Sword/Shield Confused about EV Training (PokeJobs)

AretMaw

New Trainer
Hi, I'm really confused about how the EV training works in this game. Here's what happened.

I have a Mawile, level 1, bred from an egg. It's attack IVs are best, perfect.

I've put it into the PokeJobs Attack training seminar, 3 times for a whole day. Each time it has gotten +96 EVs in the Attack stat. But that doesn't make any sense because can't you only put a maximum of 252 EVs into one stat? Why did it go +96, +96 then +96 again, that's over 252, it doesn't make sense.

If someone can please help me with figuring this out that would be great, I'm trying to train up my team properly, but it's hard when I can't see how full the EV's are like in the old Super Training.

Thanks ^^

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I'd guess that during the last training, the Pokemon just got 60 EVs, bringing the total to 252. That's the maximum possible, so it definitely didn't go higher than that. It's probably just an oversight that it said +96, since that's what the job gives.

As a general note, you should be able to press X when looking at a Pokemon's stats to check the EVs, like this:

AretMaw

New Trainer
@seaturtle oh my gosh thankyou so much for the quick reply, you've really helped me alot! I had no idea about pressing X there haha, I don't think the same really teaches you that. I'm assuming if it's a dark orange colour then the EV is maxed?

Edit: NVM I just noticed the sparkles, that must mean it's perfect. Thanks for your help!