Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Aaaaaaaand cover blown. At least it was from someone in the group and not a villain. Marvelous's double personality was intriguing, though. It was the first time she had ever met someone with DID. She recoiled slightly at the sight of Marvelous's nosebleed before resuming a smile.

"Marvelous? Well, it's certainly marvelous to meet you," replied Jiyu, making a finger heart for Marvelous. "Are you okay, by the way? I thought I saw your nose bleed."

Jiyu turned to the others in the clump and bowed to greet. "My name's Jiyu. I'm the main vocalist of Impulse by day and apparently a hero at night. Pleasure to meet all of you."

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Marvelous couldn't help but grin, and she could feel Celeste mirroring her within her mind. This kind of luck is astronomical. Even luck based heroes such as Great Flip or Yahtzee don't get days like this. Her, Celeste Barkworth/Marvelous, meeting with and potentially working with Jiyu Kim? Nah, this is too good to be true.

"Don't worry about the blood. If there is one thing that I'm good at handling, it's blood. One of my party tricks, though it does nothing for the squeamish" Marvelous chuckled lightly, shoving her hands into her pockets.

'But still, an assignment? What does Presidium need us lot for? Surely he has sidekicks and enough connections for any issue he's got. Why us, and why all the smoke and mirrors? I'm missing something but what?'

Marvelous absently pricked her finger with the spike on her ring, letting the blood drip out as she began molding the blood into a snowflake shape, changing the design every few seconds.

"So, a hero huh? Surprised you have time for that kind of stuff with how active Impulse is. Not like you can just sneak away and do heroics on tour or something." Marvelous looked up from her creation, the blood shifting to mirror the finger heart Jiyu did the moment before.

Zerade

ralph
“Yeah,” Haru responded to the boy she had stopped next to, not bothering to actually look at him. “I’m fine.” As she said that, her feet finally came loose from the wall. She instantly flipped forward, landing lightly on her feet, and walked across the road, heading straight for the one with two names.

Internally, she noted the one that had been there second finally decided that she was going to show herself. Ka-ra. That one’s simple.

By the time she reached Ceresute/Maruberusu - Whatever her name actually is - some others had joined her, but she ignored them. They weren’t interesting, not like her.

“You have two names,” she said softly. “And two titles. I’ve never seen that before. What makes you so special?”

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
It took Zeal a moment to look over, her gaze fixated on wall-girl, but upon doing so, gave the woman a cheery smile. She couldn't care less that she was a singer (though she did imagine how crazy that'd be to go on tour all of the time), but she certainly looked pretty! And nice! She nodded politely when Marvelous introduced her, not really minding this new information, but her eyes lit up with surprise and excitement upon seeing Marvelous play with some red substance she could only assume was blood. Seems like that'd hurt, but still! That's really cool! There was something different about seeing all of these powers in person, and boy was she living for it.

She, however, was far more interested in sky-diver girl. Upon her arrival over to the area, she frowns. "Special, ya de-ya de-ya, says you Miss Jumps-A-Lot. I'd consider ya the special one out of any of us."

Zerade

ralph
“I’m just playing along. There’s nothing special about that.” Haru spoke, not even really looking at the other girl as she did so. She briefly noted the others around, but as she had thought earlier, none of them really interested her.

There was the one who had arrived the most recently who had a title that implied she was already doing hero work, and a level that showed that was the case too, but just meeting a hero didn’t really mean anything. The case of two hearts was far more intriguing.

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
What an odd group of people. Kara watched as the blood witch garnered a small group around her and the other girl from the building earlier. Why were they summoned in the first place? she wondered. No one seemed to have bad intentions, nor did any of them seem to know why they were there. At the very least, none of the others were a threat.

Nodding to herself, Kara crossed the street to stand a small distance away from the large group. She turned to the man in the hat nearest to her and tilted her head. “I’m assuming you got a letter.” she said. “What did yours say? What are you here for?” She wasted no time for introductions or small talk about any powers. There was no need for anyone in the group to know much about her, so Kara offered no information about herself.

Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Playing along? To what? Was there a game she didn't know about going on?? Wait, was it a game to try to break into Presidium's? No, that wouldn't make sense. Unless this girl knew more than the others. She seemed special, alright. She didn't care what she claimed - it takes some serious guts to jump off like that, and it certainly made a scene.

"Nah. That's pretty special," she grins, undeterred by her seeming lack in enthusiasm. "So, did ya get a letter?"

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
The only vibe Marvelous could pull from Miss Jumps-A-Lot was a blanket of apathy. Apathy and what felt like a coiled spring, tense and ready to snap in an instant. Regardless of that, Marvelous shifted her weight to her other leg, one hand resting against her leg, the other still absently rotating and molding the blood that floated above it.

"I'll be honest, I haven't got the foggiest what you mean about a title or what have you. Both me and the other one are just two halves of the same whole. Where we came from though, well that's a doozy of a story involving some things that I don't understand and some things that I don't want to understand. If you really care for my life story, I'm sure we'll find time in the future. But Zeal here is right, you get a letter from Presidium too? If so, well join the club."

Marvelous glances once again at her watch, noting the time was ticking down to when the door should open. Only 4 minutes remained now.

If only they knew what was really about to begin.

Zerade

ralph
“I didn’t receive a letter.” Haru said softly, now finally deigning to look at someone she was speaking to, craning her head up to the taller woman. “Presidium asked me personally to come.”

“I assumed that was the case for everyone, but now it makes sense. I’m not fool enough to believe a letter from someone I’ve never met.” The words were not intended to insult any of the people gathered around her, but just a statement of what she believed to be true.

“I guess it also makes sense since I don’t have a house to get a letter delivered to as well.”

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
As the people nearby started to form a small group outside the offices, Zander was unsure of what to do. Evidently they were all here for the same reason - he had heard a few of the strangers mention letters - but what would that mean for them? Were they being brought here to compete? Work together?

He faded back into his thoughts again until he noticed the girl walking over to him, her long blonde hair swaying in the slight breeze. He adjusted his stance automatically, straightening his back and curving his lips into a smile. "Hey! The name's Zander," he said with a wink. "I did get a letter, from some old hero asking to meet with me. I was in the area anyways, so I figured I'd entertain him." He paused, taking a moment to look her over. "What about you? Are you here to meet with the old geezer too?"

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
"Honestly, I'm still surprised that I'm here," said Jiyu in response to Marvelous's comment. "Everyone's on break right now, so this letter came at a perfect time."

As Zeal, Marvelous, and Haru were conversing, Jiyu eyed the rest of the area, seeing if anyone looked left out. Her gaze darted to the nervous blonde guy who was still on his own, and she quietly excused herself from the clump.

"Hey," she said to him, leaning near the crushed wall and giving a slight smile. "How are you feeling about this mission? You excited?" Jiyu glanced at her phone to check the time. "We don't have much longer either way."

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
"What a weird girl" he said out loud, silently. He had gotten the bad habit of thinking out loud just because he could silence his words anyway, but that didn't mean that sometimes he didn't forget to do it and end up in some awkward situations. He didn't have too much time to wonder about the pink haired girl though, before another, dark haired one approached and asked him how he felt.

Having been dealing with a minor heart attack earlier, Silen didn't hear the fangirling that happened with the evaporating girl, so he was completely unaware of her identity. "Your letter mentioned a mission? Mine simply said it was an opportunity." Silen took his letter out of his hoodie pocket. The letter mentioned him by his hero name, but somehow was delivered to his house. That was another reason why he needed to come. His secret identity was very important to him, so if there was even a chance someone knew, he had to make sure it wasn't a problem.

That brought an interesting point. Other than him, and maybe the boy with the hat, no one was making any efforts to hide their identity. Didn't they understand the importance of remaining anonymous? Or did they simply not care?

Silen turned his attention back to the girl. She was definitely pretty, but looked nothing like a hero in his opinion. Regardless, he wasn't one to judge a book by its cover. "I guess I'm excited, yeah." Though his mask hid it, Silen returned the smile, even if he was mostly lying. He was partially excited, yes, but that feeling was drowned out by the overwhelming sting of anxiety. "Do you know anyone from this... interesting group?"

Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Not a fool enough to trust a letter but a fool enough to jump off of a god damn building. Nice. No, her internal thought process was not letting that go. Obviously people were capable of vastly different things, but that was a whole new level of insane that her brain still hadn't fully wrapped itself around, if she was honest.

"Did ya destroy your old place like ya destroyed that building?"

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
Kara narrowed her eyes slightly at Zander’s wink. “Kara,” she replied. “Seeing the amount of people coming at Presidium’s request is unusual. I have a feeling all of these people here have some sort of power to be summoned to this place.” She shook her head slightly. “The question begs to be asked: why did Presidium call us here?”

Zerade

ralph
“No. I just let my parents get on with their lives. Didn’t need to stay with them any longer.” Saying this, Haru realised she hadn’t really ever even told her parents that she was leaving or where she’d be going, nor had she really tried to keep in contact with them. A pang of guilt hit her, which grew larger as she also realised that despite realising this, she knew she still wouldn’t really reach out to them.

They knew about Sensei. It should be fine.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Her gaze runs down the girl's figure. Small, petite, doe-like features... No way this girl is any older than herself. She looked like she rolled out of bed thirty minutes ago.

"But you're like... 15."

Last edited:

Zerade

ralph
“19, actually.” She looked at... Zearu... for the first time. “I’m short.”

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
"Yeah, between the impromptu skydiver and the glowing gal who's using her blood like play-dough, it looks like we've already got quite the assortment of people here," Zander replied. The way Kara talked to him felt off, making it pretty clear that she had no idea who he was. He felt his face shift a little bit, his usual (but totally fake and practiced) smile adjusting to something more natural, more real.

"I wonder what he wants though, and why he needs a rag tag group like us for it. You'd think a hero would would have better contacts than a bunch of random young adults."

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
"You're telling me." Huh. She wonders for a moment how often she gets a comment like that. She looks closer to nine than nineteen. But alright.

"So, you saw Presidium in person right? What was he like?"

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
She quickly noticed the slight facial shift on Zander’s face, though her own expression remained neutral. This man was nervous, but for what reason? she wondered. She knew he was not telling his full story, but neither was she. Fair enough. “I believe the only one who can give us those answers are Presidium himself.” She checked her watch. “Time’s almost up in any matter.”