Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Let's go, Day 4! Here are the deliverables you need for this thread:

• Flash game scores
  • Scavenger hunt solutions and pictures
  • Writing (counselors: tell us which two will represent your cabin)
Only one post per person in this thread. Edit that throughout the day as you update scores, pictures, etc.

Submit the medley in that thread too!

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Submitting my story and Franciscosta’s
You sit quietly in a cabin of your ship, waiting pensively for your inevitable demise. You and your partner had set out on a quest full of hope – the hopes of yourselves, the hopes of your people, who were relying on you. But your ship’s fuel was nearly empty; it was being devoted to cycling the air that you breathe and maintaining some semblance of life. You hadn’t moved in two days.

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The soft hum of the ship’s machinery reminds you that you’re still alive. Sometimes, it fills you with hope. Other times, despair at your seemingly hopeless predicament. You sit in your room, wishing you could drown out the noise. Simultaneously praying for silence and dreading it. With the silence would come the end.

Your thoughts swim, still calculating, still on overdrive searching for some solution to your problem. Your thoughts remind you that you’re still alive, that you’re still human.

“How can we save ourselves? How can we get out of this mess?”

You stand up, you pace around the cabin, wracking your brain for any miracle, any glimmer of hope that could save you. You still have enough fuel to use your ship’s warp function one last time, but the initial calculations that were meant to take you to your destination were off. You had been lost in deep space, with no inkling on how to return home or even where you could find safety.

Ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump

Your heart pounds in your chest, reminding you that you’re still alive. It gets louder, then louder still as your anxiety builds. You’re not sure if you’ll be relieved or terrified when this sound stops, but the anticipation is agonizing.

You have to do something.

You walk to the door with great resolve and pull it open, entering the hull, where your partner sits at the console. The buttons glow dimly as the ship diverts its energy toward life support. The light above you strobes slowly, as if maintaining only a half-assed effort to illuminate the chamber. Your partner’s chair swivels to face you.

Why the hell are you here?” he snaps. His brow wrinkles as if he’s just smelled something offensive. “I told you I didn’t want to see your face. You got us into this mess! Can’t you even give me that much?”

“We can’t just give up here,” you say. Your words are shaky, betraying your own lack of conviction. You know you can’t stand this anymore. You’d rather die now with your sanity than sit with only your thoughts, feeling it slowly slip away. “We have to use the warp function. We have to have hope.”

“There is no hope!” he shouts, rising from his chair. “Haven’t you figured that out by now? Just leave. Let me enjoy my last moments in peace.” A piping cup of tea sits on the console. He always loved tea. You’re not sure how much peace it can bring him in this time that’s anything but peaceful, but he always claimed it calmed him down. You feel no surprise that he wasted some of your precious fuel to brew up a cup. “Fine, I’ll do it if you won’t,” he says, swiping up the hot cup in a huff.

He’s going to leave. He’s the pilot. He’s the only one who knows how to steer your ship. He’s the only hope. He’s the only one who can make this decision, who can save you.

You have to give up.

You have to give up.

You have to—

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“Abandon hope. There’s nothing you can do. Abandon hope.”

Ba-thump, ba-thump

You can’t take it anymore. As he walks toward the door, you step up to the console. You’re no pilot, but you’ve been on this ship for 5 weeks just as he has. You’ve watched him flip the switches, press the buttons. It’s too late to give up now. You have to fight. You have to escape that damned humming. You have to escape your own mind. You have to escape.

You flip a switch.

Just as quickly, he flips around to face you.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he snarls. You ignore him. You press a button, and the engines flare back to life. The hum is replaced by a roar. The air feels a bit heavier, but you press on.

“You can’t do that! Stop!”

Clang

His cup falls against the metal floor. He rushes at you, but you don’t stop—you can’t stop. You’re almost done. You’re almost there. You’re almost free.

Firmly, you stomp on one of the ship’s pedals. Your head swims as the ship’s devotes more energy to the warp sequence. You don’t know where you’re going. Home? Your destination? The afterlife? The void?

All you know is that it can’t be worse than here. You lean against the console as the ship shakes. Unstable. It devotes all it has to this one last attempt, this last hope. Your partner has fallen to the ground behind you, grasping the chair for some sense of security. You don’t know where you’re going, but you know it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Everything goes black.

You’re not sure how much time passes, but, against all odds, your eyes slowly open once again. Your body aches. Your head pounds. You listen.

Nothing. The quiet hum of the ship has stopped. Your mind has been rendered speechless, its protests silenced as it faces complete unknowns. Behind you, your partner groans, holding his head as he slowly pulls himself up off the floor.

“What happened?” he asks groggily. “Where are we? Are we still alive?”

“I think so,” you reply, genuinely a bit unsure. You’ve done enough thinking over the past few days, for a moment you want to revel in the silence. You press a hand to your chest and feel a gentle thump, but the sounds no longer pounds in your ears.

Your partner pushes a button, and the blinds on the ships front window snap open.

Look at that cloud!” you say, pointing excitedly toward the first thing you see. A thick mist billows up from a body of water. You’ve seen nothing but darkness and distant stars since you set out. This new sight looks so inviting.

“I never thought I’d even see water or trees like this again,” your partner says in a soft voice, relishing in the awe of your new situation, soaking in the surroundings. You don’t speak. You give him a nod.

You don’t know where you are. You don’t know what waits for you outside of your ship. But, for now, you relish in the silence. The silence gives you hope.

^ last minute update bc I was told using the app was fine

Last edited:

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Scavenger

Flash

Complex Number Puzzle
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306503424655097856/594009810899304464/Screenshot_20190627-204228_Samsung_Notes.jpg

Caesar Cipher
Plaintext: Yggv bgt kgdnafy lzw Uswksj uahzwj! Qgm'dd xafv lzw fwpl hsyw tq ygafy lg kwslmjldw'k hjgxadw sfv udaucafy gf lzw zwsjl sl lzw wfv.
Shifted 18: Good job solving the Caesar cipher! You'll find the next page by going to seaturtle's profile and clicking on the heart at the end.

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
A lazy summer day was the perfect setting for an outing, but for me, it was more like the perfect excuse for me to stay inside. I took a few sips of my juice box before looking at my phone hurriedly as an alarm started going off. It was already time? Jeez he’s going to be mad isn’t he…

Picking myself up, I made my way downstairs with a bit of frantic energy, gathering an assortment of tea cakes from the pantry, before finally making my way to the attic and started to unlock the door to the attic. A cold breeze after opening the door to the attic was the only warning I had. The only warning that anyone had, that something was wrong. Cautiously I walked upstairs, only to hear a growl coming from the corner of the attic. The source of the sound wasn’t visible to the eye unless it wanted us to see it. I could feel a hostile, primal glare in my direction, even though there was nothing visible yet.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped into the attic and gently placed the plate of tea cakes on the floor, kneeling down on the worn down surface of the attic as I sat, my expression as calm as ever. The growls quieted down to make way for a half purr, still cautious and ready to pounce if it saw any sign of me trying to pull a fast one on it. I smiled rather sweetly and pushed the plate forward a bit “It’s for you. Come on now.”

The air stood still for a few moments as the creature seemed to weigh its options, before pouncing at the tea cakes, having materialized into something of a house cat. I lightly stroked its head as it ate the tea cakes heartily. It let out satisfied purrs as I patted its head, feeling comfortable around the presence of the creature.

It has been living here for a few months without incident…of course, something finally had to happen.

The following day, I was woken up to the sound of a doorbell ringing several times. I got up with a groan and made my way downstairs after hastily dressing up, not bothering to fix my hair in the slightest as I opened the door with an expression of frustration. The man standing outside the door was dressed in navy police uniform, top to bottom and had a portable strobing flashlight attached to his hip. “Uncle Jerry…” I muttered rather in a rather inhospitable way “Why the hell are you here?”

“That’s no way to talk to family Amanda.” He had a smug expression on his face as he allowed himself inside. My neighbors were discretely pointing, laughing to themselves as they asked “What’s up with her hair?” I closed the door firmly and crossed my arms, turning over to look at him, but he had already started raiding the pantry “God why do you have so many tea cakes?” He muttered as he pulled out a large packet of chips, munching on them loudly.

“I just…like tea cakes. Besides that, what are you doing here!? My dad told you to keep away from me while I was living here” I was flustered, since I wasn’t ready to explain anything like that to him. Definitely not him. He’d have it shot on the spot if he knew.

“No Liquor…” He grumbled as he went through my fridge, and threw his wallet in my general direction “Go buy a few bottles. Make it quick.”

“Wha- the department store is 4 miles away! How am I supposed to get there?!”

“You have a bike don’t you?” He walked past me, crashing onto my couch without much care “Pedal to the metal, or whatever they say these days.”

I was about to speak out in refusal, but after thinking about it for a bit, I decided that going out would do some good, especially if I didn’t have to deal with him “Fine, I’ll do it” I confirmed how much I needed before making my way out…

A few minutes later, my phone started going off. An alarm? I stopped near the pavement, my foot resting against the pedal as I reached for my phone “Oh it’s feeding time…” I let out a sigh before shaking it off “I’m sure he can wait 15 minutes.” And dismissed it, as I kept on the trail to the supermarket, completely unconcerned…

Back at home while I was gone, Uncle Jerry was sitting on the couch, roaring with laughter as he watched a few rather stale skits, while stuffing his face with several chips at once. His amusement was brought to a halt when a sound of glass crashing from the attic echoed, seeming to physically drain the energy out of him. He muttered something about a burglar picking the wrong house as he picked himself off the couch and opened up the door to the attic.

The first thing he felt, was the intense cold. It seemed to bite into him through his clothes, making him shiver. He turned on his flashlight and scanned the room after getting into the attic completely. He was met with a loud warning growl, the sound seeming to come from the corner of the attic. The corner seemed impossibly dark…as if it was a void of blackness.

Cautiously he moved closer. A pet? Why wouldn’t she tell him about a pet? And who keeps a pet locked up in a closet. He shone the flashlight squarely in that direction as he moved in step by step, looking for a sign of anything and when he finally saw what was growling at him…it was too late.

Its black fur was dark and mangy. Its long snout was decorated with sharp yellow teeth that seemed to be as sharp as cleavers. Its eyes were the worst of all…they looked as if they were made out of red hot coal. Its warning growls started to become hostile as it approached him one step at a time, it’s large frame could easily crush Jerry, but he was dumbfounded by what he was looking at, so much so that he didn’t start backing away until it was too late.

His mind went to disorientation, deciding to disorient the beast with his strobe flashlight. His hands shook as he started to strobe the light in a way to hopefully disorient the beast, but instead it reacted completely different, roaring furiously before pouncing at Jerry with its claws extended. He screamed for help, but it was already too late for him…

When I finally got home, I was met with a stunning silence. Weird. Definitely not like Uncle Jerry to be so quiet. “Uncle Jerry?” looking around the house yielded no results, not until I found the attic door wide open, blood dripping onto the floor from the attic.

I squinted my eyes as I saw some movement in the darkness of the attic from below. What appeared, was a house cat, its fur matted with blood as it lightly nuzzled against my leg after jumping onto the ground. I gently patted its head in a loving manner and looked back up to the attic, from where the blood dripped steadily onto the floor, before shrugging it off and leaning down over to scratch its chin “You’re hungry aren’t you?”
Score is 141500. Could have aimed higher, but not a lot of time today

Last edited:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
The Cleaner

“Fine, I’ll do it”, she relented, followed by the memorable sound of a phone being slammed onto the receiver. This was her third call this week, with barely an evening to herself. Not much bothered her more than the piercing shriek of the hotel phone ringing. She delicately placed her near-empty cup of tea back on the saucer, peering at the digital clock on the desk. 5pm, July 28th. Whether she liked it or not, work was calling, it was time to begin cleaning.

Hung neatly on a hanger, a lonely navy suit; its only other companions barren hangers on the armoire’s metal rails. A black briefcase, silver lined, completed an exemplary business look. Sealed tightly with the combination lock reset to 000. She took 5 steps towards the door, stopping herself as she placed her fingers on the polished, silver door handle. She lets out a begrudging sigh. Out of her pocket she pulls and unfolds 2 leather gloves, sliding them on as if she had done it a thousand times before. A cold and quick gaze through the door’s peephole preceded her leaving her quarantine. Glancing right down the hall the room service and cleaning cart can be seen, stood loyally beside the friendly, old, cleaning lady. The lady gave her a kind wave and heartwarming smile. It was a rarity, but she waved back. “Someone just like me.” she thought. “A cleaner, that gets rid of stains”.

Outside of the building, a classic yellow cab waited by itself neatly parallel to the curb. Seating herself calmly into the behind the driver, she pulled her briefcase up onto her lap, holding it with as much care as you would a valuable painting. The tinted divider window between the front and back seats began to slither back into the car’s mechanics, she fumbled through her pockets for her dark sunglasses, flicking the arms out and neatly and sliding them over her ears. The Driver spoke: “Good evening partner, fancy meeting you here”. It was hard to distinguish what was more noxious; the thick cigar smoke wafting from the front seats or the grating snark in the thick accent of her work partner. His cocky smirk wasn’t visible, but it was crystal clear from his tone of voice. “Why the hell are you here?” she spat. “To get you to work, obviously. I don’t suppose you’d rather pedal? There’s a bike rental only 5 minutes away.” His foot haphazardly pressed on and off the brake pedal, the taxi rocking minutely in response. Exhaling in mild frustration, she replied “I appreciate it.”

Naturally, a cleaner won’t enter through the front door, that would let the guests know the place was filthy. She walked through the side entrance, effortlessly navigating labyrinthine corridors, only getting passive, uninterested glares at most from its uninterested guardians. An empty hallway finally revealed itself. Collected, she glanced both ways before reaching into her pocket, hastily clipping the earpiece onto her right ear. “Alright partner, hope you still have what I gave you. Walk down the corridor and turn right.” His thick accent rumbled against her eardrum, though she was too busy to be irritated. Following the instructions exactly, she approached a muscular man wearing a similar attire to herself. “Sorry, I’ll need to see your staff ID” the hall echoed with The Bouncer’s baritone voice. She had been asked that question more times than she can count, but they usually let her in anyway. After all, the cleaner is the most important part of any corporation, how could they clean a place they don’t have access to?

Hazy white fog leaking into the rooms from the main area confirmed her position in the venue; she was getting close to the stage. Gaps in the flimsy walls let through the smoke machine’s foul breath and hypnotising gaze of the strobe lights. Her polished shoes clanged repeatedly against the metal stairs leading up to the stage’s catwalks. Now close to the roar of the stage, moving quietly wasn’t necessary. Looking down at the swarm of rabid fans crowding around the stage, clawing at the security guards and trying to scramble closer to the performers she was reminded how lucky she was to be a cleaner. Her thoughts were cut short by the voice she disliked so much murmuring in her earpiece “The Bassist is the one you’re looking for. He’s been up to some... morally questionable things.” She knew this already. 2... 4... 7, the briefcase’s combination lock clicked open. Her partner set it, July 24th is his birthday, he set it so that she would remember. All in mint condition and polished excessively, she looked through her cleaning supplies, picking out the usual. Her vision focused as if she were a bird of prey circling her target. Silently, the brackets on a stage light fell loose. She retreated back away from her vantage point in response to a concert-goer exclaiming “Look at that cloud!” the smoke from the now-faulty light causing a thick, black miasma to pool on the ceiling. Not that the clueless groupies were particularly aware of what was about to happen. She hated making a mess, but with the light falling from its graceful perch, a confirming crash let her know the world was slightly cleaner now.

Rain picked up on the way back to the hotel. For once, her partner was quiet too. At least he seemed to be, but in hindsight it was likely the sound of the downpour drowning out his comments. She always liked the rain, it reminded her of her goal.

Unknowingly, she tracked some mud into the hotel lobby. Staining the polished marble floor of the building.

Finally back in her own space, she slid off her gloves, returning them neatly to their own space as well. Her briefcase sat obediently by the foot of her bed and her suit hung tiredly in the wardrobe.

She spent almost a full hour in the shower. She didn’t even get dirty, though she had to remain clean.

Finally sitting back down at the desk, a warm, fresh brewed cup of tea waited for her, courtesy of the room service lady. Exhausted, she exhaled an extended sigh before gently wrapping her finger around the teacup’s porcelain handle. A cut on her finger stung briefly, the teacup rolled from her grip, dousing her clean clothes. The searing pain was only momentary, it was the stain that would remain. Begrudgingly throwing her shirt into a laundry basket and changing, she accepted that someone else would have to remove the stain. She disliked knowing that there were other cleaners, but thinking more on it, there had to be, since cleaners sometimes caused stains too.

BulbaJohn

The Man
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
John, Bulba
Time Zone
PST
might update
lego racers
tried to put my mans on a string but he was too squirmy
The Bruh Moment
One day there was a cup of tea named Joe. Joe was an interesting fellow, for he had a rare and incurable disease: Bruh Momentitis. This was a truly awful and horrendous disease, and Joe was up to here with it. So on Wednesday, Joe decided that this disease needed to be cured. Although Joe was told the disease was incurable, all he could say was “Bro…” and “This **** boutta be cured bro.” Usually, Joe’s bruh moments occurred on his way to work, so he decided to take a new route on Wednesday. Joe hopped on his bike, but he lost his pedal.
“It’s gotta be under the sofa.” Joe murmured.
And of course, Joe found the pedal under the sofa, where he usually finds his lost items. Joe fixed the bike, hopped on, and began riding to work on the sidewalk. Joe found himself admiring the beautiful day, and his Bruh Momentitis wasn’t even on his mind. Joe knew that the Bruh Moment would not occur today.
“Look at that cloud! It looks like Cloud from popular video game Final Fantasy VII!”
Joe had made an incredible mistake observing the cloud, for he didn’t notice the child in front of him. Joe ran over the child, knocking him over whilst falling off the bike and faceplanting into the concrete himself.
“Oh **** oh **** oh dammit ****” (one f bomb allowed in pg 13 material)
Joe’s bruh moment had begun.
Joe was now overcome with emotion and confusion. He glanced over his shoulder and saw the injured child. He only thought one thing…
“What’s up with her hair?”
Joe noticed the strobe of the police lights arriving on scene, and Joe was fully aware that this was the end. However, Joe was not ready to accept this Bruh Moment. Joe took a MAD DASH to the right and ran away from the police. He was running for miles and finally he could no longer see the strobe of the police lights. At this point, Joe felt completely alone. He broke down into a sob, and his depression swept over him.
“I hate Bruh Momentitis…Why me God??” he pathetically cried.
Joe slowly drifted off to sleep.
In the morning, Joe woke up to birds chirping and the bright sun. Joe slowly walked home and remembered all of the events of yesterday. He realized that he was a wanted criminal and planned to hide out in his house which probably won’t work but he had no other ideas. So Joe headed home and called work apologizing for yesterday and explaining his absence today. Joe proceeded to have a normal day. He made a yummy lunch, watched some ******, and finished off with some Netflix. He decided to get on his favorite game, Fortnite, for a few matches before bed. After getting three epic victory royales, Joe decided it was time for bed. Unbeknownst to Joe, this day was the best day he has ever had. He didn’t even realize it, but he had zero Bruh Moments. His Bruh Momentitis had been cured.

THE END​
hex 3424
winterbells 7022610

Attachments

Last edited:

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin

Let’s go to Comic Con

You look out at the open road, your foot on the pedal, starting to seriously regret the promises you made. You promised your 2 children if they were on the Honor Roll their senior year, you’d take them to something called “Comic Con”. You looked it up, and realized it was, as the name probably should have told you, a comic convention…in San Diego. You lived in Colorado, making the trek a 17-hour drive. Your wife argued that it was their senior year, and this was a huge incentive for them to study and get good grades. And if they did indeed make the honor roll, there would be scholarships, which would off-set the cost of the trip…eventually. Probably. Hopefully. So you make the deal with your son and daughter, and lo and behold, not only did the make the Honor Roll, they made the President’s List. You couldn’t contain your excitement when you heard the news. You were like a tea kettle ready to burst. “You’ve both made your mom and I so proud! We love you both so much! Now…who’s excited for Comic Con?!” You weren’t, truth be told, but the sound from your children’s excited screaming made you smile ear to ear.
It was now July 16th, the day of the flight You all agreed that flying out 2 days before was the best way to go, in case your flight was cancelled or delayed, which, let’s be honest, was nearly a guarantee. Despite all the plan making, preparation, making sure your kids were both packed, there was still utter panic about 30 minutes before you needed to leave. You know what they say about the best laid plans…
“Jeremy! Hurry up and bring your and Brielle’s suitcases out to the car!”
“Why do I have to bring both?!” Your son screamed in the most stereotypical angsty teen voice possible.
“Because your sister is helping look for the car key!”
“Fine! I’ll do it!” Your son screams as you hear the front door slam. Chalk another point up to teen angst.
“Dad, I’m telling you, It’s gotta be under the sofa!” You daughter offered sage wisdom, which you hadn’t yet taken due to utter panic.
You hold the sofa up while your wife looks under, and, cue angelic choir, find the car keys.
“Why the hell are you here?! There’s a dish right by the front door where all the keys are supposed to go…This…I….You’re all so….Arghhhhhh…” Your wife sighed the biggest, longest, most annoyed sigh you’ve ever heard. Best to not argue with her about this.

Eventually, everything calmed down, your heart rate slowed to only 120 beats per minute, and you made your way to the airport. Miraculously, your flight was on time. Maybe it was the penny you found on the way home from work. Head side up, of course.
You all eventually made it through bag check, which took an arduous 60 minutes because you were randomly searched by TSA. They informed you that your bottle of mouth wash was bigger than the 4-ounces allowed. What a horrible fiendish individual you were!

You eventually made it to your check in gate with about an hour left to spare. It was now nearing sunset, and your wife looked out of one of the floor-to-ceiling windows.
“Kids! Honey, look at that cloud! Isn’t it beautiful?”. And, truth be told, it really was beautiful. The shades of yellow, red, orange, and pink were all shown in the cloud, making it for a rather poetic end to a hectic day.

You got on the flight to San Diego, were “treated” to a bag containing about 4 mini pretzels, and looked at your wife and children in the seats next to you.
This made everything worth it. An enjoyable vacation with the family you loved, and bringing your children to an event that made them happy beyond words. As the strobing lights of the plane fade out, you eventually fell asleep as the plane ascended, with the world’s biggest smile plastered all over your face, as the strobing lights of the plane faded out.

Last edited:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
My scavenger hunt stuff. Cannot do the flash game today because i have no access to a computer.

Last edited:

Franciscosta

Communist Duck
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Every Thursday was like this. Randy always tries to find any excuse to skip band practice. If it wasn't for his parents, he'd have quit the band altogether by now, but they don't want him to stay locked in his room forever, so he's forced to attend. His excuses started off simple: he had the flu, his car was down, his dad had the flu, he had chores to do, his dog had the flu, ... You know, the usual kind. However, with time, his imagination started getting wilder. One of his drums just wouldn't stay tuned. There was an invisible barrier keeping him from leaving his room. He had suddenly forgot how to play the drums at all. By now, I thought I had heard them all. Boy was I wrong.

It was a morning like many others. I was ready to go over to Randy's house to drag him to band practice as usual, but just as I opened the door I got the scare of my life.

"Randy?! Why the hell are you here?"

"We need to talk."

<------------------------------------------------>​

The cup of tea I made for Randy stood in the living room table, empty. Mine, though, was still basically untouched, since I was busy at the time processing what my friend said.

"Your pedal what."

"My drum pedal-"

"Wait, you know what? I changed my mind, I don't want to hear it again."

"But it's true! My drum pedal was abducted by aliens!"

"Randy, God knows I'd love to stay here and explain to you why exactly that's the dumbest thing to come out of your mouth, but with the amount of runner-ups it'd be years until I could confirm it."

"You gotta listen to me, Amanda! This time it's for real!"

"Oh yeah, like the time you said your house had caught on fire, but really your dad was just making some barbecue?"

"Hey, that thing made so much smoke, it really looked like raging flames!"

"The only smoke at play here is the one that must be filling that head of yours! Honestly, this is the worst excuse yet!"

"C'mon, can you at least let me you tell the story?"

"So I had just gotten up from bed..."

"Ok I already have my doubts."

"... I'd just gotten up from bed, and was making my way downstairs to have breakfast. Today mom made those pancakes with maple syrup I really like, and then she added-"

"You're going off-track."

"Oh, yeah. So I was gonna get ready for my favorite part of any Thursday, band practice..."

The stare I gave him made him flinch, but he quickly resumed his story.

"... and I went to go get my drum pedal. But it was nowhere to be seen! 'It's gotta be under the sofa, or maybe I just left it upstairs' I thought. But no matter where I looked, the pedal wasn't appearing! I was gonna make my way to Fred's house, to see if I left it there from last band practice, and that's when I saw it!"

"What did you see, Randy."

"The UFO! There was an UFO landed right there on my back yard!"

It took a few minutes for me to finish cleaning the tea stain off the floor. It was gonna be hard to explain my mother why there was a massive dark patch in the carpet, but that would have to wait until I was finished with this other stain in the living room.

"You realize I'm going to request you be put in a mental ward."

"It's true though! A honest-to-goodness alien spaceship! And directly under it, some tall, lanky, green dudes were examining my drum pedal!"

"Uh huh, and then what did you do?"

"Well, obviously I didn't want to be spotted, who knows what kind of stuff these aliens were into! So I tried to sneak away sloooowly... but! I stepped on a branch!"

"Your backyard has no trees."

"I stepped on a cactus!"

"No cacti either."

"I stepped on... my dog?"

"... okay that one's believable, proceed."

"I stepped on my dog! He cried out, and the aliens looked in my direction! I started booking it away from them, but they suspended my in some kind of zero-gravity hold! They got closer, and abducted me into their spaceship!"

"Please tell me this story ends with them taking you to another planet."

"Actually no, there were pretty cool dudes! They talked in this weird sign language, except it was through some kind of gland in their forehead. I couldn't understand a thing, but I appreciated the effort!"

"They probably made more sense than you."

"They kept the drum pedal on a weird tech-y pedestal, with tons of beams and lasers point towards it. It seemed like they thought it was some kind of advanced tool or maybe a rare life form! Whatever it was, they were really interested in it! So interested in fact that, after some effort with some kind of rough translator, they sent me a message asking if they could examine the pedal for a little while longer."

"And you... ?"

"And I agreed, of course! Did you want me to start an intergalactic war over a drum pedal?"

At this point, I started dragging Randy towards my front door. After opening it, I threw him outside.

"What I want is for you to just admit you didn't want to come to band practice! It's not so hard, everyone knows it already!"

"B-But! The aliens have my pedal!"

"Then kick the drums or whatever! But don't come over here with this crazy story and expect me to believe this bull-"

The bright green flash came out of nowhere. Then it concentrated on the middle of my garden, strobing intermittently on and off. Where it focused, the grass seemed to shift and warp, until a box suddenly appeared. After that, the light went away. Instinctively, and against my better judgement, I stepped towards it. I carefully lifted up the lid, to find inside Randy's drum pedal, as well as a letter, with nearly unintelligible text in very broken English, that read 'Thank is you for see control. Hope see soon.'

"Hey, Amanda! Look! Look at that cloud!"

As I directed my gaze towards where Randy was pointing, I was just able to see the metallic object fading from view. No one would believe me. Just a while ago I didn't believe it. But there it was, proof of intelligent life, and half the people that knew were irredeemable slackers.

I got up from the ground, and silently headed back towards my house. I was gonna need a nice, long nap. Just before I closed the door, I heard Randy.

"So... can I skip band practice?"

I said no. And slammed the door.

Last edited:

Fafrir

:]
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC