Not open for further replies.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Can't believe you've got me answering questions outside my AMA. I should be charging for this.

What are your favourite games you like to play with other people?

Mario Party. I want to make people hurt. I want to see them suffer.

On a less alienating note, I enjoy playing fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros; Mario Kart, League of Legends, Smite... I also noticed that a lot of people have Civ. I'll be very excited to play it with everyone but I don't own the games and don't know if my laptop can handle it...

Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently?

League and Smash Bros have been my go to games as of late.

Last boardgame you played?

Monopoly with my little sisters. I don't have the opportunity to play board games often.

Favourite type of boardgame?

I'm mostly ambivalent. Haven't played many board games.

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
What are your favourite games you like to play with other people?
I really enjoy playing just about any game with friends. In the video games department, I really like Mario Kart and Mario Party just because it gets people so delightfully salty. I also really enjoy games with playing cards, since they offer so much variety and can be played anywhere very quickly. Oh, and board games too of course, but more on that below.

Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently?
The multiplayer game I've played the most of is Town of Salem, which I think is pretty cool! I could see that working as a community event pretty well too, since it's free to play! Besides ToS, I've also played some Tooth and Tail and a little bit of Dead by Daylight, but although I really love that game, my laptop just can't run it well enough. I've also played Stardew Valley and Minecraft a lot, but mostly on single player. I'd love to try out multiplayer on either of those games though!

Last boardgame you played?
I think the last board game I played with friends was Settlers of Catan.

Favourite type of boardgame?
I really like the aforementioned Catan partially because I enjoy kicking my friends' asses in it. Did I say I was competitive yet?. In general though, I tend to prefer games that emphasize on strategy as opposed to luck. In that regard, I think Ticket to Ride is one of the best board games out there!

Last edited:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Sorry I haven't been around in here for a few days, been very preoccupied with other things for the most part.

I've added you @Mystical !

I don't really mean this to be like a literal survey, but more to just get a gauge on where people's preferences are at. Currently I am working on the club Discord, and it's important to see what people like to do so that I can structure this properly. Fun is my top priority! What you would like to see out of this club is something that interests me very much, and would appreciate seeing your suggestions and feedback.

I see that we all tend to enjoy fairly similar games, that's a good thing. How open are you all with regards to playing new things you've never done before? How much willingness do you have with regards to investing your own money into this group? Games cost money for the most part, and I realise it's a big ask, though as I say, I'm trying to refine this down a bit. For example, if there's enough interest in a Minecraft server, as generous as I am I don't really want to be the sole payor, I'd be interested in seeing multiple people fund it as a group project. This spreads the cost out.

In a similar vein, in order to play boardgames together effectively I'd be looking at Tabletop Simulator to do so. The questions left then are how many of you own this on Steam, or even have Steam at all, or how many of you do not have the game and aren't willing to pay the store price? Depending on the answers, I may need to seek an alternative. I looked into Tabletopia and it appears to be out of the question. At first glance it seemed promising, but it doesn't have many of the games that I would find fun. I can personally vouch for Tabletop Simulator in that it is a really great product (both in the way that it handles and the way it interacts with Steam Workshop to add more games to it, and the fact that only one of us needs to actually have a particular game in order for everyone to play it), but I can totally understand if people are unwilling to pay the price for it on Steam.

Last edited:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
For something like a Minecraft server in the event that there's gonna be a decent amount of people wanting to play I'd be willing to help out with the costs. After all MC is 10x more fun with other people.

I do own tabletop sim but I don't know if my laptop can run it, I could be wrong since I haven't tried but it'll be a 50/50 shot. I'll definitely give it a shot though!

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Thanks, Luke. I personally would prefer to not have to pay. And I don't really want to make others pay, either. In general, I'm pretty open to trying new games, and I could try to use Steam.

What are your favourite games you like to play with other people? Board games and card games. Specifically, monopoly comes to mind.

Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently? Does mafia count? xD otherwise none really.

Last boardgame you played? Hmm probably chess.

I don't really have a favorite type of boardgame. I'm open to any, really.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I would be willing to spend money... if I had money

Yea currently I don't have an income so I can't spend any money atm

So while I'm open to new free games, I'm afraid I can't pay for any games.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I don't mind spending money on games, tbh. I haven't bought myself any new games in a while though, since last summer when I got myself Sims 3 as a birthday present. I already own Tabletop Simulator since a friend got it for me as a gift a while ago, so that's not an issue. I also already own Minecraft, so that one shouldn't be an issue either. In terms of helping fund the cost for a Minecraft server, I think that'd depend on the cost of it. I have regular income from working, but I also want to ensure I can afford it before I commit to helping pay for it.

Also, for those of you who don't already have Tabletop Simulator and are worried about the cost of it, it is $19.99 right now on Steam, but Steam also does regular sales on stuff, so it may drop in price within the next month, especially during the Steam Summer Sale. The summer sale is always a great time to get games because they're marked down quite a bit, so you can get some really good deals on the games they offer.

Other Steam games that I already have that might be interesting to play with friends are Castle Crashers, Duck Game, Golf With Your Friends, and Worms Revolution. For Castle Crashers and Duck Game, they have a limit of 4 people per room; Duck Game does have a mod where you can have more than 4 people, but from the one time I tried it with some friends a while back, it was really laggy and made it really difficult to play. I'm not sure if Golf With Your Friends or Worms Revolution have limits on how many people can play together at once; I've only played them a few times with less than 4 people, so I'm not 100% sure on that front. Castle Crashers is $14.99, Duck Game is $12.99, Golf With Your Friends is $5.99 (but it's on sale for $3.89 until May 6th), and Worms Revolution is $14.99. Another thing to note about Golf With Your Friends is I think some older computers may have trouble running it? When I first got it, I was running it on an older laptop, and it kept crashing my laptop completely, which was really annoying and basically made it unplayable. I haven't had any problems with it on my newer laptop that I've had for almost 2 years now, so it's possible that it may just have been an issue central to me (none of my friends had issues either) because it was an old laptop that was really having issues towards the end of me using it, but just some food for thought in case we wanted to consider that game. I don't want anyone to spend money on a game that they may not be able to play.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Other Steam games that I already have that might be interesting to play with friends are Castle Crashers, Duck Game, Golf With Your Friends, and Worms Revolution.
I've never got to play through castle crashers even though i've wanted to for AGES and I love the Worms games but haven't played them in years so i'm 100% up for both of those as well

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Personally, I would be willing to spend some money on games we could play together. However, as I'm still a student, I don't exactly have the most steady income either, so I won't be able to spend too much (for now, I'd say about 20 bucks every two months or so would be a reasonable estimate). As for a Minecraft server, I think that'd be a great idea and I wouldn't mind pitching in for that, but that does depend on the cost of it.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Understandable, I appreciate that many people on this forum are of student age and that money is tight, that's why I wanted to bring up the subject early. To take what I said during the example of pooling together for a Minecraft server, how would people feel about if this idea was expanded to make a joint pot to help the less fortunate folk some vidyagames? For the record this isn't a super serious suggestion yet, I'm mainly just throwing up a bunch of ideas and see which ones take and which don't. However, in an effort to elevate the less income-tight folk, I think it would be cool to have a way for the more generous folks to help them out. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Furthermore, I mentioned earlier that I'd be interested in doing giveaways, rewards would come in the form of things like $10 Steam gift codes and such, which would also promote the previous idea. It would be nice to have that sort of group pot that we can draw on just to fund this club's events (I really want to stress that it will not be used for anything else). I am of course wary of one person being relied upon too much to keep donating (such as myself), but all of this is completely voluntary.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I feel like a good starting point, before we start adding donations and helping out monetarily, would be to talk about the games that we all already have and are willing to play, no?
I thought I might as well compile a lil list. In the spoiler are all the games I'm willing to play with y'all
Smash Bros Ultimate - Switch - I'm not that good at smash really but I do enjoy it, I'm just not super competetive.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Switch - I never get to play MH with people and MHGU is one of the harder games I play I like to think I'm p good at.
Worms W.M.D - Switch - Worms is fun and nobody ever has it :( I want to play it at some point

Don't Starve Together - Steam - A fun stylish survival game I enjoy quite a lot, dont often make it far because, yknow, same problem as the others i never have any damn people to play it with
Left 4 Dead 2 - Steam - Really solid 4 player multiplayer action mainly because all of the mods make it so so entertaining
Stardew Valley - Steam - Once again a game I never bloody make it anywhere with because of my lack of friends, but I enjoy it and i find it p relaxing
Terraria - Steam - one of my FAVE games of all time
Worms Revolution - Steam - See Worms W.M.D
Garry's Mod - Steam - GMOD is a really fun game to play with friends because of Prop Hunt, Murder, TTT and other similar game types and I sincerely miss playing it with my old internet friends

Minecraft - Literally all platforms I own - Versatile and fun! Better with more people. We talked about the server though you know how it goes

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Username: icelandic
Nickname(s): icelandic
Discord: Umm lemme get back to you on that
Boardgames or Videogames?: Por que no los dos?
Competitive or Cooperative?: When it comes to boardgames, I'm pretty competitive. And a terrible loser, sorry.
Extra: Extra, Read all about it! Nurgle Praised again!

What are your favourite games you like to play with other people? Usually either chess or trivia games. Chess should need no introduction. I'm distinctly average, but enjoy a good relaxed game on Lichess from time to time. Never got into blitz, it just means I play bad moves which is no fun. As for trivia games, they're one of the few types that aren't heavy on luck but end up well-balanced in my family, other games tend to get one person always winning.

Which multiplayer games have you been playing recently? Nothing actually, heh. On the videogame side I'm more for single-player.

Last boardgame you played? Technically not a board game because it was just cards, but the Pointless quiz game.

Favourite type of boardgame? Gonna go with abstract strategy. Chess, draughts, stratego, etc. Loads of good ones and they're really timeless.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Yeah, I think it's important to work with what we've got for now! I don't think paying money for things like a Minecraft server or gifts for others is a bad idea, but I think it's something we can do later on down the road. I think we'll be able to find some common ground somewhere along the line, and eventually, we may have the games others have and we'll be able to expand our horizons!

Games I'll Play With Others
• Castle Crashers
• Duck Game
• Golf With Your Friends
• Worms Revolution
• League of Legends (NA only for now, maybe EUW if I can remember my username and password for it lmao)
• Overwatch (NA only)
• Terraria
• Stardew Valley

All of my games are PC only right now since I don't have a Switch, and I'm not 100% sure if the 3DS still has online play; a quick Google search says yes, and if that's the case, then I also have Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS that I can play online with people. For what it's worth though, I'm generally willing to play games with people whenever, so even if it's just one or two of us playing together, I'd be down for it! ♥

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
okay okay i give
i also like playing games with other people
go figure

this isn't really narrowed to suit the club, just anything multiplayer for now. mmos are excluded tho, bc ya
i'm willing to spend money but my income isn't godlike so i might be slow to it.

alphabetized for your convenience, and here's my Steam account likewise. you'll have to friend me to see anything tho
Brawlhalla (1v1 me bet)
Don't Starve Together
Factorio
For the King
Hero Siege
Nuclear Throne (w/NTT mod)
Risk of Rain
Risk of Rain 2
Stardew Valley

BattleBlock Theater
Battlerite
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Castle Crashers
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Creativerse
Dungeon Defenders II
Dungeon Souls
Forced
NeuroVoider
Portal 2
Rampage Knights
Rayman Origins
Realm of the Mad God
Roguelands
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Smite
Spiral Knights
Starbound
Team Fortress 2
Terraria
Unturned

i'm excited to play with y'all, and for even more convenience here are games i share with the majority. and also Brawlhalla because.
-Brawlhalla
-Stardew Valley
-Terraria

whew that's short
i have an xbox one, switch, ps3, and 3ds as well.

ok bye

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
I agree with Rockie and Felly in the sense that it might be better to start with games that a lot of people already have and go from there. I've left a list of my current multiplayer games down below. Setting up some sort of fund to help other people play games is an option, although I feel this would work better for something like a joint Minecraft server than straight up giving other people Steam gift cards.

Games I can play with others:
  • Stardew Valley
  • Duck Game
  • Tooth and Tail
  • Monaco
  • Town of Salem (free and pretty fun)
  • Minecraft

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Yee, here's a list of games that I can play :)

Stardew Valley(Switch)
Minecraft
Roblox('tis free)
Town of Salem
Terraria
Dead by Daylight
Golf With Friends

Last edited:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Hey all, I'm really sorry for leaving this alone again. Haven't had much headspace for this the past week.

I agree that I might be getting a little ahead of myself, haha. Enthusiasm! I have tons of games I can play with others, many of which overlap with what you guys have listed here. Seems like too many to list, really. I have 2 TB worth of space on my computer, which translates into having a ton of potential games. Let's just say that whatever you may have, I most likely have as well. PC only, that is. I don't really do console gaming anymore.

With regards to the Discord server, what kinds of features/channels would you like to see? Also looking for suggestions for a server icon.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Hey all, I'm really sorry for leaving this alone again. Haven't had much headspace for this the past week.

I agree that I might be getting a little ahead of myself, haha. Enthusiasm! I have tons of games I can play with others, many of which overlap with what you guys have listed here. Seems like too many to list, really. I have 2 TB worth of space on my computer, which translates into having a ton of potential games. Let's just say that whatever you may have, I most likely have as well. PC only, that is. I don't really do console gaming anymore.

With regards to the Discord server, what kinds of features/channels would you like to see? Also looking for suggestions for a server icon.
I'm not really 100% sure how channels should be done. Obviously having the basics like rules and a general chat and an announcements channel, but otherwise, I dunno. I was thinking of channels for each individual game a lot of us have, but that may be a lil much. I guess maybe a general gaming channel and then individual channels for the games that are most popular among us. I feel like it'd be annoying to have a bunch of chats that aren't super active.

One thing that might be nice though is having roles for games. Like for people who have Minecraft, anyone who wants to play could just @Minecraft (or whatever the role name is), and people could respond that way. The roles could be opt in as well, so if people didn't want the role for whatever reason, they wouldn't have to have it.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is roles for games good, lots of channels that could possibly be dead bad. I feel like in terms of channels for individual games, it may be easier to figure that one out as we go.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I've considered those ideas as well, I like the idea of opt in roles. I was thinking something along the lines of a channel for types of games rather than individual ones for games (videogames and boardgames, primarily). In most cases anyway. Like as you say if a game is popular enough then that would probably warrant its own channel. I get the feeling this would have to be something fluid, rather than set in stone, until we find the right balance. Maybe a discussion channel for the most popular games (including one(s) for any semipermanent servers that may arise), separate channel for upcoming games people are looking forward to, and as you say for announcements, suggestions, etc. Unsure. Happy to trim things down as needs be, I'm very active in Discord so I'm not worried about changing things around as and when I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.