Nuzlocke [Complete] Kaori's Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke (With a twist!)

Which starter should I pick?

• Cleffa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oddish

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Torchic

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-0.png

After having my previous ROM freeze on me because it was not programmed corrected, I decided to not mess with the more complicated ROM hacks which try and add Fairy typing or new moves into gen III.

Instead, I will be playing just the basic Emerald before the physical/special split with nothing from later generations added onto it. However, that doesn't mean this will be standard Pokemon Emerald.

First of all, this will be a RANDOMIZER.

1. All Wild Pokemon are randomized.

- They will be of similar strength as the Pokemon usually found in this area.

2. The starter Pokemon have been randomized.

- They will all be basic Pokemon with 2 evolutions.

3. The Pokemon of all battles are randomized.

- They will be of similar strength as the original Pokemon.

- The rival will keep his starter throughout the game.

- All Pokemon above lv. 36 will be fully evolved.

- The overall difficulty is raised by 10%

4. All static encounters are randomized.

5. Several minor tweaks.

- Trade evolutions and day/night cycle evolutions now evolve by level or item.

- Move power and base stats have been updated to their gen VI equivalent.

- Running indoors enabled.

- National Dex is given at the start.

- All Pokemon names are in lower case.

As for the rules, they are pretty basic.

1. I may only catch the first Pokemon of every new route/area.

1.1 Dupes clause

1.2 Shiny clause

1.3 Gift clause

1.4 Gender clause: I will only be using FEMALE Pokemon. -- Why? You will find out very soon.
(Male wild encounters may be ignored and I will allow myself to soft reset for the starter/static encounters.)

2. If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released or permanently boxed.

3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

4. The Nuzlocke rules do not take effect until after I have received my Pokedex.

5. The challenge is over when I have beaten the Champion. (The battle with Steven is optional but does not count towards the main Nuzlocke)

Now you might be wondering ー What is this twist?

Look below to find out!

Prologue: Pick my starter!

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-2.png

Here we are, once again. Hopefully this attempt at Pokemon Emerald won't be so short-lived.

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-4.png
Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-5.png

This time there is no alternate sprite but we are sticking with the same name.

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-7.png
Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-8.png

Just the same old events as always.

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-10.png
Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)-12.png

Professor Birch is still being traumatized by a Zigzagoon, it seems. We better help him out before he gets eaten alive.

Since this a randomizer, the starters should be different from vanilla Emerald.

Let's take a look...

Emerald Moemon Starter-1.png
Emerald Moemon Starter-2.png
Emerald Moemon Starter-3.png

Surprise!

I have applied the Moemon Mod to this ROM to make things 20% cuter and this will probably make me feel like a horrible person whenever one of them dies. This is also why I will only be using female Pokemon, because all of the Moemon sprites are very obviously female. (It will become even more apparent with their final stages)

So, we have the choice of Cleffa, Oddish or Torchic.

Which one shall it be?

You decide!​

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
Moemons are so precious!!! I've only seen like one playthrough of this

So yeah! I picked Torchic, even though I was really considering Oddish! Cleffa is a bit of a pain to train up in general and takes a bit to evolve since it evolves by friendship.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
I feel like Torchic would be a bit basic, as it is already a starter normally, so I voted for Oddish, considering how you're currently using a Clefable in your FireRed Scramble. Good luck on your challenge!

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
omgosh!!!! this is the first time i see this and it's SO CUTE! i don't know which one to vote for, hmmmm >.<

edit: okay i think i'll vote for Oddish, considering what Moxie said about Cleffa, since this is a challenge and i wouldn't want things to be unnecessarily difficult for you :p

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Ooh, this looks fun! I voted Oddish, since it would not only be useful for the first gym, but might just be interesting overall! Cleffa might be too challenging and Torchic might be too basic:)

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Moemon, eh? Nice twist you got there, sis. Male Pokemon with such sprites gonna be awkward 'coz he would be a crossdresser in that case. :hmmazurill:

And about the starter, don't think I can say anything about it, so I may or may not vote here. Sorry about that. :pensiveazurill:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
First of all, a small change has been made to this challenge.

I tested out the randomizer with the 'similar strength' mod on and basically got all Magikarp, Feebas, Cascoon, Silcoon, etc... on the first routes. The trainers all had very similar Pokemon as well.

So I made a new randomized ROM (keeping the starters the same) and omitted the similar strength, just banning early Wonderguard and legendaries instead. Hopefully that will make things a little more exciting!

I've also edited the Pokemon to make sure they're all 100% female so I don't have to get frustrated when a good first encounter is a male. I did leave the Ralts line at 87% female because I thought maybe the game would crash if Wally didn't get to catch his male Ralts.

@Moxie They're definitely the best of both worlds! A lot of the sprites have gotten updated now and they look absolutely stunning!

@Calaf Thank you for your vote!

@Bunnie Even though Clefable has been awesome in my FR Scramble, I feel like Igglybuff wouldn't be very good. > < It kind of relies on TMs for coverage and R/S/E doesn't hand you good moves early on like FR/LG does.

@Pendraflare It's my fault for trying to play a new hack. It was bound to have some game-breaking glitches still.

@DeepSeaPrincess Thank you! The gym leader's should have randomized teams so I don't know how useful Oddish will be actually. xD

@sanianisa Not just crossdressers, some of the sprites very obviously have a female body so it would just be weird. ^^;;

I will be using spoilers from now on because the posts do get quite long with all the images. The updates will be smaller than usual as well because I will need to grind quite a bit.

You guys voted and my starter will be...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-8.png

This cute, little Oddish! The backsprite looks really good as well, I love the detail on the shading of the hair. Zigzagoon is cute as well, but I'm not sure if I like those glasses.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-0.png

Goodbye Zigzagoon. I love how Oddish is actually surprisingly tanky despite being such a small and frail-looking Pokemon.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-2.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-3.png

I simply couldn't pass up on this opportunity.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-4.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-5.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-6.png

Modest nature means I will be mostly relying on my grass stab. I would like to evolve Erika into a Bellossom, but I don't know where I can get the Sun Stone. I believe most stones are late game in R/S/E. > < I did enable random held items on wild Pokemon, so maybe one of our catches will hold on.

Speaking of held items...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-7.png

A Master Ball! I could technically get something on route 101 with this, but I think I'm going to wait till I get my Pokedex and the Nuzlocke officially starts.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-9.png

Let's see what we could possibly get on this route later on...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-10.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-12.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-15.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-21.png

We can do the same for route 103 as well.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-23.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-22.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-25.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-30.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-33.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-34.png

I knew I would have to take on a Torchic with only Absorb, so I made sure I was a high enough level to be able to do it.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-36.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-37.png

Now the Nuzlocke has officially started! Let's go get our encounters on the first couple of routes.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-42.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-50.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-57.png

Fubuki the Cloyster, Makoto the Manectric and Bella the Miltank all join the party!

I did use the Master Ball on Fubuki because I felt like it would be a really good typing to have and it's a great physically defensive wall. Unfortunately, I had nothing to weaken it and it's a fully evolved Pokemon so I wasn't confident at catching it at all.

Once I had Makoto, at least I could use Thunder Wave to put a status on my encounters and make them easier to catch.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-44.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-52.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-59.png

I looked up the movesets for these three and unfortunately, both Fubuki and Makoto will not be getting much at all. At least we will have Surf eventually and Makoto gets her first Electric move somewhere around level 20, I believe. I don't think just Tackle will cut it till then, so I decided to box her for now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-62.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-64.png

Bella was holding this TM and she can learn it, so I figured I would give it to her. We will be getting another one very soon from Roxanne anyway.

Now it's time to train up these new team members!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-66.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-74.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-68.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-76.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-77.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-78.png

The team is performing very well so far, and having these fully evolved Pokemon in the wild definitely helps out with yielding EXP as well. I have to say, I am glad Erika is my starter. Water is the most common type, so pretty much any route has at least one Water type for me to train on. Bella's STAB Tackle also hits anything extremely hard and Fubuki takes any physical hit like they just tickled her a little.

I proceeded along route 102 and battled all the trainers but none of them had any extremely strong Pokemon which gave me trouble. However, there was one really funny moment...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-87.png

What a coincidence is that!? I also love how the Tauros is doing a 'Hey girl!' pose. Bella was not impressed and he got a Tackle to the face in return.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-85.png

Can we also appreciate how adorable the Wingull girl is? I want a Wingull now and I will never evolve her. I even have a name for her in mind already.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-91.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-92.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-93.png

We've made it to Petalburg City, so it's time to help Wally catch his Ralts.

Moemon fix-0.png
Moemon fix-1.png
Moemon fix-2.png

Uhm. Wally? Pretty sure you killed it but okay. Also seeing this adorable Ralts sprite makes me even more salty about having to cancel my previous challenge run. I was really looking forward to playing through Hoenn with Serenity.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-101.png

This event triggers but I think nobody is really interested in that so...Going along!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-103.png

I wonder what this next route will give us. Find out next time!

-- TO BE CONTINUED --

Erika the Oddish

Lv. 11

Modest nature (+ Sp. Atk. - Atk.)

Chlorophyll

Absorb / Sweet Scent

Fubuki the Cloyster

Lv. 11

Lax nature (+ Def. - Sp. Def.)

Shell Armor

Protect / Aurora Beam / Withdraw / Supersonic

Miltank sprite.png

Bella the Miltank

Lv. 11

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Tackle / Growl / Rock Tomb / Defense Curl

Manectric sprite.png

Makoto the Manectric

Lv. 3

Relaxed nature ( + Def. - Spd. )

Static

Tackle / Thunder Wave / Leer / Howl

None!

Let me know which Moemon featured in this part is your favorite and why!

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Dawww, so cute. Love the Scyther design!

Also wow, Wally KOing the Ralts. According to Bulbapedia that's a 1-in-8500 chance, so even rarer than a shiny!

Reactions: SAF

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
I like how you've added a twist to this challenge by using the Moemon mod, the sprites are very cute! I think Poliwrath is my favorite so far!
Btw, I have a question about the randomizer, as I've never played with one: do you keep getting the same Pokemon on each Route, like multiple Masquerains, or is it totally random?

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
I'm looking forward to following this, I think that Miltank is adorable

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Well, I'd say that Miltank, Magmar, and Wingull are quite adorable, hands down. But still, for the love of things, I seriously had one hell of a good laugh for that Tauros over there. :lolazurill::joyousazurill:

It brings me to this question: do all the Moemon sprites for all-male Pokemon like Tauros and Latios use a male body instead of a female one?

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
My favorite is definitely Cloyster! The purple hair really suits her adorable design, but Aggron just looks awesome so that's a close second

Great start to the locke~ And those names are really on point :happyazurill:

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I think the Cloyster and the Miltank are the ones I like the most. And I like where this has started so far. I would say that the first Gym should be easy for you, but as a Randomizer I really can't :cheekyazurill:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@Bunnie Right? While the style is a little inconsistent at times (some Pokemon have updates sprites while others don't), I am still enjoying the aesthetic a lot!

@icelandic Maybe it has to do with the Randomization or the Moemon Mod, but I still found it hilarious.

@Calaf It depends on the settings you select. You can do a full randomize, a 1-to-1-mapping (so all Zigzagoon turn into one Pokemon, all Poochyena into another, etc.), etc. I personally chose the 'Catch 'em all' mode for more variety. The Pokemon do stay the same in the routes which I don't mind. If one route has a lot of Water types, I know that's a good place for training my Grass or Electric types.

@LRachelR5 Thank you!

@sanianisa Yup! All 100% male Pokemon do have male models.

@Moxie Thanks! I am trying to give them names fitting to their appearance or type.

@Pendraflare Thank you~ A grass type starter will still be useful when Water types are extremely common.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-105.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-106.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-107.png

My route 104 encounter is this adorable little baby. I have seen how cute Magmar looks with the Moemon mod, so I'm happy about this. It's also a new typing for the game and since there aren't a whole lot of Fire types in general, I'm glad to add one so early on.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-108.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-109.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-110.png

It's a baby Pokemon so her stats aren't the best and she is quite frail, but at least she comes with a STAB move and plenty of more moves to learn!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-111.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-116.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-133.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-117.png

Rather than taking on the trainers first, I decided to skip towards the forest to see what I could get here.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-118.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-122.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-123.png

Makoto makes a cameo to help us catch this beautiful queen. Thankfully, Ryuuko knows Thunder Wave as well which will be a great asset when capturing new Moemon.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-124.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-125.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-126.png

Another rare and new typing so I am considering myself really lucky with these encounters. She even comes with a STAB move! I don't think Dratini usually has Twister at just lv. 6?

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-134.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-135.png

I made sure the two new girls were all trained up before I proceeded with the plot.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-136.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-138.png

It is really difficult to pay attention to these battles when the opponent's Moemon constantly make me squeal from sheer cuteness. I know I just got a Dragonair, but I really want a Swablu now. Look at that fluffy cutie.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-145.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-146.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-147.png

Back to Petalburg Woods, we run into this poor fella who is looking for a Shroomish in a randomized game. Good luck.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-148.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-149.png

Sudden level spike caught me a little off guard, especially because Water/Ice types destroy half of my team. I have Bella who resists Ice types with her ability, but I tried to risk it and go to Erika instead.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-150.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-152.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-153.png

Powder Snow was a little scary but Absorb returns a lot of HP thanks to Walrein's high HP stat. Erika has really been proving herself as a useful starter so far.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-143.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-160.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-162.png

Some more adorable Moemon from random trainers. Sceptile has always been my least favorite Hoenn starter, but I really want one on my team now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-168.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-169.png

Made it to Rustboro safely and decided to pick up the HM for Cut. I haven't decided who to teach it to yet but Erika might not be a bad choice. This at least gives her an opportunity to hit Pokemon who aren't affected by Grass type attacks.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-170.png

I always do route 116 before taking on the gym leader for some extra EXP. Let's see what we get here!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-171.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-172.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-176.png

A Ghost type could be interesting because it gives me an immunity to Normal types. (And also Ground types because of Levitate) Misdreavus' movepool is not the greatest in Gen III and all Ghost types will be physical, but I will put her on the team for now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-184.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-183.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-185.png

I defeated all of the trainers on route 116 and did not run into any real troubles. I am quite a bit higher in level for now, but I think Roxanne will have lv. 15~16 Pokemon because I raised the difficulty by 10% so I will be training just a little more before taking her on.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-190.png

Might as well get this final encounter before the gym while I'm at it.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-191.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-192.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-193.png

I never liked the Gulpin line but I will admit that sprite is really cute. I don't really have a need for a pure Poison type, unfortunately, so she will be going on standby for now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-194.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-196.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-197.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-202.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-203.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-204.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-205.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-207.png

This is what the team looks like after some training. I think we are ready to go take on Roxanne now!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-208.png

Don't be fooled by the design of the gym, there is no way to guarantee the trainers or the gym leader will be using Rock types in this randomizer.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-209.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-210.png

Oh no.

Don't be fooled by the cuteness. That is Satan himself right there. Bless Erika for having Poison Powder to fight against this beast.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-212.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-213.png

It was the Poison which took it down, but I still got scared for a minute because I am not super familiar with the Destiny Bond mechanics.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-224.png

The remaining gym trainers did not have anything too scary, but I do want to show off this adorable Dewgong mermaid! I want one of these...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-228.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-232.png

Here we are, ready to take on Roxanne!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-233.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-236.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-241.png

No Rock types, but two Water types so Erika had a field day nevertheless! Akane also got to help out against the Illumise.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-243.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-244.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-245.png

This concludes the first gym battle with no casualties! I will consider that a win.

Next time I will head back to Rusturf Tunnel to save Peeko and then we can head out to Dewford. Once I get the Old Rod, I will be able to get a bunch more encounters so look forward to that!

Erika the Oddish

Lv. 16

Chlorophyll

Absorb / Sweet Scent / Poison Powder / Stun Spore

Fubuki the Cloyster

Lv. 15

Shell Armor

Miltank sprite.png

Bella the Miltank

Lv. 15

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Stomp / Growl / Rock Tomb / Defense Curl

Magby.png

Akane the Magby

Lv. 15

Lonely nature ( + Atk. - Def. )

Flame Body

Ember / Leer / Smog

Ryuuko the Dragonair

Lv. 15

Serious nature

Shed Skin

Thunder Wave / Wrap / Leer / Twister

Misdreavus.png

Hotaru the Misdreavus

Lv. 15

Hasty nature ( + Spd. - Def. )

Levitate

Growl / Psywave / Spite / Astonish

Manectric sprite.png

Makoto the Manectric

Lv. 3

Relaxed nature ( + Def. - Spd. )

Static

Tackle / Thunder Wave / Leer / Howl

Gulpin.png

Chloe the Gulpin

Lv. 6

Hardy nature

Sticky Hold

Pound / Yawn

None!

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@Bunnie Thank you! I feel the same. They did an amazing job with these sprites.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-0.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-1.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-3.png

As soon as we leave the gym, trouble seems to have struck. Poor Shroomish guy. Will he ever find his Shroomish?

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-7.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-8.png

Hoenn is going through a crisis right now, it seems. All because of this one guy who stole some goods and a Wingull.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-9.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-11.png

Fortunately for us, he is a bad runner and hasn't gotten far.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-12.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-13.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-14.png

For the first time since I started playing this game, I feel a little disappointed. Eevee is already so cute as a Pokemon, I was expecting her to be absolutely adorable as a Moemon. I'm not saying it isn't cute, but I feel like it doesn't do Eevee's natural cuteness justice.

On a sidenote, we OHKO'd it with an Aurora Beam.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-22.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-31.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-32.png

Lots of gifts for getting those goods back, but we also have to run yet another errand.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-33.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-35.png

Back in Rustboro, there is an optional rival battle. I'm OCD when it comes to skipping content, so might as well~

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-36.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-37.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-39.png

We know Brendan will have the Torchic line throughout the game because I selected that option, but I wonder if he will also keep that Shuckle? I hope he does because it is very easy to take out.

As for the Combusken...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-41.png

Ow ow ow. That actually hurt. Fire/Fighting is a fairly good typing against my team because my only Water type does not have an actual Water type move.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-43.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-44.png

Thankfully we have Hotaru who is unaffected by Fighting type moves~

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-46.png

I taught Cut to Erika, so we can do these trainers now as well.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-48.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-49.png

They didn't have anything threatening, but these two cuties stood out to me! I love the tan skin on Carvanha.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-51.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-52.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-55.png

We have arrived on Dewford and the first thing I did was go and pick up the Old Rod! With this, we can get a grand total of 5 new encounters just by fishing.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-57.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-58.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-59.png

Dewford Town encounter is a Skarmory with an amazing nature. I really like how this sprite looks as well.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-63.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-64.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-65.png

On route 107 we catch ourselves a Starmie, sweet! It comes with Water Gun but won't get any other moves by level up due to being a stone evolution.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-69.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-70.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-71.png

This Haunter I catch on route 106 but with a lack of a physical/special split, I don't see myself using her.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-75.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-77.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-84.png

I tracked back to Petalburg City where I found the Shroomish that guy has been looking for!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-79.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-80.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-81.png

Last but not least, on route 115 we catch ourselves a beautiful Alakazam! I later found out she has Teleport on her moveset alongside Kinesis and Confusion so I got super lucky!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-87.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-88.png

You thought we were done? There's actually one more encounter I can get here in Granite Cave. While I'm at it, I also picked up the TM for Flash although I doubt I will teach it to anyone.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-94.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-95.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-102.png

Granite Cave gives us another Water type who comes with a Water type move and still has plenty of moves to learn. I've never used a Milotic before, so I am tempted to add her to the team.

That being said...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-101.png

I put everyone except Erika and Akane in the box because I think it is time to rebuild the team a little. I've gotten so many good encounters and cute Moemon I want to use that I am honestly at a loss.

This is where you guys come in! Let me know which Moemon you want me to put on the team and why! Next time, I'll be back with (maybe) a brand-new squad!

-- TO BE CONTINUED --

Erika the Oddish

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 17

Chlorophyll

Absorb / Cut / Poison Powder / Stun Spore

Fubuki the Cloyster

Lv. 16

Shell Armor