Scramble [Complete] Kaori's Pokemon Fire Red Nuzlocke Scramble

Who deserves to be the MVP of this challenge?

• Venusaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clefable

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Arcanine

• Snorlax

• Poliwrath

• Electabuzz

• Total voters

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@sanianisa I've always loved Normal types. They are definitely underrated!

@SkylarAlpha Yeah. > < It's really frustrating when the AI uses Hax to make the battle longer than it should be.

Part 15 ー Clean Sweep { VS. Lance }

The final member of the Elite Four uses the powerful Dragon types. I got the Ice Beam TM from the Game Corner especially for this battle. Hopefully it will come in useful.

First up is Gyarados, who is not actually a Dragon type. Electabuzz has taken down many of these before during the rival battles against Green and this one is no exception.

Dragonair is next so I take this opportunity to swap out to Clefable. It goes for Dragon Rage which does a set amount of damage, so I decide to take a risk and set up a couple of Calm Minds. Lance eventually goes for Outrage but I can stall it out while healing and wait for Dragonair to get confused.

Once at +3, I start going for Ice Beam which totally destroys the opponent.

We surprisingly enough outspeed and the second Dragonair suffers the same fate.

Dragonite is in for a rough time with his 4x weakness against ice, about to take a +3 Ice Beam from Clefable. I wasn't surprised by the 1-hit KO, but what did surprise me is that Clefable once again outspeed.

How did my 60 base speed pink blob manage to be faster than a dragon? Clefable is secretly trying to be the next Sonic.

We did not outspeed this time, but Clefable takes the Wing Attack like a boss and lands another OHKO with Ice Beam.

Overall difficulty: 1/5

Definitely the easiest E4 battle so far. Clefable may not have the highest base stats, but its movepool is so good and I think she really proved herself as a great member of the team.

A big applause for her please!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@sanianisa It wasn't a complete solo because of the Gyarados but close enough. Dragonite is far superior when you look at base stats, so I am proud of Anise for pulling through!

Part 16 ー The Final Countdown { VS. Champion Green }

We have come far but there is one last challenge awaiting us until this Nuzlocke is truly complete. Just beating the Elite Four is not enough, because my rival Green has done so before me and is now holding the title of Champion.

But he won't be for long.

Any Flying is a push over with the mighty power of Electabuzz' Thunderbolt on my side. Green's Pidgeot is no exception as it goes down in one hit after getting off a measly Quick Attack.

Poor Poliwrath has not gotten very many chances to shine yet due to poor type match-ups, but I do trust him to take down this Rhydon with a 4x super effective Surf!

We are on a 1-hit KO rollercoaster as even Green's ace, his Charizard, goes down in one hit to Snorlax' Rock Slide. (Despite being 6 levels above me)

Alakazam is up next so I can stay in with Snorlax. My initial plan was to go for a Shadow Ball here, but after seeing Gengar take one earlier, I switched it up and went for Return instead. Another OHKO.

Unfortunately, our OHKO streak gets broken here as Arcanine just barely misses the KO on the Exeggutor with Flamethrower. Must be that Adamant nature which has come back to bite me at the very last second.

The AI actually played it smart here and swapped to Gyarados rather than healing up. It works out in my favor since I had gone for Extremespeed this time rather than another Flamethrower.

I got off a little bit of chip damage with Extremespeed, but nowhere near enough for a 2-hit KO and I do not feel comfortable staying in with Arcanine at all. The problem here is that I was also scared of going to Electabuzz and possibly taking a strong Hydro Pump or even worse, a Thrash. Electabuzz is fast and hits hard, but his defenses aren't the best.

Instead I decide to let Venusaur handle this. It only seemed fair to give my starter some spotlight during the final match.

Hydro Pump ends up missing which kind of makes me regret my switch, but I decide to set up a Leech Seed and a Toxic and simply stall out the opponent while also hitting it with a couple of Razor Leafs. Before long, Gyarados goes down.

Exeggutor makes it return and so does Arcanine, who can safely finish the job now with another Flamethrower + Extremespeed combo after Green used a Full Restore.

And with that, we have officially beaten our rival and claimed the title of Indigo League Champion!

Oak shows up to roast his grandson before taking us to register everyone in the Hall of Flame.

Rosemary, Anise, Chili, Liquorice, Peppermint and Mustard.

Congratulations.

You are all champions.

Hall of fame.png

-- THE END --

While my original plan was to do the remaining of the Sevii Islands and the E4 rematches, I felt like this was just a really nice way to end it. I might do those things, but it will just be for fun and without the risk of losing anyone. I hope that doesn't disappoint you guys too much. ;;

However!

I do have one last request for you all. I would like you to 'vote' below as to who you think deserves to be called the MVP of this challenge. I would set up a poll but I think you can only do that when you initially make the thread? So please just leave a comment instead!

EDIT: I found how to add a poll so you can go vote there instead!

This information might or might not be used for a future project~

With that, I'm signing off.

Thank you all so much for the feedback, support and lovely comments!

Also for those who have yet to do so, go check out my ongoing Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke! (Link in signature)

Bye!

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Oops, my bad, I forgot that Mustard the Electabuzz did his thing back at Lance's battle. I'm sorry, Mustard. :ohnoazurill:

Speaking of MVP, I'd say that Anise the normie Clefable deserves it. Why "normie"? Because fairy type isn't a thing in FRLG. And that aside, I think you can make a poll in the already-existed thread.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Oops, my bad, I forgot that Mustard the Electabuzz did his thing back at Lance's battle. I'm sorry, Mustard. :ohnoazurill:

Speaking of MVP, I'd say that Anise the normie Clefable deserves it. Why "normie"? Because fairy type isn't a thing in FRLG. And that aside, I think you can make a poll in the already-existed thread.
You're right! I found how to do it now. Sorry for the confusion!

I've added the poll so you can add your vote there. ^^

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Congratulations! I think Anise deserves the title of MVP, as she has proven herself extremely versatile against a lot of opponents! Still, I'm also glad to see the Arcanine I recommended get some time in the spotlight and do so well in this challenge, as Chili was initially supposed to only be a reserve :D

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Very well played! That final battle sure wasn't tough for you, huh? And yeah, I think I'll echo what most have said and take the Clefable for MVP. Those things always have so much they can do, and you certainly made this look easy alright! I look forward to more from your Emerald adventure. :happyazurill:

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Yeah, I noticed Agatha's Gengars seemed surprisingly bulky. To be fair, a non-STAB Shadow Ball isn't the most powerful attack, but I do wonder if she has them defensively EVed or something.

I'm also very relieved you breezed past Haunter. That thing has Mean Look and Curse (and Hypnosis again) so I thought there was a very real chance it'd take someone out. Although you're using items freely which makes a big difference.

No trouble with Lance, that Clefable with Calm Mind was such a beast.