Randomizer Azurill Rescue Squad - An Explorers of Sky Randomized Challenge

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy

Only WE can save Azurill
*Stupid banner by me

Once upon a time two dorks really cool people on Discord saw a Drowzee and rightfully declared it evil. Heartbroken for the plight of an unfortunate Azurill, they took it upon themselves to be the heroes Azurill needs. Thus, the Azurill Rescue Squad was formed.

This is a randomized playthrough of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It is also my first time playing Sky, though I've played Time many times, so bear with me if I don't know how to use the new features at first lol.

The difficulty of this game has been increased through randomization. The randomized aspects of the game include:
  • The starter and partner Pokemon
  • Pokemon found in each dungeon
  • The moves, abilities, and IQ group of each Pokemon
  • Items that appear in the dungeons
  • Appearance and music of each dungeon
That last point is purely cosmetic, but the others should make this an interesting playthrough. I have full faith, however, that Ravey and I will be able to save Azurill......... and maybe the whole world. :coolazurill:

Yes hello it returns I'm going to post the updates on Azuri over here let's do this

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
It was a dark and stormy night.

…But that isn’t really that important right now. Forget the ~mysterious~ scene of someone getting swept up by a storm. Everyone please turn your attention to…
…this precious who wants to join an exploration team but is rightfully startled by the creepy identification process to get in. I’m pretty curious who they would reject tbh but whatever. Even with his personal treasure to motivate him, Ravey just can’t work up the courage to go into the sp00py Wigglytuff building.
And so he headed down to the beach to comfort himself by watching the Krabby blow bubbles. :pensiveazurill:
But WAIT!!!
What is… that… over on the sand… a collapsed… pink… blob… (spoilers: it me)
Ravey runs over, very concern, and screams in my ear or something until I wake up. He tells me I am not, in fact, a Totally Normal Human™ but a Clefable??? I’m not really sure what the heckie is going on here, but okay, sure. I’ll play along and introduce myself.
We’re about to Very Scientifically work out this weird situation when some jerkfaces show up and shove Ravey like what the HECK didn’t your mothers teach you any manners? Anyway they do a Totally Not Cool thing by taking the weird rock Ravey was carrying around. :madazurill: I can’t just let that slide, so of course I agree to help him go after them to get it back!!!
We head into Beach Cave…………… which does not look……………. How I expected a cave on the beach to look.
There are Pokémon ready to FITE (ง •̀_•́)ง so the clear first order of business is to find out what kind of COOL POKÉMON MOVES I know now that I’m a Pokémon.
O-Oh……… ok. Well, at least I’m not here on my own—
Uh. O-ok…

I am quickly 500% sure that Ravey only brought me along for moral support bc IT TURNS OUT that Future Sight is actually?? Really good in this game?? It sets his damage to 30 ALL THE TIME so basically gg everything in Beach Cave gets OHKOd. He also learns Submission while I just learn Toxic Spikes so uh… I’m gonna just… sit back and cheer him on…

Beach Cave is filled with Transforming Furrets, Milk Drink Ivysaurs, and Vileplumes that use FLARE BLITZ??? Somehow we make it all the way to the depths of the cave, clutching onto a Prism Ticket because there are literally no useful items here.
All this fighting has gotten Ravey ALL KINDS OF WORKED UP so he tells Koffing and Zubat off and we are ready to GO. Zubat gets knocked out in a couple of turns and then… uh…
RIP me. I’M HOLDING YOU BACK SORRY. ; ;
We head back in, and THIS time we know who the REAL threat is, so we deal with Koffing quickly so Zubat is ez mode. Ravey gets back his personal treasure, and all is right with the world!! I mean, except that I’m still mysteriously a Pokémon?

Ravey tells me about his Relic Fragment and how he wants to join an exploration team and—
DANG I LOVE MYSTERIES YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO GET A GIRL’S INTEREST
Who could say no to that face tbh. >.<
Yeah same idk why but I get this feeling that wE’VE GOT AN AZURILL TO SAVE. LET’S DO THIS. :coolazurill:
I, uh, forgot to get screenshots of our moves and levels at the end of Beach Cave because there isn't really a good time but I believe we were both level 11 and Ravey knows Meditate, Future Sight, and Submission while I know Gravity, Toxic Spikes, and Bide. In other words, I'm useless! Yay!

Last edited:

Vesphira

=^.^=
AKA
Ves
Time Zone
EST
First off, I like your stupid banner. *giggle* Secondly, I've never played any mystery dungeon stuff, so this is kind of new and interesting to me. Good luck on your adventure! =)

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Hey, Ves! I like my stupid banner too, tbh. ;D The Mystery Dungeon games aren't for everyone, but they're a blast and have a lovely story (especially Sky) that I definitely won't be doing justice here. If you have an interest, I'd definitely recommend them! C:
With a new goal in mind, Ravey and I marched over to Wigglytuff’s Guild.

Someone had decided it would be brilliant to build into the side of a cliff (which seemed like a terrible idea for many reasons), and the giant Wigglytuff entrance seemed tacky, but beggars can’t be choosers. With some hesitance, Ravey approached the grate.

A mysterious voice quickly identified him by his footprint (which is pretty creepy if you ask me) and ordered me up to the grate next. Now, I don’t want to say that I was getting cold feet, but there probably would be a draft coming up from that grate, so…

Ravey was looking at me very expectantly, however. Once again I say “who could say no to that face tbh >.<” so I step up onto the grate.

Annnnd I proceed to confuse the heck out of the sentry. NICE. I get identified as “maybe Clefable” and granted entry even though Clefable is apparently nonexistent around these parts. I guess all this security is really just for show if they basically let anyone in regardless.

We’d barely been able to climb down the ladder into the guild when some bird came to chase us off.

EXCUSE YOU do I LOOK like a salesperson? I couldn’t sell an apple to a starving Munchlax. Thankfully Ravey manages to explain to Chatot (self-proclaimed “Pokemon in the know”) that we came to apprentice at the guild. He rather loudly mutters some discouraging comments about how rigorous the life of an apprentice is then just as quickly ushers us down to meet the Guildmaster.

I’m having some regrets.

What, is he gonna eat me? Was the entrance being a Wigglytuff building symbolic? Regrets intensify. o_o

Thankfully Wigglytuff may be a little eccentric but he doesn’t seem like the type to eat humans-turned-into-pokemon or even like regular Pokemon so that’s good. Apparently all we really need to do to register as a team is come up with a name. Ravey decides to trust me to pick one. A horrible decision, really.

I guess he likes it, though, so uh nice. The Guildmaster gives us a nice little box of stuff and we’re officially apprentices!!!

Look, we’re still working on our poses, okay?

Chatot shows us to our room, and Ravey is excited we have beds. Are beds a luxury in this world??? I know beggars can’t be choosers, but a little hay on the ground doesn’t seem like anything to get excited about??? Oh well.

This whole turning into a Pokemon thing has me mildly stressed but I got the cutest new friend out of it, so I guess it’s not all bad. :blushazurill:

Morning comes, and we are rudely awakened by a loud voice SCREAMING in our EARS. Apparently we were already running late for some guild shenanigans no one told us about but THANKFULLY as a Pokemon you don’t have to worry about like putting on clothes or whatever. I’d really have preferred not to acknowledge that, but in this case it’s certainly a convenience because we can just rush out as we are.

We do some weird cult-like chanting then everyone goes on their way. Chatot notices that Ravey and I don’t have a CLUE what they HECK we’re doing and leads us up to a bulletin board covered with job postings. THAT means it’s time for some cool exploration work!!

...Or maybe not. A job’s a job, I guess. Better than sitting around worrying about whatever Ravey and Chatot just said about bad Pokemon and time being out of whack. A lot of things about this world are out of whack if you ask me.

Our underwhelming job in hand, we head out to Drenched Bluff to retrieve Spoink’s pearl.

Drenched Bluff doesn’t look quite so drenched on the inside. It’s nothing particularly, exciting, either……….. Aside from SACRED FIRE HOPPIP.

Oh also I picked up a TM for Grass Knot which I could learn so I have an actual offensive move now BLESS.

Other than the previously mentioned SACRED FIRE HOPPIP we have no trouble traversing this so-called Drenched Bluff and we manage to retrieve Spoink’s pearl. Success!! :coolazurill:

We head back to the guild and meet with Spoink to return the pearl and collect our reward, which happens to include quite a bit of money. I’ve already got my retirement 90% planned when Chatot takes our earnings and removes the “guild fee” which is HIGHWAY ROBBERY TBH.

We don’t feel bad AT ALL stuffing our faces at dinner because I mean I’m pretty sure we more than paid the cost of the food. With full bellies, we head off to bed.

Ravey is too good for this world btw #TeamPunkinboo4Eva

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Wow...
Uh...
Good Luck?
By the way, hi.

PIKMANZ Forever

Pikmin-Obsessed Nerd/Geek Guy.
AKA
Alex.
Hm. I never knew you could really randomize PMD. :0 (Well. I might have but it didn't stick with me lol)

I gotta try that sooner or later lol. (I kinda like exploring dungeons for some reason)

And good luck!

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
@Greninjaman: Thanks! And hi!
@PIKMANZ Forever: Yeah! It's only for EOS as of now, but it's pretty neat and had been fun.
Come morning, Chatot brought us to the bulletin board on the other side… where bounties for outlaws are posted.

Even with that reassurance that there were weaker options, we were still feeling a little iffy about this whole thing. Chatot decided it might be a good idea for us to have a tour of town and get a lay of the land but couldn’t squeeze us into his busy schedule I suppose because he called for Bidoof to do it.

He started out by showing us around the guild…

Then led us out to Treasure Town, where Ravey was the one who gave me a tour.

Our last stop was the Kecleon Market to see what sort of neat items were for sale. It was there that we met a couple of absolute cuties who had come to buy an apple.

Sweet little Azurill dropped his purchase as they made their exit, so like any good citizen I picked it up to give it back………. And that’s when it happened.

Dizziness. A cry for help. When I finally came too, it was life as usual in Treasure Town, and no one else seemed fazed at all by what I had just heard.

I asked Ravey if he heard a scream, but he and the Kecleon brothers were both totally confused. ; ; I didn’t really have any basis to argue so I agreed to head back to the guild with Ravey. On the way, we ran into little Marill and Azurill again, this time talking to a Drowzee.

Apparently they had been looking for a lost item, and he had some kind of lead on it. How nice! Other than this weird feeling I was having about all this.

As they headed out, Drowzee bumped into me, and there it was again - the dizziness. But it wasn’t just a scream this time, it was a vision.

I immediately relayed my concerns to Ravey, but he thought Drowzee seemed like a nice Pokemon.

I tried to insist, but even I had to admit that I didn’t have much to go off of - just a vision and a gut feeling. Without grounds to push the issue further, I grudgingly agreed to return to the guild.

That meant it was time for Bidoof to help us pick our first outlaw to catch… after a quick Windows bulletin board update.

When the board flipped back over, my bad feeling was confirmed. Because there’s only ONE Drowzee in this world duh. Ravey and I rushed off, leaving a confused Bidoof behind. Luckily, we ran into Marill outside, and he confirmed our fears - Drowzee had disappeared with Azurill. We rushed off to the place Marill had lost track of them.

We were both motivated and determined to save Azurill as soon as possible…

But, unfortunately, things wouldn’t be quite that easy for us. It seemed pretty clear that we would have to do some training… which may or may not have included eating a sketchy seed that inexplicably raised my level by 5. It’s better if you don’t question it too much.

Eventually, we were ready to give it another shot. Team Punkinboo doesn’t give up. Luckily for us, Drowzee and Azurill either moved slower than a Shuckle or took like 15 breaks for naps along the way.

We barged in just as Drowzee was about to force Azurill into a tight spot… literally.

Ravey made a fine introduction for our team, but nerves got the best of him, and Drowzee noticed.

Nervous or not, I knew Ravey wasn’t going to give up. We couldn’t afford to lose here.

So we didn’t. We’d already done enough losing for one day, thank you.

After that, everything seemed to happen in a flash.

We retrieved Azurill, turned Drowzee over to law enforcement, and reunited a pair of emotional brothers. All in a day’s work, right? We headed back to the guild for a well-deserved meal and a good night’s rest. We even had a nice, rhythmic storm to lull us to sleep. Or, well, it would eventually.

The weather reminded Ravey of the day we met. Between my mysterious arrival on the beach and my strange, newfound ability, he was right to have questions. Unfortunately, I still had no answers.

Well, I’m not even a psychic type, after all.

But, in spite of all the uncertainties surrounding me, Ravey still gave me his trust, and that alone was enough to keep me from being discouraged.

Before we finally drifted off to sleep, Ravey told me a little more about this world - specifically, the Time Gears, which he thought may some connection to the current issues with time. But how could that be, if everyone knew to leave them alone as he said? The longer I lived in this world, the more questions seemed to arise… I wondered if we would ever get any answers. But that was a worry for tomorrow.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Wow that is some bad luck with those hits in the 30 range, but at least now you have some good moves to use.