BluejAMA

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Feel free to ask me anything! (Rules will apply)

Some topics like honest opinions and "list members as x" questions may be difficult for me to do satisfactorily so be aware of that when asking me those types of questions.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
what is your opinion on bearded vultures

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
I'm not too familiar with it since it's mainly found in the Middle East and Central Asia, but it looks pretty cool!

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Are birds your favorite animals?

Have you read To Kill a Mockingbird?

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
1. They are! Love all of them.
2. Yeah, back in middle school it was required reading for me.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
More people need to ask you questions, dang.

-Rank the party members in Persona 3, 4, and 5 from your favorite to least favorite. That is all. c:

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Are there any NFL games from this season that you were REALLY excited for when the schedule was first announced but your excitement for has since significantly dwindled or they turned out to be not as great? (Example: Eagles/Rams, which was HEAVILY anticipated back in April but not quite as much now with how disappointing we've been and how one-sided it'll likely be.)

Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey games? That's a series I wish I could get into.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Now that you know all three, rank Persona 3, 4, and 5 from favorite to least favorite in the categories of story, characters, and music :hmmazurill:
(we all know which one has the best gameplay lol)

Do you plan to/want to play any of the Persona spin-offs?

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
More people need to ask you questions, dang.

-Rank the party members in Persona 3, 4, and 5 from your favorite to least favorite. That is all. c:
10. Metis

Pretty dull character with a single shtick of "I wanna protect my sister!!"

9. Koromaru

he atacc
he protecc
but most importantly
he walcc

Ok but seriously though he doesn't have much character outside of what you'd expect for a dog.

8. Fuuka

I didn't find her character development all that interesting and her persona evolution was the only one that happened at a random moment in the game. I am interested in how she projects music to the party in Tartarus though.

7. Ken

I was impressed at how mature he was compared to his age and that he was vengeful enough to try to go through with kill the person who killed his mother, but after that arc wraps up he's just kind of there.

6. Shinjiro

Doesn't stay around long enough to make a big enough impression but there's a soft guy underneath all those clothes he's wearing.

5. Akihiko

He's a fine character. Pushes himself single-mindedly a bit too hard but he's likable and relatable in that way.

4. Mitsuru

I found it kind of ironic that the most serious character tends to be involved in some of the more hilarious moments of the game. Being socially awkward and obsessed with everyone's grades makes for some interesting decisions.

3. Junpei

Kinda annoying at times but there was a surprising depth to his character that was really brought out once he started getting to know Chidori, and he really matures through the course of the game.

2. Yukari

I feel like she is the most realistic character in the game. Lots of trust and anger issues, while getting into trouble a lot, but the imperfect characters are the most

1. Aigis

Gets into a lot of funny situations, but ultimately ends up being one of the most important characters in the game somehow. And a well-written example of a robot learning and struggling on how to become more humanlike. How the hell does she get away with attending school though...

7. Chie

Unfortunately had the weird voice acting in the version I played, but overall I didn't feel like had enough going for her outside of the character-defining moments. I think she rags on Yosuke a bit too hard.

6. Teddie

Lots of funny moments but holy cow someone needs to put the brakes on him at times. Has his moments though.

5. Rise

I actually romanced her in the game and thought it was a pretty sweet one since she is totally into it, but I don't find her all that relatable.

4. Naoto

Has a lot of good and funny moments throughout the game but I didn't feel like she was a very relatable character, either. Really drives the plot forward though, which is a good thing.

3. Yukiko

Now someone I can kinda relate to. Also has a lot of weird goofy moments that I liked.

2. Kanji

Best source of comedy in the game. I love his reactions to everything.

1. Yosuke

I actually relate to him quite a bit (especially in my younger days) and I like that he's kind of a version of Adachi who turned out good even though he gets beat up on a lot by a lot of characters (particularly Chie).

8. Akechi

Eh, didn't like him all that much even before he left the party. Everything went way downhill afterwards.

7. Ann

She had a very great start to the game and her arc was definitely fleshed out well, but I was kinda meh on her confidant and doesn't have a ton of moments outside of those areas.

6. Haru

I like that even though she's a rich girl she doesn't try to flaunt it, but she's mostly kinda there after the 5th palace is completed. But, she has a number of silly moments which makes me put her over Ann just slightly.

5. Ryuji

Too easy to facepalm at but he's a good boi at heart, even if Morgana will never admit it.

4. Futaba

Her backstory was like :( but then she gets a lot better and really adorable. Also really helps make Sojiro the boss man he is.

3. Morgana

Mr. Conscience Cat here had a number of moments where he was aggravating but has more than his share of funny moments and actually pretty good character development to make up for it. It really is funny how he acts sometimes.

2. Yusuke

I like how he's one of the most mature members of the group yet has some of the oddest behaviors from impulse buying lobsters to messing around with Futaba's Phoenixman figurines. I liked his confidant a lot too.

1. Makoto

best girl beep boop

Are there any NFL games from this season that you were REALLY excited for when the schedule was first announced but your excitement for has since significantly dwindled or they turned out to be not as great? (Example: Eagles/Rams, which was HEAVILY anticipated back in April but not quite as much now with how disappointing we've been and how one-sided it'll likely be.)

Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey games? That's a series I wish I could get into.
1. Any game involving the Falcons and 49ers, Vikings-Patriots, Saints-Eagles come to mind

2. I have not, and I'd have to look at the gameplay more before I'm more interested in them.

Now that you know all three, rank Persona 3, 4, and 5 from favorite to least favorite in the categories of story, characters, and music :hmmazurill:
(we all know which one has the best gameplay lol)

Do you plan to/want to play any of the Persona spin-offs?

1. Most to least favorite

Story: 3,5,4
Characters: 5,3,4
Music: 5,3,4

Other than 4's story (which was still pretty good imo) I think these are all pretty close.

2. I actually currently own Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax since I found copies at local used game stores. Tried some of Arena and it's not easy at all - I can't really pull off the sliding motion on the control pad to pull off the special attacks and I don't know if it's my fault or my controller's. I might try Persona Q2 when it comes out, but I'm not all that interested in the Dancing spinoffs.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Top ten and bottom ten of the billboard hot 100 for this year. ^_^

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Top 10

1. No Tears Left To Cry - Ariana Grande. There are few pop songs about hope and overcoming negativity that are as catchy and fun as this song
2. Feel it Still - Portugal. The Man. This is one that got better with each successive listen
3. One Kiss - Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa. I think it's less the lyrics and more the overall production and composition; Calvin Harris gets better every year and Dua Lipa has a very good voice to go along with his beats
4. Love Lies - Khalid & Normani. This flows really well
5. Pray For Me - The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar. A really nice collab that works well outside of the movie
6. Sicko Mode - Travis Scott ft. Drake. There are a lot of fun individual moments here, starting with the drop about a minute in
7. New Rules - Dua Lipa. The verse where the rules are described is really cleverly written
8. Delicate - Taylor Swift. Easily the best song off her album, probably because it's not focused on her, uh, Reputation.
9. Wolves - Selena Gomez & Marshmello. Out of all the Marshmello songs that charted well this year this one was the least grating on the ears.
10. This is America - Childish Gambino. I really like the juxtaposition of styles in the most politically-charged song eligible.

Honorable Mentions:

Nice For What - Drake. His best production this year
Bad At Love - Halsey. Halsey sings better here than on some of her other songs and lets it out at the right moments
Call Out My Name - The Weeknd. Is it that I've been liking his singing more or that this song is better than those of 2015 that I'm putting this here?

Bottom 10

1. Freaky Friday - Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown. Holy jesus this is a horrible joke with lots of wrong moments everywhere, starting with choosing Chris Brown as a collaborator.
2. GUMMO - 6ix9ine. This kills my ears before we even get to the lyrics
3. Girls Like You - Adam Levine ft. Cardi B. Yep Adam Levine totally sings in phonemes and everything else is just bland and boring. Cardi B can't save this one
4. Gucci Gang - Gucci Gang. Gucci Gang
5. Simple - Florida Georgia Line. Some of the lyrics just really bother me, never mind that it's Florida Georgia Line
6. FEFE - 6ix9ine ft. Nicki Minaj and Murda Beatz. As grating as GUMMO was 6ix9ine's voice does not work here at all and this is only saved by the guest verses. Barely. Well at least he won't be making music anymore!
7. Thunder - Imagine Dragons. From last year: The chorus could be sung by a Pikachu and it wouldn't be any worse-sounding.
8. Meant To Be - Florida Georgia Line ft. Bebe Rexha. Kinda revealing about what "country music" means nowadays and it's a weak, inexplicable collab resulting in a weak and conflicting song.
9. What Lovers Do - Adam Levine ft. SZA. From last year: The choruses to Maroon 5 songs are becoming increasingly unintelligible.
10. Lights Down Low - MAX ft. gnash. My dislike of this one comes from the vocals being all over the place and the rap verse being out of place (and very slightly late on the beat).

Dishonorable Mentions:

Wait - Maroon 5. More offending blandness
Taste - tyga ft. Offset. Of the generic forgettable rap songs out there this was the worst one
Natural - Imagine Dragons. The yelling doesn't work here at all
I Like Me Better - Lauv. This sound used when Lauv isn't singing is really annoying

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
helo!

1. since you are pretty quiet i have to ask, what's one fact about you most people here don't know?
2. what's an animal you find super unique and interesting?
3. do you watch a lot of tv shows? what's your favorite?
4. have you ever watched anime? :hmmazurill:
5. would you rather go diving in your location of choice to explore underwater, or to a rainforest of your choice to explore the wildlife there? assuming you won't be in any danger.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
1. I'm a very big fan of jigsaw puzzles. Sometimes when I go to a bookstore and spend most of my time just looking at the puzzles instead of books.
2. Tube worms are probably the only worm I don't get squeamish over, and they are some of the strangest animals on Earth in terms of their habitat and diet. I don't know of any species in the entire animal kingdom that comes close to doing what they do.
3. I don't watch much TV, but when I last completed watching an entire series it was Sherlock. I should probably get going on watching through another show I've started ages ago(Twin Peaks).
4. Excluding Pokemon, yeah, a little. Not very much though on my own volition, they're almost always video-game related (such as Persona and Danganronpa 3).
5. Underwater would be lots of fun, and snorkeling was actually something I wanted to do when I was on vacation a month ago but ended up not really having the time for.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Feel free to spoiler spoilers if need be!

-Top ten favorite characters from both v1 and v2 games and why?
-Top ten worst characters from both v1 and v2 and why?
-Rank the characters from Danganropa Trigger Happy Havoc from best to worst in your opinion (no need to give explanations).
-Rank the characters from Danganropa Good Bye Despair from best to worst in your opinion (no need to give explanations).
-Top five ost tracks from both games?
-Top five trials from both games?
-Top five executions from both games?
-Best character development overall (out of both games or one person for each game)?
-Who had the best free time events in your opinion (out of both games or one person for each game)?
-Top three best moments from both games?
-Thoughts on the v3 anime overall?

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
1. Top 10-25 video game music tracks?
2. Favorite part of Danganronpa games?
3. Favorite episode of Danganronpa 3, if you finished now?

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
-Top ten favorite characters from both v1 and v2 games and why?

1. Chiaki Nanami - She was too pure for the world she was born into.
2. Kyoko Kirigiri - She's just great at what she does. Nobody else in the entire series has ever come close to the amount of skill and effort into getting through the trials and killing games, all the while with a personality that makes you want to learn more about her.
3. Byakuya Togami - The man who woke up in Hope's Peak Academy was definitely not the same man who left it, as much as he would hate to admit it. Also it's funny to see Toko/Genocide Jack keep him on his toes.
4. Gundham Tanaka - Solely here because anything he said was just fun to read. Also being able to make friends with animals is a really nice ability!
5. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu - One of the best character developments in the series.
6. Sonia Nevermind - A fun character to be around in general.
7. Sakura Ogami - A character to admire. Her death is probably the most noble one in the series and shows just how loyal she is to her friends.
8. Ibuki Mioda - I just love the randomness and 4th wall breaking she spouts here and there. The game got a lot darker when she died.
9. Hajime Hinata - I like this protagonist because he has more on his mind that he has to clear up than getting out of the killing game and it resolves in an interesting way.
10. Chihiro Fujisaki - If only he didn't die so early on...

-Top ten worst characters from both v1 and v2 and why?

1. Hifumi Yamada - His shtick was not very interesting and he seems very easily manipulated.
2. Toko Fukawa - Cringe everywhere whenever her regular personality is around. (I'm counting Genocide Jack as a separate character)
3. Teruteru Hanamura - Another guy I just don't want to be around
4. Yasuhiro Hagakure - As much as he's tried to change he's unfortunately got the dumbass forever and ever and it got old.
5. Kazuichi Soda - At some point you just gotta let it go man
6. Leon Kuwata - Not much character development, even in the postgame modes. What's there isn't particularly interesting either.
7. Hiyoko Saionji - How much did she really change at the end? We may never know...
8. Mukuro Ikusaba - I can't feel sympathetic for her too much since I feel she had the ability to get away from her sister and she never really tried to, so she was pretty much Junko's lackey who never got any time to shine.
9. Nagito Komaeda - I can understand why he is the way he is but he's a pretty unpleasant person to be around and talk to because he's stuck on the same few topics over and over.
10. Peko Pekoyama - This isn't a dislike or anything but I had to fill this spot

-Rank the characters from Danganropa Trigger Happy Havoc from best to worst in your opinion (no need to give explanations).

1. Kyoko Kirigiri
2. Byakuya Togami
3. Sakura Ogami
4. Monokuma
5. Chihiro Fujisaki
6. Aoi Asahina
7. Mondo Owada
8. Junko Enoshima
9. Makoto Naegi
10. Celestia Ludenberg
11. Kiyotaka Ishimaru
12. Genocide Jack
13. Sayaka Maizono
14. Mukuro Ikusaba
15. Leon Kuwata
16. Yasuhiro Hagakure
17. Toko Fukawa
18. Hifumi Yamada
-Rank the characters from Danganropa Good Bye Despair from best to worst in your opinion (no need to give explanations).

1. Chiaki Nanami
2. Gundham Tanaka
3. Fukuhiko Kuzuryu
4. Sonia Nevermind
5. Ibuki Mioda
6. Hajime Hinata
7. Monokuma/AI Junko
8. Nekomaru Nidai
9. Mahiru Koizumi
10. Mikan Tsumiki
11. Ultimate Imposter
12. Usami/Monomi
13. Akane Owari
14. Peko Pekoyama
15. Nagito Komaeda
16. Hiyoko Saionji
17. Kazuichi Soda
18. Teruteru Hanamura

-Top five ost tracks from both games?

DR1:
1. Mr. Monokuma's Lesson
2. Class Trial Turbulent Edition
3. BOX 16
4. Discussion HEAT UP
5. BOX 15

DR2:
1. Ms. Monomi's Practice Lesson
2. Beautiful Ruin (Summer Salt)
3. Welcome to Dangan Island!
4. Kill Command (aka Ekoroshia)
5. DIVE DRIVE

-Top five trials from both games?

Well seeing as there are only 6 in each game might as well have them all right
From top to bottom:

DR1:
1-4
1-6
1-3
1-1
1-5
1-2

DR2:
2-5
2-6
2-4
2-2
2-3
2-1

-Top five executions from both games?

There are more than 6 executions in the first game but same deal as above. Upon trying to look up the names of them I realized I could run into V3 spoilers so I'll just list by the main character involved

DR1:
Junko Enoshima
Jin Kirigiri
Celestia Ludenberg
Makoto Naegi
Mondo Owata
Leon Kuwata
Alter Ego
Kyoko Kirigiri

DR2:
AI Junko
Chiaki Nanami
Gundham Tanaka
Peko Pekoyama
Teruteru Hanamura

Mikan Tsumiki

-Best character development overall (out of both games or one person for each game)?

Fuyuhiko

-Who had the best free time events in your opinion (out of both games or one person for each game)?

Hmm idk. Maybe Ibuki or Sonia?

-Top three best moments from both games?

In no particular order:

Junko shows up at the last trial in DR1
Byakuya's turnaround at the end of 1-4
AI Junko gets taken down by the remaining students and the Power of Usami (TM)

-Thoughts on the v3 anime overall?
It was fun but I honestly didn't care much for most of the new characters and the brainwashing video deal seems kinda convenient as a plot point that was used multiple times throughout

Ravey I'll get to your questions later as the first one is proving to be very difficult to finish without having to do a thorough organization of my thoughts

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
  1. Top 10-25 video game music tracks?
  2. Favorite part of Danganronpa games?
  3. Favorite episode of Danganronpa 3, if you finished now?
1. Here is the list, with a few rules I used for variety's sake:
-One song per franchise
-Only songs from games I have played. (Unfortunately this means no Shadow of the Colossus, Nier Automata, Journey, Metal Gear Solid, etc.)

1. Dire, Dire Docks - Super Mario 64
  2. Terra - Final Fantasy VI
  3. The Battle for Everyone's Souls - Persona 3
  4. Corridors of Time - Chrono Trigger
  5. Romanesca - Braid
  6. Wicked Flight - Bravely Default
  7. Mt. Coronet - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
  8. Underwater Frigate Reactor Core - Metroid Prime
  9. Leliana's Song - Dragon Age: Origins
  10. Scarborough Fair (Industrial) - Civilization VI
  11. Terran 3 - Starcraft: Brood War
  12. Running Hell (Remastered) - Cave Story
  13. Climax Reasoning V3 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
  14. Delphinus Delphis - ABZU
  15. Vigil - Mass Effect
  16. Will the Circle Be Unbroken (choral) - BioShock Infinite
  17. Tumbler - World of Goo
  18. Obstacles - Life is Strange
  19. Sacrificial - The Binding of Isaac
  20. Stickerbrush Symphony - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  21. Music of the Spheres - Portal 2
  22. Forest Temple - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  23. Concussive - League of Legends
  24. Chemical Plant Zone - Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  25. Death by Glamour - Undertale

The full playlist I used to compile the list here!

2. The investigation portions, actually. It's pretty fun going around and collecting evidence while thinking about how they all fit together in the overall case.

3. Despair Arc Episode 1 because it shows just how badass Chisa is in being able to round up all the students despite how bonkers some of them are.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Hi Jasper! Here are some more questions for you.

1. Thoughts on each DR main character?
  2. Which games have you played that are similar to DR in terms of gameplay? How do said games compare to DR?
  3. If you could choose one university in each continent to visit for a day as a student, which ones would you choose and why?
  4. Do you currently do jigsaw puzzles in your free time? If so, how many pieces do they have and how long do they take in general?

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Bagpipes: yay or nay?

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Hi Jasper! Here are some more questions for you.

1. Thoughts on each DR main character?
  2. Which games have you played that are similar to DR in terms of gameplay? How do said games compare to DR?
  3. If you could choose one university in each continent to visit for a day as a student, which ones would you choose and why?
  4. Do you currently do jigsaw puzzles in your free time? If so, how many pieces do they have and how long do they take in general?
1. I'm going to put V3 in spoilers because you haven't finished the game and the parts you haven't gotten to yet are important to my thoughts. Read it at your own risk (or finish the game first :hmmazurill:)

Makoto Naegi - He's good as a protagonist, but since he doesn't have any outstanding traits other than his endless amount of hope he's not a very exciting character overall, at least when compared to most of the other students he's surrounded by. In that sense though he is pretty relatable and that's kind of necessary when seeing the whole game through his eyes. In the later installments it was neat to see that he would go pretty far to save his friends and I did feel bad for him in the anime because he had pretty much no control over everything that happened to him.

Hajime Hinata - I really liked how his own mysteries tied into the overall story, and his interactions with his friends were also fun to watch. He's also an interesting case of getting two separate character developments (which eventually merge together to form a Hajime with Izuru's talents but mostly [?] Hajime's personality). I still don't 100% how he went super saiyan in trial 2-6 but it was great to see him once his abilities were finally unlocked.

Kaede Akamatsu - I really wish she had been around for longer. It was nice to see a protagonist who actually took charge right from the beginning and tried to solve the students' problems without waiting for something to happen. Also has my favorite talent in the entire series, and her interactions with everyone, particularly Shuichi, were great. Also I'm still mad that she was wrongly executed 😡

Shuichi Saihara - He grows a lot throughout the game. Kaede definitely rubbed off on him in a good way, and he gets increasingly braver and ready to face all the awful truths he encounters, and doesn't back down from them (especially the ones in the last trial, where he has a pretty badass and meta response to some of the things that get thrown at him). Because of that he's my favorite non-Kaede protagonist.

2. Not very many games, actually. The only other game I can think of that's anywhere close to a visual novel in terms of presentation is Doki Doki Literature Club. And I actually don't believe I've played any other games in which you directly participate in a murder trial (yeah, I have not played any Phoenix Wright games). But for story-driven narratives the closest I can think of are like Life is Strange, Firewatch, and Tales from the Borderlands.

3. North America - UC Berkeley, because I have actually never been on the campus despite all my Bay Area trips.
South America - University of Sao Paulo - Ribeirao Preto, because we had a grad student from there work in the lab for half a year.
Europe - Oxford, because of its rich history, prestige, and because of how large and widespread all the individual colleges are it would be quite fun to just explore.
Asia - National Taiwan University, because I haven't really explored it yet.
Africa - Uhhh idk
Oceania - Idk maybe University of Auckland but I'm really picking this because of the location
Antarctica - Lol, what's the closest to a university here, McMurdo Station?

4. Not at this moment but I do jigsaw puzzles pretty frequently. The ones I play usually have 1000 pieces minimum, but how long it takes to finish one really depends on the specific puzzle. Sometimes it's really easy because the colors and patterns make figuring out where pieces go really simple, but other times it is difficult to tell for sure whether two pieces actually fit together or not. So these can take anywhere from a single day to over a month.

Bagpipes: yay or nay?
Not the most pleasant instrument to hear, but it's not ubiquitous so I don't dislike it. Since I primarily listen to classical music I've probably heard more imitations/impressions/transcriptions of bagpipe music than actual bagpipes.