The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Hey there Calaf!

What's your favourite video game series outside of Pokemon?

What's your favourite movie?

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Special delivery! 5 questions for a Mr. Calaf!
  1. Do you enjoy spicy food?
  2. Invisibility or Flight; which would you prefer?
  3. What's the biggest waste of money you've bought?
  4. Have any phobias or uncommon fears?
  5. Biggest pet peeve?

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
What's your favourite video game series outside of Pokemon?
Besides the Pokemon series I'm a huge fan of the Ace Attorney games! The characters are awesome, the soundtracks are great and even though Capcom's logic may be a bit sketchy at times, they are very solid visual novel / puzzle games and I really enjoyed playing through them all.
A special shoutout to Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective as well, which I think is just brilliant.

What's your favourite movie?
Oof, that's a difficult one. There's a lot of movies I really enjoyed. The one that first comes to mind is The Green Mile though.
More recently, I watched The Highwaymen on Netflix, which I thought was a pretty good film as well!

Do you enjoy spicy food?
I like some moderately spicy food, but I'm not a fan of really spicy food. To me, it just takes away from the flavor of the food.

Invisibility or Flight; which would you prefer?
Flight would be cool and all, but I'm gonna have to go with Invisibility. Just think of all the things you could do!

What's the biggest waste of money you've bought?
This piece of **** hard drive that broke down after only one and a half year wth Hmmm, I've been trying to think of something, but I can't really think of something significant. I tend to be the kind of person who deliberates infinitely before buying something. The only thing that really comes to mind is the DS game for Open Season, which I bought as a child and then completed in about 10 minutes.

Have any phobias or uncommon fears?
I wouldn't really say it's a phobia, but ever since I got stung by a jellyfish about 10 years ago I'm hesitant to go swimming in the sea.
Also, I never used to be scared of mice, but we had a plague of them once in my student house and I got jumpscared so many times by the *******s that I hate those things with a vengeance now lol.

Biggest pet peeve?
I hate it when I'm in a hurry and then a group of people block an entire hallway walking super slowly. That can really just get my blood boiling.
To some extent, it also applies to similar situations involving bicycles or cars. Maybe I shouldn't always be in such a hurry :thonkazurill: .

These were some great questions! Thanks to both of you @The Griddler and @Rockie!

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Some Phoenix Wright questions for you!

What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you?

Have you played any of the spinoffs like the Professor Layton crossover, Investigations or... that one set in the past that didn't leave Japan and I can't remember the name of?

Who has the best "OBJECTION!"?

Have you ever heard of or played Attorney Online?

AutumnLeafeon

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Autumn
Time Zone
Mountain
Heya! I’ve got some questions to throw your way! :D

1. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
  2. What is something you wish you were better at?
  3. What is your favorite scent?
  4. What is something you can’t get enough of?
  5. What is your favorite television series?

Heh, enjoy answering these questions! I know I had fun coming up with them!

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Some Phoenix Wright questions for you!
Wooo, I'm hyped! Bring it on!

What was the most memorable Ace Attorney case to you?
Ooh, I love this question! I'll put my answer in a spoiler though, even though the original trilogy must be about 15 years old by now, in case anyone still wants to play it (seeing as how a remake of the trilogy will be coming out later this year iirc).
The one that first comes to mind is the last case of Justice for All, the one with Matt Engarde. I loved the plot twist at the end, how it turns out that the person you're defending actually committed the crime for once AND has kidnapped your assistant to ensure your cooperation. That's just brilliant! A very strong ending to what may otherwise just be the weakest entry in the Ace Attorney series.
Aside from that case, the final case of Trials and Tribulations was extremely solid as well, with Godot's backstory finally being revealed.

Have you played any of the spinoffs like the Professor Layton crossover, Investigations or... that one set in the past that didn't leave Japan and I can't remember the name of?
Yes! I've played through the first Ace Attorney Investigations and I'm currently playing through the fan translation of the second, since that game never left Japan either y u do dis Capcom. I've only got the last case left in the latter, so I'm pretty stoked about finding out how the game wraps up. I'll probably get around to that once I finish my current playthroughs of Pokemon.
Sadly, I've never played any of the other spin-offs, or any of the 3DS Ace Attorney games for that matter. Capcom has been making ports for Android for multiple of their games though, so I might play them in the future!

Who has the best "OBJECTION!"?
Winston Payne clearly To me, Edgeworth has the best Objection, although I may be a bit biased from playing the Investigations spin-offs most recently. And then there's Manfred von Karma, whose Objection is just POWER.

I have heard of it, but only vaguely. Either way, I haven't played it yet, although it might be cool to check out sometime! Is it good?

Heya! I’ve got some questions to throw your way! :D
Awesome! :D

1. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
Honestly, I might choose to be a dog. I feel like they have great lives, especially relative to some other animals, as their day consists of eating, sleeping, going for walks and a bit of playing. All in all, you might not be able to do much better as an animal.
On the other hand, that's not very glorious lol, so maybe I'd choose to be a lion instead or something. That'd be cool!

2. What is something you wish you were better at?
I used to have piano lessons as a child, but I never really enjoyed practicing it back then. I stopped when I was about 16. Over the last few years though, I've been starting to appreciate classical music, partly because one of my friends plays in an orchestra and I go to their concerts with some friends from time to time. I can still play the piano decently, but I wish I were better at it so I could play some of the pieces I love to listen to. I might take some lessons again in the future and really pick up playing again.

3. What is your favorite scent?
I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I associate it with the end of months of cold winter weather and the start of spring and summer, so I just get cheerful when I smell it. I also love the smell of apple pie, which instantly makes me feel at home. Finally, I find the smell of burning wood, like from a hearth, to be oddly soothing.

4. What is something you can’t get enough of?
Initially, I thought about food when I read this question, but I don't think there's anything I could eat indefinitely without growing tired of it. I guess the one thing I can't get enough of is music. I love listening to music and I have quite a broad music style, so I never really get tired of it.

5. What is your favorite television series?
There's a lot of tv shows I really love, both comedy and drama, but my favorite tv series has to be Scrubs! In my opinion, it's just the best comedy show of all time. I'm also really hyped for the new season of Game of Thrones, which I'll probably get started on soon pls nobody spoil it's been going so well to avoid spoilers.

Thanks for the awesome questions to both of you @The Griddler and @AutumnLeafeon! I really enjoyed answering them!

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I have heard of it, but only vaguely. Either way, I haven't played it yet, although it might be cool to check out sometime! Is it good?
I'll keep it very brief since the point of this thread is supposed to be you answering questions instead of me, but basically it's about as good as the people you're playing with are. If you have a group of people who are good writers, roleplayers, improvisers and problem solvers, it's absolutely fantastic. If you have someone - particularly in a key role - who is NOT at least two of those things... well... it gets pretty bad real fast.

Thank you for your wonderful answers! I had a lot of fun thinking up the questions for them!

EDIT: SURPRISE QUESTION THINK FAST.

Bagpipes: yay or any?

Last edited:

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Ah, I see. Either way, it sounds pretty interesting to me, so I'll probably check it out soon! Thanks again for the great questions, I had a lot of fun answering them as well! @The Griddler

SURPRISE QUESTION THINK FAST.

Bagpipes: yay or any?
Oh man, I wasn't ready. Think fast, think fast. Uhm.. yay?