Started Capes

Zerade

ralph
Haru blinked at the telepath’s words. “I suppose you have a point.” She stated softly, preparing to go find the woman in question - when one of the others there approached Craft Mine’s body.

As he checked the corpse’s pulse - He’s got multiple stab wounds, one of them obviously fatal. Why are you wasting your time? - he asked how the corrupt hero died.

Haru blinked again, staring at him like he was an idiot. “I killed him, obviously. Why else would I be disposing of the body? Also, I imagine the stab wounds in his chest and shoulders and lacerations on his lower body would make the cause of death pretty obvious.”

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
This place was fascinating. It belonged in a museum! Ok maybe not really, but her eyes shone with curiosity as she scanned the place. She was just about to blurt what was on her mind when Miss Property Damage - now Miss Killer - came in. Christ. She looked at the body for a solid few seconds with unimpressed eyes, and decided she really didn't have the energy to deal with more death and destruction today. So she did the only sensible thing - completed ignored it in favor of going over to Celeste's voodoo corner.

"So! What's with all of this cool green stuff in here? Does it have anything to do with that guy who showed up earlier?"

Last edited:

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Celeste breathed out once again, allowing the viscous green smoke that had filled her mouth back out into the room, slipping back into the markings on the wall. She then turned to the corpse Midget had dropped on her rug, and frowned lightly at it. Flicking her tongue out like a snake as her fingers danced over the body. Celeste's eyes watered and she gagged.

"Synthetic blood. This guy isn't properly born. A fake, or clone or something."

She waved her hand as if sending it away, when green light from the walls came streaking down and encased the body in a solid green light before vanishing, along with the body. Celeste clapped her hands together, moving on from the situation

"There. Gone. Now to answer your question Zeal."

Celeste turned to face the young woman as she shoved her hands into her pockets.

"What you're seeing here is a lot of very legal markings that are put together to do very illegal things. When an artist dies, their souls are trapped in the last thing that they created and acknowledged as created. This also counts for copies of said thing. For the last few years, I've been collecting souls here, keeping them you could say, and when I get enough of them, well, we'll all see what happens, won't we?"

Celeste's grin grew from her normal light smile to a tad unhinged as she spoke, her shoulders shaking in either excitement or fear.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
"Ooh! That sounds exciting! Artifacts are more my gig than paintings, but hey, you do you! Ya got any idea what'll happen?"

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
"Ah, but you see, Art is not just paintings. An architect creates art when they design buildings, a chef combines ingredients to make art. The trick to these seals is that ultimately, art is subjective. And everyone makes something, even if it is a mistake."

The markings glow and pulse, as if something is flowing through them like arteries.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
"So what have you made?"

For once in her life, Zeal got a sinking feeling, the butterflies in her stomach turning into moths. Something started screaming in her mind that this wasn't safe. This... third, almost deranged persona of Celeste's was dangerous. Her eyes start subtly scanning the area for a quick get away or quick defensible position, as if this person was a sand trap.

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
After properly securing his mask back in place, Silen walked out of the bathroom to a dead body lying on the floor. He was about to open his mouth to talk, but just ended up deciding not to. He was calm for once during this wacky day, and there was nothing else that could change that. At least, until that changed.

Silen had been keeping an ear out in the neighborhood just in case, and the area around the house had been mostly quiet. That is, until he noticed the footsteps coming towards the house. He could hear 3 distinct sets of footsteps, and they were about 250 meters away from the house, but slowly getting closer. Silen looked around the room for a window, and found one facing the road. Peeking out of it, his suspicions were confirmed: 3 black vans stood on the other side of the street, and if that wasn't ominous enough, walking towards the house were the 3 people he heard. One of them he only assumed was a person, as they were covered by a dark cloud. The second one seemed to be wearing a fancy three piece suit, coupled with sunglasses covering his eyes. The last one completed the odd group by wearing a spandex outfit adorned with lightning bolts. Three people like that would never be seen together, but there they were, and walking to that very building. Not only that but they were probably heroes, or at least the clouded one and the spandex one were. He assumed by the way Celeste presented the house earlier she wasn't the only one who lived there, but there was no way people who drove such fancy cars would willingly come to that neighbourhood just for a friendly chat, much less live there. Silen turned around and faced Celeste. "Sorry to interrupt... but were you expecting guests?"

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
"I made an oath, long ago. To bring my lord into this world, into our plane."

Celeste leans into Zeals face, their eyes close to touching.

"And I succeeded."

Silen's sentence broke her eye contact, and she walked over to the window. One glance outside had her gagging.

"They aren't guests, but I know them. That's Major Thunder and Stingwing. Dunno the guy in the suit. They were involved in the raid against the Xaday years ago that freed Celeste, but who knows why they're back. Haven't missed a rent payment in years."

Celeste moved to the front door, breathing in another green cloud of smoke. As she opened the front door, she was met with a lightning bolt that flung her down the hallway as she slammed against a wall, unconscious.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Terror from the figure's words turned into pure adrenaline when Major Thunder's thunder crackled. Threat - unconscious figure in Celeste's body. Major Thunder and Stinging - sees group inside as threat. Others - will fight back. Clearly unwilling to talk this out, especially considering others will fight. Running - not an option - would be immediately hit by higher class heroes or others in group.

She quickly dashes under the table that held the TV, pushing light from her and cloaking the area under the table in shadow.

Zerade

ralph
Haru reacted uncharacteristically slowly. As soon as she heard others were approaching, she kicked the body that was still next to her as hard as she could, sending it flying into the corner.

She turned to face the newcomers, saw the bolt of lightning that had taken out Double Name, and at once both became incredibly excited at the prospect of a battle yet cowed herself down and forced herself to not attack.

That one attack alone was enough for her to know she probably would struggle to take down just the one who had fired it off, let alone the three. And from what she’d seen of the others here, most of them wouldn’t be much help.

So, instead of leaping forward to fight, she chose instead to wait. She did rather like living, after all.

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Silen barely reacted as Celeste flew through the air until the wall had something to say about it. Zeal immediately hid under a table, which suddenly got unnaturally dark. Silen's reactions didn't fire that fast though; he was using all his concentration to try and figure out just what the hell was happening. Not all people in the room acted as passively though, and Zander was the one to break the silence.

"What the ****?!?"

The man in the suit didn't take long to answer. "There's no need for that kind of language, Mr. Antonov."

"I saw a threat and I removed it. No reason to get uppity. Neat sword though. " justified Major Thunder, noticing Zander had drawn his sword, after which the suit continued his speech.

"We are here on behalf of Raskan Phoenix Subsidiary. You 8 have been chosen to take part in our latest trial. You will contribute to the greatest heroes this world has ever seen, the Shining Age."

Silen felt like he hit the number of questions that could fit in his head, so he got to work making a bit of room.

"What...? What is the Shining Age? What trial? Who are you?"

He didn't notice how well he was reacting to the whole affair, though given all that had happened so far it wasn't very surprising. The suit once again began speaking.

"The trial has already begun. If you want to save that womans life, you should probably give it your best shot. This city is under lockdown. Nobody can enter and nobody can leave. We have placed a serial killer in the city. You have to work out and ... pacify them before they kill 25 people. They can only kill one person a day."

Almost if the whole speech was thoroughly rehearsed, Major Thunder answered the second question.

"The Shining Age is the truth of our world. It is the natural conclusion."

"Why is Celeste a threat?" asked Zander, which was a fair question, since all she did was open the door.

Major Thunder was the first one this time. "So that's what she goes by these days. She's an anomaly, a blot on the world. She lives by our goodwill and because we need your co-operation. "

"This house doesn't exist legally. These etchings are illegal in 54 countries. They are weights, restraints. They keep us all safe. However, such things will not be necessary in the Shining Age." added the suit.

Silen was getting increasingly uncomfortable. Hearing such a speech come out of the mouth of a famous hero made him wonder if he even was Major Thunder at all.

"You... Aren't you heroes? Why are you doing this? Are you impersonators?"

"We aren't heroes." the suit clarified. And Major Thunder completed.

"We're saviors. "

Zander looked more and more frustrated the more he heard. "Why on earth should we believe anything you say? You're talking about setting a serial killer lose and you just blasted someone down for opening the door - all for some shining age? None of what you're saying makes any sense."

"You can believe what you please." the suit answered. "You are necessary for the Shining Age to start, but you aren't required in it. Your actions will shape destiny. Despite all our reach and power, we cannot influence that. So hold on to your hope, your freedoms and your individuality. It is all you have. Best of luck to you."

After that, the suit snapped his fingers, and the three people disappeared before their very eyes. Silen did as wide a search as he could, but he couldn't detect them anywhere near the house. Looking back through the window the black vans had vanished as well. It was as if the trio had never been there in the first place. Where they stood, was left on the ground a weird gadget, featuring a LED screen with the number 25 on it.

Silen stared at the now empty space. He thought about reflecting on the words the visitors left, but he knew there was no point dwelling on it. Instead, he rushed to Celeste. He could still hear her breathing, but he wasn't sure how stable her condition was. Was she really so bad that she needed saving?

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
“...What?” Jiyu shook her head to try to clear her thoughts. All of this information was so much to process at once.

After taking a few moments, she got right to asking what was on her mind. “However Celeste just acted before this - that definitely wasn’t normal for her or Marvelous,” she said. This “third personality” was definitely going to be a problem later on if they did nothing about it. “But how would we save them if we kill whatever that was?”

“Regardless, she needs care now.”
Jiyu looked over Celeste. Celeste was alive and stable, but the electricity had burned through her clothes, leaving a fist-sized hole in her shirt and a large patch of burned skin. Additionally, the blast of electricity had kept her in a comatose state. Jiyu let mana from her ball wash over Celeste, which healed the burns until her skin returned to normal. However, Celeste remained unconscious. It was clear that Major Thunder had done serious damage to keep her in a state like this.

Last edited:

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
As Silen stood stock still in the doorway, a shrill beep comes from the device at his feet, as the red digits flicked off temporarily and reappeared, a glowing 24 displayed on the LED screen.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Zeal took a deep breath, coming out before she lowered the shadows. Her gaze flickered from the door to Celeste - now taking soft, rhythmic breaths due to Jiyu's efforts. A million questions bombarded her mind, and the whispers on the wind definitely weren't helping her crowded thoughts, but this was starting to really, truly, be a mystery of a life-time. Zeal, a detective. Who would have ever thought? Not her, but here they were, and honestly, she couldn't say she hated this.

It was Ms.Bad Life Choices' words that shook her out of her own thoughts. "Let’s move. We’re on a schedule," she asserted. "Someone check new police reports and see if there have been any murders reported recently. If anyone can, access that hero network for the same thing. I need to make a call." She strode out of the house with almost cat-like grace before vanishing from sight.

Sounded like a job for someone who was actually a hero. And they already had leads they could look through. The tower, and the house, which she swore was talking or something weird, but it was probably just her-

"Who's there?"

Ok, so that wasn't just her.

"Think it's something to do with all of this soul stuff. Gonna be honest, we got 25 days to deal with this murder **** and Celeste just told me some weird stuff that I'm kinda more concerned about than some phoenix guys setting up a murder mystery like some kinda game. I think we should look through this house, get Celeste out of here, and see if we can find anything about that Soulkeeper guy before looking at the clock tower. And maybe we can figure out why the house thinks the killer's an emo."

Last edited:

Zerade

ralph
As soon as she left, Haru dashed straight to her home base, no longer particularly caring if she was seen - at the speed she was going, no police patrol would even notice her, let alone catch her. The same could be said for most heroes. As she did so, she made sure to keep a mental line of communication with the telepath back with the others.

Returning back there at record time, she quickly put on a new set of clothes, and packed a bag with some more, as well as weapons, supplies, and her current training scrolls and books. Despite her hastiness in wanting this situation resolved quickly, she somehow knew that wouldn’t be the case. It’d be faster to have her essentials with her at Two Name’s place.

The last thing she picked up was her phone, with only a single contact in it. She went to dial, when suddenly she heard an unfamiliar voice in her head. Shaking her head, she made a note of what it had said, word for word, before continuing with the phone call.

“Sensei.”

“What’s up, Kazecchi?” The voice of Strider came through, almost lethargically.

“What do you know about the heroes Major Thunder and Stingwing? And the Raskan Phoenix Subsidiary?”

“Not too much.” He said, suddenly far more alert. “Pretty much all I know ‘bout those two you already know, or at least it’s all in your Bingo Book. It’s all common knowledge. As for Phoenix, they provide superhuman bodyguards to VIPs and high profile witnesses. As far as I or my informants have been able to tell, it’s all above board, but they use an obscene amount of proxies. Almost nothing is done in their actual name, so the fact that they’re getting involved directly... What’ve you done now?”

Haru bit her lip. “Nothing... yet. But we’ll have to soon.”

“We?”

“I’ve gotten wrapped up with this group. Doesn’t look like it’s possible to really do this without them. A few of them seem competent, but the others are like, kids. They don’t know what the **** they’re doing. Total liabilities.”

“But you can’t do this without them?”

“Apparently so. According to Thunder and Sting.”

“Interesting. Anything else?”

“Yeah. How long would it take for you to get over here?”

“Depends how fast I wrap up. Once I’m done here, I can be over in less than a day.”

“Alright. I’ll call you soon.”

“Don’t do anything stupid. See you soon.” Haru hung up, placing the phone in her bag, slinging it across her shoulders, and began racing back to the others.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
“Killer’s an emo?” questioned Jiyu incredulously. Did Zeal need her hearing checked? “The... walls didn’t say anything like that. How does ‘the clock faces towards death’ translate to ‘the killer is emo’?”

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Her eyebrows raised in slight surprise. “Oh, I didn’t hear that. Said to me that the sun doesn’t shine on the killer. Or something. Said it all fancy like but that’s the gist. Maybe it’s sayin’ different things to us.”

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
The beep from the device laying on the ground made Silen stop in his tracks. As he looked at it and wondered what the changing number meant though, another sound stole his attention. However, this time, it was like something he'd never heard before. First he looked towards Kara, since he was convinced it was another telepathic message. However, that wasn't her voice, and plus, he could tell the message arrived to him through the air. Through the air... from the walls? He had no doubts about it, the walls had just spoken to him. Apparently others in the room claimed to have been talked to as well, but that was impossible. The only sound on that room after the weird girl spoke was the one directed at him. Were they lying? Or was this house just that weird?

"Mine said something about the sound of death?" Silen decided to inform the others, there wasn't much else he could do anyway. "About how it was a ripple on water... whatever that means." He took out his phone to try and access the Visper network for signs of any local trouble, other than the one they caused, but of course, it remained completely out of charge. "Of all the days to forget to charge it..." Silen thought out loud after stuffing it back in his pocket. No point in dwelling on the past, especially when he had so much on his plate. It seemed like he'd have to do an investigation on this place; hopefully with no naked ghost people this time.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
The brunette shifted into a more attentive position, the suggestion of splitting up on her lips, when the stench of something once unfamiliar hit her nose. It wrinkled away from the hail of death, but she all at once found movement in her body and walked over to the stairs with a spring in her step. "If y'all need me, I'm gonna be upstairs." With that, she ducked from view of the others. The attic, while surely hiding mysteries untold, would have to wait. Best for last, right? The only other room was the bedroom, but that was where many people did their most secret work. She imagined. Where else would people do their evil work? Their kitchen? That could get food all over it. Nasty!

However, upon entrance, Zeal couldn't help but notice just how bare the room really was. The object of most note was the bed - if you could call it that. In actuality, it was just the frame and a pillow, both covered in those Soulkeeper markings. The wardrobe Celeste had mentioned earlier was pushed against the far walls, and a small chest of drawers lied next to the bedframe. On the floor was a small laptop and a knapsack. Small living, for sure. She grumbled, pushing open the wardrobe in hopes that there was at least the cool jackets, but everything faded once the body that inhabited the piece of furniture flopped to the ground, face first. A moment of stunned silence passed over her - oh god why does she look like Celeste - before coming closer to ensure her life. The figure, albeit faintly, drew breath, but more importantly, she was Celeste, right down to the last detail.

"There's another Celeste up here!" she hollers in the direction of the door after a moment, unsure what to do with yet another body. However, she's still otherwise for a moment, staring back up at the closet while kneeling over her body. To her dismay, the closet held nothing but unused coat-hangers. Damn shame. That coat was really damn cool. A moment later, the pink haired girl (wait, didn't she just leave?) pads into the room, and stares at the body for a moment. "I see," she says after a moment.

"You wanna bring her down with the other one?"
The girl hesitates for a moment. "...No. She's alive; leave her for now. Keep looking up here. I'm gonna continue that conversation. Call if you find anything."
"Uh... okay." Part of her thought to ask what was going on downstairs, but honestly she cared more about looking into the computer files of Celeste. That's probably where the juicy stuff was. Not a moment later, the pink-haired shorty left.

Her gaze fell back on the body. It laid there, taking small breaths. Damn, she couldn't just leave it here either. Her gaze flitted across the room - the bed was really the only thing she could consider vaguely comfortable. Maybe she found it comfortable? It was her bed at least. She hoisted her up onto the bed and was nearly about to leave to look at the computer when the markings on the mattress glow green, then shift purple as they glow bright and then dim to the lowest she'd ever seen them. The figure coughed quietly, and something from the attic thumped heavily. She was sorely tempted to check the attic, but the figure piqued her curiosity enough to stay. Plus, Celeste seemed nice. And she was the only one here.

"Something happened Shorty!" she shouts back to the pink-haired girl. So much for continuing any conversation. Sucks to be her. With that errand out of the way, she turned to the rousing figure. "Celeste! Can you hear me?"

The Celeste-like figure looks down at her body in confusion, as if she is unused to her own skin. "Wh-where am I? This isn't Belarus..."
"Belar..." Belarus wasn't gonna answer why there's two Celeste's. "Ah, **** it. You called this your house, but that was some other copy of you so I don't really know what's going on right now."
Her gaze grows serious. "A copy? Where is it."
"Down with the others."
"Others?" She frowns. "You mean there is other people in this place? This place, it isn't safe for anybody. His taint is here, I can feel it. What has happened while I was Wandering?" She pauses for a moment, before her eyes light up with a thought. "Wait, what year is it?"
"2063, but ya took us here?" Definitely not this Celeste, but still. She had to be related to all this, right? She had to have some kind of idea.

This deeply troubled the double Celeste. "So I was out 3 years..." she mutters quietly, clearly to herself. "That would give Him more than enough time to set things in motion. Raeskelon never needed much time to get plans out." After a moment more of thinking, she looks up at Zeal. "I'm afraid you've been duped. Whatever brought you here is not Celeste. Not me. What is most likely is someone known as Marvelite, a former member of the Esta Xaday who specializes in shapeshifting. Through rituals, he gained the ability to latch onto and mimic a soul and subsequently their body and life."

Ahh ****. "Sooo what you're saying is the whole idea of Marvelous was just shapeshifting and he had soul stuff because of Soulkeeper ********."
"Ah, you know about Him. That expedites the process."
"Dunno much. Just that he left some video talkin' to the person pretending to be you about not knowing what the future was like." Wait, she didn't know about Presidium then, did she? That's... probably something she needed to know. Immediately. After that attic thing got figured out. Yes. Perfect. Exploring over explaining. Haha yes.
The figure composes herself. "Allow me to introduce myself. Celestia Barkworth, SoulWeaver at your service."
Zeal grins in reply. "Well nice to meet you! I'm Zeal! Uh. No fancy title. Just Zeal."
"It is my pleasure Zeal. Now, to deal with Marveli-" A large crash emanates from downstairs, and Zeal moves to look out at the commotion without even thinking.

Zerade

ralph
Haru entered the building mere minutes after she had left it, most of the time that she was gone having been spent on the conversation she had had with Strider. It hadn’t been too useful, however the lack of information was somewhat enlightening, as it caused her to think and dwell on the facts she did know, which made one thing in particular stand out to her as odd.

“Someone fill me in on everything that’s happened since you entered this building with her.” She said, as she slung her bag to the ground, and pointed at the still prone Celeste.

”You saw the stuff with Thunder, Sting, and Suit Guy, but after that, the... walls or something began talking to us. Apparently all our messages are different. Did you happen to hear anything?” Answered the masked one. Haru grunted. She was one of the more competent ones, but she didn’t get it. Perhaps she hadn’t realised.

“Do what I asked first. I don’t care what you think I saw. Tell me everything that you saw. I want to hear it from your perspective.” Why were those heroes so dismissive of her? It doesn’t make any sense. I need to know. The girl was roused from her thoughts by a voice from upstairs.

”There's another Celeste up here!”

“...Hm.” Haru bounded up the stairs, straight to Zearu’s side, pausing once she saw the body splayed our on the ground.

The Bell Tolls For Her Stolen Soul
LV 14
Celestia Barkworth

“I see.” Haru’s mind began to race at the implications of what this meant. Zearu’s voice once again rang out, catching her attention, but this time it didn’t shake her thought process.

”You wanna bring her down with the other one?"

“No,” Haru breathed. She didn’t want the two of them near each other. “She's alive; leave her for now. Keep looking up here. I'm gonna continue that conversation. Call if you find anything." Haru walked back down the stairs, eyes slit and alert. “I need that answer from you, Mask. I need to know everything that’s happened so far. It looks quite important.” She stopped, as she heard a crash and then speech from upstairs.

She stood on the stairwell, intently listening to the conversation above. it was now that Mask decided to speak, but before she was able to make a sound, Haru put a finger to her lips, shushing her as she overheard the other conversation before finally deciding she had heard enough, nodding to herself and walking to the ‘Celeste’ on the ground and Jiyu.

“You’re a bit useless, but it doesn’t matter anymore.” The ninja venomously spat at Jiyu, her opinion soured. She roughly pushed the other girl out of the way, placed two fingers on Celeste’s head, and fired. The back of her head exploded, and her brains painted the walls.