Ask Vivid/Apollo Anything! (Vivid Stardust’s AMA)

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to do this, but it should be interesting!

Some Guidelines:

- Do not ask my age, where I’m from, what college I go to, or anything too personal. I don’t feel comfortable answering those kinds of questions.

- I don’t mind answering questions about things I have mentioned on the forums (such as questions about my college experience, gender, and mental health), just be considerate!

- I don’t know much about other members on here or Azurilland (I think the only users I’ve interacted with much are Pendraflare and Dino), so I’m not the best person to ask about that sort of thing. If we’ve interacted a lot, I might be okay with doing questions about that!

I have answered approximately 39 questions!

With that out of the way, ask away!

Last edited:

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
Hey there!

Do you have a favourite band or artist?
Have you ever danced on stage or in front of a relatively large audience?
What do you like the most about doing challenges?
What advice would you give to your 12-year-old self?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hey there!

Do you have a favourite band or artist?
Have you ever danced on stage or in front of a relatively large audience?
What do you like the most about doing challenges?
What advice would you give to your 12-year-old self?
Ah, man, it’s hard for me to choose a favorite band or artist, because I have so many! Some of my favorites are *Luna, nostraightanswer/Lupin, Ling Toshite Shigure, Hitorie, CircusP, The Fray, Afterglow (from BanG Dream!), and several others I can’t think of right now.

Yep! When I was in middle school, I was in Drama Club, and participated in talent shows and such. Since several of the plays we did were musicals, I did quite a bit of dancing! I haven’t been up on stage in years though...the last show I did was Les Miserables in freshman year of high school. I’d love to perform again, as a musician or an actor!

I like the idea of challenges because I like pushing myself to do really tough things! I also like the story aspect of many challenges because I want to be a writer, and I have a few story ideas for challenges in the future! I tend to push myself too hard, and do challenges that are too tough though....

Advice for my twelve year old self, huh...? Well, twelve year old me was actually a lot happier than I am now, but they still had some issues. I guess my advice to myself back then would be: try not to worry about what other people say about you or think about you. I know it’s hard because you want everyone to like you because you like almost everyone, but some people just aren’t going to be nice to you or get to know you. You’re a really good, kind, happy kid, and you deserve better than some of the people you’ll have to deal with in the future. (Also, for reference, you’re asexual/aromantic, autistic, you have GAD, and you have ADHD. Yeah, you should probably go to therapy and get some meds before you get hit with awful stuff in high school.)

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
Hello!

Bellossom or Vileplume??

Do you play any instruments or sing??

Favorite holiday that you celebrate?

Favorite video game besidews Pokemon? :D

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hello!

Bellossom or Vileplume??

Do you play any instruments or sing??

Favorite holiday that you celebrate?

Favorite video game besidews Pokemon? :D
@Ruellia

Bellossom! I mean, how can you not like a Pokémon whose name literally means “pretty flower” in Japanese? (Bellossom’s name in Japanese is Kireihana. Kirei means pretty; Hana means flower.) Vileplume is cool, though!

I actually took piano this past semester (and got an A), so I do play piano, but I’m definitely not a pro! I do sing, mostly for fun, but it’s been a long time since I’ve actually recorded myself singing or done it for a show or anything. I’ve been meaning to get back into singing, and I’m planning on getting a piano or a keyboard in 2019 so I can continue to play!

Okay, this is going to seem weird for an ace/aro person to say, but Valentine’s Day is my absolute favorite holiday! I’ve made handmade cards for my friends, family, and teachers in previous years, and hopefully I’ll be able to do something like that this Valentine’s Day too!

The World Ends With You, Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and Umineko are my absolute favorites, hands down! I tend to like character-focused stories, and all of these games have strong characters. Most of these are murder mystery games and most also involve death games, and those sorts of plots intrigue me. TWEWY, ZE, and Umineko have pretty small, chill fandoms, too! Seriously, Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and Umineko are on Steam, and TWEWY and Ace Attorney are both DS (and TWEWY got a Switch remake). Buy them please!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
Hello! Questions questions :popcornazurill:

1) If you could describe your personality with a colour, what colour would it be and why?

2) If you could pick the next location to base off the next Pokemon game's region, which location would you like to see?

3) If you were on the spot, what would be your go to karaoke song?

4) Have you ever gotten really attached to a Pokemon in the middle of a playthrough? Not before, but only after using it for a bit

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hello! Questions questions :popcornazurill:

1) If you could describe your personality with a colour, what colour would it be and why?

2) If you could pick the next location to base off the next Pokemon game's region, which location would you like to see?

3) If you were on the spot, what would be your go to karaoke song?

4) Have you ever gotten really attached to a Pokemon in the middle of a playthrough? Not before, but only after using it for a bit
@Moxie

1. Hmmm...probably a blue-grey! Blue is a nice, kind color, but it’s also a sad color. Grey can be warm or cool, and it reminds me of overcast days and storms. I think that’s what would fit me!

2. Hmm...a region based on a more mountainous area, like the midwestern US or some areas of Asia would be cool!

3. “Over My Head (Cable Car)” by The Fray. It’s one of my favorite songs of all time, and it’s a song that actually fits my range pretty well.

4. Actually, I’m a bit attached to Visnja (the Seedot) from my Omega Ruby scramble right now! I wasn’t expecting that, but it happened.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I can't remember if you've said this before but have you played a mafia game prior to the one going on right now?
If not, how are you enjoying your experience so far on your first mafia game?
What is it about Over My Head that makes it one of your favorite songs of all time?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I can't remember if you've said this before but have you played a mafia game prior to the one going on right now?
If not, how are you enjoying your experience so far on your first mafia game?
What is it about Over My Head that makes it one of your favorite songs of all time?
I have played one game of mafia before online. It was on the Smogon forums, and it went badly. I was the mafia equivalent of cop, and I was so obviously mafia that I got lynched on day three or so. My teammates berated me for being so bad at the game. We also used to play live versions of mafia when I was younger (usually we called it Werewolf, though), but playing in real life is way simpler than playing online. ><

I’m really enjoying the game of mafia I’m in so far, though! Things are really tense, and it’s hard to tell who’s mafia and who’s not. I’m going to continue to try my best, and hopefully I’ll get to the end!

The lyrics mean a lot to me. They actually reflect something that happened to me in high school, and each line relates to part of what happened to me. Even ignoring that, I relate to the lyrics a lot, and I love the melody and instrumental. I’ve also known the song for a long time. I first found the song in a game called Singstar Pop on the PS2, and I sang the song at a middle school talent show. The song was in a friend’s American Idol game, and when I played the song in the game, I got a perfect score. That’s why I decided to use it as an audition song to get into honor choir in 8th grade. It’s just been one of those songs I’ve always loved.

Last edited:

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
It has been months, but my AMA is still open, so I’m bumping it.

~ bump ~

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Alas! I will bequeath upon you some questions of varying relevance!
  1. Hello how are you in general
  2. What's your favourite type of cuisine?
2b) Do you have a favourite restaurant?
3) What's the dumbest and/or most entertaining thing that's happened to you playing Pokemon?

I also saw you're a fan of many character-heavy games that I also love so I will ask you of our shared interests!
4) Favourite Danganronpa characters? 1, 2 and V3? Hell and 3's Future Arc if y'want.
4b) What do you think your ultimate talent would be?
5) Favourite ZeroEscape characters? 999, VLR and ZTD?
5b) Favourite number? Between 0 and 9 of course heheee.

That is all! Have a FANTASTIC evening.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Alas! I will bequeath upon you some questions of varying relevance!
  1. Hello how are you in general
  2. What's your favourite type of cuisine?
2b) Do you have a favourite restaurant?
3) What's the dumbest and/or most entertaining thing that's happened to you playing Pokemon?

I also saw you're a fan of many character-heavy games that I also love so I will ask you of our shared interests!
4) Favourite Danganronpa characters? 1, 2 and V3? Hell and 3's Future Arc if y'want.
4b) What do you think your ultimate talent would be?
5) Favourite ZeroEscape characters? 999, VLR and ZTD?
5b) Favourite number? Between 0 and 9 of course heheee.

That is all! Have a FANTASTIC evening.
1. I’m mostly okay! I’ve been having a lot of issues with my anxiety, but I’ve been able to get some relaxation time in recently, and things are looking up for my life in general, so yeah!

2. I like Japanese food and Italian food!

2b. Panera Bread tends to be the standby “where do you want to go eat” restaurant for me, but there’s a European restaurant and an Indian restaurant that I really like in my hometown!

3. The most stupid thing that happened while attempting to play Pokémon was probably during my attempted Idolocke “I Won’t Wait For Someday!” Due to severe bad luck, I lost several of my Pokémon, and I had to take on Cheren with only a Patrat with a bad nature. I healed my Patrat, and he was at 32/35 HP or so. Then, Cheren’s Lilipup, who only had one Work Up boost, knocked my Patrat out from almost full health. That was super frustrating for me, especially because I have a bad track record with challenges. Normally, I can blame any problems I run into during playthroughs on my own bad judgement, but that run? That run was lost due to sheer bad luck.

4. Oh, this is a fun one! It’s been a while, but I definitely remember which characters I liked best.

For the original Danganronpa, my favorite characters have always been Sakura, Makoto, and Kiyotaka. Kiyotaka is a lot like me in that he’s a strict rule follower who doesn’t want to believe that his friends would hurt everyone. He believes in Mondo to the very end, and he cares a lot about others, even if the way he shows it comes across as a bit odd. Makoto doesn’t have much going for him other than his optimism, but I think that’s what makes him great. He’s extremely empathetic, and he tries to be friends with everyone even though he knows in his heart that it won’t end well. He has hope for the future, and that’s a trait I want to always emulate.

Sakura...okay, Sakura is one of my favorite characters in the Danganronpa series, period. She is strong physically, emotionally, and mentally. She’s a warrior, and the games aren’t afraid to show it. I think that other than Makoto, she’s the one who fights back against the game the characters are thrown into the most. She fights Monokuma, she doesn’t let anything get the better of her, and she never gives up. She doesn’t let her emotions get in the way of what’s right, but she also doesn’t close herself off like several of the characters do. She lets Aoi sleep in her room when Aoi is scared. Sakura, along with Makoto and Kyoko, is the student that keeps a level head, and she keeps the group together. When Monokuma tells her she has to hurt one of her friends or else, she takes a third option and protects everyone else. She does what she does in order to unite the students together. She is kind, she is tough, she kinda embodies a lot of the things I want to be. I just...I love her, okay?!

For Super Danganronpa 2, my favorites are Peko, Fuyuhiko, Sonia, and Nagito. I also really like Hajime and Ibuki! Peko appears to be a pretty bland character at first, but she’s dedicated to making sure Fuyuhiko is okay throughout the game. She’s awkward, she appears to be cold and mysterious, but honestly, Peko deserves a hug for all the stuff she went through. Fuyuhiko is probably my favorite character in this game, because he has the most development and change. He isn’t afraid to say what he’s thinking, and he comes across as very rude, but when he cares about someone, he REALLY cares, and he isn’t just the tough guy he presents himself as. He still pretty much sticks to his guns about not making friends, and he only really opens up to Hajime, but he still ends up being a team player by the end of the game. Sonia is a really cool girl! She can be a bit naive at times, and she doesn’t have the best social awareness skills, perhaps due to being a foreigner, but she’s also very down to earth despite her quirks. She’s not like Byakuya in that she’s not super haughty and self-focused, but she’s not like the other “normal” characters either. She wants the best for everyone. Nagito...where do I start with Nagito? He’s very similar to Mikan in that he tends to treat himself poorly, and he’s not necessarily in a mentally healthy state. He’s also the person who calls people on their bullcrap, though, and he’s never a pushover. He’s a wild card, much like Byakuya and Kokichi, but I think Nagito is the only one that pulls off the “wild card” role well.

For V3, my favorites are Gonta, Rantaro, Maki, and Kaede. I also have REALLY mixed feelings about Kokichi. Gonta is probably my other favorite Danganronpa character out of the whole series. He’s just a sweetheart, and he wants the best for everyone! He doesn’t know what to do, so he often helps others rather than focusing on his own self-interests. His slight obsession with becoming a gentleman and how Shuichi helps him understand that he doesn’t need to change who he is to be a gentleman is a really nice arc, in my opinion. I’m still mad about the circumstances surrounding Gonta’s death, by the way. Rantaro is interesting, because most of his characterization takes place during the free time events. He cares a lot about his family, and he’s overall a nice person. He doesn’t have some sort of hidden motive like a lot of the other guys in the cast do, and I’d want to hang out with him! Maki is interesting in that she really does get the Kyoko treatment, but her role as Shuichi’s sidekick after Kaede dies isn’t what makes her interesting. What makes her interesting is that despite being an assassin and overall not a very nice person, she hates that the other characters have to be forced through this game. She comments during either the second or third case that nobody should have to go through what the cast is going through, she tries to save Kaito, she’s honest about her assassin nature and knowledge after it’s revealed, and other than Kaito and Kokichi, she doesn’t really try to antagonize anyone. She doesn’t want to make anyone deal with the same burdens she has to deal with. Kaede is similar to Makoto and Sakura in that she’s hopeful and brings people together. She’s also fallible, and she falls right into the mastermind’s trap. She cares about others, and that’s what drives her to attempt to kill Rantaro; she wants the group to live, and if that means killing one person so everyone doesn’t die, then that’s what it means.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the anime or play UDG, so I can’t really comment on characters from there.

4b. My talent would probably be either Ultimate Defender or Ultimate Empath. Ultimate Defender because I want to become a lawyer, and I want to protect people. Ultimate Empath because I really care a lot about others, and I try to cheer people up when they’re upset.

5. Hmm...I really like Luna from VLR (it’s cliche, I know), Phi (VLR and ZTD), Carlos (ZTD), and Junpei in all three games. I love Luna because she is so kind, and she refuses to vote betray, even when it’s not in her best interest. She never acts in a way that can hurt the characters. Yes, I realize that she’s a robot, and she’s probably programmed that way, but her kindness goes beyond mere programming. She doesn’t hurt people because she doesn’t want to hurt people. Phi is sassy, smart, and entertaining to watch. She bounces off of Sigma really well, and she’s the character who honestly thinks things through the most. Carlos is just...he’s a dork who doesn’t really get what’s going on, but he still manages to get Junpei and Akane to work together. He’s focused on helping others, whether it be his sister, Akane and Junpei, or the rest of the cast. He’s my favorite character from ZTD, tbh, and he was the highlight of that game. Junpei is an interesting character overall. In the first game, his strongest motivation is to save Akane, and it shows in all of his actions. In VLR and ZTD, he’s cynical, he’s angry about what Akane has done, and he doesn’t trust anyone anymore, but he still wants to save her. That’s his issue: he’s so focused on Akane and who she was, that he ends up refusing to acknowledge what she has become, and he ends up causing himself more pain because of that.

5b) 7! I really like seven and four.

Thank you for your questions!

Hey Vivid!
Do you like animals? If so which one is your favorite one?
Do you watch movies/TV shows?
What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Hey Mystical!

I love animals! I really like rabbits and bunnies (hence why Scorbunny automatically became my favorite starter from the new region once it was announced). I also like cats quite a bit.

I only watch movies when my family makes me watch them. I’m not a movie person, to be honest. I do watch tv shows, and there’s one or two that I need to watch/get caught up on (like The Good Place), but I don’t have much time to watch tv, so I tend to go for video games and books.

I like watching the rain fall outside, at least for a little bit. If it’s light rain, I like walking or driving in it. I like the smell of rain, the sound of rain, the feeling of rain...I just generally like rain, as long as I’m not walking in the middle of a heavy rain storm!

Last edited:

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hello, I come bearing questions

What's your favorite kind of cereal?

Would you want to play as SK in a forum game again?

What's one role you haven't played yet but would want to try in mafia?

Have you ever played Town of Salem?

Have you ever played EpicMafia?

What's your favorite Pokemon game to use in a challenge playthrough?

What's your favorite Pokemon game to use in a casual playthrough?

Will you get Sword/Shield on release day?

What's your favorite non-Pokemon game?

Where do you think you'll be in 5 years?

Better question, where do you want to be in 5 years? (since sometimes what we think will happen is not the same as what we want to happen)

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hello, I come bearing questions

What's your favorite kind of cereal?

Would you want to play as SK in a forum game again?

What's one role you haven't played yet but would want to try in mafia?

Have you ever played Town of Salem?

Have you ever played EpicMafia?

What's your favorite Pokemon game to use in a challenge playthrough?

What's your favorite Pokemon game to use in a casual playthrough?

Will you get Sword/Shield on release day?

What's your favorite non-Pokemon game?

Where do you think you'll be in 5 years?

Better question, where do you want to be in 5 years? (since sometimes what we think will happen is not the same as what we want to happen)

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Hey Kilza!

I like a lot of different cereals, but my favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries. I’m slightly sad that it’s not available at the dining hall, to be honest.

On the one hand yes because I know how to play that role now, and being the Serial Killer is actually pretty fun in Mafia. On the other hand, though, I’d be worried that I’d accidentally reveal myself as the Serial Killer early on like I did this game. Once I gain more experience with Mafia, I’d like to try the Serial Killer role again, but hopefully I won’t get the role in the next few games. It’s a little stressful to be the SK!

Well considering I have only had three roles in forum mafia before due to only playing three games (Mafia equivalent of Sheriff, Citizen, and Serial Killer), there’s a lot of roles I haven’t played that I want to play. I know this is a bit of an odd role to want, but I’d love to try the Twin role in Mafia! I think it’d be nice to have someone to coordinate with and discuss things with, and the role adds an interesting dynamic to the game. Not that I’ve ever seen it used in Mafia before....

Nope, I’ve never played Town of Salem or EpicMafia before (although I’ve thought about signing up for EpicMafia before).

I mean, that’s a difficult question just because I haven’t ever gotten very far in any challenge playthrough I’ve done. I actually like being forced to use normal types in challenges, though, and I always get excited about using the Shinx line when I attempt to do a challenge in Sinnoh.

For casual playthroughs, again, I haven’t finished any Pokémon games since Black 2. I do remember that way back when I first played HeartGold, I loved using Totodile, and that’s why it’s my favorite Johto starter. So I guess Totodile is my best answer for that.

I’m probably going to do what I did for Sun and Moon as well as USUM and preorder one game and get the other on release day. That worked well for the Gen 7 games, so I think it’ll work out for the new games too.

Hands down, my favorite video game is The World Ends With You! It’s my favorite video game of all time for many reasons, and there’s a lot of happy feelings tied to that game for me because it’s the game that really got me into writing (both original fiction and fanfiction; I had written stuff before I got into TWEWY, but I started writing a lot more after I got into it), and it helped me find my first online friends.

I’m not really sure where I’ll be in five years, to be honest. Let’s see...I’ll probably be in my last year of law school, if everything works out, and I’ll probably have a job and my own apartment. I would hope that I’m in a better place mentally and emotionally, and that I actually have a consistent sleep schedule, but if law school is anything like I’ve heard, my sleep schedule is going to be just as messed up as it is now.

As far as where I want to be in five years, I want to be able to cope with my anxiety, and I want to know who I am, or at least have a general idea. I want to be able to deal with social situations better, and I want to be able to set boundaries without feeling guilty about setting boundaries. I want to be able to create things, write, make music, etc. without my perfectionism getting in the way. I want to be more confident in certain aspects of who I am, and not be afraid of making choices that I know will be best for me and doing what I want to do (as long as the important stuff is done first, of course!). I want to know what’s important to me. I want to be as brave as people tell me I am. I want to help others whenever I can. I want to not feel guilty about making time for myself to relax (because we all know I need time to relax). I want to be happy, of course, but I want to feel secure in my happiness, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

...That was probably way too deep for an AMA answer, but I’m sticking with it.

My answer to the travel question will always be Japan, because while I did live there for three years, it was when I was in preschool, so I don’t remember much. I want to go there because I find Japan and its culture to be really interesting! I’ve been to a lot of places, but I really want to go there.

Last edited:

The Griddler

Dabbing Anime Girl
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Bagpipes: yay or nay?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Well, I’d like more questions, and I’m less busy now, so I’m going to bump this thing!
:winkazurill:

The Griddler

Dabbing Anime Girl
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
With the inquisition out of the way, let me see if I can't think up some other questions to put out there.

What's something that you want to get into but haven't because of a lack of time/resources/etc?

Have you heard of or played Attorney Online?

Would you be tempted to get into a series you previously had no interest in if it crossed over with one you are interested in?

Cake or ice cream?

What's your favourite kind of cheese?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
With the inquisition out of the way, let me see if I can't think up some other questions to put out there.

What's something that you want to get into but haven't because of a lack of time/resources/etc?

Have you heard of or played Attorney Online?

Would you be tempted to get into a series you previously had no interest in if it crossed over with one you are interested in?

Cake or ice cream?

What's your favourite kind of cheese?

Thank you for the questions!

Hmm...well, I’d say Tarot, but I just got my first deck. I wish I had more time to get into certain anime/manga series, like My Hero Academia and Pretty Cure. I just don’t have as much time to get into anime as I did when I was younger. There’s several visual novels I need to finish too, like Steins;Gate. I also wish I had more time and energy to read for fun. I have at least 20 books I want to read....

I think I might have heard of it before...Is it that website where you can make your own Ace Attorney case? Either way, I haven’t really used it.

It’s interesting that you asked that question
, since that’s how I got into Professor Layton and Kingdom Hearts! Professor Layton’s crossover with Ace Attorney and Kingdom Hearts including characters from TWEWY in Dream Drop Distance is how I got into both. I definitely get into certain things through other things, so I guess my answer is yes!

Ice Cream! Cake tends to be too rich or too dry for me to like it more than ice cream, but I still like cake!

I don’t really know...I’m pretty cheese neutral. I do like cheddar, American, and provolone cheese, though!