Café Marriland - Come Dine With Us!

Which ingredient should our first club event focus on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
any update on event? i think i know what i wanna make heheheh....... but it'll have to wait for a few days
Yes, I'm sorry. There's been a lot going on in my personal life and I've had to put my post on the backburner while I sort that out. I'm hoping to have things sorted out some tomorrow and then either get things up tomorrow evening or Friday. I'm sorry for the delay, everyone.
don't be sorry!! was just curious, it doesn't really matter when the event goes up, personal stuff always comes first:)

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010

Café Marriland Ingredient Spotlight
Welcome to the first event for our club, the ingredient spotlight! Every other month we'll be focusing on a different ingredient, with activities and discussion about it. This month's ingredient is Chocolate! So, let's see everyone's best efforts at a chocolate based dish. Recipes and photos submitted will have a special focus given to them at the beginning of the thread, provided that chocolate is the central focus of the dish. In the meantime, I'll pose some themed questions for everyone to answer and maybe start some conversation around.

What is your favourite kind of chocolate?

Which flavours do you think compliment chocolate the best?

What is your fondest chocolate related memory?

Those are all the questions for now. Let your imagination fly and I hope your chocolate creations turn out wonderfully! For those of you who might have allergies or dietary needs that prevent you from working with chocolate, feel free to provide us with your berry creations! Given the widespread tie between ingredients, I figure that berries would be the best secondary ingredient to chocolate due to their similar roles in cooking.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
yeeeyyyy im so excited im gonna go shopping for the ingredients for my entry tomorrow after work

personally mine is dark chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing quite like milk chocolate though, they are very close. i think i've loved every kind of chocolate i had, from fancy to 58 cents next to the check out registers, except i'm not so hot on white chocolate.

COFFEE!!!!!!! mint and peanut butter are also godtier. also some fruits. why is chocolate so versatile and amazing hhh

good question, probably something related to a holiday as a child hehe

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Uhhh...... all of the chocolate?
Except crunchies. All chocolate except crunchies are my favourite
...I have a problem

Strawberries! I like strawberries mixed in with chocolate :)

An Easter Egg hunt :)

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled

I like white chocolate the best tbh, but milk chocolate is good as well. Dark chocolate is ok.

Berries.

I really don't have any fond food related memory lol, but if I had to choose, it's that I made some damn delicious cheesecake brownies.

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
What is your favorite kind of chocolate?
Milk chocolate is definitely my favorite. As I get older and my tastes sort of 'mature', I'm starting to appreciate dark chocolate more as well. White chocolate is not for me though, I think it's way too sweet.

Which flavours do you think compliment chocolate best?
Coffee and berries go really well with chocolate in desserts. When it comes to chocolate bars, I like pieces of peanut of hazelnut in the chocolate.

Probably eating chocolate ice cream while on holiday in the Italian Riviera!

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I like all chocolate but dark. However, dark chocolate is superior paired with mint e.g after eights and mint chocolate ice cream.

Depends on the chocolate! Dark chocolate and mint, milk chocolate and peanut butter is incredible, white chocolate and vanilla is also exceptional.

Well as a kid I was allergic to food colouring so i couldn't really have any candy, so I just had chocolate all the time instead. Got me through a rough period of sugar-addicted adolescense.

I'll definitely try and think of something to make though desserts are far from what I usually make so who knows!

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Honestly, I'm not really a chocolate guy, but sometimes I just get a bit of a craving for milk chocolate and nothing else will do.

I like chocolate with mint, caramel, or almonds a lot.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It'll be good to get more into baking, I think. I don't do it very often, but I like it when I do.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually

Milk is my favorite but I love all kinds!

Mint, peanut, cherry, caramel...usually stronger flavored things pair well with chocolate because chocolate can easily overpower other things.

My dad used to get us each a chocolate orange on Christmas for our stockings. I still feel happy every time I see them in a store because even if he didn't have much money he wanted me to have a great time each year.

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
I love White Chocolate in small amounts. Too much makes me sick, Milk Chocolate is better for stuffing your face. Dark Chocolate is bad on its own. It has to be complimented with something to be bearable.

Peanut Butter and Caramel are my favorite flavors to mix with Chocolate.

I don't really have any strong memories associated with Chocolate. As far as candy is concerned, chocolate is low tier

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Milk chocolate all the way. I like white chocolate and dark chocolate too, but milk is always my go too. I gotta be in the mood for white or dark chocolate.

Caramel or berries are really good with chocolate. Also bananas or pineapple. I've also had a really good chocolate that's had orange in it!

I dunno if I have any really strong chocolate related memories, but I mentioned somewhere else in the thread that the library I used to volunteer at in high school/my early college years did a chocolate program where we got to try all these different kinds of chocolate, and that was pretty chill, so I guess I'll go with that.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
As for myself, I love milk chocolate the most. In terms of my favourite chocolates, from most to least, it's milk > dark > white.

Gotta say bread, though caramel and banana also work well.

Hmm, don't really have any. Not even Valentine which is usually associated with chocolate.

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Crap, I'm sorry Atlus. I don't know how I missed you because I knew you had joined. I guess I just assumed I had added you when I didn't. You're on the list now.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
What is your favourite kind of chocolate? Honestly just milk chocolate. I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolates. Not sure why. :s

Strawberries. <3

Do not really have any memories specifically relating to chocolate, but around valentines day there are these delicious truffle like things with strawberry creme filling that I absolutely loved. Wish they had those year'round. ;w; Also Sonic Chocolate shakes are the best!!

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Figured I'd share my first attempt at making my chocolate based dish! I wanted to go for a chocolate cheesecake, and I figured I'd go ahead and add the berry part of it too! My goal was to make a no bake chocolate cheesecake with cinnamon chocolate chips and a strawberry glaze. I found the cinnamon chips in the store and figured I'd give them a chance, haha, and they're actually pretty good!

Not going to share the recipe just yet though because the cheesecake had more of a pudding consistency. I think I did a lot of things wrong here, and I want to fix things before I share the recipe here. For the crust, I didn't make quite enough, so I had to do it twice and I also think I added too much butter. For the cheesecake itself, it didn't really have a cheesecake consistency when I made it, it was more like cake batter before I refrigerated it (and it sat in the fridge for 2 days before I made the glaze). After refrigerating, it was more like pudding. I think the glaze is holding it all together, which is probably the only part that came out right, I think, but it's still more pudding-y than cheesecake-y.

On the plus side, it still tastes good! My mom had a slice tonight and she liked it, and I tasted a little bit of it after it was all said and done and liked it, so it wasn't completely awful. I just have to work on the consistency of things, and I think I more or less know how to fix that. Figured I'd at least share a picture of my first attempt though, with the hopes that maybe the second attempt will come out better! (And if not, well, I guess I'm learning how to make chocolate sugar cookies lmao.)

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
Name: Ruellia
Nickname: Mel, Rue, or Melty
Pronouns: She/Her
Favourite Food: Katsudon
Extra: Hard boiled~

Last edited:

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Does a brownie in a mug count as a chocolate dish? Made one of those about a week ago and it's the closest I've gotten, heh.
If chocolate is the central focus of the dish, then yeah, absolutely. I'd say a brownie is definitely chocolate-focused enough.

Welcome @Ruellia! You've been added to the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.