Nuzlocke Monotype CONNORmn’s Ultimate Monolocke Challange!

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Hi everyone! I just joined today and this is my first post! I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now, so I figured I may as well give it a try and document it while I’m at it. Here’s how it works if you’ve never heard of the Ultimate Monolocke Challenge. You pick one type. Then you do a monotype nuzlocke run on 1 game from each generation using that type. The main difference with this from the normal nuzlocke rules is the catch rule. Since you are using only one type, instead of the first encounter per route, you can only catch your type(other than hm slaves). Below are the exact rules. I will be doing the FLYING type!
Rules:
  1. Can only use one type of Pokémon(dual types allowed)
  2. Once a Pokémon faints it is dead and must be boxed in the death box.
  3. Must nickname Pokémon
  4. Cannot recapture a duplicate of an already captured Pokémon.(to prevent re-using Pokémon if first one dies)
  5. Hm slaves allowed
Additional rules to increase challenge
  1. Must play on Set Mode
  2. Level Cap: within 5 levels of gym leaders highest Pokémon

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Let’s start with Pokémon Blue!

1st Pokemon is Ace the charmander! (Allowed because it eventually evolves into part flying type) I’ll post when I get my next team member🤘

Another team member has joined us! It’s Dusty the Caterpie.

Team so far in Viridian Forest
Ace-lvl 7
Dusty-lvl 5

Time to grind

Down goes Brock! Dusty(now a butterfree) took him down solo.

Current team
Ace-lvl 13
Dusty-lvl 13

Two new team members!
Drogon the Magikarp
Dracule the Zubat

Update:
Got through Mt Moon with no deaths
Current team:
Ace(charmeleon) lvl 17
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 17
Dracule(zubat) lvl 14
Drogon(magikarp) lvl 6

Update:
Defeated Misty(that starmie is a nightmare)
Ace(charmeleon) lvl 20
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 20
Dracule(Golbat) lvl 22
Drogon(Magikarp) lvl 7

Update:
Defeated Lt Surge(Ace with dig was a must have)
Ace(charmeleon) lvl 27
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 24
Dracule(Golbat) lvl 24
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 20

Update:
Defeated Erica
Spent life savings on a Dratini, named Pseudo
Ace(charmeleon) lvl 32
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 30
Dracule(golbat) lvl 29
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 31
Pseudo(dratini) lvl 24

Update:
We have added Dre to doduo to our team. Gonna grind up before koga.
Ace(charizard) lvl 36
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 33
Dracule(Golbat) lvl 32
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 33
Pseudo(dragonair) lvl 33
Dre(doduo) lvl 26

Update:
Defeated Giovani at Silph Co then beat koga. Next up Sabrina. Might have to grind a bit for her alakazam so I don’t get swept.
Ace(charizard) lvl 40
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 38
Dracule(golbat) lvl 37
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 39
Pseudo(dragonair) lvl 37
Dre(dodrio) lvl 38

Update:
Defeated Sabrina. Set up swords dance with Ace and EQ’d her whole team.
Ace(charizard) lvl 41
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 38
Dracule(Golbat) lvl 37
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 39
Pseudo(dragonair) lvl 37
Dre(dodrio) lvl 38

Update:
Defeated Blaine. Easy with Drogon’s surf.
Ace(charizard) lvl 43
Dusty(butterfree) lvl 41
Dracule(Golbat) lvl 40
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 43
Pseudo(dragonair) lvl 41
Dre(dodrio) lvl 40

Update:
Defeated Giovani in Viridian. Again, swept with Drogon’s surf.
Same levels as before

Final update for Blue:
Wow. That was a near disaster from the start. Lorelei almost demolished me. Lapras took down Pseudo and Dre landing a crit blizzard on both. Barely got through her. Bruno went down easy as did Agatha. Lances Gyarados took down Dusty and Dracule. Then I swept with Drogon’s Ice beam. Went into the final battle with only Drogon and Ace. Ace got hit with a hydro pump from blastoise. Drogon finished the job with a few strengths. Completed the challenge with only Drogon left! Here is all the final move sets of the team.

Drogon MVP:
Surf
Strength
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

Ace:
Flamethrower
Swords Dance
Slash
Earthquake

Dusty:
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Supersonic
Mega Drain

Dracule:
Bite
Leech Life
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray

Dre:
Drill Peck
Tri Attack
Toxic
Fly

Pseudo:
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Body Slam
Surf

Now it’s on to Gold Version!

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Flying type, huh? You might want to have :pidgey: or :spearow: while you're at it. :winkazurill:
Also, did you just solo Brock with a :butterfree:? Wow. Just, wow. :surprisedazurill:

And as a side point, is it even allowed to double-post here in the forums? :thonkazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Hi there, CONNORmn! Per the rules of our playthroughs subforum, please make sure you wait 24 hours to make a new post in your challenge if no one else has replied! I have merged your posts this time, but in the future if you'd like to add something before then, use the edit button to add it to your previous update.

Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy your challenge!

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Flying type, huh? You might want to have :pidgey: or :spearow: while you're at it. :winkazurill:
Also, did you just solo Brock with a :butterfree:? Wow. Just, wow. :surprisedazurill:

And as a side point, is it even allowed to double-post here in the forums? :thonkazurill:
Haha yea I did! Made sure to get butterfree to 12 so it could learn confusion. Luckily in gen 1 geodude and onyx don’t know any rock type moves yet lol. Sorry for the double post I’m new here haha.

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Hi there, CONNORmn! Per the rules of our playthroughs subforum, please make sure you wait 24 hours to make a new post in your challenge if no one else has replied! I have merged your posts this time, but in the future if you'd like to add something before then, use the edit button to add it to your previous update.

Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy your challenge!
Sorry about that! Thanks for the heads up. Now I know!

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
I will be doing heartgold instead of gold to run through johto. It seems more diverse looking at the flying Pokémon available. Here is the team I plan on using:
Fearow
Crobat
Gyarados
Scyther
Jumpluff
Gliscor

I’ll be starting here soon so updates to follow✌

Update:
Caught Beaka the Spearow and Vampi the zubat. Grinding up in sprout tower then may do additional grinding before Falkner
Beaka(spearow) lvl 12
Vampi(zubat) lvl 9

Update:
Beat Falkner. Pidgeotto was a bit harder than I remembered. Added Petal the Hoppip to the team. Got through slowpoke well and going to grind the team up a bit before Bugsy.
Beaka(spearow) lvl 17
Vampi(zubat) lvl 14
Petal(hoppip) lvl 14

Update:
Beat Bugsy with Beaka. Aerial Ace was clutch here. Up next is Whitney the Destoyer.
Beaka(spearow) lvl 19
Vampi(zubat) lvl 15
Petal(hoppip) lvl 15

Update:
Beat Whitney. Luckily miltank never went rollout. Added Blade the scyther yo the team.
Beaka(fearow) lvl 22
Vampi(Golbat) lvl 22
Petal(skiploom) lvl 20
Blade(scyther) lvl 19

Update:
Defeated Morty. Got trapped on Gengar with Petal(jumpluff), so had to stall with leech seed and bullet seed. Almost took me down with those shadow balls.
Beaka(fearow) lvl 27
Vampi(crobat) lvl 27
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 27
Blade(scyther) lvl 27
Gonna go get the red gyarados and then take on chuck and jasmine.

Update:
Added a new member to the team. Drogon the Gyarados. Picked up the red gyarados and went through the rocket hideout in mahogany. Then proceeded to defeat chuck and jasmine. Chuck was easy. Vampi swept himself. Jasmine was harder. I leech seed stalled the magnemites with Petal, then Drogon took care of Steelix with Surf. Heading to the safari area next to level up the team a bit.
Beaka(fearow) lvl 30
Vampi(crobat) lvl 32
Petal( skiploom) lvl 30
Blade(scyther) lvl 31
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 32

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Also, side note: when playing on set mode, moves like u-turn are super nice to have. I taught it to scyther and I’ve used it quite a lot in this run of heartgold.

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update:
Defeated Pryce. Clean sweep with Drogon. Off to deal with team rocket in goldenrod.
Beaka(Fearow) lvl 31
Vampi(crobat) lvl 32
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 31
Blade(scyther) lvl 32
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 32

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update:
Added a new team member. Venom the gligar. Then grinded a bit but got lazy and challenged Clair underleveled. I had a full team of lvl 37-38. DEATH ALERT!! Beaka went down to a crit dragon pulse from Kingdra. Honestly I barely got by this thing. Stalled with leach seed and still barely won. Sad to have the first death of the series. Going to replace Beaka with Eggz(Togetic).

Update:
DEATH ALERT!!! Vampi goes down to the first trainer in Dragon’s Den. Dragonair landed a Crit Thunder and took him down in one hit. Tough loss. Got that E Speed Dratini named Draco to replace Vampi.

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update:
All grinded up and ready for the elite 4. To be honest I am still underleveled but I wanna get thru the elite 4. I’m not patient enough lol. Here’s the team with movesets. I’ll update this post with each member I defeat.
Blade(scyther) lvl 45
Wing attack
U turn
X scissor
Night slash

Eggz(togetic) lvl 42
Shadow ball
Extrasensory
Ancient power
Flash

Drogon(gyarados) lvl 45
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Bite
Ice Fang

Venom(gligar) lvl 42
Swords Dance
U turn
Earthquake
Rock Tomb

Petal(jumpluff) lvl 45
Leach Seed
Poison Powder
U Turn
Giga Drain

Draco(dratini) lvl 21
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Extreme Speed
Thunder Wave

Update:
Defeated Will. Mostly just used Blade and X scissor and Nigh Slash took care of everything.

Defeated Koga. Set up dragon dance with Drogon and swept. I didn’t wanna take any chances on Forretress exploding on me.

Defeated Bruno. Set up Swords Dance on Venom and 1 shot his whole team with EQ.

Defeated Karen. Took down umbreon with leech seed and poison powder from Petal. Hard swapped away from murkrow into Drogon to get the intimidate off and set up 2 dragon dances. Swept the rest. Murkrow to waterfall, houndoom to waterfall,
Vileplume to ice fang, gengar to bite.

Defeated Lance. Set up full Dragon Dance with Drogon and wrecked Lance. I will be moving on to Kanto and ultimately train up to defeat Red. Will update with each gym defeated as usual.

Last edited:

bigglyboof

a boof who's a little biggly
AKA
biggly or boof
Congratulations on conquering Johto and the Elite Four!! The run's been really cool so far. I'm especially fond of your inclusion of Jumpluff since I have a soft spot for that Pokemon! ^^ Are there any battles in Kanto that you're nervous about?

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Congrats for finishing HG's Johto arc. Wonder what's in store for Kanto arc, hmm? :hmmazurill:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Congratulations on conquering Johto and the Elite Four!! The run's been really cool so far. I'm especially fond of your inclusion of Jumpluff since I have a soft spot for that Pokemon! ^^ Are there any battles in Kanto that you're nervous about?
Thanks so much! Jumpluff is awesome lol. Love me some leach seed/poison powder combo to sap away opponents HP. I’m mostly just worried about Red. I think I can navigate all the leaders. Blue may be tough as well due to the mixed team and playing on Set Mode. Thanks for the support!

Congrats for finishing HG's Johto arc. Wonder what's in store for Kanto arc, hmm? :hmmazurill:
Thanks! Gonna definitely have to do some grinding lol

Update:
Defeated Lt Surge. Grinded up a fair bit before the battle. Set up a Swords Dance with Venom and EQ’d all his Pokémon. I’m thinking I’m going to eventually get 48 BP at the frontier so I can get a razor fang to evolve Venom. Also, I got 3000 points at the pokeathlon dome to get a shiny stone for Eggz. Took a while to say the least lol.
Venom(gligar) lvl 51
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 47
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 50
Blade(scyther) lvl 47
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 50
Draco(dragonair) lvl 31

Update:
Defeated Erica. I figured Surge, Erica, and Janine would be the 3 easiest for my team. So I will be doing Janine next. Misty and Sabrina I’m a bit more worried about.
Venom(gligar) lvl 51
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 49
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 50
Blade(scyther) lvl 49
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 50
Draco(dragonair) lvl 34

Update:
DEATH ALERT!!! Wow. Just wow. I switched in Blade(scyther) on a Tangela ready to one shot with wing attack(Blade had technician by the way) and tangela went for ancient power. Not only 4x effective but of course also was a crit. Welp. Down to 5 Pokémon for the rest of this. Was planning on sweeping Sabrina with Blade. Have to come up with new strategy.

Update:
Defeated Janine. Eggz swept her with Psychic and Air Slash. Went and got 48 BP for the razor fang and evolved Venom into Gliscor. Then went and deafeated Misty. Dragon Danced to the Max with Drogon and swept through. Sabrina is up next.
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 53
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 54
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 50
Venom(gliscor) lvl 52
Draco(dragonair) lvl 34

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Hey @CONNORmn! I noticed you posted a couple times in a row, so I've gone ahead and merged the posts for you. In the future, please don't post twice (or more) in a row without waiting 24 hours first. If you need to add content to a recent post, you can use the edit button instead. Thanks!

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update:
Defeated Sabrina. Dragon Danced with Drogon one time them swept with Bite(gave blackglasses to power it up a bit)
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 54
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 50
Venom(gliscor) lvl 52
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 54
Draco(dragonair) lvl 35

Update:
Defeated Brock. Swept him with Petal with Giga Drain.
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 51
Venom(gliscor) lvl 52
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 54
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 54
Draco(dragonair) lvl 38

Update:
Defeated Blaine. Venom swept with EQ. Gonna go grind up before Blue.
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 54
Venom(gliscor) lvl 55
Eggz(togekiss) lvl 54
Drogon(gyarados) lvl 55
Draco(dragonair) lvl 44

Update:
Defeated Blue. YIKES!!! This is the one I was worried about. Barely got by alive. So I trained up the whole team to 56, including getting Draco to a Dragonite. Here’s how the battle went. Started off with Venom. Took down exxegutor with U Turn. Went into Petal. He goes into Gyarados. I predict an Ice Fang so I switch to Drogon, my own gyarados. Mistake. He dragon dances. Now to have a chance I need to dragon dance as well. He DD’s again, as do I. I can’t let him set up more. I go for bite and put him around half and flinch him. I’m thinking one more will do it. I get a low roll and he survives. DEATH ALERT!!! He uses Return and kills Drogon. I go into Draco, thinking he will heal. Draco knows Thunderpunch, so I know it would one shot after he heals. Welp, not so fast. DEATH ALERT!!! He decides not to heal. Goes for ice fang and one shots Draco. I go into Eggz, at this point thinking the run is over and I’m about to get swept. But the quick claw activated and Eggz goes first and gets the kill!!! Rhydon comes in and gets one shotted by a crit Aura Sphere. Clutch! Machamp comes in and I get off an air slash, taking down most of his health. DEATH ALERT!!! Machamp lands a crit stone edge and one shots Eggz. Karma. At this point I have to go for a sweep of the rest. Machamp can’t do much to Venom. So I send in Venom and swords Dance to max attack and heal as I go. I EQ and kill machamp. Arcanine comes in. I shockingly outspeed and even after it’s intimidate drop I one shot with EQ. Final Pokémon Pidgeot comes in. I hit with aerial ace. Does 3/4. It whirlwinds me out! All those attack boosts are lost! And out comes petal. I need petal to live one hit and get off a leach seed. He gets the job done!!! I get off the leach seed and live his air slash. I u turn back into Venom and take turns aerial acing and healing until finally pidgeot goes down!

Remaining Team:
Venom(gliscor) lvl 57
Petal(jumpluff) lvl 56

I vow to beat Red with only these two. I’m going to grind my butt off and get around lvl 80 with each. I’ll come up with the best strats and do my best to get it done with these two. I am knocked down but not out yet!! Wish me luck! I’ll need it!

Update:
Ok guys so here’s the plan. I think my only shot is to completely set up with Gliscor against Pikachu. I will use x defends to tank his iron tails, x speed to outspeed everything, and max out swords dance. Then I plan to sweep his whole team with Gliscor. His moveset is Swords Dance to set up, EQ for pikachu, snorlax, blastoise, and lapras. Aerial Ace for Venusaur, and rock slide for charizard. My main concerns are lapras or blastoise surving an EQ and rock slide missing charizard. If any of that happens I probably lose. Gonna grind up Gliscor to 70(because I’m too lazy to keep going any further lol). I still have Petal as well, but I think my only shot is a full set up and sweep with Gliscor. I will update after attempting Red to let you know if I’ve beaten the second game, or failed at the very end.

Final Update for Heartgold:
Well the strategy worked perfectly! Swept Red with only lvl 71 Gliscor! Against pikachu I used a bunch of x defends to tank it’s hits as I set up x speeds and swords danced to the max. I then killed pikachu with EQ, Lapras with EQ, Blastoise with EQ, Snorlax with EQ, Venusaur with Aerial Ace, and thankfully hit charizard with Rock Slide. Thank god I picked Heartgold instead of soulsilver. I couldn’t have done it all without Gliscor. I will be doing some research for my next run on Hoenn. Not sure if I’m doing gen 3 or 6 on that yet. Ill post on here when I get started!!

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Ok so I’ve decided to play Ruby. Since I’m going to play Gen 6 again for X/Y I wanted to get a Gen 3 game in. I’ve gotten a lot done so far. I caught a wingull named Gulliver, a tailow named Robbin, and a nincada named Sting. I defeated Roxanne. This was one of the battles I was worried about. However, I came up with a strategy. I one shot geodude with Gullivers water gun. Hard swapped to Sting when she sent in nosepass. He ate a rock tomb. Proceeded to harden and maxed my defense. Then sand attacked so he wasn’t landing hits. Then it was a long battle of barely doing damage with scratch and leach life. But grinded it out and got the win. Went on the defeat Brawly easily with Gulliver and Robbin. Evolved Robbin to Swellow. Now here was the main worry of the whole playthrough. Wattson. The only chance I had was to purposely not evolve Sting to take advantage of his ground type. I sent him out first, set up hardens and then sand attacked and slowly took down all 3 of his Pokémon. I then let him evolve after the battle.
Gulliver(wingull) lvl 23
Robbin(swellow) lvl 23
Sting(ninjask) lvl 23

Update:
Defeated Flannery. Also added Ironhawk the Skarmory to the team. Gulliver swept with water gun. On to Norman.
Gulliver(pelliper) lvl 31
Ironhawk(skarmory) lvl 26
Robbin(swellow) lvl 25
Sting(ninjask) lvl 25

Update:
Defeated Norman. This was another battle I was worried about. Slaking packs a punch. I set up with skarmory 1 agility to outspeed then used double team a few times to up evasion. From there I just used Air Cutter for his whole team. Got quite a few crits. Luckily skarmory is such a physical wall he could tank all their hits.
Ironhawk(skarmory) lvl 31
Gulliver(pelliper) lvl 31
Sting(ninjask) lvl 27
Robbin(swellow) lvl 27

Update:
Defeated Winona. Swept with Gulliver. He was the perfect Pokémon to use. His moveset is surf/ice beam/shock wave/wing attack. Also added Tiny the Tropius to the team.
Gulliver(pelliper) lvl 36
Sting(ninjask) lvl 33
Robbin(swellow) lvl 33
Ironhawk(skarmory) lvl 34
Tiny(tropius) lvl 32

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update: DEATH ALERT!!! While surfing around training up for Liza and Tate, I was battling a machoke. Robbin was in and went for wing attack. Machoke survived and went for revenge. Got a crit and one shot Robbin. Welp. That’s unfortunate. Gonna rock with the other 4 for now and get a bacon after I get waterfall. Went and defeated Liza and Tate. Ironhawk and Gulliver took care of them quickly.
Ironhawk(skarmory) lvl 42
Gulliver(pelliper) lvl 41
Sting(ninjask) lvl 39
Tiny(tropius) lvl 40

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
Update:
Defeated Wallace. Set up max attack with swords Dance on Sting plus the speed boosts and one shot everything with aerial Ace. Went and caught a Bagon named Jet. Going to grind and go thru victory road. Will give an update on full team with movesets as well before attempting elite 4.
Sting(Ninjask) lvl 46
Gulliver(pelliper) lvl 45
Tiny(tropius) lvl 46
Ironhawk(skarmory) lvl 45
Jet(bagon) lvl 35

Update:
Got the whole team grinded up to 60 before attempting the elite 4. About to attempt it now. Here is the full team all at lvl 60 with movesets:
Jet(salamence)
Fly/brick break/flamethrower/dragon claw

Tiny(tropius)
Fly/giga drain/body slam/earthquake

Gulliver(pelliper)
Wing attack/surf/ice beam/shock wave

Sting(ninjask)
Aerial Ace/shadow ball/swords Dance/baton pass

Ironhawk(skarmory)
Air cutter/steel wing/double team/toxic

Update:
Swept Sidney with Jet. Aerial Ace and flamethrower took down everything.

Took down Phoebe. Used Sting to shadow ball the first couple then switched to Ironhawk after being cursed. He walked her team and took down each of the rest. This next battle has me worried. Going to set up double teams with Ironhawk and try to steel wing myself through her.

The strategy worked! Double teamed 6 times and then toxic/steel wing on the rest of her Pokémon. Onto Drake. He worries me a bit. Have to scout his team and come up with a good strategy.

Took down Drake. No strategy necessary. Swept with Gullivers ice beam. Was worried salamence would live it but it took him down. Onto the final battle of our third challenge. Steven.

I lead with Jet to flamethrower Skarmory. Skarmory lives and lays a layer of spikes. Not a great start. Thought I would one shot him. He heals but I use two more flamethrowers to take him down. He sends in claydol. I go for dragon claw. Does around half. He puts up a reflect. I switch to ironhawk and put toxic on claydol. Claydol eventually goes down. He send in Aggron. I hard swap to Tiny and heal up my party as he can only touch me with Thunder and I’m eating them. I use two EQ’s and take down Aggron. He sends in Cradily. I swap to Ironhawk and eat an ancient power. I double team a few times and lay a toxic on him then heal. I take him down with steel wing. He sends in Armaldo. I take it down with two steel wings. In comes Metagross. Steven has used all his full restores by now so I know he can’t heal. We keep trading blows as I hit with steel wing and he lands a few psychics. Lucky he didn’t get any special defense drops. Eventually I wear him down as I’m almost out of steel wings and bring down Metagross.

This run went much better than expected. Thought this might be one of the harder ones but these flying Pokémon in gen 3 are very nice. Had a lotta fun in this one. Next up is Diamond and Pearl!

Last edited:

CONNORmn

Beginner Trainer
My run on Diamond is under way! I caught my first Pokémon, Hawk the Starly. Got the old rod and caught Drago the Magikarp. Grinded Hawk way up to 18 to take on Roark. To begin the battle, I used 6 double teams to up evasion. Then used an x defend I found. Then I growled each Pokémon a few times so I could tank some rock type moves and then whittled away each Pokémon with wing attack as I healed whenever I was hit. Defeated Roark then proceeded to Eterna forest and caught Crow the Murkrow.

Hawk(staravia) lvl 23
Drago(Magikarp) lvl 11
Crow(murkrow) lvl 10