Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I think badges for individual events could be fine if we are not having the old ones count as points.
I think it might be worth brainstorming banners for more individual events instead of badges- if we've already got the Ribbon badges based on most events having individual ones feels redundant to me, especially when we retired the original ones to start with.

Btw I literally just made a usergroup banner discussion thread right here so feel free to give input here heh :hmmazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I feel like maybe the staff badges shouldn't give MarriPoints either but want to hear what other people say about that tbh.
I actually just thought about this while reading Kilza's post and was going to suggest it only to see you already had :winkazurill: I have to say I agree with this if we are going for some amount of fairness on the Marripoint board. Staff is not something any member can realistically strive for or SHOULD be trying to get just for Marripoints, so if we're using some sort of fairness argument for putting retired badges to 0 (which I am totally cool with!) then I think it makes the most sense that staff badges would also be at 0. I don't care strongly either way, but I do think it would make sense.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I'd be fine with making the staff badges worth 0 points for the sake of fairness. It makes sense that staff shouldn't get an automatic edge on the leaderboard.

We got rid of individual event badges for fairness (only a few specific events had them) and to get rid of unnecessary badges. The wins have all been lumped into the ribbon badges.

25 pages sounds reasonable for a Club Leader badge with no second or third tier. It would still take a few months for a club to get there after all.

Round 2 changes thus far:
-Change point values of staff and retired badges to 0
-Get rid of Club Leader tiers and change the requirement to 25 pages
-Add Pre-Curse User, event creator, Marriprom, and tournament participation (with tiers?) badges
-Art prompts might also count for Prompt Prodigy

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I think the updated list of changes is good. For tournament participation, it does make sense to have it tiered, since there are multiple tournaments held throughout the year and it does make it inline with the other forum event badges that are tiered. Since the ones that aren't tiered (Secret Santa, Smash Camp, soon MarriProm) are all yearly events and thus don't make sense to have tiered.