Miss Fortune said:
- Pulled into a room by Miss Fortune, a hero who claims she can see what the future isn't.
- Entmark is aware of Kara's location.
- Celestia is trapped in the world by some kind of dream and promise. She is not the killer.
- The killer relishes their role as such, and is employed in the area.
- The chosen crew will escape alive, but will pay with the lives of others. The "Charred Duchess" will "descend from the ashen heaven".
- Miss Fortune then dies, and Celestia's LED counts down.
The floating camera said:
- All agree that this rule change means that this serial killer will be through before the end of the day.
- Haru brings up that information must be found.
- Zander starts looking into the methodology of killing (specifically, energy spikes)
- Zeal laments that too many have died today. Haru tells Zeal that she gets used to it. Zeal calls Haru scary.
- Small tangent out of the way, Zander and Haru start focusing on an energy field. Zander pinpoints it, whereas Haru uses her magic to pin it down.
- Haru calls Jiyu to help, Jiyu calls Haru a "solo player", and Haru gets suspicious of Jiyu, thinking she knows too much.
- Haru knocks down the energy source, just to find it's a floating camera. The energy otherwise slips away.
- Jiyu notices Zeal ****ing off and runs after her. The others end up splitting up in kind.
- Zeal's picking at a closed, password-guarded gate. Jiyu finds her and Zeal laments that it needs a password, and she's gonna just break through.
- Jiyu simply hooks into it and hacks the two of them through.
- Jiyu floats down, while Zeal clambers down on the ladder. Jiyu tells Zeal she only needed to ask next time.
- The room they find themselves in has a bunch of computers saying "TRUTH" on them, and someone inside is working on a computer listening to Nickleback. Zeal goes to investigate further, and in walks the Suit Man. He snaps his fingers, and the "TRUTH" on the screen changes to "SHINE". The man and the laptop he was working on disappears, along with the suited man.
- Zeal shines some light onto the "SHINE" screens, which reveals "IN" being circled in purple paint. She continues to shine on it to the point that the paint of one particular screen leaks out of the screen, and pixels in the screen start to die. The other screens have the same thing: "IN" being circled.
- Jiyu notices a security camera, and tries to hack into it to see if there's anything to do with it. There isn't, so she breaks it.
- Jiyu starts hacking into the computers to try to find information. Zeal asks if there's any information on Raskaeria, Presidium, or Elliot Hawks. Turns out Raskaeria has been giving cash injections to Peter Kingston, and Lamina DeVleram is someone who is maintaining the same credit score despite spending ridiculous amounts of cash. Raskaeria has been moving a lot of money to burner accounts, and Elliot Hawks has missed 3 rent payments.
- Zeal investigates the area where the Nickback computer boy was, and finds nothing, though she notices it smells of books.
- Zeal leaves the area through the entrance Suit Man came through, and burns through the lock. Jiyu's right behind. The doors fall open, and they find themselves in an alleyway.
- The two walk out. Zeal looks around to see if it matches the alleyway with the injured man from Presidium's office, but it doesn't. She bounds ahead, and stops. Calls for Jiyu.
- They are outside of the barrier of the "game".
- The two telegraph via Kara's link that they need to look out for a guy named Peter Kingston, and that they're outside of the game.
Identity Crisis said:
- Silen comes into a nearby hotel alone, hoping to find lodging for the crew. Seems booked, finds a bellhop. Goes by Martin Kingston.
- He tells Silen that the dome built around the city's awful for business, but the hotel is completely booked.
- Haru joins, finds Martin of note. Scares the hell out of Silen, and asks him to follow her.
- Haru shares her side of things to the others upon Zeal and Jiyu opening a link. Informs them that Silen and she found someone named Martin Kingston.
- Silen does not like this. Silen's made a note to keep his name hidden. He demands to know how Haru got his name. Haru scoffs at him for jeopardizing the mission with his selfishness. Tells him she can see peoples' names above their head. Silen asks her to not tell others, and she tells him to shut up about his stupid name or she'll kill him. Silen sulks off in a very depressed state, making Haru decide she'll kill Silen on sight.
Killer's methods said:
- The three joke about being left behind, and Zander/Celestia introduce themselves to eachother. They leave to go investigate the market.
- Celestia asks who Elliot Hawkes is, and gets a vague answer as being the one who brought them together.
- Zander asks Celestia why he should trust her. Celestia gives some background, saying she was the next incarnation of the Soulkeeper, and she has control over the process of life and death itself.
- The two go through the market towards an odd energy structure, but both Zander and Kara get hungry. They stop by for some poutine, and have a good lunch.
- After, they go to leave, but then Celestia's LED beeps down. Celestia quickly reanimates the body, and ask what happened. They were headed to the hotel, and they worked at a mine. They didn't get much else in before a massive cloud of thermal energy passes through the man, killing him once more. Seeing the cloud, they identify that's their method of death.
- Kara gets Zeal's/Jiyu's transmissions at this point, then Haru's, and disperses information across the whole group
- The gang agreed they need to meet up with the others sometime soon, and that Silen should not be alone.
- On the way towards a central meeting point, they come across the lightning rods. Zander plays with the energy in them, noticing they creak more and more as he plays with the energy within. Kara and Celestia call him a dumbass, but he suspects something's amiss.
- He breaks one of the rods in the process, and Kara settles it on the ground slowly. The other rods around the tower starts failing. Celestia recites the curse that's supposed to befall the tower if the rods fail.
- Kara reports that Jiyu and Zeal found Suit Man.
- Zander notices the other rods start to creak and fail, and tries to shoot a bunch of energy into them. Kara races around and settles all of the rods down gently, but they are unusable. She returns back, and Celestia points out the clouds circling overhead.
- Zander asks about the ramifications of the curse, and Celestia recites that it spells in the city's doom or something. Zander says he'll absorb the lightning strike when it CLANGS overhead and shocks everything below them.
- Kara swears, before pointing out a beacon Zeal made and telling the others to join up there.
The Library said:
- Zeal looks up more information on Peter Kingston, forwards it to the others.
- Jiyu notices the barrier is surrounded by people. Zeal notes the book smell she noticed, and Jiyu spots a library. She and Zeal, with no better ideas (Haru was already at the hotel), go over there to see if there's anything they can find.
- The entrance is locked. Zeal says that's no problem and breaks a window. She and Jiyu climb through into an office of some kind.
- The office is a standard library office. The book stack nor the computer mention anything about Raskaeria or anything else of this affair (though the books do, indeed, smell like the books from the SHINE room). The two move on and end up in a back room, Jiyu starts looking through them while Zeal charges forward and goes into the library proper, despite Jiyu's warnings not to do so.
- The library proper is empty, except for some shuffling noises in one of the aisles, Zeal goes over, and lone and behold, it's Suit Man.
- Jiyu catches up with Zeal as he greets them. The two mentally notify Kara, to which he joins the mental link and greets them too. Kara's disturbed he can do this.
- The man asks the duo how they're doing, and upon being told they're lost, tells them they're closer than they let on. Zeal expresses absolute confusion at the Shine room, saying it's a lead but not a significant one, and he tells her that's all they need to know. Before leaving, he introduces himself as Darren before vanishing, leaving the smell of burnt ozone in his wake, and The Art of War on the ground.
- The two look at eachother for a second before projecting to the others that Peter Kington is the killer.
- Kara warns them of the storm. Zeal wants in on the action, and pulls Jiyu back through the barrier through the Shine room. Everything is starting to fall apart. Zeal tries leaping up through the grate when the ladder falls apart, and Zeal falls flat on her ass. Seconds later, the lightning strike hits, heating up the air around them, but not killing them.
- The two of them collectively :monkaS:
- Jiyu carries Zeal out of the hole, as the ladder got destroyed. She notices Zeal's limp, and Zeal mentions she thinks she has a sprain, to which Jiyu responds with healing with her mana.
- Zeal contacts Jiyu mentally and tells her they should meet up, and shines the light around them up, creating a beacon.
- Haru corners Martin, asking for Peter Kingston. He claims he doesn't work at the hotel, and the last he saw of him was a year ago. Martin says he's his brother, and has no powers.
- Haru leaves him after getting this information. Behind her back, he whistles a tune and clicks something under his jacket.
The Garage said:ty francis writing this was gonna be hell
- Silen, still pretty depressed from what happened in the hotel, wanders to the nearby, 7 floor garage.
- Upon checking the security stall, he's shocked to find the security guard there dead.
- Silen checks the computer for the first and last cars to arrive. The first one was a car on the 5th floor, being there for 20 hours, and the last was one on the 7th, arriving 35 minutes ago.
- Reaching the 5th floor, he finds a green car on the spot indicated by the computer. It had nothing out of the ordinary other than a strange bundle of stuff in the back seat.
- The spot on the 7th floor was occupied by a black van, like the ones Silen saw before back in Marvelite's house.
- Influenced by everything that happened, he decides to break into the van. In order to do so, he begins climbing down back to the ground floor, to frisk the guard for a weapon.
- As he descends the carpark, he hears footsteps from both above and below him. Resolute, Back at the security office, he sees that the body of the guard had vanished, leaving a pistol and a crudely drawn smiley face on the foggy glass.
- The footsteps continue as he makes his way up, plus he notices that the green car had moved. Silen shoots the van window and mutes the alarm.
- Opening the glovebox reveals a set of keys and a post-it note with a crudely drawn smiley face on it, plus a folded up wad of paper. On the paper were some hastily scribbled instructions but Silen can only make out 'bomb', 'strike' and 'shining'.
- Just as Silen uses the keys to open the back doors, the clouds circle overhead, and a massive lightning bolt crashing outside knocks him back about 15 feet.
- As he recovers, he sees a device in the back of the van. It's large, about the size of an engine, chromed and with a microphone from a headset sticking out, and what looks like metal pipes holding it to the floor of the van.
- As he moved closer to the back of the van, he hears two pairs of footsteps on either side and the dull roar of an engine getting closer from below.
- Silen tries to escape in the car, but the engine doesn't work. The footsteps get closer, and Silen can make out a man in a hooded jacket walk towards him, his face obscured.
- Thinking fast, Silen shoots the gun towards the sky, and redirects the sound behind the figures. He takes this chance to get out of the car and escape.
- He proceeds down to the 5th floor, where he is blocked from descending further since but the slope was coated on burning petroleum, marked in a crudely drawn smiley face staring at him.
- Silen decides to try and investigate the green car, so he shoots its window; as he does that, he notices the hooded men had followed him to the 5th floor, plus the bundle in the back seat was gone. The men are completely unresponsive, and chase Silen wherever he goes, forcing him to regularly put some space between him and these "zombies".
- The inside of the green car had faded leather seats, and the first thing Silen noticed was some tears on the driver seat that formed a crudely drawn smiley face.
- Deciding to go back to the 8th, despite the fire being gone, Silen runs back up the ramp noticing a few bits of trash have gathered around the pillars.
- He goes to investigate the machine again, finding it tied to the bottom via a long piece of rope with some complex knot over the top. He shoots the rope, which seemed to invoke a response from the machine, and takes the machine with him.
- As he's descending, not only does the green car change places again, but he sees the van on the 3rd floor, in the same state he left it.
- He continues descending down to the 1st floor. He stands on silence, hearing nothing as he looks around, and see the 8th floor, covered in garbage and chock full of cars, including both the green car and the black car. Regardless of how far down he goes, the only thing that changes is the quantity of cars and garbage.
- Still being followed by the hooded men, Silen heads to the van, only to find that the gun he dropped to carry the machine had turned into a crossbow, and there was a new, massive version of the machine as well.
- Before he can do anything, the clouds begin to gather overhead. Silen braces for another strike, but it never comes. Silen tries to use the crossbow to fire the machine, but to no avail. Taking another glance at the cracked windscreen of the black van revealed a crude smiley face.
- He's unable to find any landing spots for a leap of faith. While doing that, he tries and is able to trigger the machine with a loud sound from the Mega Horn.
- As he's about to check the result of his experiment, he finds himself surrounded by the hooded men, his only options being fighting or jumping.
- Silen swings the crossbow like an axe at the closest figure, but it passes right through, not even leaving any trace of it even going through. The closest figure reaches forward, the hand reaching over Silen's face as everything goes dark.
- He wakes up in a fit. He's in the security shack, the dead body still there. On his wrist he sees a large swelling, creating a symbol similar to that of a crudely drawn smiley face.
- He takes a baton from the guard instead of the gun, and checks the computer again, noticing that nothing had changed except for the times, the longest being 86 hours, and the most recent 8 minutes.
- As he makes his way up, he finds the garage to be in the exact same shape as from his first ascent, including the green car and black van.
- He breaks into the van with the baton, find everything he did before, though the wad of paper, rather than having a smiley, just says '3 3 5'.
- After noticing everything else had stayed the same, the clouds began circling overhead. Silen held onto the van door as the lightning shook the garage. A clunking sound comes from the device.
- Silen notices that the unintelligible note from before now reads "The bomb is set to arm when the Second Strike hits, and the flashing light and roar of fire will usher in the Shining Age".
- He heads down to the 5th floor and breaks into the green car, finding a remote control, a wrench and an old PDA in the bundle. The PDA is unresponsive, and Silen doesn't chance flicking the switch on the remote control.
- Going back to the van, Silen begins to suspect the device is actually a bomb triggered by the sound of the lightning. Therefore he decides to stay there and block all sound to the van, so it would never be triggered.
- While waiting, he notices inside the van a phone charger which he uses to charge his own phone. There he finds a message from a mysterious "S" that, after giving him a some shockingly accurate information that he shouldn't know, advises him to go to the hotel and ask for the Duchess' Suite.
- Silen decides to abide, but not without making sure that the bomb would be dealt with. He contacts Kara, who calls Jiyu to the garage.
The Meetup said:
- Kara joins up with Jiyu/Zeal. They ask what the hell happened with the storm, and Kara tells them Zander caused it. They ree.
- The others eventually join us. Zander barely stays around though, guilt consuming him. Haru informs them that she couldn't get anything useful from Martin.
- Kara receives the message from Silen, and tells Jiyu to go to the garage. She obliges.
- Zeal splits off with her own agenda, leaving Kara/Haru/Celestia. Silen joins this group shortly (see A Promise)
The 'bomb' said:
- Upon arrival, Silen and Jiyu talk about how the bomb works. He gives her the materials he found in the green car, and asks if she can handle this. She affirms, and he leaves.
- Upon poking around with it, she realizes it's a transmitter rather than a bomb. She transmits this to Kara.
- She focuses next on the PDA. She powers the thing using mana, and finds two emails. One is addressed to a Lejj by Ryo Bernsky asking for an urgent payment, and that he placed the "stuff" in the place asked of him. The other is from Peter Kingston with the subject “Vanishing", which is a blank email with an attachment unopenable on the device
- She tries to laser the piping holding down the transmitter, and it emits a heavy blue gas that smells like plastic. Decides to think better of it, instead using the wrench she got to bash in the transmitter. It dents until the top open, which reveals circuitry. She kills the power, shut the door, and immediately distanced herself, but nothing happens other than a small whine before silence coming from the car. The gas pools at the base of the car, slowly.
- She transmits everything to Kara, and is about to stand by when the van distorts and vanishes in mid-air in front of her. Confused, she decides to head back to the plaza.
- Zeal goes to the hotel, having research Peter Kingston's place of work. Goes to the receptionist, asks for Peter Kingston. She says there is no such person who worked there. She asks about past records, and she doesn't have have access to that, shooing Zeal off because she doesn't have a search warrant.
A promise said:
- Silen joins up with the trio from the meeting, and asks Haru to come with him. Haru obliges, but not before some serious taunting, telling him she'll enjoy killing his family. Silen's not reacting to her bait at all, saying he needs her help in the Empress Suite.
- The two go via Flare Boost. They crash in, and don't see much of anything in the room they jet into. Exploring the top floor some, they find the Empress Suite. Haru knocks down the door before saying they're room service, to which the occupant, Major Thunder, replies with a dismissal and sends Haru flying back with a lightning bolt to the chest. She staggers into the elevator, which shoots down to the first floor, having failed from the immense electrical discharge.
- Silen attempts to run, but is electrocuted by Major Thunder. Thunder proceeds to start taunting him, telling him he ought to be the change he shouts. He seems to be okay with being the "bad guy" in this situation. He throws Silen into the suite, giving him a "front row view to the beginning of the world" before running off through a hole in the room. Clouds have once again begun to circle the clocktower.
- Meanwhile, on the first floor, Zeal runs to the elevator, and finds Haru on the ground. She starts to get up, but another lightning bolt from Major Thunder leaves her solidly immobile, paralyzed. The former panics slightly before jumping down and slinging Haru over her shoulder. Haru yells at her, saying she's insane, she'll get killed by Major Thunder. Zeal sets down Haru, saying she'll go confront him. Haru yells at Zeal that she'll get killed once again, and an aetherial voice interjects that they will not die. The two float up slightly before their vision was blinded by white light.
Artemis' Intervention said:
- Haru and Zeal come to, blindfolded and handcuffed to eachother. The two of them try to find something on them that can break the chains (Haru could theoretically, but she's paralyzed, and her MP's gone), but find they don't have their equipment. When they both decide to try to find something sharp in the room, a figure enters.
- She introduces herself as V, and claims to have saved their lives. V leads an anti-terrorist group called Artemis. They know of Raskaeria, and are here to fight Major Thunder and the others. This is happening around the world, but there are by far the most high-profile targets here.
- She reveals that she knows of Haru's connection with Strider, and that Zeal's family is tied to Raskaeria. The former reacts with distrust and concern, while the latter reacts with denial and then silence on the matter.
- V explains that they need to get back in the field and meet up with the others currently out there, and to "break the lightning". Haru asks what this is, but she doesn't finish asking before white fills their blind-folded vision once more.
Leap of Faith said:
- 7 seconds after being raptured, Zeal and Haru return to the base of the stairs, Haru back to full HP/MP (albeit still paralyzed). Zeal carries her up the stairs, Haru aiding her ascent using wind magic.
- Zeal asks for details on who's upstairs and what happened. Haru tells Zeal that Silen's alone upstairs with Major Thunder. The two talk strategy, Zeal wanting to pull a rescue operation should Major Thunder still be there, but Haru telling Zeal that's suicide.
- During this time, Zander enters the hotel, down on his luck. He sees the destroyed shaft, and that everyone in the hotel lobby is gone. He investigates the electrified elevator shoot before deciding to go to the top to see the source, and starts his ascent.
- Silen cuts in, finally close enough to hear them. Zeal asks if he's okay, using his real name. He gets a little angsty, telling them he's fine and alone. Asks if anyone else knows of his name, to which Haru and Zeal both reply with everyone in the group. Silen's upset about this, but accepting.
- Zeal comes into the suite Silen had been dropped off in. She slings him across her other shoulder, and leaps out of the window.
- As Haru focuses on using her wind magic to slow their descent, Silen sees Darren sitting on the bed. Silen wants to go back up, and Haru's about to oblige, when Darren jumps down with them and teleports just before hitting the bottom.
- Silen laments being unable to ask him questions. Zeal offers he ask anyway, and he'll probably answer. Silen does so, and Darren answers, chastising him for not following the instructions on his phone. Haru asks for a way out, and he reminds her that she already knows. Darren claims he's busy, and doesn't have time for chit chat, and blasts off. Moments later, Zeal braces for impact as she makes a rough landing on the ground, but stumbles back into a sprint towards the town square.
Sprint to the finish said:
- During their sprint over to the plaza, Haru and Silen both start to gain mobility again. Haru leaps out of Zeal's grasp (having to fight against it at first), and Silen gets out in a much more gentle fashion. Haru and Silen talk about trying to escape, and Zeal tells them she'll bring them to the Shine room, but she's staying.
- The trio stop in front of a massive fight. Celestia and Kara have kept back the civilians, while Major Thunder fights someone wearing full biker leathers, as a fully robed figure and a figure in spandex are literally pushing back a cloud.
- The fight brings the leathered man next to them. He urges them to leave, and Haru and Silen are willing, but Zeal tells them they were sent here by their friend. He introduces himself as Bast Man Standing, and tells them they need to finish the task Darren gave them. Zeal asks where's Kingston and how do they stop the lightning, and he tells her to look for the lightning rods before getting bodied. Haru literally carries away Zeal before she can ask any more, and she struggles at first, but then stops when they agree to go to the lightning rods.
- Haru attempts to use her powers to get them over, but find they don't work. Silen attempts to use his, and finds they fail as well. Zeal starts sprinting over. Jiyu catches up to them from the bomb, and her ball shrinks and drops to the floor. She picks it up, to which Celestia yells at her to KEEP THE **** GOING as she dove in to bring Bast back to life. The four meet up and continue to the lightning rods.
- Haru and Zeal are incredibly upset by the sight of the broken rods. Darren is next to them, and greets the quartet. Zeal curses that they weren't the fast guy, and Darren reveals a corpse he'd had next to him in his cloak; Chuck, defending a small child, and his entire body was scorched. Jiyu and Silen flinch at this while Haru and Zeal start trying to put together the pieces.
- Darren tells them to not bother. Their killer is in what they called the Shine room. And to please kill them quickly, since he didn't want to die. Zeal yelled at him to help, and he vanishes before she can get in more words. The group sprints over to the vent cover and opens it. Haru jumps down and takes actual physical damage from the jump, which is such a foreign feeling to her that it makes her start to question everything. Zeal's shortly behind her, having lowered herself down using a rope. The other 2 follow in turn.
Loss of Power and Loss of Hope said:
- The SHINE room is dark. As the others lower themselves, Zeal flicks on the light in her hat into the room, revealing the receptionist Zeal had spoke with earlier. This is met with initial confusion, before asking why the hell she's doing this. Lamina, as she introduces herself, says that the city is set to blow in 11 minutes, and that the destruction of the transmitter meant that it couldn't be stopped. And she's choosing to live and die by her principles, which is more than can be said for the crew in front of her.
- Identity wise, she was Peter Kingston, before a transition surgery. She managed to be both people of note from the SHINE room.
- Haru reacts by trying to get close enough to hit her, to which a wave of heat leaves her staggering back, having felt an actual burn for the first time. Her mind doesn't know how to react. She motions for everyone to escape.
- Silen receives a text from S. "She requires focus. The Key is in the back. Strike while the Iron is hot."
- Zeal scrambles to the computer, trying to find something to disable the bomb. It just spits out a bunch of data. This movement also has left everyone else blind. She mentally projects to Kara that the bomb's set to blow in 9.
- Silen commands everyone to go silent, and for Zeal to turn off her light. All comply, but for Haru, who is softly crying in the corner, having a full on mental breakdown. In the veil of darkness, he leaps and attacks where he remembered Lamina, who shrieks in pain and blasts him back.
- Kara at this point comes over, and uses the darkness to pull the chair out from under her and send her topping onto the floor. She tells Haru to find the ****ing briefcase.
- Zeal, meanwhile, has found it, scrambling through it to get anything of use. The suitcase leads to another metal lock that she opens, and finds a gun with 2 bullets.
- The others, meanwhile, continue fighting Lamina. She uses her power to fight back in kind, and Zander arrives to keep kicking her ass. She starts using her power to rise the temperature of the room. Zeal aims, but hesitates. The others keep her pinned down and distracted. Finally, she shoots, resulting in a clean kill. Celestia's LED goes dark.
- Just as they're all signing in relief, a loud yell from outside and the rolling of storm clouds indicate the fight isn't over just yet.
The price they pay said:
- The others scramble out of the room, back to the surface. One last overview of the room shows no sign of being able to turn off the bombs.
- Zander carries up Haru, realizing she's really in no state to fight. Jiyu locates Celestia, who's bringing Bast back up.
- Zeal, in the light, sees the gun says ""Was always gonna be you, Z. Hawkes"
- Athena (the spandex hero from before) and Major Thunder are in a bloody battle. Zeal yells to Athena if she can hold him down, and she obliges. Another shot, another clean kill. The thunderstorm clouds that were gathering dissipate.
- However, the brain matter of Major Thunder starts putting itself back together, and he rises back up, albeit looking a bit worse for wear. He congratulates them all on winning, and tells them there's 3 minutes left till the city blows. He then leaves.
- The crew is in shock for a moment, wanting to try to stop the bombs, but they realize they cannot. They go back down into the Shine room, and flee through an opening that Celestia makes. Just as Silen, the last person, crosses through, Darren materializes in front of her, and Celestia exchanges a favor to get them out.
- They all materialize once again in a new city. They can barely catch their breath before Celestia welcomes them to Neo New Fuji, Japan.
- TL;DR: Haru leads us in, Celestia and Kara elect to stay behind
Ninjas and Dragons said:
- TL;DR: Intro to Crue + Strider
Spilling to Strider said:
- TL;DR group explains what's going on, Celestia arrives in cinders.
Karas Awakening said:
- Tl;DR: Kara goes ****ing ham on an Entmark facility
Celestia and Artemis said:
- TL;DR Zeal asks Celestia a bit about her powers, Celestia asks Zeal and Zander what Artemis did to them, concludes she was worked up over nothing. Zander expresses distrust towards Celestia, and Zeal gives him a peptalk
- Tl;DR Jiyu luls at Kara
- TL;DR Kara, Zander, and Zeal eat. Kara ****ing Dies
Thank you said:
- TL;DR Kara+Zander come home, Kara+Haru talk
The Future of the Duchess said:
- After handling the bill at the Sushi place, Zeal makes a detour to a supply shop. She buys some rope to replace the one she lost in the bombs.
- She only gets a few steps before her drowsiness overwhelms her. However, hitting the pavement shakes her back awake. She dusts herself off, and starts to make the trek back to the elevators.
- On her way, she's stopped by vehicle traffic, traveling blindly fast. She waits a little, before two hooded figures start approaching her from her left and right. Stranger danger kicks in, and she decides to double back and find a different intersection to cross.
- The figures grow more distant, until they're gone. In fact, everyone is gone. All of the pedestrians have vanished, but the traffic continues to travel blindly fast.
- Zeal doubles back to the hardware store, to see if there's anyone there or to get some kind of answer. The door opens up to reveal another intersection, again with blindly fast traffic, with a cracked :D face in the pavement.
- She considers trying to hitch a ride on one of the cars, before deciding against it and attempting to swing across on the intersection light. However, as she's doing this, she gets a text from her mom:
Hey :Dear, hope you are well. Thanks for telling us what you knew, you're being a big help. We love you.
Oh, by the way, turn around and run.
- She's halfway through a reply when she looks up. This causes something to whiz past her neck, something long like an arrow. She panics and runs.
- Outside has now deteriorated into a ruin of flames, the only building still standing being the Cyberspire. A figure is waving their hands in the air, making a :D shape. Zeal continues running, but the figure chasing her is faster, nearly grabbing onto her shoulder. She dodges out of the way and shines light into their eyes.
- They flinch, covering their eyes. They're a robed figure, motioning for Zeal to be quiet. She demands to know why, and they point to the figure in the air, who seems to be doing a sort of scan. Zeal leaps into action, taking them to hide underneath some rubble and push light away.
- The figure sighs in relief, pulling down the scarf they were using to hide their face. It's an older version of Silen.
- He (through writing in the dirt using an arrow) tells Zeal that they are two years in the future, and she was snagged at some point. He gives her a note, telling her he needs to send this back, to trust S, and to change the future. He waits for her to finish reading before giving her a wadded note, and runs her heart through with the arrow.
- Zeal wakes up, lying face-up in the pavement. She lays there a moment longer before staggering up, noticing the rope and sushi takeout was neatly placed. She also feels for the note, slowly making her way to a place to sit to give the note a proper read.
- The note reads as follows:Hey Z,
Sorry that was the way you found out. What I did to Silen, what I let happen to our world, it's unforgivable. Listen. The figure you saw was the Duchess. She's my aunt, and it was my responsibility to keep her in check. She found something that let her work around me, and I slipped.
Oh, look at me, writing like you know who I am. Sorry about that.
I'm your girlfriend, Lassky. I know the timelines don't add up, and your mind would jump to that. You need to trust the voice in the phone, and not give in. You have one more bullet left. Save it for my aunt, or save it for her.
Love, Lassky. <3
- Zeal shakily checks her phone, with no message. However, just as she's about to put it away, she gets a text from S.
- S tells her that the gun wasn't meant for her, but now she must be the one to take the shot when the time comes. Zeal asks about her mom, and S says that what she does with her mom doesn't change the future, but to treasure her parents for those who cannot. They then leave.
- Zeal then breaks into tears. After a few minutes she regains enough of her wits to telepathically ask for Celestia. Celestia opens a Way for her, and Zeal enters the portal to her car hangout outside of the city.
Emotive Kinship said:
- TL;DR Celestia and Zeal talk about the vision, Zeal calls mom and falls asleep