Board of Play - Boardgame and Group Gaming Club

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT

Board of Play
------
Entering the neatly furnished room, you are met by rows of tables and chairs. Rows upon rows of games of all kinds line the walls. Classic boardgames, card games, strategy games, all in pristine condition, ready to be plucked from their display cases for an afternoon of fun with friends and family.
Over in the corner you see a bunch of computers networked together, loaded with a variety of cooperative and competitive games.

This is truly a place you could spend hours in without realising.

~~~~~
Welcome everyone to Board of Play! This club is all about games we can play together, and have fun doing so. We'll talk about them, and seek to find time to play them with each other. I realise timezones make scheduling difficult, but we'll work it out. I'm also happy with a more spontaneous, on the fly kind of "Hey do you feel like playing this thing, let's do that now!". For the moment I'm thinking that a mix of the two will be great.

I also realise the similarities/overlap that this club may share with Foolhard's Tavern of Many Names. To that I say do not worry, I made sure that we talked about it before I began constructing this thread. His club will lean more towards RPGs of all kinds (be it D&D or MMORPGs), while this one will take a broader approach towards boardgaming and other videogaming. While I realise that discussion of those topics will be inevitable whilst talking about tabletop boardgaming, I kindly request that if your passion for such a thing is great enough, that you make your way over to his club. It is important to me to not tread on his toes so I will not be facilitating/organising those kinds of events in this club. Similarly, this is not a Pokémon club, so if you're looking to set up tournaments/trades/joint-runs and stuff then this is probably not the best place to do so.

Typical Marriland rules apply.

Potential events that I seek to hold:
  • Scheduled weekly boardgame night, via digital magic! (Via Tabletop Simulator)
  • Competitive tournaments.
  • Sandbox game servers (Terraria, Minecraft, etc).
  • Praise Nurgle in your app to make sure you read all the rules.
  • Call hangouts, chilling while gaming (even if not playing the same game).
  • Raffles, quizzes, or other gaming events that reward prestige in the club or actual game coupons!
We have a club Discord! Please shoot me a PM if you're interested in joining. I expect the bulk of discussion, event announcements and such will take place on the forum, while the Discord will facilitate chats and spontaneous gaming/calls.

To become a member of this club, I'll just need you to fill out a few details for me!

Join now if you are Board of Play!

Username:
Nickname(s):
Discord:
Boardgames or Videogames?:
Competitive or Cooperative?:
Extra:

Last edited:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Member List

Club leader(s): [1]

Username: Luke Strife
Nickname(s): Luke
Discord: Luke Strife#2499
Preferences: BG, VG, Coop

Members: [9]

Username: The Griddler
Nickname(s): Griddle, Grid
Discord: Griddle#4550
Preferences: VG, Coop, Comp

Username: Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Nickname(s): Lulu, Rina
Discord: LuluRina#0643
Preferences: VG, BG, Coop, Comp

Username: Moxie
Nickname(s): Mox, Daam
Discord: Moxie#3289
Preferences: BG, VG, Comp

Username: Calaf
Nickname(s): Calaf
Discord: Calaf#2758

Username: Felly
Nickname(s): Audra
Discord: Felly#7214

Username: Rockie
Nickname(s): Rockie
Discord: Rockie#9258

Username: Moonwatcher
Nickname(s): Moon, Shruikan
Discord: Shruikan#6538

Username: Foolhard
Nickname(s): Efflore, Gavin
Discord: jizmoglobin#5074
Preferences: VG, Coop

Username: icelandic
Nickname(s): icelandic
Discord: ---

Last edited:

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Username: The Griddler
Nickname(s): Griddle, Grid
Discord: Griddle#4550
Boardgames or Videogames?: Preferably videogames but am open to board
Competitive or Cooperative?: Either
Extra: Hail Paimon Nurgle

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Username: Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Nickname(s): Lulu, Rina
Discord: LuluRina#0643
Boardgames or Videogames?: Videogames tbh. Although I do also really like Boardgames
Competitive or Cooperative?: Both
Extra: Hail our lord and savior Nurgle!!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
God yes

Username: Moxie
Nickname(s): Mox, Daam
Discord: Moxie#3289
Boardgames or Videogames?: Honestly both...
Competitive or Cooperative?: I am extremely competitive lol but I can play nice if I have to
Extra: Praise the Nurgle that is part of the events!

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
This is an awesome idea!

Username: Calaf
Nickname(s): Calaf
Discord: Calaf#2758
Boardgames or Videogames?: Both!
Competitive or Cooperative?: I'm very competitive, but I'm sure cooperative would be cool too!
Extra: Woo Nurgle

Felly

a firework
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Username: Felly
Nickname(s): Audra
Discord: Felly#7214
Boardgames or Videogames?: Both!
Competitive or Cooperative?: I can be a lil competitive at times, but I like cooperative more since I feel like being competitive sometimes stresses me out if I get too into it. (League, I'm looking at you.)
Extra: I don't know who Nurgle is, but 🙌

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Aight now I'm awake I can join like I said I would, looking good though!

Username: Rockie
Nickname(s): Rockie
Discord: Rockie#9258
Boardgames or Videogames?: Yes.
Competitive or Cooperative?: Preferably Cooperative
Extra: Somethin' bout Nurgle?

Moonwatcher

The show's over.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
The Boardgame/TCG master is here! (And I mean master in the same way as Ash, AKA trying everything but rarely winning)

Username: Moonwatcher
Nickname(s): Moon, Shruikan
Discord: Shruikan#6538
Boardgames or Videogames?: No, not or. And. Boardgames and Videogames.
Competitive or Cooperative?: Prefer Co-op but am perfectly happy with either.
Extra: Praise Nergal!

Or wait, you said Nurgle. My bad. Praise them too I guess.

Master Magics Five

the landslide wyvern
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Username: Foolhard
Nickname(s): Efflore, Gavin
Discord: jizmoglobin#5074
Boardgames or Videogames?: videogames, bc that's where my money goes. but i like both.
Competitive or Cooperative?: co-op.
Extra: aye, praise be te our dear Nurgle an' may our journ be safe.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Thank you all for joining, you've all been added to the member list! I'm really happy to see this take off with enough signs in such a short space of time. ^^

For those wondering, Nurgle is the chaos god in Warhammer, and is often praised with regards to having blessed dice rolls. Likewise he is shown to display his wrath on the unworthy and curse them with terrible luck. So it is best to prove your loyalty to him early, lest you test his might.

So to kick things off, a few questions to provoke discussion.

What are your favourite games you like to play with other people?
Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently?
Last boardgame you played?
Favourite type of boardgame?

Felly

a firework
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
For those wondering, Nurgle is the chaos god in Warhammer, and is often praised with regards to having blessed dice rolls. Likewise he is shown to display his wrath on the unworthy and curse them with terrible luck. So it is best to prove your loyalty to him early, lest you test his might.
This... explains a lot with my D&D rolls lmao, even though they're two different games. My lack of knowledge about Nurgle has clearly cursed my dice rolls for the games I've been playing lately, and that's why they're only good some of the time.

I've really enjoyed playing D&D with friends, but since this club doesn't focus a whole lot on that, I've also enjoyed playing Cards Against Humanity with friends. League of Legends is also really nice with friends; I especially enjoyed the times where my friends and I would play on team builder (when that was a thing) and make teams based around a certain theme, like all purple champions, for example. Minecraft is also one I enjoy playing with friends, and honestly, I don't even really like playing it unless I can play with friends.

I've picked up Terraria lately, but I've been playing on single player and not multiplayer; I've played on multiplayer before, and it was okay. One of the friends I played with gave me a bunch of stuff, so it was a lot easier for me to play the game then. I wouldn't be against playing it with friends, but I'd want to start fresh and be able to find my own stuff, not have a whole bunch of really good stuff handed to me right off the bat. I've also been playing a lot of League of Legends off and on as well, but I've also mainly been playing solo. I did play some ARAMs with Kaity a couple weeks ago though, and that was pretty fun!! ♥

Oh gosh, I don't even know. I can remember playing Cards Against Humanity with my fraternity brothers back when I was an active member, but that was last year. I think I did play some board games over at that hellish house I stayed at for a few months with my mom and sometimes with some of the other clients because they let us have fun sometimes on Friday and Saturday nights. I don't really play board games that often tbh, but I guess that's what makes them more special.

I really like Monopoly tbh. I also like a lot of card games too.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
What are your favourite games you like to play with other people? Minecraft and Roblox.... and thats it. I don't usually play games with other people.
Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently? Minecraft, Roblox, and Dead by Daylight
Last boardgame you played? ...huh. I don't remember. Ig chess, but that was a while ago.
Favourite type of boardgame? Monopoly... however Game of Life is a good game too

Master Magics Five

the landslide wyvern
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Rock Band 3, Factorio, For the King. maybe not the most applicable, but hush~
Stardew Valley, Risk of Rain 2, Civ V. Divinity: OS II is also up there, but not multiplayer yet.
dicked around with Black Orchestra with frens
Munchkins and such, if i were to pin a name

apologies for the short post, its 3am and im watching ****
perhaps later, but its only a survey
<3

Moonwatcher

The show's over.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I haven't played it in ages, but Armello was pretty cool. It's essentially a board game as a video game. Not co-op though, just PVP. There's also Dragalia Lost, and LoL, and Hearthstone and Shadowverse. Oh, and Civ 4 and 5 (My PC can't run 6 ;_;)
Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently? The above mentioned Dragalia Lost... That's about it. :/
Last boardgame you played? The Mystic Wood. I have yet to ever win a game...
Favourite type of boardgame? Ones like Cluedo are fun.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Sandbox stuff ranging from things like Terraria to GTAV's online are high up there, I enjoy most co-op games though and I'm pretty open minded so I'll try a lot of things. DnD is also taking up most of my life lol

Two internet friends and I started a Terraria expert mode world a few days ago, and once I'm done with uni i'm gonna finally pick up Monster Hunter World again with a different friend.

Honestly excluding DnD/Pathfinder I can't even remember. I have a card-based one called Boss Monster and I played that a couple weeks ago, really fun! Definitely would recommend if you can get your hands on it!

I have no idea, I'll try anything really.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam

I am such a dedicated single player, but when I get the chance, I really like playing fantasy orientated MMOs. It’s been a while since I’ve played some, but a lot of fond memories of those kind of games. An example is warframe but there are so many different kinds that I can’t list them all lol

I haven’t really played many multiplayer games recently...I’ve been pretty stuck to single player games recently and helping my sister with Pokemon

Pictionary. My sis rounded back us all up for a round of Pictionary last weekend and god I lost so bad.

Favourite type of boardgame

Probably something like clue? I love clue so much that it’s probably not healthy. But even monopoly is pretty fun