• Staff Applications

Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
    If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.

Autumnfire Campfire

Jiaozi

Inactive
✜ All Azurilland rules and RP rules apply.
✜ There are no length requirements to the forms, but I will be strictly reviewing them.
✜ Apps must be posted in the Campfire. PM me with any questions!
✜ You are allowed to try again if the form is pending but not if the form is denied. [There was a sentence here that didn't make any sense]
✜ Forms will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. I will accept at most three people excluding myself.
✜ I reserve the right to accept/deny for any reason I see fit.
✜ Post at least once every few days, please. Most people have 15 minutes a day to spare.
✜ Your character is not a new recruit to the guild. As a recommendation, they should be around B-rank and have joined the guild between a month to a year ago.
✜ I do not recommend you have two themes unless you’ve got a good reason for it. Don’t add abilities to your characters just for the sake of it!
✜ Once the group is arranged, I’ll host a general meeting to address some things. I tried to keep what I can short, but I do have quite a bit planned out.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:
For this project, I’ve tried my best to cut down from useless crap and just convey what I feel like is absolutely necessary. Feel free to ask me any questions about anything related to further exposition, I’ll be happy to provide it. This project has a lot of planning going on behind the scenes, so I’m sure I can answer any question you have!

For those thinking of applying, keep the application short and sweet, alright? I want to make this RP easy to apply for, so there’s no need to make everything absolutely beautiful and perfect and extravagant. I just want to know what character you’re cooking up! I will be accepting and denying on how well I think your character would fit into the party; don’t be that guy who makes the super edgy character.

If you’ve joined the party, I will do my absolute best to make sure this will be a fun experience for you. I’ve given a lot of thought to how I want this to progress and how this will be paced, but above all else, I want to make sure that you’re feeling comfortable with what you have to do.

With that being said, please consider applying :)

Name: Name!

Appearance: Picture not necessary but encouraged!
Personality: Remember to not contradict yourself!

Brief Bio: Unless you really have an idea on what you want your character to be like, keep the brief bio brief. I want to work with you about backstory if your character is accepted.

Theme: You’re only limited by your creativity! Please include a description of what you can do as well!
Weapons/Equipment: Weapons or equipment! Put "N/A" if not applicable!

Other/Text Color: Anything else? Text color is recommended!

Last edited:

Jiaozi

Inactive
Name: Ezra (?)
Appearance:
Personality:
Given any free time not out taking on quests, Ezra’s the type to comfortably plot himself down with a book and read. By all definition, Ezra’s a studious history buff with a fiery passion in both learning and exploring. Once he starts talking, his enthusiasm is contagious; however, although Ezra is studiously intelligent, he's not the best at putting two and two together. Often, he’ll forget to give out information that seems obviously useful.

In the party, Ezra’s the type to make the final decision when the group reaches impasse. If he has an idea, he’ll speak his mind. As a direct consequence, Ezra—along with assistance from Yazmin—keeps the group’s finances in check.

Ezra’s generally polite, but he’s also pretty damn competitive. In the back of his mind, Ezra’s always comparing himself to his older brother. Hard work, in Ezra’s eyes, is a prerequisite in the game of the guildmages. He’s unbelievably driven to get better, but his adamant resolve sometimes translates into rash stubbornness.

Ultimately, Ezra does care about his party and would willing sacrifice himself for their sake. Ezra is also pretty smart. He's a historian after all.

Brief Bio:
Ezra and his older brother, Asher, were orphaned when Ezra was six years old. Seeing no other choice, Asher took the initiative to go to Holliville’s guild, Autumnfire, for help. Fortunately for the siblings, having themes meant that they could grow up into adventurers. Having been in the guild for the vast majority of his life, Ezra’s progress has been slow compared to his brother’s. Undeterred, he strives to work hard and have fun while doing so.

Theme: Mudslide
Ezra is can change his non-essential organs into mud, produce mud from his organs, and control muddy terrain. For this reason, the group’s gear is always really clean.

Weapons/Equipment: Ezra carries several items that may be useful on an adventure. In particular, he has ropes, a knife, and a fire starting kit. Nothing for combat, though.

Other/Text Color: text color? this one!
Ezra is surprisingly knowledgeable about this world. You should ask him questions that you have about the guild, the government, and etc.

Last edited:

Resolute

Really Useful Engine
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Name: Martin Geronimo Cashmere

Appearance:

He stands at 5'10'' and wears leather boots.

Personality: Martin is goofy, but passionate. He approaches every problem with a youthful optimism and vigor. He is confident in his physical, magical, and mental abilities, but is always looking for new ways to aim for the top and challenge himself. Martin loves his work as a member of the guild, and views every job as an adventure. He's friendly and loyal to his friends and superiors.

Martin thrives in social environments. He loves getting to know people and striking up a good conversation, and often is considered "the life of the party". Martin is especially good at using what he knows to blend into a crowd or to persuade someone for information while on the job.

That being said, Martin has a certain degree of naiveite from his childhood that hasn't gone away. His confidence in himself can also quite easily transform into overconfidence if he lets himself get carried away, though he's usually pretty good at keeping this in check. He can be reckless, and can throw himself into situations that are either incredibly dangerous or just downright stupid.

Brief Bio: Martin grew up in Wintergreen, a pretty remote lumbering town of about 2,500 connected to the rest of the world by a single road. His family, the Cashmeres, were well-off and were known for raising some of the best guildmages that the town had ever seen. He was the only child of the youngest of the current adult generation of Cashmeres, a man named Matthew.

Martin's father (and mother, Susan Whitcross, who was a hunter-mage - its a long story) taught him everything he knows about fighting. He learned archery from his mother and honed his magic and physical skills with his father. They both nurtured and encouraged him in a positive manner, despite some...unfortunate circumstances.

Here's the problem. The family heads of the Cashmeres were angry that Matthew married a woman from a rival family, so they excluded Martin from being accepted as an apprentice at the Cashmere-controlled guild Stonedragon. His relation to his father, however, excluded him from being accepted by his mother's family for similar reasons. This pushed Martin to be the best he could possibly be. He wanted more than anything to be a guildmage. If he couldn't work for Stonedragon, he'd go somewhere else and show his cousins what for.

Due to its prestige as the #4 guild and its pleasant atmosphere compared to some of the other top guilds, Martin left Wintergreen at 18 to try out for Autumnfire. The rest is history.

Geronimo Juice (Theme): Martin can conjure up basketball-sized balls of a Listerine-colored liquid that he calls "Geronimo Juice". The ball levitates above his hand until he magically launches it in a certain direction or dismisses it. Martin can either make the juice make whatever it touches into a trampoline (with the strength of the trampoline dependent on how much of his magical energy he uses to make it) or into a putty that sticks fast to whatever it touches. He can only make about 4 or 5 gallons worth of material at a time and can produce a total of 10 gallons before he needs to rest for about a half a day. Martin believes that there may be properties for Geronimo Juice that he hasn't discovered yet.

Sixth Sense (Passive): Marty possesses a rare passive ability to sense magic and magical items. He can "see", if you will, the magic energy produced by someone or something and can sometimes remember how certain peoples' energy feels. This can be used to size up an opponent or track the location of a friend, although the latter takes a great deal of concentration. Marty's range for using Sixth Sense is about 50 yards in any direction around him.

Weapons/Equipment: Martin carries a longbow with a quiver for bolts on his back. He wears light leather armor with a hood that he keeps down when not on the job. He also carries two small daggers.

Other/Text Color: Martin will speak and think in #6fa87d. His theme song is "Right Now" by Van Halen.

Last edited:

Godot

Tactician
AKA
Connor, Godot, Mir, Godet, Mimir, Wise
Time Zone
Central Time
Name: "Octavian Franklin MacDonald, just call me Octavian. It's better for everyone that way."
Rank: "Ah, now you're asking the important questions. I'm rank B,"

Appearance: "And we're back to being asinine. If you absolutely must know, my eyes are green. My hair is black. I'm roughly five foot nine. More often than not, I wear sunglasses, because I like the aesthetic. My clothing is usually a leather jacket, jeans, and a t-shirt. I almost always wear boats. other defining features include a beard and ten gallon hat."
Personality: "I've been told that I'm difficult to work with. Cold, calculating, usually putting code or my own well being above that of others. I don't generally like people, they're a pain. That said, striking out on my own is also not preferable. I do well enough with commands, but don't expect me to ask how high every time I'm told to jump. I prefer to do things my way and be left to my own devices, but when forced to ugh... Interact with others, I will complain, may even insult them. If you think I'll just roll over because you out rank me, you're wrong."

Brief Bio: "Brief. Ha! Sure I'll keep it brief for ya. I'm the rebellious type. Worked as a mercenary for a while, joined the guild just about three or four months back. I preferred to bring in my targets dead, collect the bounties and move on. The guild is different from what I expected. I'll be honest, I do much better when allowed to go whole hog. I was briefly trained in medicine, I didn't like using that knowledge though. It was rather useless to my trade. My parents, well I never knew them well enough for them to qualify. I'm told my father was a criminal, mother too. I was raised on the streets from a young age."

Theme: "While it doesn't have a name at the moment, I'm able to cast healing spells with great ease. Almost like the magic just comes off me. I'm not sure how to describe it. It takes time and a bit of effort but if you were to wound me I'd eventually heal provided it wasn't lethal. I suspect that if I had reason to, I'd be capable of healing a teammate from near-death to relatively fine. That said, I would prefer not finding out. So please don't get harmed too much in my presence."
Weapons/Equipment: "I like swords, they make for great stabbing and cutting implements. Especially this one that I carry at my side. It's a nice sharp blade, wickedly shaped. Probably doesn't need all those spikes coming off the hilt, but I like it. It sends a nice message to not mess with me. I carry throwing knives as well, just so I'm not completely useless at a range. My armor is relatively light."

Other/Text Color: "I speak in this color. If you couldn't already gather that. And my theme song is this"

Jiaozi

Inactive
Res, your form is pending!
Only issue I have rn is that Holliville isn't really close to a cold, remote area.

Godot, your form is denied. Sorry! I'm not looking for a hyper-edgy solitary assassin-type in the party :(

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine

Name: Arietta (Ari) Evelyn Holloway

Appearance: Ari is considered a petite figure, standing at 5'3". Despite her size, people mistake her for being a few inches taller because she maintains good posture. She has medium-length platinum blond hair that she prefers to keep in a ponytail, tying it up with a large bow. Her large blue eyes and pale skin are defining characteristics that she takes pride in.

Ari's preferred combat outfit consists of a blue blouse and a pale green miniskirt. In colder weather, she also wears a set of long gloves and a long, royal blue cloak.
Personality: Arietta tends to be observant in new situations, assessing what is around her and making note of anything that could be useful. She is often not the first in the room to greet someone, though she opens up and becomes more talkative after being addressed. Those who interact with her say that she is sweet and pleasant. She is also known for being especially affectionate to her closest friends and to her dinocorn familiar, Selene. However, it is easy to tell when Ari becomes annoyed, as she will prefer to give short and snappy responses that contrast her usual demeanor. This usually happens when people do not notice or agree with what seem to be basic facts for her.

Ari is a curious soul, unafraid of testing possibilities. On missions, she is normally the one who will try to come up with unorthodox solutions whenever the team gets stuck. She has an optimistic outlook on her work - to her, anything can be done if people think hard enough. However, this may lead to undesirable side effects - she focuses so much on solving a particular problem that more important priorities like safety become lesser concerns in her mind.

Brief Bio: Ari was born as the third and youngest daughter of Ellen and Gavin Holloway. Her family grew up in Gyesta, a small, wooded city that housed the renowned all-female guild Shimmershade. Since only Ari's father possessed a theme, only Ari and her oldest sister, Muriel, inherited magical abilities. Her middle sister Katrina, on the other hand, made up for her lack of magical power with her intelligence.

As a child, Ari enjoyed accompanying her father and Muriel on their hunting trips. It was amazing for her to see how they could use their magic to their advantage, tricking the prey to get their easy shots. Ari had even met her beloved familiar, Selene, during one of these trips, finding the poor dinocorn injured and helpless on the side of the path. After nursing Selene back to health, the two were never seen without each other in public. Meanwhile at home, Ari learned the basic academic skills from her mother and Katrina, but she found this work to be much more boring than the adventures and practical skills gained from hunting.

Muriel joined Shimmershade when she became old enough, while Katrina continued her education at a university in Gyesta. When Arietta came of age, she also wished to train her theme further at a guild. However, a tour of Shimmershade combined with Muriel's stories of its drama made her decide against joining that guild - it just wasn't the atmosphere for her. Instead, she chose Autmnfire out of the ones that had accepted her because it felt welcoming to her and ambitious in its goals. Ari has happily remained in Autumnfire for five full months, hoping to make good memories in the many years to come.

Theme: Shadows. Arietta can bend shadows to her will, shaping them into whatever she wishes - animals, food, weapons, etc. The shadows will act and hurt just like the real thing. When taking shadows from areas, the places will look odd - as if their shadows have been stolen - until she dismisses the shadow. She also has the ability to stack shadows, creating larger objects out of many smaller pieces.

Though she has the ability to essentially create unlimited supplies of food, team members will only use shadow-food as a last resort. Ari's cooking is atrocious, which makes the shadow-food taste just as bad!
Weapons/Equipment: A staff (seen in image) that produces a ball of light when channeling magical energy through it. This can be used to light paths and create more shadows where light sources do not exist. She also prefers to create bows and arrows with her shadows, as she has extensive experience with them from hunting at an early age. She has decent but much weaker training with other weapons.

Selene, Ari's familiar, helps out in missions by acting as a scout and sensing danger.

Text Color: #6495ed

Flo

Half-Genie Hero
Time Zone
BST
Name: Yazmin Baffalos

Appearance:
lightnin.jpg

Personality: Yazmin is very by-the-books and logical, no doubt legacies from her military days. Yazmin respects power and the logical chain of command, but is not afraid to step up if need be. In regards to how she interacts with people, she generally prefers to keep her problems to herself, which can occasionally give her an impression of deeming other people not worthy of solving her troubles. While this may be true for her own issues, Yazmin is usually ready to drop whatever she is doing to help other people, whether that be an ally or an enemy. She does not hold grudges and believes that you stop being foes once the fight is over.

Beyond that, Yazmin is very confident in herself and in her abilities, which may also translate to arrogance. In addition to this, in situations where she is incapable of solving an issue with her skills, she'll often mentally close off and follow orders she's given. This is due to a lack of creative flexixiblity and very little ability to think outside of the box.

Brief Bio: Yazmin wouldn't be able to tell you about her birth family; as she was raised by a well-off noble who lived just outside Valmer Shades, a primarily military town. Yazmin was raised on the virtues of the military, and joined as soon as she was able. However, after seeing past the propaganda and golden glitz, she realised that the internals of the military were grimy, tainted with corruption and lacked whatever it was she was looking for. Worst of all, the Captain of her division, one Hyacinth Sharron, was the epitome of everything wrong. Lazy, arrogant, cruel. It was too much.

Yazmin left the military and sought to use her skills in another way, and joining a guild made the most sense. Yazmin spent time researching her options, and primarily chose Autumnfire out of a selection of up-and-coming guilds. That was around 11 months ago.

Theme (Feeling Double): Yazmin can create translucent copies of herself to perform a single task. Each copy is exponentially weaker than the one before and she can only maintain up to 4 at a time. However, these copies have all the knowledge Yazmin does and can perform complex tasks efficiently. In combat, Yazmin typically uses them to perform single strikes then dissipates them to preserve her energy or to take blows for her.
Weapons/Equipment: Yazmin takes pride in her bladework, and her sword is always kept in pristine condition. Verge (as shown in image) is almost always found on her person. Yazmin refuses to wear armour, relying on her Resistance and the lack of common Skysteel weaponry to protect her.

Other/Text Color: Yazmin will speak in #9b3bcc.

Franciscosta

Cool doggo
Cabin 2
Name: Frederick Correy Padwood

Appearance:
1542938781144.png

Personality: Fred's the very definition of lazy, meaning he will often take the least effort solution to any problem. He'll ignore anything that doesn't hurt him right away, which sometimes gets him into trouble; if not with his enemies, then with his teammates. Without much energy to spare, Fred is often found laying around doing one of his signature naps. However, during the rare times he's doing something he likes, he suddenly transforms into an unstoppable machine, only stopping after either his work is done, or he falls asleep (the latter being the most frequent).

However, behind his carefree attitude is a person who loves to learn and explore. He particularly enjoys taking in the scenarios of the places he visits, collecting information about different cultures and ways of life. His curiosity is unrivaled, and it often "kills the cat", as Fred's common sense appears to vanish every time it is piqued.

An optimist at heart, Fred believes everything will work out OK, though it's unclear if that's because it means less effort for him. Together with his creativity he's able to find unusual ways to solve his problems, or to just avoid them altogether. His passive nature doesn't translate well into friends, but whenever he trusts someone, they can surely trust him back, as he's very protective of his partners. That doesn't mean he won't take some time out of his day to tease them, though.

Brief Bio: Fred humble beginnings take place in the outskirts of Holliville. His childhood was fairly uneventful as far as childhoods go: he made a couple of friends, played a lot, and caused just as much trouble. As an only child, had to find ways to entertain himself, so he'd often spend time exploring the forest around his house, though he almost always got carried away and ended up wandering too far.

As he grew up, his treks into the woods started getting longer and longer; there would even be times where his trips would take more than one day. During those expeditions Fred picked up an interest in botany, and especially herbology. Every time he came home he'd be loaded with new plants and flowers, which he'd then take to his room and spend the rest of the day examining, much to the pleasure of his mother, an herbologist herself. Together with her, Fred's knowledge grew deeper and deeper, as he eventually started helping her.

Expedition and research seemed to form an endless cycle; however that would not last, as at some point, Fred's adventures suddenly stopped. What sparked this event is unknown, but whatever it was, it was effective. Fred seemed to start avoiding the forest altogether, taking the long trip around it whenever he needed to cross it. He still helped his mother, but considerably less often, since the inactivity lead to him slacking a lot more.

One day during a trip to town, Fred saw an advert for the Autumnfire guild. He didn't think much about it at first, but the thought followed him all the way to his house, where it prevented him from sleeping. It made sense given his current circumstances; the herbs business wasn't the most profitable, and money was tight. Plus, his mother was getting older, and he couldn't burden her any longer than he already did. A couple of restless nights later, he made his decision.

His first 10 months in the guild were rough, but provided a good learning experience to Frederick. He adapted his herbology talent to be more useful in the field, and he also started practicing fighting with a knife. Eventually he settled into the busy lifestyle, and while he still only did the least amount of work necessary, his effort to make something out of himself didn't waver.

Theme: Take your time - Fred has the ability to alter the flow of time, be it either slow it down or speed it up. His ability will only affect himself, and has some limitations, as he's only able use his theme for short amounts of time, which can span from about one minute to a couple of seconds considering how much time is slowed or sped up.
Weapons/Equipment: Fred usually carries a small hunting knife with him, and also his trusty pouch, which is usually filled with all kinds of herbs and junk since he doesn't have the habit of cleaning it up often.

Other/Text Color: His text color is #195d19.

killthescarecrow

Burning Insomniac
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
Mountain
Name: Braizen

Appearance:
Braizen stands at 5’11
Personality: Braizen is quite a curious adventurer. He rushes at the first sight of excitement to get a glance or get involved. He loves learning more about the world and people around him. He is outgoing and friendly sometimes to the point of annoyance, being a bit too over-enthusiastic for some people to handle. He has a child-like sense of wonder of the beautiful world around him, and somewhat naive, thinking everyone always has the best of intentions. Him being a little too trusting will most likely cause him to get hurt in the future, but until that happens he has no reason not to trust people. He’s spontaneous and makes decisions on a whim, to go and experience new things, and experience everything. He may seem child-like in some cases, but he can hold his own and is quite a good negotiator to get what he wants.

Brief Bio: Braizen is a descendant of a nomad tribe who would travel mainly around the desert. His parents are alchemists and archeologists who love to study the history of themes, which is where Braizen gained his over-curious personality.

Theme: Elemental Storm. Braizen has the ability to manipulate the elements around him (fire, earth, air, water/ice) to fight and manipulate the weather, such as creating sandstorms and tornados. He is most skilled in fire and earth elements, but not very skilled in the water element.
Weapons/Equipment: N/A

Other/Text Color: Text colour will be orange.

Last edited:

Jiaozi

Inactive
holy forms
let's get down the decisions

Res, your form has been accepted.
In every stereotypical fantasy party, we always have the one energetic, bright character charging into the fray with little heed to caution. That’s not to say that stereotypes are bad; I think the reason that archetype is so prevalent is for its ability to set up situations and also because these people are fun to be around.
Glad to have you on board!

Regine, your form has been accepted.
No one’s surprised that you’re going to write up a good form, but what I like especially about your character is that you’ve written the heart of the party. In any group of friends, there’s always that one particularly nice friend. Many RP characters imitate their authors, and I think it’s always a pleasure to have you here!

Flo, your form has been accepted.
I love this what the heck
When I read Res’s and Regine’s forms and put that together with my own character (which, ironically, has not been written up yet), I realized our party was missing something. I couldn’t put my finger on it; I didn’t want a hyper-edgy type character, but we seemed to be lacking a certain, uh, seriousness? Anyway, I think your character fills that hole I didn’t know how to fill perfectly. I was hoping only one person would take a risk and make their character either A or C class, and I think you do a wonderful job justifying that rank.
Love it. Welcome aboard.

To the rest, thank you for the effort your put in. I really appreciate you taking time out to write something up for this story, but I added in the “first come first serve” rule so I can make my decision easier.
Thank you guys so much!

Same as Kat for me. Wish I could have joined but I had/have other priorities plus I may lack that kind of on-the-spot creativity. But yeah, I'll be reading it ^^