childhood snacks

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
what sort of snacks would you eat a lot as a kid? what was your absolute favorite?? also do you still eat any of it or have your tastes changed a lot?=)

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
As a child, my favorite snacks were Babybel, grilled cheese and instant ramen. I like them still to this day, though I eat Babybels very rarely.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Rice crackers! :D I loved them as a kid! I don't know what particular brand my mom used to buy, but it had a mild sweet/savory flavor.

Also seaweed, like the kind used to make sushi. It came in these little plastic packets.

I used to love string cheese when I was a kid, but now I pretty much only eat it when I want a snack and everything else in the fridge is too sweet.

Whenever my mom went to Ranch Market, she used to always get buns in the bakery section. Barbecue pork was my favorite, but now I've started to appreciate the curry buns.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Rice cakes were a big one for me. I also ate a lot of animal crackers, dates, and raisins. Out of all of these, animal crackers and rice cakes are the only ones I've had in the past five years, now I eat crackers or something else.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Chocolate.
I still eat chocolate.
I can't stop eating it.

I also ate many cookies.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i used to love rice cakes, cheez it’s, goldfish, and a crackers with cheese. i used to freeze gogurts a lot when i was younger and it was sooo good omg. admittedly, i still eat all of these a lot lol. i think now that i’ve grown up i appreciate these more so now i eat them all the time (especially cheez it’s theyre my favorite food ever i love them so much)

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Oh boy, there were tons of memorable snacks that we only ate when we were kids.

Everything is basically in this image

I don't eat any of these anymore, they were just the snacks we knew from the school canteen and ate all the time.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Whale crackers. They're a blatant rip off of Fish crackers, but they tasted so good. The person running my daycare gave them to me and I loved them right away. Even now, nearly fourteen years later, I still enjoy eating them as a snack.

Last edited:

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Whale crackers. They're a blatant rip off of Fish crackers, but they tasted so good. The person running my daycare gave them to me and I loved them right away. Even now, nearly fourteen years later, I still enjoy eating them as a snack.
I FORGOT ABOUT WHALE CRACKERS I agree that those were very good and I ate them a lot.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
My family mostly fed me fruits and veggies as snacks when I was a kid.

At grandma's....zebra cakes and swiss rolls. <3

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Granola bars and yogurt kept me alive whenever I was rushing from school to dance.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I completely forgot In A Biscuit snacks existed, lol.

Those monster noodles were the thing to have when I was a tiny tot. Otherwise it was like roll-ups and LeSnacks.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Kroger Brand Mixed Berry Applesauce

May it rest in peace.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
something really special to me is my dad and i used to eat canned sardines on crackers when i was growing up. he was very particular and would only eat 1 brand of canned sardines, as an adult i agree i've tried others and they suck.

i also remember string cheese, go gurt thingies even tho i hated yogurt, triscuits mmm i still love triscuits,, and probably more i can't remember rn

something funny is when i was smol my mom would make me ramen noodles but we'd traditionally put an ice cube in it so it wasn't too hot. she also made me grilled cheese and sketti ohs a lot.

in my teen years, my go-to snack was goldfish crackers lol. goldfish crackers and dr pepper. :pensiveazurill:

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Monster/Rockstar energy drinks, free bread from the oh so generous manager of the local sammy shop (which I now work at!!!), uh ramen, sammys

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica

I dunno WHAT my childhood would've been like without these things lmao