Body Appreciation thread

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Tbh, I don't have anything I like about my body. I used to be bullied (still get comments sometimes) about my young appearance. Unlucky genetics, and lack of proper diet and exercise has caused me constant hormonal imbalances, leaving me 5'6 and baby-faced at age 16. For reference, when my older brother was my age, he was 5'11, muscular (even though he didn't work out at all), and actually appeared his age. On top of the whole baby face thing, i'm really disproportionate. I'm pudgy in some areas, and scrawny in others. Because of all this, I'm really body conscious. I refuse to wear shorts anymore, due to people saying things like, "do you shave your legs"? Just typing this is getting me upset, I don't really like to talk about it that much, but I know none of you guys would make fun of me or anything, so I guess it's fine. I don't have much to appreciate about my body, however, I've learned to work with it. I wear slim fit jeans and flannels/hoodies to make myself look more proportionate (broader shoulders-skinnier waist and legs). I also put extra soles in my shoes, so I appear 5'7 to 5'8. By wearing baggy shirts/flannels/hoodies, my hips don't appear to jut out as much.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Tbh, I don't have anything I like about my body. I used to be bullied (still get comments sometimes) about my young appearance. Unlucky genetics, and lack of proper diet and exercise has caused me constant hormonal imbalances, leaving me 5'6 and baby-faced at age 16. For reference, when my older brother was my age, he was 5'11, muscular (even though he didn't work out at all), and actually appeared his age. On top of the whole baby face thing, i'm really disproportionate. I'm pudgy in some areas, and scrawny in others. Because of all this, I'm really body conscious. I refuse to wear shorts anymore, due to people saying things like, "do you shave your legs"? Just typing this is getting me upset, I don't really like to talk about it that much, but I know none of you guys would make fun of me or anything, so I guess it's fine. I don't have much to appreciate about my body, however, I've learned to work with it. I wear slim fit jeans and flannels/hoodies to make myself look more proportionate (broader shoulders-skinnier waist and legs). I also put extra soles in my shoes, so I appear 5'7 to 5'8. By wearing baggy shirts/flannels/hoodies, my hips don't appear to jut out as much.
for what it's worth, i've known plenty of guys who had thoughts like these about their body in their teens and a lot of it worked itself out in the next few years. you still have time to grow into your body so i wouldn't worry too much if you aren't happy with it. in fact LOTS of people feel rly awkward about their appearance at that age, i felt like a potato in my teens lmao, and then a combination of growing and finding your own sense of style just kinda overshadows that over time.

i hope you remember that and learn to appreciate the way you look!! also even if other people make the occasional rude comment (i still get those all the time), try to remember others don't actually think that much about your appearance and definitely aren't spending as much mental energy as you criticizing yourself.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
There are a lot of things that I like about my body. I'm a slightly bottom heavy hourglass with plenty of curves, round booty and chest. I have loose curls that are surprisingly easy to manage compared to others. I have smokey grey eyes that do a weird color change (it's a legit thing I found out about and I love it so glad I wasn't imagining it). I have large eyes, which help me be more feminine and long lashes to go along. I even have light body hair so I don't have to shave as often!

But I have a lot I hate. I hate my hipdips, which I always see and ruin good outfits for me some days. I hate my rounder face, with an odd double chin that I can't seem to get rid of. I hate how stubborn my acne is, I have to use strong stuff for it to stop popping up even if the bumps tend to be smaller. I can't stand my bumpy nose. Sure it might not be bad compared to others, but I wish it was slimmer. I hate the fat on me, even with thirty pounds lost I feel fat (especially my legs, ugh). I hate my stretch marks. I hate my toes, they feel too plump. I don't like my natural hair color, I can't wait to go blonde again or red. I hate how my hair refuses to straighten. I hate how fluorosis discolored my teeth so they'll never whiten without expensive treatment. And I could go on.

I feel bad talking about myself but I mean that's what this thread is for!

Last edited:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
There are a lot of things that I like about my body. I'm a slightly bottom heavy hourglass with plenty of curves, round booty and chest. I have loose curls that are surprisingly easy to manage compared to others. I have smokey grey eyes that do a weird color change (it's a legit thing I found out about and I love it so glad I wasn't imagining it). I have large eyes, which help me be more feminine and long lashes to go along. I even have light body hair so I don't have to shave as often!

But I have a lot I hate. I hate my hipdips, which I always see and ruin good outfits for me some days. I hate my rounder face, with an odd double chin that I can't seem to get rid of. I hate how stubborn my acne is, I have to use strong stuff for it to stop popping up even if the bumps tend to be smaller. I can't stand my bumpy nose. Sure it might not be bad compared to others, but I wish it was slimmer. I hate the fat on me, even with thirty pounds lost I feel fat (especially my legs, ugh). I hate my stretch marks. I hate my toes, they feel too plump. I don't like my natural hair color, I can't wait to go blonde again or red. I hate how my hair refuses to straighten. I hate how fluorosis discolored my teeth so they'll never whiten without expensive treatment. And I could go on.

I feel bad talking about myself but I mean that's what this thread is for!
you're so beautiful btwwwwwwwww♥

i'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if you're able and your acne is super stubborn, they'll be able to pinpoint why it's so stubborn and help you fix it. it could be something random in your diet or hormones or something, and using super strong skin products can actually hurt your skin more in the long run...

also i'm underweight and i have stretch marks too!! i've come to love them♥♥♥ they are cute pls don't be ashamed by them.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Thanks Katey, that's really nice of you to say!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Ever since I made that last post, I've been trying to find some things that I like and I think I've found a few:

My hair when I can get it right. I wear it in a bun, and I think it looks good if I have time to do it right.

My eyes. Similar to Athena, I have grey eyes (more of a bluish grey, not smoky) that change slightly to blue and green.

My smile. I don't like how my teeth look (they're kind of crooked), but I do this weird closed-mouth frown smile thing that I think looks okay, so it doesnt matter

My feet and hands. Even though I'm short for my family/age, my feet and hands are the same size and my dad and brothers

My neck/jawline. I have a pretty defined jawline now, while my neck and head used to basically be the same thing a few years ago lol.

My earlobes. I've been told they would be good for piercings or gauges.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Well, I never done this before in Azurilland, but now I feel ok doing it here. And plus, it'll be cool to examine myself and see how far I've come since my early teen years.

Just to get this out of the way: when I was a teen, I hated the way I looked, except for my weight and height.

Now, I've changed a LOT since then! I've always loved my height. I'm 6'1" now. I've always loved my weight. I've always been between the 140-150ish lbs mark, which is like on the very edge of a healthy weight for a guy like me. To go along with weight, I love how skinny I am. I also really love my hair, oh I love it! It gets greasy a lot, so I have to wash it often. When I get haircuts, it always goes smoothly because my hair isn't thick. When my hair is all clean, it shines and looks so lively! When I comb my hair with my fingers to get it to look the way I want it to, it looks amazing! My beard isn't half bad either. I love my fingers. People have always told me I have pianist fingers, and for guitar they are wonderful! I also love my smile. It took some time, but I love my smile. I also grew to really like my face. It used to look childish, but now it grew into a masculine face, which I like a lot.

Now for the things I don't like or wish were better. I do wish I was a tad bit taller, 6'3" to be exact. I love sports so having those few extra inches wouldn't hurt. I'm a bit too skinny. Even though it's nice being between 140-150, it is a bit worrisome to think about being so close to being underweight. There was a time where I was 130 for quite a while and I was dangerously close to suffering from some sort of major health illness like Anorexia. So being that close to the danger zone, especially after being there before and worrying everyday if something bad is gonna happen to me, it is a bit worrisome. Now, I'm happy with my eyes, but it would be cool to have blue eyes since blue is my favorite color, but I'm happy with them regardless. Now something I definitely don't like about my eyes and do wish was different is the fact I need to wear glasses. It would be so nice to have ideal vision. So nice. Also, like with everybody, acne sucks. It's not as bad anymore, not even close, thank goodness, but it's still barely there.

So that was a trip. It's amazing to see how far I've come since my teenage years. From hating almost everything to loving almost everything. It's nice :)

Last edited:

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
I try not to spend too much time dwelling on my body but since this thread's here... let's go.

It seems pretty typical and functional. I'm not particularly large/small. Maybe on the slightly slim side but I like that. I'm very mobile and it's important to me that I remain that way. Think I get acne on my back somewhat? Elsewhere too, but mildly. I'm much better on that front than when my face felt like bubbling lava in terms of how grim the acne got hah. I do like my hair too, especially in the winter when it keeps my head warmer... though I do often wear a hat too.

To be in pretty good physical health in general is fortunate for me and I'm always grateful for that, as long as it lasts.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I wasn’t very happy with how my previous posts turned out, so I’m starting this from scratch.

As a child I really didn’t care about what I looked like. The focus on my appearance didn’t really kick until puberty. I got anorexic from being insecure about my weight, and I started to believe all those people who called me ugly and gross. Now I’m kind of torn about my body. To save space, I’ll split this by my current likes and dislikes:

I love my body hair. My arms, legs, and chest look so much more mature now.

My eyes are a nice hazel brown with dark eyelashes and eyebrows complementing them.

I like how my dark brown hair is fine and long. It’s one of the better traits I got from my Mom.

My nose and lips are on the smaller side, giving more emphasis on my eyes.

My belly is relatively flat and toned.

My fingers are thin and my fingernails are big and rounded.

My thighs are fairly toned.

My hips are fairly wide. Most guys wouldn’t like having this, but I find it charming.

My jawline is sharp and defined.

If I don’t shave daily, I get a hideous neckbeard and peach fuzz mustache,

I have a cowlick that makes brushing my hair a pain.

My fingers are calloused from electronics use.

My big toes are curved unaturally due to wearing tight shoes.

I’ve had nasty acne on my forehead when I didn’t apply cream.

My arms and hands are flimsy.

My cheeks look really puffy, especially if I wear small glasses.

If I don’t wear deodorant, my armpits get really sweaty.

My neck naturally leans a little too far forward.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i wasn't sure if i should touch on this thread, since i have quite some issues with my self-image. but seeing everyone having at least a few things they like about themselves, i thought i could do this as an exercise, since i'm feeling well today!

the things i can say i like about myself atm are:
the length of my hair (tailbone length)
my eyes (cause they're kinda big)
my hands (cause they're small, but my fingers are long and slim)
my waist (cause it's small)
the proportions of my body length-wise (my legs are longer than my torso even though i'm short)
my nose (i feel like it's weird)
my hair (it's damaged)
my underbite (it's not very severe but my jaw pops, and i think i look weird)
my eyebrows (they're too thin)
my weight (i'm way too skinny but at the same time i get paranoid about weight gain)
my eyes (they're too round)
my height (too short)
my neck, shoulders, and back (too skinny)
my skin (i don't really have acne atm, but i have some redness and acne scars)
my ears (weird)
everything aaaaaaaaaaa

i still haven't accepted myself completely, but i've improved my self-image quite a bit, and i don't think i'm absolutely horrid anymore most of the time! lol

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Airin: I'm sure you're pretty. Haven't seen you, at least I don't think, but being short and skinny is not a bad thing. It's a trait. And despite what society may say, everyone can be beautiful in any shape or form. Unless it's related to health.

This last part goes for others, too.
thank you Isa, i appreciate it! you're very pretty too ❤

i don't care much about looks tbh, i see everyone else as beautiful and i appreciate diversity. i find "flaws" interesting and cute since they make a person unique. I'm saying this so i can clarify that just cause i don't like myself, doesn't mean i have insane standards or something lol! I don't think i'm a superficial person, and i don't want to make anyone feel bad or project my insecurities on others ever. It's not about being "pretty" or not at the end of the day, for me it's more of an acceptance of who i am as a whole, and just silence that little voice that keeps saying "be better" in my head. hope that makes sense ok .////. just trying to say that insecurities don't necessarily mean that we care too much about appearance, it's more of an issue of negative self-image in general, and low self-confidence!

good luck and much love to everyone on their journey to love themselves!

Last edited:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i find "flaws" interesting and cute since they make a person unique.
love this<3 when it comes to appearance, "flaws" are only flaws because they're being compared to whatever standard the world has put into our heads. unless it's related to well-being, there's no reason to see it that way

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Yoooooooooo, I wish I could do that. Mine only gets like halfway down my back before it just sorta stops.

So I guess being real skinny is good, but considering how my diet isn't fantastic and I don't get a lot of exercise I'm pretty sure my metabolism is just going to stop when I'm 45 and I won't notice until about 30 lbs later. So that could go either way.

Other than that I don't put a whole lot of work into my physical appearance, so I don't really have grounds to complain about anything. Having a mustache is a pain but honestly if I'm too lazy to take the two minutes to shave it off every other day that's my problem. I'm also pretty sure it's impossible for me to brush my teeth without choking and I don't know why.

Good things? For someone as skinny as me and who exercises as little as me, I can run pretty fast and throw pretty hard. I'm not sure why, since normally you'd need muscles to do those sorts of things. I'll take it I guess though. Being short(ish) was a pain in the neck in elementary school but at some point in high school the midget jokes went out of style so that's all right.

It's apparently socially unacceptable to do this after the age of about six, but that's other peoples' problem and not mine.

Yes I rinsed the pot after I was done with it.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Yoooooooooo, I wish I could do that. Mine only gets like halfway down my back before it just sorta stops.
i think it's genetics? my hair has pretty much stopped growing too i believe, maybe there's only a certain length our hair can grow :thonkazurill:

Vee

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Oh man. I am very self-conscious about myself and will especially beat myself up over the way I look.

Let's start off with the positive and some things I like.

- My eyes. They're fairly big and a pretty shade of blue.

- My skin. While reading through this thread, I noticed a lot of people struggle with acne. Although I am way too pale for beauty standards here (everyone wants a tan), I've never had any acne so I'll take that as a win. I do have freckles but those are quite cute so I don't mind them.

- My height. I am 170 cm, which is relatively tall for a female here. Most of the height is in my legs btw.

- My hair. I do have to curl it because I have naturally straight hair, but I like the shade of brown and how I have a few lighter strands mixed in there.

- My hands and wrists. I have very slender/petite hands with long but thin fingers. My wrists are very small, I can wrap my thumb and index finger around them and still have a little gap.

Now for the things I don't like...

- My weight/belly/waist. My weight is technically fine for my height, at about 55 kg, I just can't help but notice the excess fat around my tummy and on my waist. I don't do any exercise at all, so all my weight is 100% fat. It doesn't help that my mom has a natural slender waist without having to follow any sort of diet. I just can't help but compare myself...

- My chest. Pretty much non-existent, only my left breast developed while the right one was like -- nope. Used to make a big deal out of it as a teen, now I'm sort of okay with it but I do still wish they were even in size.

- My nose. Very small which makes my face (profile view) look FLAT. Also my nostrils are fairly large so I kind of look like a pig. :'')

- Short neck. I have to be careful about bending my head down because it creates a double chin in no time.

- Babyface. I have a very round face with squishy cheeks so I pretty much look like a child even at the age of 24. > < While I don't really like super defined cheekbones either, I do wish my face was a little more oval-shaped and less child-like.

Let me expose myself and add a photo under the cut. This was taken with an app called SNOW which automatically adds a filter to make your skin look pale but I already have pale skin so it doesn't really make a difference. xD

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Let me expose myself and add a photo under the cut. This was taken with an app called SNOW which automatically adds a filter to make your skin look pale but I already have pale skin so it doesn't really make a difference. xD

you're adorable!! i love your hair, it looks very flowy and healthy, and your glasses compliment your face very well ^^

Reactions: Vee

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Okay I guess I might as well try to be constructive with my appearance for once lol

-I’m fond of the shape of my face? Like it’s very smooth and oval like so I am a fan of that

-My hair is rather thick and it does fun things sometimes when I let it be natural. And the dark hair is a pretty nice thing to have too

-I like the fact that my skin is reletively clear and free from acne.

-I like the shade of brown my eyes are, and that my eyes are reletively big. Brown is pretty common but I still like it!

-The way facial hair grows on my face is pretty nice looking. To a certain extent

-I like my natural build since I’m not too skinny or chubby

Dislikes
-Gosh I hate the shape of my nose. The way it inflates when I try to make a weird face,kind of helps in that specific context...but I still hate it

-Not a fan of my height. I’m like scarily average, standing at a solid 5’10. My little brother outgrowing me has pretty much killed self esteem

-My cheeks seem kind of inflated sometimes! I mean it helps with the oval shape of my face but it looks puffy sometimes

That’s about it surprisingly...I expected more in the dislike corner tbh
i still haven't accepted myself completely, but i've improved my self-image quite a bit, and i don't think i'm absolutely horrid anymore most of the time! lol
You are a precious egg so you are not allowed to say that :madazurill:

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Meh, I'm comfortable in my own skin.