
Solrock
Illumise

Pokémon Fire Red:
Charizard
Parasect
Arbok
Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Dewgong

Pokémon Leaf Green:
Rhydon
Primeape
Dodrio
Clefable
Starmie
Caterpie

Pokémon Diamond:
Torterra
Staraptor
Floatzel
Skuntank
Medicham
Abomasnow

Pokémon Pearl:
Infernape
Gyarados
Roserade
Hippowdon
Mismagius
Weavile

Pokémon Platinum:
Empoleon
Luxray
Togekiss
Rotom
Bronzong
Garchomp

Pokémon Heart Gold:
Feraligatr
Butterfree
Weezing
Forretress
Espeon
Mammoswine

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Ouch, that must have been nerve wracking. You were doing so well for most of it so I'm glad you pulled out the win in the end.

Good luck with SoulSilver. Relying on Sentret should be...uh, fun. It's not the worst but it's not the best either.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
Ouch, that must have been nerve wracking. You were doing so well for most of it so I'm glad you pulled out the win in the end.

Good luck with SoulSilver. Relying on Sentret should be...uh, fun. It's not the worst but it's not the best either.
Thanks! I know lance gave me much more trouble than I planned. The problem was losing Feraligatr to freakin destiny bond. His ice fang would’ve helped against the dragonites and he could’ve taken on charizard for me.

I’m excited for sentret. Furret can actually learn a ton of moves so early on he should be decent. Of course by end game I may not be relying on him as much.

CONNORmn

Rookie Trainer
We start off by getting our sentret! We name him Dobbs. Shout out to Vinny and Dobbs! His nature reduces attack. That’s not good. He’s bad enough stat wise as is. Now even worse. Oh well. Gotta use him for now. We grind up and take on Falkner. At this point sentret is now a furret at lvl 15 and with enough fury swipes we take him out fairly easy. We head south and reach azalea. On the route just below the cave exit, I purposefully save it for a headbutt encounter. You’ll see why later.
While taking on the rival, I have my first death. Ghastly curses furret. I have to switch after using foresight and quick attack to take it out. I swap to my weedle i caught earlier. I use a turn to heal furret as weedle goes down. Even though it’s death fodder, ya hate to see it. After grinding against rocket and rival, I take on bugsy. Furret is at lvl 20 and I get off a couple defense curls and start to quick attack as scyther goes down. The other two fall quickly.

We go to the forest and get cut and then headbutt. We teach it to furret and come back to the route I mentioned we skipped earlier. We headbutt until we get an aipom. Spearow is banned so I skipped them. I caught aipom. Now here’s why. Now that aipom is outta the way, the only headbutt encounter I can get in azalea town is heracross. And heracross is an absolute beast. We get one there named Beetz. And it’s adamant nature. Best nature for heracross! Plus attack is perfect.

Reach goldenrod and take on Whitney. Heracross one shots clefairy then two shots miltank with brick Break. Easiest Whitney battle ever lol. I head north and reach mahogany. Time for my third mon. I go to burnt tower and get myself a magmar. This was guaranteed because I used up weezing in my last run so the only mon left in there was magmar. We name is Grilled and move west.
My hope was for a tauros here. But we get a meowth. I’m actually okay with this. Persian is good with a decent movepool. After catching him and naming him Gio after the original boss, he has adamant nature too! Definitely happy now. Next route we get a magnemite. Good mon, but can be used better in gen 5 where I can use magnezone. Especially BW2 where he’s available early. I’ll save him for then.

I grind against all possible trainers without surf before taking on Morty. I head back and take on morty. Meowth one shots ghastly with bite. Magmar one shots haunter with faint attack. He two shots the next one with faint attack. I use heracross for gengar. I take a shadow ball well then nearly take it out with shadow claw. I take another shadow ball then take it out. Another good stat for heracross: special defense. He’s actually fairly bulky on the special side.

I head to cianwood. On my way, I fish for my encounter in the middle sea. Route 41 I think. I get a chinchou. This is what I wanted. Great water type with nice electric type too. I name him Bulbs and head to goldenrod. These will be my final 5 mons. I don’t need a 6th. I’ll take a throwaway mon to the E4. Anyway, time for tms. I teach focus blast to magmar. Thunder and blizzard to chinchou. I head back to cianwood and get the meds. I take on chuck while there. Heracross two shots primeape with aerial ace. Lanturn two shots poliwrath with thunder.

Jasmine is next. Heracross one shots both magnemite with brick Break. Lanturn two shots steelix with surf. I head to pryce next. I one shot seel with thunder from lanturn. Heracross two shots pilowswine with brick Break. Lanturn takes out dewgong with two thunders.

I head to goldenrod and take care of all the rocket stuff. At this point, sadly, furret has fallen behind. He can’t pull his weight on the team. Especially with an attack down nature. I’ll keep him around but his level will be much lower as I’m focusing on my main 4 now. Here’s the squad:

:heracross: Beetz Lvl 33
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw
Rock Tomb

:magmar: Grilled Lvl 32
Faint attack
Fire punch
Focus Blast
Confuse ray

:persian: Gio Lvl 32
Shadow ball