Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Oh, okay then Isa. There's no requirement to pay for anything, I was just inquiring. But I can understand about the time investment, so take care.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I've considered those ideas as well, I like the idea of opt in roles. I was thinking something along the lines of a channel for types of games rather than individual ones for games (videogames and boardgames, primarily). In most cases anyway. Like as you say if a game is popular enough then that would probably warrant its own channel. I get the feeling this would have to be something fluid, rather than set in stone, until we find the right balance. Maybe a discussion channel for the most popular games (including one(s) for any semipermanent servers that may arise), separate channel for upcoming games people are looking forward to, and as you say for announcements, suggestions, etc. Unsure. Happy to trim things down as needs be, I'm very active in Discord so I'm not worried about changing things around as and when I need to.
Yeah, when I was on a server with my friends (before I left them for being too toxic), there were separate channels and also roles for different games, and it was really nice, but there were also a lot of channels and roles, and it was really overwhelming and a lot of the chats ended up being dead because there was just too much going on. (I guess it also didn't help that they were all too focused on an online text-based RPG to really care too much about the other chats, but that's a story for another day.) Another friends server that I'm in has a similar issue, but that one is generally a little quieter anyways, so it's not really as much of a huge deal.

Probably the best way to go is general discussion, announcements, feedback/suggestions, and rules, then a general video games and general board games, then individual chats for games people seem to discuss a lot. Might be easier to not have individual chats for games right off the bat though, that way you can see what games get the most love from us and deserve a channel dedicated to it + a role and which games could probably just settle for a role. I feel like roles don't really hurt anything, it's just lots of dead channels do.

But at the end of the day, you're the guy in charge here, and I'm just spouting suggestions!

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
But at the end of the day, you're the guy in charge here, and I'm just spouting suggestions!

All good suggestions, I'll throw them in the blender and shake it all up!

Still on the hunt for a good server icon too!

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Apologies for the wait everyone, but @icelandic you have been added, and the club Discord is now live! I'll be sending out PMs shortly with invites. If you're interested in joining at a later date then please send me a message and we'll get you included!

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Excellent! Very fun times await- I look forward to actually playing some games for once

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
To cover some of the discussion made in the Discord server (with regards to Tabletop Simulator).

Some of us have it, some of us don't. We need to bring it in line for everyone who wishes to participate. The 4-code bundle deal is the best value for money by quite a margin, so that would be the best option for us all, given the number of people in this club. Further, the Steam Summer Sale will soon be upon us, so we agreed that it would make the most sense to wait, just in case it goes down in price. After doing a little digging, it appears that the date has been leaked, and that we should expect to see it begin June 25, 2019 at 10AM PST, and last for two weeks. It's not official of course, but nevertheless it's good to have some kind of date to look forward to. Once the time rolls around I will be checking out the store page for it and let you all know. I'd be willing to buy this 4-pack for people, but if others also wish to chip in for it, I would not be opposed to it. Someone did bring up a potential issue, depending on the currency difference between regions. Since there's no way to tell who will be affected by it at any particular time, that's just something we will have to deal with as and when the time comes.

In addition, though I/we mostly have our eyes set on TTS for when the Summer Sale goes live, is there anything in particular you folk are looking forward to buy but are waiting for it to go down in price soon? Specifically multiplayer games that we may enjoy together as part of this club, but it'd be interesting to hear of pretty much anything really. For myself I don't have anything in particular, but I do have quite an extensive wishlist that I may indulge should the price be attractive enough.

Last edited:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Okay it's time to get another ball rolling here. The weekly event. While the main focus will be on spontaneous setups, as mentioned in the first posts I would like to have a regular time slot. We need to pick the night that's best for all of us. Due to my timezone, it would be best for me in some time during the late evening CET, like around 11pm-2am. And given that I will need to be present to host these activities, the time slot probably won't move much. That will go for most days in the week, but I will throw up a Strawpoll to pick the best days for you lot.

Please post here to say once you've put in your vote.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Yeaaah, I'm not going to be able to make it at that time. Ever. So I'll hold off from voting on this...

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
I expect some pretty big changes in my schedule at the start of the new college year, so I'm not sure which day will be best for me then. I voted Saturday for now though, as that should still work for me by then.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Yeah it's probably gonna be round 4ish am for me, but I did go Saturday still.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
8 am?

...nah I'm not gonna make it

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Damn it.

Well the only way I could change it is to make it earlier, which would currently only benefit the non-US people. I'm not currently in a position where I can go into the dead of night to satisfy the American lot. My current job means my schedule is not fixed, no regularity at all. 11pm was picked as a safe bet because I'd definitely be home at that time. And I just realised that the timezone was wrong because I'm dumb >< I meant UTC, so it's actually an hour later.

I am hoping to hear back from a job I applied and was interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. If I get it, I'll have a stable schedule and I can ask this again if needed. I can even look into the possibility of a second session at a morning slot if that would interest people.

PSA that timezones suck, by the way.

It's kinda looking like we'll run this thing on a Saturday, which will be after my scheduled D&D. There'll be occasions when I can do this earlier, but those will be an as-and-when basis.

To the people who can't make the regular event, I am really sorry. I'll try not to leave you out in the cold though. We'll do other things that don't require a specific time each day, such as events and rented server.

Speaking of which, have another Strawpoll.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
The Minecraft server has been ordered and the first month is paid for! I am having a technical issue that I'm having someone take a look at for me, but I'm hoping that it'll be sorted and ready to go in time for tomorrow. So if you're eager to start playing, keep an eye out during tomorrow afternoon (my time, that is), and I'll ping people on Discord when they're free to enter.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Apologies for the triple post, but the server is now live and working! I encourage all our resident Minecrafters to come hang out (~6 right now). I realise that this is Smash Camp week, and so definitely not the best time to launch something like this, but from 1st-13th July I will be in Canada. During that time the only device of my own that I'll have is my phone, and I wouldn't be able to get this sorted until I got home. At least this way it's up, it's ready, you guys can come and go as you please, and I know that by the time I return things will have settled and I can prepare some nice events for us all to enjoy.

Near spawn you'll find a small communal house. Feel free to take a look, make a room of your own, do some improvements, leave your mark on it, spend a few days there while you get set up, before heading off into the wider world. Focus on your own stuff for now, do whatever you feel like doing. In the not-too-distant future, I intend to set up plans for things such as community build projects, and even storylines! Yes, I really do intend to have some kind of RP/G element to things. We all seem to like the idea of having lots of little towns everywhere and things to see like a good fantasy world, so I think something like plots would help us be even more immersed and get into the spirit of the server! As a matter of fact, I have it on good authority that there is a great and evil villain plotting their own evil plans... it is only a matter of time before the residents of the server will have to deal with such malicious mayhem!

In the meantime, while I am away, I will still check Discord regularly and I will attempt to find some time to browse the forums on my phone (though obviously in quite a limited capacity). If you have any questions or just want to chat, send me a PM and I'll to you when I can. Please keep this thread active while I'm gone!

To those who aren't interested in the Crafting of Mines, hang tight, I know it's not for everyone. I don't want you to feel excluded. The promised Steam Summer Sale is finally upon us! Tabletop Simulator is 50% off right now, including the bundle deal for extra value. The Sale lasts until July 9th, so now's your time to grab the things you want to get. Were there still some folks who wanted to get in on a 4-way pass? If so, please post here stating so, and I'll see what I can get fixed up for you lot before I shoot off to Canada. Beside that, what are people looking forward to getting during this great sale period? As usual for me, I don't really have anything specific in mind, but I always like to peruse and see if something catches my eye.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Username: Dregran
Nickname(s): D, Dr, Dre, Dreg, Dregr, Dregra
Discord: you have me on discord
Boardgames or Videogames?: BG + VG
Competitive or Cooperative?: Comp + Coop
Extra: Praise BasedNurgle

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Oh hey I guess I'll join as well

Username: ~Kilza~
Nickname(s): n/a
Discord: Just look in the Marriland server for me
Boardgames or Videogames?: Video games, though I'm fine with board games
Competitive or Cooperative?: Competitive, though I'm open to co-op
Extra: Purple Nurgle's cool

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Welcome to you! Both added! Expect your Discord links in your inboxes shortly!

May the dice gods favour you strongly!

I also cleaned up the member list (alphabeticised) and edited the third post to reflect recent changes while I was at it. Please take a look!

Last edited:

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Username: Mudkip_Mischief
Nickname(s): Mudkip, Carson
Discord: Yaboisceptile #6567
Boardgames or Videogames?: Videogames, but I dont has many ;-;
Competitive or Cooperative?: Both! but competitive preferably
Extra: elgrun nurgle glenur lengur nguler gulner ulnger

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Welcome to the crew! There'll be an invite to the Discord in your inbox, shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.