Nuzlocke [Complete] Kaori's Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke (With a twist!)

Which starter should I pick?

• Cleffa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oddish

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Torchic

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Pokeblock case, huh? Since this is Emerald, you might want to...
...go to Lilycove City's Contest Hall to get one, then go back to Safari Zone for your encounter hunt

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SAF Yeah! I looked it up later and then remembered about the Pokeblock minigame. I actually used to play it quite a lot as a child.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-374.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-375.png

I cleared out the building part of Mt. Pyre first to get this TM. This is part of the reason why I decided to add Viola to the team, because I knew we would get Shadow Ball soon. All Ghost type moves are physical in this gen so Crobat actually benefits from it.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-376.png

Now for the outer part. Let's go look at what Team Aqua is up to.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-377.png

Fire Punch is special in this generation, so Flamethrower is actually an upgrade for Magmar. It would be nice to get a physical move on her as well though. Perhaps I should go get the TM for Return.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-379.png

The fog has settled in, creating a spooky atmosphere...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-380.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-381.png

Team Aqua is all the way on top, cornering this poor old couple. It makes me wonder why these old people hang around the top of Mt. Pyre though. Doesn't seem like a very nice place to be with all the fog.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-382.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-385.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-387.png

The Red Orb and Blue Orb have both been stolen by Team Aqua and Team Magma respectively. Fortunately, Team Magma pulled an oopsie and left their Emblem behind. That could come in useful.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-389.png

I've safely made it to Lilycove City! Let's go get that Pokeblock Case first.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-390.png

I might do a couple of contests for fun in between episodes because it should look cute with the Moemon sprites. For now, let's continue with the story before Team Aqua and Magma destroy the world.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-392.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-393.png

I ran out of item space and wanted to go sell some things, but it seems like Brendan won't let me pass unless I defeat him in a battle.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-394.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-395.png

The nice thing about the 10% raise in levels is that his starter actually reaches its final evolution now. I always found it very anti-climatic how we never even get to battle against Blaziken/Swampert/Sceptile in the originals.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-399.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-400.png

I never read much of a dialogue as a child because my English skills were so poor, but this part is actually a little sad. You can't tell with the pixel art because it doesn't show expressions, but I didn't remember Brendan feeling so defeated over his loss.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-434.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-437.png

Lilycove City and Safari Zone captures. Dragonite could have counted towards Species Clause but it's such a late level evolution, having just a straight-up Dragonite is way better. Calm nature isn't too bad since Dragon typing is special in this gen.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-415.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-416.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-417.png

Anyway, back to exploring! We've easily discovered Team Aqua's hideout, but they are gossiping about Team Magma instead. I don't think I took a screenshot of this back then, but there was actually a single Team Magma grunt on the Ravaged Path when I went to fight Flannery. That seems kind of suspicious?

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-427.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-428.png

I like how these games were still subtle with their hints. It probably took me a while to figure this out as a child, considering the time frame between gym 4 and now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-429.png

Infiltration ー Success! That was easy.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-440.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-441.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-482.png

A very fitting Pokemon to catch in such a fiery area! I love Flareon, so I am honestly tempted to use her.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-442.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-447.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-448.png

Some cute Moemon encountered along the way.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-446.png

Defeated Admin Tabitha and once again, I failed to notice that I was fighting him until the very end of the battle. Whoops!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-450.png

Uh-oh. Maxie is up to no good it seems. Also that Groudon sprite is hilarious looking back at it. It looks more like an oversized doll or plushie, rather than a menacing beast.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-452.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-453.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-456.png

The light of the blue orb does awaken Groudon...But then it just flies off into the air in true 2004 fashion.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-463.png

For some reason Maxie gets mad at me even though he is the one who messed up, so now I have to battle him.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-464.png

Again with the Water types, I'm starting to think that he might get along better with Team Aqua than he thinks.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-467.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-468.png

That Kingdra was way more annoying than it should have been with Smokescreen and Twister flinches, but Erika eventually takes it out.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-469.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-470.png

Next up is this adorable Piloswine, who goes down to one Surf.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-471.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-472.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-473.png

His last Pokemon is another water type. There are a lot of water types in general, so it's not surprising to see them pop up so frequently. I also noticed that my team is getting a little low on levels again. However, it doesn't matter as much because the trainer's Pokemon usually don't have very good movesets.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-474.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-476.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-477.png

The salt is real.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-478.png

There's no real clue where to head next, so I guess my next destination will be the Team Aqua hideout from earlier. They stole the Red Orb, so they must be up to no good as well.

See you all next time!

Erika the Vileplume

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 42

Modest nature (+ Sp. Atk. - Atk.)

Chlorophyll

Bullet Seed / Cut / Toxic / Sleep Powder

Milotic.png

Coral the Milotic

@ Mystic Water

Lv. 42

Lonely nature ( + Atk. - Def. )

Marvel Scale

Surf / Ice Beam / Recover / Twister

Miltank sprite.png

Bella the Miltank

@ Silk Scarf

Lv. 42

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Strength / Milk Drink / Rock Tomb / Rock Smash

Magmar.png

Akane the Magmar

Lv. 42

Flame Body

Flamethrower / Sunny Day / Smog / Fire Punch

Crobat.png

Viola the Crobat

@ Poison Barb

Lv. 42

Relaxed nature ( + Def. - Spd. )

Inner Focus

Fly / Sludge Bomb /Shadow Ball / Air cutter

Gardevoir.png

Serenity the Gardevoir

Lv. 42

Rash nature ( + Sp. Atk. - Sp. Def. )

Synchronize

Psychic / Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Double Team

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-483.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-484.png

Aerodactyl.png

Naomi the Aerodactyl

Lv. 15 ~ Lv. 17

Died to: Counter from a Wild Wobbuffet on route 112.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-479.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-480.png

When I went to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center in Lilycove, this message popped up and I was shocked. I've been playing Pokemon for over 10 years now and I've never had this happen to me before!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-485.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-486.png

I decided to go back to the Aqua HQ, but the grunts still won't let me pass. This is when I started to sweat a little because Emerald was the first or second game I ever completed, yet I couldn't seem to remember where to go next.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-489.png

The grunts mentioned something about a ferry, so I checked out this building in Lilycove but no luck here either. In the end, I had to open up my Town Map and eventually remembered that Slateport is the place I'm supposed to head back to.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-491.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-507.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-512.png

A little sigh of relief for getting it right. I actually never played through ORAS all the way because the games came out during a busy period (being a university student and all) and I haven't played the originals since 2006/2007 so my memory is definitely a bit foggy.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-485.png

Now that I'm finally on the right track, I can head back to the Aqua Hideout in search of Archie.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-513.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-517.png

I was extra careful this time and actually remembered the Admin battle!

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-518.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-519.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-520.png

Having only fully evolved Pokemon past a certain level definitely adds to the difficulty, but the team is still going strong! Unfortunately, we are too slow to catch Archie and he manages to escape.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-525.png

But there's still some more to the building to explore.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-526.png

Now this is an interesting room...

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-528.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-529.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-596.png

Aqua Hideout capture.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-530.png

The way you get the Master Ball is kind of anticlimactic now that I think about it. It doesn't feel like I've really earned it since there wasn't even a boss battle against Archie just now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-531.png

Team Aqua's leader has fled, so I left the hideout and headed towards the next route ー Which is on water once again. IGN would be so trigged by now.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-534.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-535.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-597.png

Route 124 chapter is Crawdaunt which has a horrible typing for a physical attacker, so I highly doubt she will ever be used.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-532.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-536.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-538.png

Some cute Moemon owned by trainers! I really like the traditional look on Ninetales! It fits well with the backstory of her design.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-544.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-548.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-550.png

After a few more trainers, I've safely made my way to Mossdeep City! I checked out the Space Center first to talk with Steven, but it seems like Team Magma hasn't made their move just yet.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-559.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-560.png

I felt like my team wasn't quite ready to take on the gym just yet, so I explored the water route above Mossdeep and Shoal Cave first, taking on every trainer I could find for extra EXP.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-554.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-555.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-594.png

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-562.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-563.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-595.png

Got these two encounters as well. When I saw Clefable pop up, I knew there was only one nickname I could give her. Unfortunately she doesn't have a great nature so I think I'll pass on using a Clefable for this challenge.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-566.png

The 7th gym in Hoenn has always been notorious for being tricky, being a double battle, so I decided to track back to the Magma HQ to get some extra levels on my team before attempting to take them on.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-567.png

Here we go. This was one of the trickier puzzles to solve as a child, but now that I am almost 24, I didn't have any problems with it.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-568.png

The gym trainers have level 40 Pokemon. Seems like doing the extra bit of training has been a good call. I'm suspecting my levels will be up to par with the gym leaders.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-573.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-574.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-577.png

I've made it to Tate and Liza! Having two gym leaders instead of one was really refreshing (and challenging!) so I hope we will get something similar again in the future.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-578.png

They start off with a Furret and Gorebyss, while I decided to lead with Serenity and Viola. Not a bad match-up in my favor because I can use Thunderbolt on the Gorebyss and Furret shouldn't be able to do much.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-580.png

Lucky Poison, but the Gorebyss tanks the hit and goes for an Amnesia. I don't want it setting up on me, so I'll double team on the Gorebyss next turn.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-581.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-582.png

The Gorebyss goes down but another Water type comes out.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-583.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-584.png

Critical hit Bubblebeam from Azumarill hurts way more than I thought it would. I also realized that I'm actually one level under the gym leader's ace again even with the extra training.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-585.png

Serenity can outspeed and finish off the Azumarill, but a very fitting Psychic type comes out next. My only Ghost move is on Viola, so I have to put faith in her that she can take at least one super effective hit.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-587.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-588.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-589.png

This is the closest any battle has been since I started this challenge. I used Serenity's turn to heal up Viola, but even from full a Psychic brought her all the way down to the red. Shadow Ball wasn't a one-shot, but I knew I could outspeed and finish it.

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-590.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-591.png

Seven badges done, one more to go! However, before I can go grab my last gym badge, there's still an important story arc to finish.

Until next time!

Erika the Vileplume

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 46

Chlorophyll

Giga Drain / Cut / Toxic / Sleep Powder

Milotic.png

Coral the Milotic

@ Mystic Water

Lv. 46

Marvel Scale

Miltank sprite.png

Bella the Miltank

@ Silk Scarf

Lv. 45

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Strength / Body Slam / Rock Tomb / Rock Smash

Magmar.png

Akane the Magmar

Lv. 45

Flame Body

Crobat.png

Viola the Crobat

@ Poison Barb

Lv. 45

Inner Focus

Fly / Sludge Bomb /Shadow Ball / Air cutter

Gardevoir.png

Serenity the Gardevoir

Lv. 45

Synchronize

Moemon Emerald Randomizer-592.png
Moemon Emerald Randomizer-593.png

Aerodactyl.png

Naomi the Aerodactyl

Lv. 15 ~ Lv. 17

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I must say I LOVE crobat on your team. It's just about my favorite member. I mean Milotic is a close second but that Crobat moemon design is SOLID

I always found this part of the games most dull tbh, the surfing part and the retracing. Just bugged me a bit as a kid and apparently I'm young enough to make that count :thonkazurill:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Phew! It's soon been a while, huh?

As some of you may know, I've been part of the Nuzlocke Hunger Games project which has been consuming most of my time. However, after a rather lengthy hiatus, I am finally reviving this run!

I am very sorry for the people who were enjoying this run and I hope you will pick it up again starting today!

____

After just getting our 7th gym badge last time, Team Magma is once again up to trouble.

For some reason Weezing is trending amongst Team Magma grunts in Hoenn. The Moemon design definitely makes it a fitting mon for an evil team. :P

Three against one!? How is that fair?? You actually don't get to heal or change your lead in between these battles so in a locke format, that quite tricky.

Team Magma are such sore losers omg. Their plan failed so they just go and throw a tantrum and destroy things.

Time to battle side to side to Pokemon's #01 husband material, Steven. eye emoji

This 10% level increase I added with the randomizer is really starting to catch up on me. It's only 1 level difference right now but it feels weird to be a lower level than the trainer battles. Usually I'm the type of person who grinds quite a bit and makes sure to be around 2-3 levels above the level cap.

Team Magma's really experiencing an existential crisis, huh? It's okay Maxie. We all fail at life sometimes.

Speaking of Team Aqua, we better stop them from awakening Kyogre or things are going to get SCARY.

After kind of aimlessly surfing around, I finally remembered that these Dive parts did something. I'm honestly starting to agree with IGN on this one that Hoenn really has too much water. > <

Here we go. It thankfully didn't take too long to locate the cave.

Of course there's more water.

A few puzzles later and we've reached the deepest part of the cave. As expected, Archie is trying to awaken Kyogre.

A very fitting start to a battle against someone who wants to turn the entire world into a waterpark.

His other two Moemon weren't anything impressive. I have to say, that Glalie Moemon looks more like Froslass than like Glalie. xD

When you win the battle but the Red Orb screws you over.

Well, get your umbrellas and sun screen ready guys because the weather is about to go all sorts of crazy.

And that's exactly where we are headed!

I love how the people are just standing by the edge of the water, watching. Do they have no sense of danger at all?

Also those sprites on the little body of earth and the sea look so silly and underwhelming comparing to modern day graphics.

So much confidence in a character that's supposed to be a ten year old.

You know what that means? More water routes!

I've kind of seen enough water for one update, so I'll end things here and go hit up Rayquaza next time.

See you guys then!

Erika the Vileplume

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 48

Chlorophyll

Coral the Milotic

@ Mystic Water

Lv. 47

Marvel Scale

Bella the Miltank

@ Silk Scarf

Lv. 47

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Akane the Magmar

Lv. 47

Flame Body

Viola the Crobat

@ Poison Barb

Lv. 47

Inner Focus

Fly / Sludge Bomb /Shadow Ball / Wing Attack

Serenity the Gardevoir

Lv. 47

Synchronize

Naomi the Aerodactyl

Lv. 15 ~ Lv. 17

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
We're slowly nearing the end of this challenge!

I do suffer an unfortunate loss at the beginning of Victory Road in this part, so it might take a while until I'm able to update again because I have to train up a new team member. > <

____

We left off last time with the world on the brink of destruction but don't worry ー This 10 year old is about to climb an unstable pillar and save the day.

You had one job Wallace.

If he had the key, wouldn't it have been more convenient to just go ahead and awaken Rayquaza himself?

Way to be a responsible adult, Wallace.

Thankfully I'm a strong independent woman so I can handle this. Look at Rayquaza taking his afternoon map while the world is meeting its end.

I like how you just lock eyes with it and Rayquaza immediately knows what's up.

Made a quick stop in Pacifidlog Town to pick up the TM for Return.

Back in Sootopolis, things are still not looking all too great.

But do not fear! Our Lord and Savior is here! I have to say, I couldn't help but giggle a little when the light just dropped down from the sky and Rayquaza slowly makes his entrance.

Mommy Rayquaza tells her two sons to stop fighting and the world is saved!

Why still aim for becoming a Pokemon Champion when we are already a Hero who saved the world?

Nevermind, we still need the last gym badge to be able to climb up a waterfall.

Oh no. The dreaded ice puzzles.

Actually this was surprisingly easy. Phew. I didn't have to embarrass myself and fail as a 24-year old.

This is Emerald so we have this random gym leader replacement thrown in now that Wallace has gone off to become a champion. Also am I the only one who thinks his overworld sprite looks NOTHING like him?

Juan is not playing around, throwing some POWER at us right away. We seem to be on par in terms of levels at least.

This one is quite a bit higher in level which means it must be his ace. One level different doesn't matter much when you have a 4x super effective move though.

The rest of his team didn't give us any trouble either.

It's been a while since I started this run, but finally we have all badges! Water Pulse is very underwhelming to get this late into the game though...

With all 8 badges under our belt, there's only one thing left to do!

Victory Road has some of the toughest trainers in the game, but how bad could it be?

Oh.

Soー The story behind this is a frustrating one. I used Return which did just about 50% when the Hariyama went for Belly Drum, leaving it at just 1 HP. I went for one of my weaker moves figuring anything could kill it at this point, but the trainer went for a FULL RESTORE.

I couldn't safely switch in anything on a +6 Hariyama so unfortunately, Akane had to bite the dust to give me a clean swap in...

After keeping her alive for almost 30 levels as a Magby, it stings a little to lose a mon this late into the game but I don't think there was much I could have done. > < I will be replacing her with Minerva the Houndoom but she needs a lot of training so don't expect an update for a few days.

Hopefully we can make it through the rest of the game without casualties!

Erika the Vileplume

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 50

Chlorophyll

Coral the Milotic

@ Mystic Water

Lv. 50

Marvel Scale

Bella the Miltank

@ Silk Scarf

Lv. 50

Docile nature

Thick Fat

Viola the Crobat

@ Poison Barb

Lv. 50

Inner Focus

Serenity the Gardevoir

Lv. 50

Synchronize

Naomi the Aerodactyl

Lv. 15 ~ Lv. 17

Akane the Magmar

Lv. 4 ~ Lv. 50

Died to: SmellingSalt from a +6 Hariyama in Victory Road

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Ah, poor Akane for having to suffer such a tough luck. :pensiveazurill: Let's just hope the rest will reach the league safely and take them on. :winkazurill:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SAF I was kind of excited about bringing Magmar into the Hall of Fame since I feel like it's one of those Pokemon that doesn't get much love but I suppose it wasn't meant to be. > <

____

I decided to get my Victory Road and Evergrande City encounters, hoping for a higher level fire type to replace the fallen Akane.

Larvitar has an Adamant nature so I thought about adding her, but all dark moves are special in this generation and the slow level up curve eventually made me change my mind.

Eventually I settled on Minerva the Houndoom which gives me two new typings and a speedy mixed attacking fire type. (Although I'll mostly be using special moves since those are STAB)

Rather than going back to some earlier areas to grind, I decided to just put on the EXP. Share for now and clear out the Victory Road with my remaining five team members.

Admittedly, I kind of forgot the rival battle happens at the very beginning of Victory Road rather than the end.

Judging by these levels, we're gonna have to do quite a bit of training to take on the E4.

That's one big battle over with.

This Gengar gave me a major headache because it could outspeed everything on my team and kept on spamming Confuse Ray and getting lucky with the hax. > <

Not today Satan. Too many Belly Drumming Hariyama in this place. ;;

That cute Delibird girl cleanses my soul and makes those earlier battles less frustrating. Too bad Delibird is horrible in battle.

After a few more tough battles, I eventually made it out of Victory Road without suffering any more casualties.

Time to stock up on some items.

Now that we got through Victory Road and can fly straight to the entrance of the E4, I can finally get rid of Strength on Bella and replace it with Earthquake.

Double Team was kind of useless up till this point, so I decided to replace it with Reflect in case we come across a very strong physical attacker.

This part was quite short, but I would rather do the entire E4 + Champion in one post, so I will end things off here.

Erika the Vileplume

@ Miracle Seed

Lv. 58

Chlorophyll

181 l
104 l 115 l 168 l 140 l 88

Coral the Milotic

@ Mystic Water

Lv. 58

Marvel Scale

208 l 103 l 96 l 151 l 164 l 116

Surf / Ice Beam / Waterfall / Twister

Bella the Miltank

@ Silk Scarf

Lv. 58

Docile nature

Thick Fat

195 l 126 l 152 l 63 l 119 l 147

Earthquake / Body Slam / Rock Tomb / Rock Smash

Viola the Crobat

@ Poison Barb

Lv. 58

Inner Focus

188 l 140 l 122 l 103 l 126 l 153

Serenity the Gardevoir

Lv. 58

Synchronize

179 l 107 l 90 l 191 l 143 l 118

Psychic / Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Reflect

Minerva the Houndoom

Lv. 58

Flash Fire

168 l 168 l 72 l 146 l 115 l 123

Howl / Flamethrower / Roar / Faint Attack

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1

First up is Sydney who usually has Dark types but we really don't know what he will send out here.

That definitely isn't a Dark type, but it isn't the worst match-up either. Milotic is very bulky so I decided to lead with it for these Elite Four matches.

Look at Sydney using those competitive strats and putting up entry hazards.

So far, so good! He's looking more like a bug Elite Four now.

Dodrio could be a little scary because of its high attack, but I should outspeed it being five levels higher.

Two more down, one left to go. Hopefully the last Pokemon won't be anything too threatening.

That's very anti-climatic.

Victory is ours, but it'll only get harder from here on out. I have a feeling levels will slowly catch up on us.

Phoebe is up next! Usually she is quite annoying with her Pressure stalling bulky Dusclops, but hopefully we won't have to deal with that this time.

Another Dustox, huh? These sure are popular amongst the Elite Four.

Dustox did manage to set up a Light Screen on the switch so I'll have to be mindful of that. Especially since almost my whole team consists of special attackers.

I forgot to take a screenshot of the fainting screen but even with the Light Screen up, Camerupt went down to one Surf. Those 4x weaknesses really hurt.

Fearow tanked one Ice Beam due to the Light Screen but the second did the trick.

...And then this thing came out. It has zero offensive pressure but I also couldn't take it down with Bella because Moonlight kept on recovering its HP.

Time for plan B.

Toxic stalling an Umbreon, how ironic.

Her last Pokemon is weak to Erika's Giga Drain so that's another win for us!

Glacia is another threat in a regular Nuzlocke because she has a one hit KO move on her team and that's not fun.

What's this? An Elite Four with a Pokemon of the right type? Ice types aren't even that common so this was a fun coincidence.

Glacia's team is not looking that powerful so far.

I probably shouldn't have said that...We're now on par in levels as well.

Oh come on! I know Ice Beam can OHKO it.

One Fly did half to Coral which is honestly a little scary. Thankfully Ice Beam is 4x super effective.

Almost there! Just one Elite Member left.

Hopefully we won't have to face another Salamence here because that damage from earlier is concerning. Since I was on par with Glacia, I'm probably going to be a little underleveled against Sydney.

That's a good start, a Pokemon with a water weakness against my water type.

After a lead Forretress with Spikes earlier, we now have a Resttalk Exploud. I thought Rest was quite clever just to get rid of the para hax from Body Slam but my mind was blown when I saw Sleep Talk. Who would have thought a randomized Pokemon would actually get a decent moveset like that?

It took a while but we eventually took it down. It missed a Hyper Beam but I didn't want to risk swapping to one of my frailer Pokemon and getting hit by such a powerful STAB attack.

The rest of his team didn't cause any problems, thankfully.

With all Elite Four members defeated, only one battle remains...

Steven is easily one of my favorite male Pokemon characters so I'm a little upset they replaced him in Pokemon Emerald. However, I do think Wallace looks better here than whatever weird design they gave him in ORAS...

He actually starts off with a water type, how fitting. Also that lv. 63 is not a good sign of what is to come.

Ice Fang does not exist yet in this generation so I can safely swap out to Erika. That's the one thing which makes randomizers easier, they have their natural move sets while otherwise boss battles might have a few TM moves on there for coverage.

Weezing seriously showed up so much in the late game parts. Especially on Team Aqua and Magma's teams but Wallace has one as well.

Ludicolo is always part of his team so that was funny. Unfortunately for him, he gets no good moves on it so Viola had no problem dealing with it.

Another water type, huh? They are the most common type alongside Normal so I shouldn't be too surprised.

His last Pokemon is not a ground type, but it is weak to Grass. I found it very fitting to be able to defeat Wallace's last Pokemon with my starter Erika. While Vileplume might not be the strongest Pokemon out there, she definitely proved herself.

I sure did! I was a little nervous for these final battles because of the level gap, but I did get fairly lucky with the randomized Pokemon.

Now it's time for my favorite part of the game, the Hall of Fame! I really love the old way in which they did it with all the Pokemon on one screen, rather than nowadays where it kind of rotates around and you never have a complete picture with your whole team.

Coral is up first, one of the best bulky water types to get and definitely one of the powerhouses of my team. Although one of her move slots had to get wasted on Waterfall to get to the E4, she was still extremely useful with Surf and Ice Beam.

Serenity is up next! I remember screaming when she popped up on the route West to Mauville. Gardevoir is one of my favorite Pokemon and the Moemon design just fits her so well. She only had two attacking moves in Psychic and Thunderbolt but that's really all she needed because a STAB move coming from such a high special attack stat is gonna hurt things pretty hard.

Viola joined the team only later on in the game but I don't regret switching out my Skarmory and training her all the way up to be on par with the rest of the team. Crobat is one of my favorite Pokemon as it is and this Moemon design is simply adorable. Crobat is also one of the few Pokemon that benefits from the lack of a special/physical split because it can run moves such as Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball.

Bella has been part of the team from the very beginning and while she isn't the strongest member of the team, I still enjoyed using her a lot. Miltank is well known to be a monster on Whitney's team and I would definitely recommend everyone to try using one on their teams as well.

Erika is the longest standing member of the team being my starter. She started all the way as a little Oddish and while it took a while to be able to fully evolve her, she made it all the way and was very useful both for utility and offense. Thank you to everyone who voted for her on the starter poll!

Last but not least is Minerva, who only joined the team very recently after an unfortunate loss in Victory Road. I didn't really get a chance to really grow attached to her, but she did come in useful a couple of times against some of the Elite Four's Pokemon! Hopefully I can use a Houndoom again somewhere in the future and carry it with me for a longer period of time to really discover its strength.

That's all six of them, registered as winners in the Hall of Fame!

Thank you to everyone who followed this run ー Either from the beginning or after it came back from a hiatus. This is my second completed challenge run on the forums and I definitely had a blast with it! Randomizing added a fun element to an otherwise familiar game and the Moemon sprites were just cuteness overdose.

I only had two deaths in general so I think I can be pretty proud of that achievement, especially with the increased levels to up the difficulty.

My next run will be a Soul Silver Scramble Nuzlocke so keep an eye out for that! I should have the first part up either tomorrow or the day after that!

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
God you move quick from one challenge to another @.@ this was really a cool challenge to follow along!! Good job finishing it and good luck with your next one

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Congratulations on beating this challenge! You did a great job showcasing the Moemon mod too, so I really enjoyed reading along!
Looking forward to your next challenge!