Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Marriland Forums Big Brother
Have you ever wondered what would happen if a bunch of Marrilanders were forced to live in the same house for an extended period of time? Unfortunately our budget wasn't big enough to buy a house and fly people in to try it out, so we're doing this instead. Think of this as a sort of virtual Big Brother, where participants are voted off each cycle until one person is left. Events and other competitions will determine who has immunity and who's put on the chopping block. Friendships will be tested, revenge will be sweet, and it should be super entertaining to watch.

How does it work?
Big Brother will run for approximately 8 weeks, and there will be about 11 cycles. Each cycle will consist of three phases:

- Head of Household Competition (~2 days)
At the beginning of each cycle, there will be an event to determine the "Head of Household". This figure will decide on candidates for elimination at the end of each cycle. This inherently comes with immunity for yourself, but the power of saving friends or condemning foes is definitely a reason to try and win the Head of Household status. The number of players on the chopping block will vary depending on how many players remain.​
- Immunity Competition (~2 days)
After the Head of Household is decided, a second event will decide who's immune from elimination. Anyone who wins immunity status cannot be nominated for voting by the Head of Household. The number of people granted immunity will also depend on how many players remain in the game.​
- Elimination (~1 day)
At the end of each cycle, everyone will vote on who will be eliminated. All candidates from elimination will have already been decided by the Head of Household, and anyone who earns immunity cannot be submitted as a candidate. Whoever has the most votes at the end of day will be removed from the competition; in the event of a tie, whoever had the most votes first will be eliminated (in traditional mafia fashion) the Head of Household will decide who is eliminated..​
What if I'm not available for a phase?
If for whatever reason you aren't around to participate in an event or vote for elimination, there isn't any penalty. Theoretically you could cruise through the entire competition without competing in a single event as long as other players don't vote you off. If someone hasn't been around and is not responding to any form of communication we may hostkill them, but no one is required to participate in any of the events.

What kinds of events will there be?
With two events per cycle and roughly 11 cycles, we're planning on a little over twenty events total. They will consist of things like Boss's fabled song guessing game, flash games, and other dumb/seemingly pointless activities. We'll try to keep things generally entertaining, but not everything is about the events - scheming and surviving will also be essential. Participating in the events is also not mandatory - you can technically survive just by not being voted off.

What happens if I'm eliminated?
You lose. That being said, eliminated players will play a role in some events, so sticking around and watching the aftermath may be worth it. That also means that players should be wary of who they eliminate - making enemies may come back to bite you later in the game.

What do I get if I win?
Besides bragging rights and clout? The real prize is the hopes and dreams you crushed along the way.

Oh, and a custom user banner. The text and color of said banner will be up to whoever wins. Within reason.

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Last edited:

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST

:)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’m in.

Is everything being done on the forums or will some activities take place on Discord?

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I’m in.

Is everything being done on the forums or will some activities take place on Discord?
Everything will be exclusively on the forums - each phase will have its own thread and you'll submit scores or vote there. Some events might have you submit things via private message, too.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
i'll join will this make me tv famous

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
This game is one of the greatest of all, and it is because it is one for the mind and that of power. And who here happens to have degrees around the mind and how power works in society? Most people on this show will either only care about how cool they'll look on TV, or maybe they will be worried about what the audience will think of them. But I am a student of the game, taking notes from the greats like Doctor Will, and Dan. As well, with my status as a Magma Grunt, we happen to be lead by Brooklyn Inspector Gadget himself with his voice, Maxie, and he has glasses in Omega Ruby, meaning he looks smart, and I learn from him.

If you want someone to lead this game, and be a good help, it is the OG BV expert grunt Beavie. How about that for a Dam statement?

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Time Zone
CST
IGN
Jarrod
I’m joining and Bubba can’t stop me :J

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
...this sounds familiar. Did someone else try it? Either way good luck, people

Don't mean the TV show btw but a forum big brother attempt
Yeah, it's been done on other forums before. It's not exactly a new concept.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Yeah, it's been done on other forums before. It's not exactly a new concept.

lol. I meant on Marriland/Azurilland specifically. But OK.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
Ah what the hell. Might as well crash the party.

Count me in *****es

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487

Boss hosted a version of it on the Cave, so that might be what you're remembering. As far as Marri/Azuri is concerned though, there might have been a Big Brother event back on Ye Olde Marriland but nothing in recent history.

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
I’m join

Status
Not open for further replies.