Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Steam's Summer Sale ends in a couple of days (on July 9th), so now might be a good time to buy Tabletop Simulator. Is there anyone else who doesn't have the game yet and would like to get the four-pack bundle together? It's quite a bit cheaper than buying four games separately, so it would be a good deal!

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I would like it

Don't have the money for it

but I would like it

I need a job

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Hey everybody, I'm back home now! Hope everything's been good while I've been gone. Sorry about the **** with the Summer Sale, it wasn't the optimal situation and I apologise if people felt a little left out thanks to the way it was handled. We'll get something figured out. There'll be more coming from me at a later date, but for now I just wanted to let people know that I'm back, before going to chill for a while.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Username:Varhii
Nickname(s): SG
Discord: Varhii#4823
Boardgames or Videogames?: Video Games
Competitive or Cooperative?: Competitive
Extra: Nurgle McJurgle

icelandic

Adept Trainer
I spent my games budget on Cities Skylines expansions, sorry.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
im not the craziest gamer but im tryna get back into it so uh yo lol

Username: smoky
Nickname(s): smoky
Discord: smoky#3717
Boardgames or Videogames?: probs videogames
Competitive or Cooperative?: cooperative
Extra: all hail nurgle tbh

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Holy **** I am a terrible person. I just wanted to say up front I am super sorry for neglecting this club. I'm also sorry that I somehow didn't see your application in good time @smoky , I hope you're still interested in joining (please message me or say here if you still want to be added to the Discord server).

I've had a lot of things taking up my time lately, between things like Smash Camp, my trip to Canada, then there's the (currently ongoing) Pokémon Draft League, a few other life commitments and drama, and of course finally work. Then when I have had free time I've just wanted to chill and play games by myself, as such as I've tended to neglect the forums as a whole, not just this club. But as I say I apologise. I want to get things back to proper activity again.

But first I'd like to talk about something that's been sort of bothering me, another reason why I've struggled to keep activity brewing in here. This is pretty much cut and pasted from the Discord server with some minor edits so sorry if you've already seen this once before. Back when I first had the idea for making this club, I felt like I had a ton of ideas about things to do and events to host. But now I feel like I'm stuck in this sort of limbo, because lately I've come to realise just how difficult organising things is. With everyone living in different timezones, each with their own game catalogue and varying willingness to spend money on (new) things, it's hard to find a good time and activity that suits everyone for a regular weekly (or even fortnightly) event. This is a big reason as to why I focused on the Minecraft server for a while, because it's at least one thing that draws a lot of attention in one place, with regularity, with a lot of common interest. It was something I could l leave chugging along and it would get a good amount of use while still contributing to the activity of this place. But of course that wasn't meant to be the main focus for this club, it just seems like a daunting task to be able to set up a proper board game/gaming night like I originally envisioned. While I do want to keep Minecraft an entertaining way to spend time with each other (though I've noticed activity wane there too, but I'm going to chalk it up to lack of engagement with the club as a whole, please let me know if this is correct), I need to keep pursuing my original goal at the same time.

Now here's where I'll need your feedback. Given how difficult organising a set day and time has shown itself to be, I'm wondering if it might be better to have a rotating, more relaxed time slot event where I put out a call every couple of weeks and say something like "Hey on this date and time, I'm looking to play x for a few hours" and see who's interested. Maybe if I get enough advance warning from people that they aren't interested in a particular thing or they can't make it, we can always change the designated activity to something potential attendees would prefer to do. I'll be honest and say that part of me was hoping that people would feel encouraged to make their own games together on the fly without solely relying on a regular scheduled event, but that's neither here nor there. It's on me to keep things busy here. Do you think this would be something that would work better, or do you feel like you've reached a point where this club is no longer for you? Be honest, I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to stick around after the negligence. Also please let me know even if it's other things keeping you away from here, maybe you've been in the same boat as me and had busy life stuff. I appreciate that we're now about heading back into school term time again, so I know that will affect some members.

Thanks for taking the time to read my essay.

Last edited:

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
hello sir can i have my pencil back you borrowed in year three

Username: Flo
Nickname(s): ^
Discord:Flo#5734
Boardgames or Videogames?: both
Competitive or Cooperative?: both
Extra: gurgle my nurgle

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I'm sorry about this everyone, but the club will have to close for now. I did pour in a lot of effort in the beginning, but once interest started to wane it became impossible to reel people back in. The Minecraft server held people for a while, but I will have to close down that server as it hasn't seen an active player in a few months. I think the biggest issue is that while we're all likeminded folks that want to play together, timezones are a total **** to plan around so we were never able to find a good day that suited everyone. There was also the issue of funding, many of our members either don't share the same games as each other or are even able to afford them.

That being said, I want to thank everyone who joined initially that wanted to make my little idea come to life, but with the above problems and now also my attendance on these forums dwindling as it is these days I can't feasibly make this work anymore.

I would probably have kept the Discord open if people wanted, but it isn't being used, so I will be closing that as well. If anyone wants to get in touch to talk about this (or anything really), you know where to find me.

Again, thanks everyone and sorry for disappointing you all. I had fun.

EDIT: I realise that there may be someone out there who will miss the Minecraft server, so with that in mind I shall be saving the world folder before I turn it off, so if you'd like a copy of those files then please send me a PM and I'll be happy to give them to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.