• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sword/Shield Crown Tundra!

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
News dropped today with more information on the Crown Tundra Expansion. Will dig out some and update this post with some.

- Galarian Slowking.
- Co op Dungeons.
- Catch all previously released legendaries.
- Galarian Star Tournament.
- Loads more Pokémon.

Anyone excited?

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
I am so hyped!!! The fact that it releases two days after my birthday makes it even more special!

What do you think about the Galar Star Tournament? Will it be like the normal/Singles one? Or will it be like Battle Tower Doubles, with all mons automatically set to lvl 50? Here's to hoping it's the latter! (Even if it isn't, I'm looking forward to seeing more of all the Galar characters/rivals, so boring just to meet and talk to them in IoA lol)

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Teased most of this already between older trailers and legendaries usable right now.

Expects little from the Star Tournament. Guesses it to be like the league rematch, but Doubles. Presumes similar rewards.

Gained some hope from rental Pokemon and choosing your Star Tournament partner, however. Wants to select partners for Max Raid battles. Hated fighting Clefables with Storm Drain Gastrodon alongside Wishiwashi, Togepi, and Eevee (all at once).

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
IGN
Caroline
Personally not that hyped because I don’t own SwSh and don’t plan on buying it for a long time.

That said, the music video at the end was really really good

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I was expecting a bit more from it. We mostly got information we already had.
The Dynamax Adventure looks cool and the Star Toruney looks ok. But I'm excited to see every Legendary come back. The Tapus will be somehow even MORE powerful than before with the new Terrain moves. Imagine Bulu with Grassy Glide. It will ruin lives.
That music video was fantastic, though. I'm hoping the 2 new characters will actually be used in something more than just that. They looks pretty cool.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
The Star Tournament is purely story I think, so I'd imagine you can smash through it with your over powered level 100s. It's also doubles with another character of your choosing.

I'm psyched for the Co Op Dungeons. Should be interesting, and paves the way for some big stuff for their next game / next expansion. I guess Sword / Shield has mostly been about transitioning between old DS games and the new Switch games, as they've added a lot of features to it that weren't necessarily in the initial release.

The legendaries will be big, especially if you can catch multiples of them and actually try for decent IVs. They are surely doing allowing them on the Ranked ladder at some point in the future - it will be crazy fun.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
yeah cant wait , most of my favorites aren't even in this game yet
What Pokémon are you still holding out for? Hopefully they'll do another game / DLC next year with the rest of them :D.

Lillyspkmn

New Trainer
Looking for my flygirl (Salamence) only dragon type I like. Even the land shark would worked for me over any of these dragons they gave us. Just off the top of my head.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
Looking for my flygirl (Salamence) only dragon type I like. Even the land shark would worked for me over any of these dragons they gave us. Just off the top of my head.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe Garchomp and Salamence are in Crown Tundra. Garchomp was featured in the promotion art for the expansions, so it's definitely in.

Doubt we'll be getting galarian formed of either of these, Galarian Slowking looks to be the only new "forme. "

Lillyspkmn

New Trainer
Don't quote me on this, but I believe Garchomp and Salamence are in Crown Tundra. Garchomp was featured in the promotion art for the expansions, so it's definitely in.

Doubt we'll be getting galarian formed of either of these, Galarian Slowking looks to be the only new "forme. "

Sorry I quoted you on it lol
Yes they will be out in November, till then I'm stuck with pokemon I cannot relate too.
Be it esthetics or nostalgia, I cannot get behind alot the newer mons. Though I do have a few i like. Just prefer the older mons.