Body Appreciation thread

Vonun

Tattoo Artist
AKA
Vonny
Time Zone
Time is an illusion
Alright, so I look twelve and its probably because I never wear any makeup or really do much to make myself look older. I really like my eyebrows, everyone says they are amazing. Im 5'1 and pretty proud of it, even though it can be a major struggle at times. I made some body modifications that I am more than pleased with, like I have five big tattoos, I shaved part of my hair and its also dyed half black and blonde (getting it to platinum) and soon I am planning to get my tongue pierced because I am an edgy young adult.

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
Tbh, I don't have anything I like about my body. I used to be bullied (still get comments sometimes) about my young appearance. Unlucky genetics, and lack of proper diet and exercise has caused me constant hormonal imbalances, leaving me 5'6 and baby-faced at age 16. For reference, when my older brother was my age, he was 5'11, muscular (even though he didn't work out at all), and actually appeared his age. On top of the whole baby face thing, i'm really disproportionate. I'm pudgy in some areas, and scrawny in others. Because of all this, I'm really body conscious. I refuse to wear shorts anymore, due to people saying things like, "do you shave your legs"? Just typing this is getting me upset, I don't really like to talk about it that much, but I know none of you guys would make fun of me or anything, so I guess it's fine. I don't have much to appreciate about my body, however, I've learned to work with it. I wear slim fit jeans and flannels/hoodies to make myself look more proportionate (broader shoulders-skinnier waist and legs). I also put extra soles in my shoes, so I appear 5'7 to 5'8. By wearing baggy shirts/flannels/hoodies, my hips don't appear to jut out as much.

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Tbh, I don't have anything I like about my body. I used to be bullied (still get comments sometimes) about my young appearance. Unlucky genetics, and lack of proper diet and exercise has caused me constant hormonal imbalances, leaving me 5'6 and baby-faced at age 16. For reference, when my older brother was my age, he was 5'11, muscular (even though he didn't work out at all), and actually appeared his age. On top of the whole baby face thing, i'm really disproportionate. I'm pudgy in some areas, and scrawny in others. Because of all this, I'm really body conscious. I refuse to wear shorts anymore, due to people saying things like, "do you shave your legs"? Just typing this is getting me upset, I don't really like to talk about it that much, but I know none of you guys would make fun of me or anything, so I guess it's fine. I don't have much to appreciate about my body, however, I've learned to work with it. I wear slim fit jeans and flannels/hoodies to make myself look more proportionate (broader shoulders-skinnier waist and legs). I also put extra soles in my shoes, so I appear 5'7 to 5'8. By wearing baggy shirts/flannels/hoodies, my hips don't appear to jut out as much.
for what it's worth, i've known plenty of guys who had thoughts like these about their body in their teens and a lot of it worked itself out in the next few years. you still have time to grow into your body so i wouldn't worry too much if you aren't happy with it. in fact LOTS of people feel rly awkward about their appearance at that age, i felt like a potato in my teens lmao, and then a combination of growing and finding your own sense of style just kinda overshadows that over time.

i hope you remember that and learn to appreciate the way you look!! also even if other people make the occasional rude comment (i still get those all the time), try to remember others don't actually think that much about your appearance and definitely aren't spending as much mental energy as you criticizing yourself.

AKA
Athena, Thena
Time Zone
PST
There are a lot of things that I like about my body. I'm a slightly bottom heavy hourglass with plenty of curves, round booty and chest. I have loose curls that are surprisingly easy to manage compared to others. I have smokey grey eyes that do a weird color change (it's a legit thing I found out about and I love it so glad I wasn't imagining it). I have large eyes, which help me be more feminine and long lashes to go along. I even have light body hair so I don't have to shave as often!

But I have a lot I hate. I hate my hipdips, which I always see and ruin good outfits for me some days. I hate my rounder face, with an odd double chin that I can't seem to get rid of. I hate how stubborn my acne is, I have to use strong stuff for it to stop popping up even if the bumps tend to be smaller. I can't stand my bumpy nose. Sure it might not be bad compared to others, but I wish it was slimmer. I hate the fat on me, even with thirty pounds lost I feel fat (especially my legs, ugh). I hate my stretch marks. I hate my toes, they feel too plump. I don't like my natural hair color, I can't wait to go blonde again or red. I hate how my hair refuses to straighten. I hate how fluorosis discolored my teeth so they'll never whiten without expensive treatment. And I could go on.

I feel bad talking about myself but I mean that's what this thread is for!

Last edited:

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
There are a lot of things that I like about my body. I'm a slightly bottom heavy hourglass with plenty of curves, round booty and chest. I have loose curls that are surprisingly easy to manage compared to others. I have smokey grey eyes that do a weird color change (it's a legit thing I found out about and I love it so glad I wasn't imagining it). I have large eyes, which help me be more feminine and long lashes to go along. I even have light body hair so I don't have to shave as often!

But I have a lot I hate. I hate my hipdips, which I always see and ruin good outfits for me some days. I hate my rounder face, with an odd double chin that I can't seem to get rid of. I hate how stubborn my acne is, I have to use strong stuff for it to stop popping up even if the bumps tend to be smaller. I can't stand my bumpy nose. Sure it might not be bad compared to others, but I wish it was slimmer. I hate the fat on me, even with thirty pounds lost I feel fat (especially my legs, ugh). I hate my stretch marks. I hate my toes, they feel too plump. I don't like my natural hair color, I can't wait to go blonde again or red. I hate how my hair refuses to straighten. I hate how fluorosis discolored my teeth so they'll never whiten without expensive treatment. And I could go on.

I feel bad talking about myself but I mean that's what this thread is for!
you're so beautiful btwwwwwwwww♥

i'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if you're able and your acne is super stubborn, they'll be able to pinpoint why it's so stubborn and help you fix it. it could be something random in your diet or hormones or something, and using super strong skin products can actually hurt your skin more in the long run...

also i'm underweight and i have stretch marks too!! i've come to love them♥♥♥ they are cute pls don't be ashamed by them.

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
Ever since I made that last post, I've been trying to find some things that I like and I think I've found a few:

My hair when I can get it right. I wear it in a bun, and I think it looks good if I have time to do it right.

My eyes. Similar to Athena, I have grey eyes (more of a bluish grey, not smoky) that change slightly to blue and green.

My smile. I don't like how my teeth look (they're kind of crooked), but I do this weird closed-mouth frown smile thing that I think looks okay, so it doesnt matter

My feet and hands. Even though I'm short for my family/age, my feet and hands are the same size and my dad and brothers

My neck/jawline. I have a pretty defined jawline now, while my neck and head used to basically be the same thing a few years ago lol.

My earlobes. I've been told they would be good for piercings or gauges.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Well, I never done this before in Azurilland, but now I feel ok doing it here. And plus, it'll be cool to examine myself and see how far I've come since my early teen years.

Just to get this out of the way: when I was a teen, I hated the way I looked, except for my weight and height.

Now, I've changed a LOT since then! I've always loved my height. I'm 6'1" now. I've always loved my weight. I've always been between the 140-150ish lbs mark, which is like on the very edge of a healthy weight for a guy like me. To go along with weight, I love how skinny I am. I also really love my hair, oh I love it! It gets greasy a lot, so I have to wash it often. When I get haircuts, it always goes smoothly because my hair isn't thick. When my hair is all clean, it shines and looks so lively! When I comb my hair with my fingers to get it to look the way I want it to, it looks amazing! My beard isn't half bad either. I love my fingers. People have always told me I have pianist fingers, and for guitar they are wonderful! I also love my smile. It took some time, but I love my smile. I also grew to really like my face. It used to look childish, but now it grew into a masculine face, which I like a lot.

Now for the things I don't like or wish were better. I do wish I was a tad bit taller, 6'3" to be exact. I love sports so having those few extra inches wouldn't hurt. I'm a bit too skinny. Even though it's nice being between 140-150, it is a bit worrisome to think about being so close to being underweight. There was a time where I was 130 for quite a while and I was dangerously close to suffering from some sort of major health illness like Anorexia. So being that close to the danger zone, especially after being there before and worrying everyday if something bad is gonna happen to me, it is a bit worrisome. Now, I'm happy with my eyes, but it would be cool to have blue eyes since blue is my favorite color, but I'm happy with them regardless. Now something I definitely don't like about my eyes and do wish was different is the fact I need to wear glasses. It would be so nice to have ideal vision. So nice. Also, like with everybody, acne sucks. It's not as bad anymore, not even close, thank goodness, but it's still barely there.

So that was a trip. It's amazing to see how far I've come since my teenage years. From hating almost everything to loving almost everything. It's nice :)

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Forgot to mention a few things in my original post.

I’m not a big fan of my face (aside from my eyebrows). My chin and nose are super wide and my cheeks spread out a ton whenever I smile. In some pictures I almost look like a chipmunk.

Ever since people started making fun of my hands, I’ve been really insecure about them. They’ve been calloused from electronics use and look slightly bony. “Shrek Hands” is my most common insult (aside from POS and idiot).

I’m as pale as they get. Whenever I get a slight tan, it goes away after a week. Everyone else in my family has a dark tan which makes me stand out like a sore thumb.

On the positive end of the spectrum, I like my arms. They’re long and have a good reach. Thanks to using my elliptical, I even developed small muscles on them.

This is embarrassing to admit, but I’m actually proud of my rear. It’s nice and I wouldn’t tone it for the world.

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
I try not to spend too much time dwelling on my body but since this thread's here... let's go.

It seems pretty typical and functional. I'm not particularly large/small. Maybe on the slightly slim side but I like that. I'm very mobile and it's important to me that I remain that way. Think I get acne on my back somewhat? Elsewhere too, but mildly. I'm much better on that front than when my face felt like bubbling lava in terms of how grim the acne got hah. I do like my hair too, especially in the winter when it keeps my head warmer... though I do often wear a hat too.

To be in pretty good physical health in general is fortunate for me and I'm always grateful for that, as long as it lasts.