Café Marriland - Come Dine With Us!

Which ingredient should our first club event focus on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Good god, I'm not even a pancake or cinnamon roll kinda person, but those look incredible.

I wish I had the motivation to cook more. I used to do it kinda frequently before I started my job, but I get home late enough that I just have enough energy to make myself a sandwich or heat up something frozen.

Come to think of it, I've got a homemade mac-and-cheese recipe that I haven't made in a while, and this thread's got me in the mood for it. I even get off work kinda early tomorrow. I think I know what I'm doing when I get home from work.

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
They're good but very dense and sweet. I ended up being able to eat much less than I expected

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I'm already over my calorie limit and I'm hungry again by seeing that...

My grandma made the best teryaki chicken for dinner tonight. It was a little spicy but it smelled so amazing and it was perfectly cooked. I love my grandma's cooking:hearteyesazurill:

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Welcome @Revan!

I highly recommend trying out the recipe, @Rockie. Baked, homemade macaroni and cheese is so different from out of the box stuff that it's practically a completely different food. I hate store bought, out of the box mac and cheese like Kraft Dinner, but this baked mac and cheese is really really good! I don't know how well a sweet cracker topping would go since it's a fairly savoury dish, but I'd definitely be interested to hear how it goes if somebody is willing to try it. Usually the cheese we use for it is cheddar, marble, or occasionally old cheese.

And @Rex, those pancakes look pretty damn good. I'm not surprised that they're fairly dense, that's the impression I got when I heard "cinnamon bun pancakes". I'd love to try it out sometime, I've been meaning to make myself some pancakes, but I lack the utensils I need to make them properly right now.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
yeah cheap boxed macaroni and cheese can be real gross, stuff like kraft is kind of a disgrace to cheese lol. i still buy store bought boxes but i only find certain brands tolerable.. rn i've been buying the walmart brand (Great Value Artisan Crafted), I have no idea why but it tastes rly rly good lol. usually walmart brand is a huge disappointment but this was a good find. the italian five cheese flavor is my favorite and i like putting parmesan on it or bacon bits

probably still doesn't even come close to homemade mac and cheese though. i gotta try making it one of these days. just feel like i have no time..since i gotta bus from work (and sometimes to work if my roommate can't drive me) which eats up a lot of my day........ i always tell myself when i get a car i'll cook & bake more lol

Last edited:

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
I understand. In my opinion it's unrealistic to look down on people for using boxed, store brand stuff. Time is the most valuable resource of all and sometimes we just don't have enough of it. In fact, the biggest reason why I dislike KD so much is because that's what my family always defaulted to when we didn't have the time or energy to cook: Kraft Dinner and hot dogs. God, I hate Kraft Dinner and hot dogs.

If people can find ways to make boxed stuff enjoyable for themselves then frankly I'm happy for them.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Name: ~Kilza~
Nickname: ~Kilza~
Pronouns: He/him
Favourite Food: Ravioli
Extra: I tend to have scrambled eggs a lot

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Low key think we should have a post dedicated to recipes so they're easy to find, haha. I'd love to try some of these recipes when I get a chance to! Especially those cinnamon roll pancakes. I love pancakes and cinnamon rolls, so together, I think they'd be super nice. I really like pasta too, but baking pasta has never gone well for me. It's just something I'll have to keep working at, I guess.

I'm not a huge fan of boxed dinners either. I used to eat a lot of the Kraft or Velveeta mac & cheese when I was younger, but then I realized "hey, I can get a box of pasta and a thing of cheesy pasta sauce and it's the same thing," so I started doing that. I'm having to spend a lil more to make it, but I feel like it's better that way. I feel like you also get more too.

In terms of cooking my own food, I've been doing it a lot more since we haven't been in the hotel and we can actually cook stuff. (The stove at the hotel didn't really work well, so we just thrived off of microwaved foods and eating out.) Scrambled eggs have been my go to because they're pretty quick and simple, but I did make pizza when we first moved in, after we got cookware and stuff. I'm really trying to expand my horizons with the foods I can make, so I'm trying to get some recipes down so I can have different foods to make.

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Welcome Kilza!

Yeah, I'll be formulating a "recipe book" of sorts in one of the future proof posts at the beginning of the thread. It'll take a little bit of time but I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of the day once I finish with my irl responsibilities for the day

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I'll post one of my recipes when I find the time (and ingredients) to cook them. Or bake, as the case may be. My Great Grandmother handed down a recipe to my grandmother and we recently found out that she'd gotten the recipe from my Great Great Grandmother. It's a chocolate cake recipe, and I swear it's delicious.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I agree, that sounds like a great idea to have recipes on a specific post! I know I love sharing food and by extension the recipes for that food.

My family has an amazing chocolate cake recipe too, it's called Death by Chocolate and is almost brownie-like in texture but still cakey. The frosting is the best part though, smooth and so rich I used to try to steal bits from the pot after my mom frosted as a kid! On my other side we have chocolate roll, which is a sponge cake with wipped cream and fruit in the center, and a smooth milk chocolate frosting outside. I'm not at all surprised by my sweet tooth when I grew up with this stuff lol.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I only know how to cook quesadillas, but I really want to learn more!

Name: Neb
Nickname: Benjamin
Pronouns: He/Him
Favourite Food: Orange Chicken
Extra: A chicken egg dish with rice is one of the tastiest dishes I’ve ever eaten.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Oh my gosh @DeepSeaPrincess those sound delicious

...and I'm a huge fan of chocolate too...

I really want them now ;;

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
I'm not a very big fan of chocolate. Back when I was younger I had an awful chocolate cake from Chuck E. Cheese, and I haven't enjoyed super chocolately things since.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I do like most kinds of chocolate. Chocolate marshmallow is arguably my favorite ice cream flavor, yum.

And welcome, Kilza and Neb! Ravioli sounds delicious. I always like some good macaroni and cheese, too.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Name: Dregran
Pronouns: He/him
Favourite Food: Eggs Benedict (but also all Mexican food)
Extra: Quiche is op.

Heck yeah I love food!!

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
I'm not a very big fan of chocolate. Back when I was younger I had an awful chocolate cake from Chuck E. Cheese, and I haven't enjoyed super chocolately things since.
that's so sad :cryingazurill:

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Chocolate is good, but only when it is actually good. Cheap chocolate tastes awful. I'm really picky about chocolate and only choose what really tastes good.

Also regarding chocolate, if anyone wants to visit Norway, try some of the Freia chocolate because it is really good. I'm saying all about this because that chocolate is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.