AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
A click! Clearly the white-capped liquid on the white curtains meant something. "...Where have we seen red and blue before?"

"Whatever happened there did something on the ground floor," said Thief of Sound, his voice ringing clear as if he was right next to them. At least Jiyu didn't have to think of him as Insecure One anymore.

Zeal's eyes lit up. "Wait, the ground floor's blue."

"What about red?" asked Jiyu.

"Uhhhhh-"

"Maybe that's what the click was about?" thought Thief.

"The only red I've seen is blood," said Jiyu. "Unless... oh, duh. Rust is red. So the red bottle should go to Strong One while the blue bottle should be in the ground floor. Got it, Speedster?"

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
"Hoboken Girl? Got it. And, hey! Speedster's a little too formal soundin'. I'm Chuck Cromwell, from the great state of West Virginia. Don't y'all forget, alright? Back in a jiff."
Chuck rushed up the stairs and had the bottle in Haru's hands in a few moments.
"That Jiyu girl said to pour this on something rusty...not sure what that'd be, but I think that blonde girl had an idea or two."

Chuck held up the blue bottle.
"I'll take care of this and get back to you. Holler if you need me!"
Chuck rushed down to the ground floor. It seemed pretty unchanged from when they had been there before, sans the cases. He uncapped the bottle and splashed the liquid on the walls in a wide arc. A second later, something clicked in the wall and Chuck heard a loud clunk somewhere else in the building. He zipped over to the edge of the room and stuck his head in the stairwell.

"Blue liquid in place!" He yelled down to the basement.
"Dunno if you heard, but somethin' got turned on! Anybody know where that came from?"

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
"I caught that" Silen responded, broadcasting to the entire building. "The click came from the same place as last time, but the clunk seemed to come from the basement. Anyone down there noticed something?" Among all the craziness that happened, Silen didn't even have time to realize how nonsensical everything that happened until then was. This was certainly an elaborate puzzle, so why would Elliot even have it set up in the first place? It was a hell of security mechanism though, which made Silen worried about what would be so important that would warrant all this.

Meanwhile, he was still trying to make any sense out of that closet. He was completely clueless as to what to do; it seemed he had tried everything, but yet the chanting kept going. It was starting to get annoying actually; that incomprehensible language would soon be giving him a headache. For a second he wished it'd just stop.

... wait. Stop? Stop the chanting? All he'd done until then was spread the chanting through the building... but what if he just muted it instead? Silen wondered why he hadn't thought of this sooner. Surely this chanting was making something happen somewhere, so stopping it seemed like his best bet at cracking this case. Decisively, he took the sound of the chanting and muted it, hoping it would be the breakthrough he hoped.

For a while, nothing happened. Silen started to worry that this was another dead end, but then he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A skin colored flake was floating in the air inside the closet. It didn't take long for another one to appear. And another one. And another one. As Silen looked towards the stairway, he saw flake after flake coming from upstairs and into the closet, like leaves on a particularly windy day. Once they reached the closet, they didn't just float to the ground, though. Instead, they stuck to each other, and started creating something. First, it just seemed like a random clump to Silen. But as it grew, it started looking more and more like a human torso. However, the flakes didn't stop there. They kept coming and attaching themselves to the torso, and soon arms, legs, and a head were added, completing the process. All this happened in front of a very confused Silen, as would be expected from someone who just saw a human being made of flakes being assembled in front of him. "Guys... you have to see this."

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Celeste's r hands grasped the datacard that even now glowed softly in her pocket, as the mark on her back glowed in time; both with the datacard and with her heartbeat. She figured that she could sneak up to the data recorder and see what he wanted now. Glancing around the room, she saw the cowboy- Chuck- dash off down the stairs, leaving Jiyu and Zeal in the room with her. Shrugging lightly, she walked towards the chair, taking extra care to step over the drapes that were burned with the acid and the pile that caused her to trip in the first place.

FInally, she was at the recorder. It was standard fare, really, a slot in the bottom to insert datacards, a small LED display for options and such and a large 180° display to produce a hard-light effect. Picking the device up, she slid out and pocketed Elliot'e message and slid in the glowing one in her other pocket. Finger hovering over the button, she turned to the two remaining in the room and smiled shakily.

"Sorry about this guys. It might, uh, might get a tad weird. Just don't believe anything you, uh, hear from this one."

Pressing her finger on the button caused the room to be bathed in a sickly green, the halogen bulb projecting a thick green miasma, as the fog that lingered in the room rushed towards the projector, coalescing in a vaguely humanoid figure, if you ignored the massive demonic wings and constantly shifting legs which swapped from human to goat to snake to fins to lion back to human. It was an otherworldly design, one where the more you stared, the more your mind slipped away.

The figure stretched its arms out as it leaned forward, the smoky nature surrounding Celeste as she stood in front of the projection. The whisper filled the room, resonating with a low baritone and also a high soprano.

"Ah, my little Marvel. It is good to see you making friends. This path you walk is a tightrope that leads to your salvation, or maybe your demise. The future is constantly in flux, so much so that even I cannot foretell it. Perhaps you will fall by the wayside, your body shattered as I claw my way into your reality. Or perhaps you will shatter your yoke, freeing yourself from me. The truth is unknown. But be warned, little Marvelous, I will be watching with... great interest."

The mist vanished as the light within the room returned to normal, the fog gone. Celeste looked up and stood shakily from where she had fell to her knees, pulling the card out of the projector as it faded into green smoke. Turning to the other two in the room, she shivered as she put her hands out, as if a performer on a stage.

"T-Tada! The, uh, the soul is gone?"

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
She's staring at the projector, even after everything returns to what it once was. The words of Celeste die out into awkward silence as she doesn't bother responding in any meaningful way. However, after 10 seconds, she grins, seeming completely unperturbed by this development. She gives Celeste a round of applause.

"That was really cool! Who's that?"

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
After the others began to filter out into their given tasks, Kara nodded to Zander. 
“I’m heading upstairs the fast way.” With that, she lifted herself easily and phased through the ceiling toward the 11th floor while also listening to what was going on around her. It appeared like the Strong One was unable to find anything substantial in the cubbyhole - only that it lead into the sewers. Butterfly Mask, the Young One, and the Blood Witch had names, which she made a mental note of to remember in the future. They had apparently found uses for the vials, which was of interest to her.

And the Thief? Well, he tried to play the chanting backwards. It was a good though, but it did not work. And then an odd thought crossed his mind. The Thief was going to mute the chanting. Kara frowned as she neared the 11th floor. And then, "Guys... you have to see this." That couldn’t be good. She reached the floor just in time to see the gray flakes that had been floating earlier gather into a naked man, who then started to lunge for the Thief as if to attack him.

She immediately began to generate energy that she transferred to her extremities, causing her body to glow violently with golden light that shone brightly in the room. With amplified speed, she lunged in-between the man and the Thief, pushing the Thief out of the way with her body and then shifting her weight to send a kinetically-charged punch toward the man’s collarbones. However, her punch didn’t land - much to her surprise. The man’s body instantly shattered into flakes again, allowing her fist to fly through his chest. She rammed straight through the closet, through the wall, and into the next room, where she quickly pivoted to return from where she came.

Kara once again placed herself directly in front of the Thief, making sure to shield him with her body in case the man tried to attack again. His body had already reformed without any damage, though he scuttled away from the closet, knocking over brooms as he hurried away. “Who are you?” she snarled at the man. “Thief, unmute the figure so he can answer.” In the meantime, she quickly tore into the man’s mind, searching quickly throughout his thoughts. It was impossible to track, however. She only saw glimpses of images and sounds before they vanished. The man clearly had an unstable mentality that resisted her telepathy. What she managed to hold onto was glimpses of a brick wall, or a shadowy figure, a scream, two thuds, a rustling of clothing, a beep, and a roaring fire.

At last, Zander burst in the room, finally seeing what was going on. “Hey!” he shouted. “What the hell is happening here?"

Frustrated, Kara did not answer his question. “I can't read this person,” she growled. “It’s incoherent.”

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
For the umpteenth time, Jiyu sat around frozen at the sight in front of her. The day just kept getting weirder. And that message sounded incredibly ominous. While Zeal was filled with amazement, Jiyu was filled with suspicion, a scowl plastered on her face.

"Who was that, and why do they know you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at Marvelous - or Celeste, who the heck knew. Jiyu really didn't care about technicalities right now. There was no way that anything that looked and sounded like that meant anything good.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Celeste felt the eyes of Jiyu bore into her and knew she had to explains something to get her off her back- anything at all.

"Well, um, see the thing is that, uh well..."

It was evident that Celeste wouldn't be able to solve this problem. Which meant that Marvelous had to step up. The green glow of the coat and eyes signified the change, and Marvelous threw a quick grin on her face as she prepared to explain something she had no real comprehension about.

"That was the Soulkeeper, I guess you could call him my Patron or my Boss or something. He's just out there trying to rip into our reality that would probably lead to a collapse of some theoretical structures but don't worry about it! As long as I stay alive and die a death of natural causes, he loses his doorway. So no biggie really."

Marvelous' hands were shaking in her pockets as she spoke. This was it; her culmination and she spouted it out to a child and a k-pop star. She couldn't wait for today to end.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Zander wasn't even sure what was going on. Kara and... Thief? Was that a real name? Were facing an unclothed man who seemed to have been hiding in the closet. He was scuttling around, his mouth moving but no sounds were coming out.

"R-Right..." said Thief, probably responding to something Zander had missed earlier.

Suddenly, the man started speaking - "nd please I didn't know you were here this wasn't what the boss said would happen it was meant to be a quick job im sorry imsorryimsorryimsorry hahahahahHAHAHAHEEHEE!" He began scratching at his chest, which began to flake apart before reforming again. Before the flakes could connect with his body, Zander realized that the man was... hollow? Nothing seemed to exist besides the outer layer that was formed by the flakes.

"He... what is he doing!?" gasped Thief, as the figure began to curl into a ball, muttering to himself.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" questioned Zander. If no one else was going to give him any answers, he'd have to find them himself.

The man started speaking again, barely stringing his sentences together. "It was the boss the boss wanted me here to watch, yes, and to listen to see what would happen if the man would fall and he did yes he fell and fell and fell and fell and so I sang I sang with joy and hope and sorrow and my heart was full and empty hahahHAHAHHAH!"

"What the ****," Kara muttered under her breath, "is wrong with this guy..."

"Who's your boss? Who do you work for?" asked Zander.

"No I mustn't say her name she would come and rip me apart and take me away back to the hole and it would be in the dark and cold and alone and dying slowly and torn apart piece by piece by piece by piece as she looks down and laughs and the laugh is in my head and it rings and rings and rings and rings and rings and..." The man continued to mutter to himself about rings and rings as the group of heroes exchanged bewildered looks.

"What about the man?" Zander said. This was getting nowhere fast, they needed some answers, goddammit!

"Yes the hawk must be plucked from the sky and he fell and fell and fell down and down like the thunder," the figure cackled. " As he falls into the deep dark because I'm a good servant I do as the boss asks and she wont put me in the dark and cold and alone I just listen and see, yes I see him now he is not in the deep and dark anymore you are opening his boxes now I can smell it I can smell them on you I can smell you looking and learning and looking and seeing the things that are to be seen heeheeeheeeeee."

The Thief of Sound swallowed before stuttering, "He's... he's completely crazy!" He looked at Kara and then Zander. "What should we do?"

Zander found himself more confused than when he had entered the room. He doubted that they would be able to get any more information out of the nutcase, who continued to scratch at his skin while giggling to himself on the floor. Not only that, but their ragtag group of young adults had been scattered throughout the building, with only Kara and the Thief able to relay messages between everyone. "I think.... I think we should probably group up with everyone. We can see what everyone's found, and then figure out what to do with naked boy over here."

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
"...Fair enough for now, then," said Jiyu. Marvelous seemed to be completely downplaying the significance of what she just said, but at the moment, they needed to get out of this place first. "Guess we need to make sure that, uh, doesn't happen."

Kara had given everyone a recap of the eleventh floor events and the signal to regroup, so Jiyu responded by asking her in her thoughts to ask Chuck to pick up the body. There was no way they should be leaving the body here alone. "Let's grab all of these too," she told Marvelous and Zeal, motioning at the unopened suitcases and the documents that Zeal had found. She grabbed two of the cases and began making her way downstairs.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
The group all met in the corridor outside the closet, Chuck having moved the body down to the ground floor by the door, and each of them in turn took a single look at the figure clawing away his skin. Jiyu carried two of the remaining cases, while Marvelous and Zeal each carried one of the other two.

The figure looked at the gathered figures, or rather looked past them, unfocused and eyes glazing over at the wall behind Zander.

"The seeds have been planted now, yes, the seeds are deep in the ground and they will grow and grow and take and spread and cover this street and town and city and country in its grip yes the boss is looking now her grip moves across the ground and over streets and over cars and people and will take and take andtakeandtakeandtake hahahaHAHAHAhahahahaaaaa...." The figure fell silent, unmoving. Slowly, Marvelous stepped over to the body and held her hand over his mouth. No breathing.

"He's gone. So, now what's the plan? We've got these boxes, these documents and a dead body. Chuck should probably get the body to the hospital, given his talents. Zeal mentioned the clock tower area, so we should probably head over there. Is there anything else we missed?"

Clunk.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Something within Marvelous screamed to move. They were no longer safe.

"OUT NOW! WE NEED TO GO!"

The group left, out the front door, slamming the doors against the walls as they collapsed on each other onto the path outside. As they did, a loud, but muffled explosion shook the street, knocking over the streetlights and tipping cars lined across the road. Cracks begin lining the street as the building began sinking. The walls of the building begin imploding as it fell down into the earth, and smoke began rising from the hole. Gazing down into the hole revealed a hole that went down far, at least a mile deep, cleaving through the sewage system that went under the building.

Marvelous sat back on her haunches, glancing down at the case in her hand. They had got the cases still, and Chuck had brought the robed body out. Everything else though...

The ringing of sirens echo in the distance, as the group came back to their senses. Marvelous exhaled deeply, wiping her head with the bandana in her pocket.

"You guys wanna come crash at mine and get cleaned up? We're all covered in dirt and smoke and it stinks of sewage here. Afterwards we can head towards the tower and get that body to the hospital. I'd rather not have to explain this to the authorities."

Zerade

ralph
Without a word, Haru removed her sewage covered t-shirt and trousers, throwing them into the air and leaving her dressed in a simple skin tight lycra shirt and shorts, also revealing the concealed wire and knives underneath her clothes.

As her ****-covered clothes caught alight from the small Fireball she had thrown with them and burnt to ash before they touched the ground, she leaped up, and blasted off into the city with a Flare Boost, two things on her mind - finding the one who had flown away to begin with, and getting some new clothes.

The one with two names would have to wait.

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Looking down the enormous hole, Silen realized that he didn't feel as shocked as he'd usually be. Perhaps due to everything that had happened, he just accepted this new development as something completely normal that happens everyday, and chose not to think to much about it. As he also did with what happened with flake guy, how did Celeste know the building was about to explode, why did that girl just blast off, and what was the point of them being there in the first place. He focused on the here and now. Well, he wasn't very familiar with the place, but at least he was alright for the moment, if a bit dirty.

"I... think I'm going to take that." he answered Celeste. As much as he would like to trust the law enforcement, Presidium didn't really leave them in the best position to do so. He really didn't want to be recognized and associated with a crime; that would probably stain his mother's image. Even if she was retired, this type of gossip in the hands of some jealous heroes could destroy her entire legacy. Plus, he didn't really have a place to stay at the moment anyways. He was counting on asking Presidium for help with that but that plan didn't go very well. "We should probably hurry though. It won't be much longer 'till the police get here."

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
That was close, thought Jiyu. Staring at where the office once was, she didn’t want to think about how far the building had fallen. She also didn’t want to think about the tiny gray flakes that floated up from the hole high into the skyline.

After Marvelous made her offer, Jiyu looked in the direction of her own flat, then back in the direction of Marvelous’s. It was clear that Jiyu would run into the police if she went back to her own place, and they didn’t need that kind of complication. “Lead the way. It’s not like we have much of a choice,” she said.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Zeal was not nearly as phased as she would be had the insane **** from earlier not happened. Still, she gawked at the hole in the ground for a moment as the others started chatting amongst themselves. The sirens getting a touch louder shook her out of her stupor. "Wait, shouldn't we tell the police what happened-"

Presidium's voice echoed: There's a time and a place for everything! But not now!

Aaaaand there was that little detail of something stirring in the back of her brain when Marvelous was talking. That symbol... she'd seen it before. Recently, too. The artifact it was on didn't do much when she tried poking around with it, so she was quick to deposit it with the people at the estate, but there's no way that was a coincidence, was there? Either way, going to Marvelous' place could answer some questions. And that wasn't a mystery she was willing to pass up. The police could go **** themselves.

"Y'know what? Yeah. Let's go."

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Marvelous glanced at the ragtag group that were stood on the path. Midget had leapt off immediately, showing the dangerous stuff she kept under her clothes.

"Well, let's get going then. Don't want to have to explain this to anyone. Follow me."

Marvelous dashed across the street, the rest following at their own pace. Chuck had picked up the body, carrying it over his shoulder like a rug, just now cognizant of the fact his case is now resting a mile below ground. Jiyu carried two of the cases, while Zeal and Marvelous carried one each. Leading the group down a backalley, the group managed to vanish from site just as the first police vehicle skidded to a halt outside the hole.

Marvelous led the group through back-alley after back-alley, climbing over fences, vaulting the odd shed, until they eventually reached her home. Located within a run down neighborhood, the outside of the house is covered in green scrawls, various letters and shapes etched into the brick glowing a deep green. The house itself was a bungalow, typical design of a Preheroic architect. The tiled roof was uneven, some clearly removed whether that be by weather or by thieves. Marvelous sighed as she moved to open the door. As her key went into the lock, she paused. Turning quietly to the others, she put a gloved finger up to her lips; the universal sign for quiet. Turning the doorknob, she pushed the door open and revealed it to the group outside.

The walls, much like the exterior, are lined with glowing green markings. These ones, rather than being abstract shapes of numbers are more like banners telling stories. One could see images telling of men fighting men, a sphere surrounded by men, and a great green claw hanging over a globe, amongst others. They weren't exclusive to the walls either, the floor, the ceiling everything that could be carved was. Marvelous passed by these without even giving a glance, as she moved to her living room.

The room was a mess, one could better describe it as lived in. Newspapers lie over the coffee table, and the seats had blankets and clothes hung over the back of them. The only device was an old, old TV, a CRT from decades prior flickered to life as she walked past. Marvelous crouched behind the TV, reaching behind it as she visibly cringed. Pulling back, it revealed an old Ouija Board that she dropped on the coffee table. Turning to the others that had followed her in, she gestured to the house.

"Bathroom is round the back, got a shower and a loo. I've got some clothes upstairs, and there might be some guys stuff in there somewhere, I don't recall. Kitchen is second room down, just eat whatever. Not like I need any of it. As for me, I'm gonna do some voodoo." With that, Marvelous left as Celeste visibly breathed out a puff of green smoke, as it moved into one of the cracks on the wall. Breathing in brought in another green wisp of smoke entered her body and her eyes radiated green energy and her back shone in the Mark. It was an odd shape, concentric circles positioned in an odd way that almost resembled a large snake of some sort.

Zerade

ralph
Haru hadn’t made it far from the building, due to the fact that the police had seen her exit and were tailing her, forcing her to travel more slowly and silently. Suppose it helped those others get away. Speaking of-

“We have rules against public indecency here, kid.”

Haru rolled her eyes. Ugh. Not this type of hero... She turned, glancing at the man now stood behind her on the rooftop. She didn’t even need to look at his name to instantly recognise him. “I’m chasing a murder suspect, and you’re delaying me. Go away.”

“There’s been a murder?” The hero asked with a wide smile, his voice booming with both mirth and condescension. “Well, that sounds like something both I and the police can help you with, and coincidentally, they want to talk to you anyway! So-“

The hero was blown up into the air by a vortex of wind, as two daggers of blue light sunk themselves into his shoulder joint. He heard the next words clear as day, even though they were said within a fraction of a second.

“Craft Mine, also known as Notch Elric. The hero with the power to instantly understand, deconstruct, manipulate and reconstruct any solid matter he lays his hands on. A powerful ability that can also be easily countered by putting you in a position where you can’t touch anything.

“I would feel guilty about this, if it weren’t for the fact I know about Mojang, your shadow organisation. For all I know, you’re not even the original, and your plan to clone yourself and put a version in every platform of power in the world to take it over has long since begun. To be honest, I don’t really care. You’re a bit of a prick.” A third blade slid into his chest, thrown by the girl who hadn’t moved from her original position aside from her outstretched arms. He died instantly.

“It’s always convenient when targets find me.” The talk and the ensuing bout had taken less than three seconds to complete, yet in that time the police had gained a considerable amount of ground on Haru, causing her to curse. I won’t be able to lose them now if I head back to the usual spot. If they go past there while still chasing, even if they don’t find it suspicious the extra patrols’ll be annoying.

“Tch.” She grunted, spitting onto the roof as an idea struck. Oi, telepath. Can you still hear me?

Haru walked in to Celeste’s place, Craft Mine’s body slung over her shoulder. She unceremoniously dumped the body on the ground, looking at the others for a moment before asking “Somewhere I can burn this?”

Karolina

Majesdanian
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jaye
Time Zone
CST (GMT -6)
****… Kara thought. This was the exact opposite of staying under the radar. Her thoughts drifted to Entmark, knowing that they would see the building’s collapse on the news eventually. They had been looking for her all these years, and these past few hours had the potential to erase everything that she had built for herself since then. If she went back to her place from here, she didn’t want the risk of anyone tracing their way to her. As much as she didn’t want to stick around with this group, it would be best to stay away from her primary locations.

As they made their way back to where Celeste lived, Kara kept her hood up and face down. The Strong One had run off to find the figure that had escaped earlier, so she decided to keep quiet tabs on her. It was relatively quiet in the Strong One’s thoughts. Until - until then the Strong One killed another hero. Casually. Kara shook her head softly. The Strong One knew she was listening and quickly made her way to their location. ”Ask Celeste if you want to burn something in her household.”

With that, she left the room and walked into the kitchen, where she sat down at the table with a frown on her face. The tenuousness of her thoughts began to engage her phasing factor, which tended to happen when she felt out of control.

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Silen didn't really know what he was expecting, but at least that area was pretty much as concealed as it gets. The police would never find them with all the twists and turns they took. And despite that, he could tell from the different sounds from around the neighborhood that it seemed to be a regular residential area, even if a bit dilapidated. What wasn't normal at all was the glowing house he just walked into, but at that point he could hardly complain. After hearing the instructions from Celeste, Silen promptly began moving in the direction of the bathroom, ignoring the commotion behind him.

Fresh water splashed on Silen's face. His mask sitting on the side of the sink, he just needed a moment to collect his thoughts and breathe. Sometimes he hated that thing, especially when he had to wear it for long periods of time. He had slowly gotten used to it over the last few years, but it was still a relief to take it out after a long day, and that had been a pretty gigantic day so far. Another splash. He moved every sound away from him, and stood a couple of seconds in silence. No matter what, there was something he had to remember. He was a hero and had to behave as such. And it was obvious to anyone that something was definitely happening there, so it was his duty as a hero to pursue the truth. As a hero...

Turning off the water, he moved to the hopefully clean towel. He decided he was going to keep pursuing this for a while longer, at least until that mystery had been solved. Hopefully his parents never find out about this trip...

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
As the building crumbled, Zander was surprised he hadn't sensed any sort of energy blast from the explosion. There was something at the bottom of that hole, it's power slowly fading, but there should have been some sort of build up. something he could have noticed. Explosions don't just randomly happen.

Before he could ponder the source of the explosion any longer, he noticed the police sirens in the distance. ****, he thought. Getting pulled into an investigation (or worse - being seen by the media) could spell disaster for himself and his country. When Celeste offered to go and help everyone hide, he quickly followed, pulling his hat down further to try to avoid any contact with people nearby.

As they reached the strange house, Zander felt himself relax a little bit. He sat on a couch, feeling both curious and disturbed by Celeste's "voodoo". Suddenly, the short girl from earlier walked in, dumping a body on the ground. He gasped at the casual way she dropped the corpse before leaping down to check the man's pulse. Nothing. "W-what happened? How did he die?" he said, his voice almost a whisper.