Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Let's go, Day 4! Here are the deliverables you need for this thread:

• Flash game scores
  • Scavenger hunt solutions and pictures
  • Writing (counselors: tell us which two will represent your cabin)
Only one post per person in this thread. Edit that throughout the day as you update scores, pictures, etc.

Submit the medley in that thread too!

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Puzzle 2 is https://forums.marriland.com/pages/2/ with a = 2
(8-i)*(3+2i) => 24+2 = 26 w/ 9 + 4 = 13 from (3-2i)(3+2i) on the bottom so a = 2

GOODJOBSOLVINGTHECAESARCIPHERYOULLFINDTHENEXTPAGEBYGOINGTOSEATURTLESPROFILEANDCLICKINGONTHEHEARTATTHEEND

Sheikah puzzle: Has it gotten Hard enough foR YOU YET DONT WORRY YOUVE REached the end of this puzzle. youll find the page youre looking for by clicking on the word not on the smash camp accounts profile.

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Morse round 2 (hope it's right)
https://forums.marriland.com/pages/delta-platinum/ I put the URL first so you can continue. Anyways day 4 is definitely the hardest so if you can get through this you can get through anything. Love you guys uwu
And here are my stuffs:

Last edited:

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5

The streets of New York City were busy as usual. People rushed by as they hurried to their next destination. The tall buildings shielded them from the sun’s rays, though the only thing that would allow them to escape the humidity in the city was going inside one of the many buildings they passed.

A woman and her daughter sat outside a cafe in the city. Both were enjoying a cup of tea and the warm breeze outside. Their fair skin glistened in the sunlight.

“Hey mom, look at that cloud,” the daughter said. She pointed to a large ominous cloud in the sky that was turning darker with each passing second.

“Looks like it’s going to rain soon,” the mom said. “Guess the weatherman was right. Let’s go, Kayla, we try should get home before it starts.”

But try as they did, they weren’t able to make it home before the rain started. There was a rumble of thunder in the distance as soon as they left the cafe, and when they got to their car, it started pouring. They waited a few minutes for the rain to slow down, but it didn’t show any signs of doing that, so they carefully ventured out onto the city streets.

The rain stopped as soon as they arrived home, but going inside was another disaster in and of itself. Their dog, a husky who was only six months old, was laying in her bed. The living room had pillows out of place, and papers were all over the floor.

“What are you all doing?” the mother asked. Father and son looked up.

“We’re looking for Snowflake’s toy,” the father replied. “The squeaking duck one.”

The mother shrugged and gestured to the couch. She took her phone out of her purse. “It’s gotta be under the sofa,” she said, moving to take a peek under. She had to turn her phone’s flashlight on to see, but all that could be found were a few crumbs and quite a bit of trash. The mother stood up and turned her phone’s flashlight off. “Okay, maybe it isn’t under the sofa.”

Snowflake whined and buried her head in the small pink pillow that was in her bed. Another toy, this one a small dinosaur plush that also contained a squeaker, was laying on the floor on its side.

“She misses her toy,” the son said. “We’ve looked everywhere.”

“Well, let’s look again,” Kayla said. “Check the backyard too, it might be back there if she took it out back with her.”

The toy they were looking for was a special toy, at least in Snowflake’s eyes. Her breeder’s home burned down in a tragic fire, and though all of the dogs came out okay, the breeder was unable to keep the dogs he had and a local shelter had to take them in. When the Carrington family came in to adopt Snowflake, she was the last of her family to be adopted. She was friendly with other dogs during playtime, and she was a good dog. A round of donations came into the shelter, and among them were several toys, enough for each dog at the shelter to choose one. Snowflake chose a large, yellow plush duck. It was larger than her body at the time, but she was able to pull it away from the pile. One of the shelter’s volunteers took it to her kennel, and since then, Snowflake and the duck were inseparable. The volunteers informed the Carringtons of this when they adopted her, and so the duck, affectionately named Quackers by the son, came home with them too.

But the toy was missing now, and no other toy could replace it in Snowflake’s eyes. Though she was able to be apart from it, it always remained in her bed so that she could sleep with it. The toy provided her comfort. She had other toys to play with, but Quackers was like her stuffed animal and nothing could happen to it.

The family searched high and low in the house, until finally, the mother stepped into her craft room, she spotted something yellow under her sewing machine. She pulled the chair back and a stuffed duck fell off of her sewing machine’s pedal. The mother picked it up and took it to Snowflake’s bed. She perked up instantly and took the toy from the mother’s hands and placed it in the corner of her bed.

“I found it,” she called out to her family as she received licks of appreciation from Snowflake. The family came inside, and lo and behold, Quackers was returned to its rightful place in Snowflake’s bed. The mother went to start dinner, and father, son, and daughter got to work on straightening up the rooms of the house.

After dinner, mother set to work on her latest sewing project: an elegant purple dress for her daughter’s prom the next night. Father, daughter, and son sat in the living room with Snowflake in front of them. Tonight’s entertainment was provided by Kitchen Cookoff: Dessert Edition, a cooking show that focused on a selection of contestants in a competition to see who the best chef, or in this case, baker, was. This was only the second season of the show, but each season thus far focused on a different cuisine; season one focused on different meats.

Tonight was the season premiere of the new season, so the family was introduced to one of the sixteen contestants on the show. One of those contestants was a woman in her thirties who had an interesting hairstyle. Her short hair was spiked, and the tip of each spike was a different color.

“What’s up with her hair?” the father asked.

“That’s just how people do it nowadays, dad,” Kayla said.

“Yeah, some people like having really weird hairstyles. I have a girl in my class who has half pink and half blue hair, it looks really cool but also kinda weird,” the brother chimed in.

Their father shrugged, and they continued to watch the show. They commented only on each contestant’s creations, though tonight was just an introduction to each of the contestants, and the real competition would begin on next week’s episode. The father, though he was unimpressed with the spiky haired woman’s hair, was impressed by her baking abilities as she pulled off an immaculate two tier cake decorated beautifully with flowers of various colors. He was convinced that she could possibly win the whole thing, though his children had different contestants that they were rooting for.

The children went to their rooms after the show. The son had to get to bed soon for he had school the next day; Kayla was excused for the day because the next night was the evening of the senior prom and the school decided it was easier to allow all of the seniors to have an excused absence than to have them only come in for a couple hours on the day of prom.

The next night, Kayla was at her senior prom with her group of friends and their dates. Strobe lights illuminated the dance floor, and there was a snack bar off in one of the corners of the venue. Their theme was “A Moonlight Sendoff,” so the strobe lights were varying shades of blue and white with a little yellow mixed in. The snacks were shaped like moons and stars, and some had yellow sprinkles shaped like stars on them too.

Last edited:

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST

Last edited:

jUl137

AnimalCrossing Mayor
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Juliet
Time Zone
Eastern

Last edited:

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
[/SP
OILER]

“Simon? Are you paying attention? Our realm ends beyond the mountains that form a rectangle around our land. It is impossible for anyone or anything to pass through them inside or outside of the realm.”
My girlfriend’s father, David, sipped at his jasmine tea while looking at me and pointed at the rectangular boundary of the Realm of Peace on the map located on the table in front of us. David is the leader of the Realm of Peace, and to the knowledge of everyone in the realm, there was nothing but ocean beyond the mountains. That ocean was said to obliterate anyone or anything that came close to the outside of the realm, regardless of whether it was leaving or entering.
The thing is, I’m not from the Realm of Peace. And I have no memory of my life, except for the past two years and my name. I don’t know where I’m from, but there’s a good chance that it’s not from this realm.
I washed up on the western cliffs two years ago, and have been exploring the Western Prairie on the bicycle that was found near me when I was discovered ever since, trying to find traces of my origins.
“Simon??”
“Yes, sir,” I said. “I understand. The strobe…It’s gotta be under the sofa.”
David sighed and shook his head. “The strobe is attached to your bicycle, lad. You activate it by tapping the left pedal twice in quick succession. And there is no sofa here.
“Sorry, sir,” I grinned sheepishly as I glanced around discreetly, only to find no sofa in sight. “I guess my head isn’t in the right place right now.”
“That much is clear,” David said before draining his mug of tea. “Run along. This is clearly a waste of our time.”
I stood up, bowed, and quickly left the hut, ashamed of myself for acting so foolishly in front of the leader. I had no doubt that Julia would hear about my cluelessness from her father, as usual. I needed time to myself, so I headed west to the cliffs on my bike, pedaling as hard as I could.

When I arrived, I sat on my bicycle and stared at the ocean. Frustrated, I picked up a rock and threw it as hard as I could into the water, in the direction of the wall of mountains.
“It’s been two years!” I snarled to myself. “Two. Years. I’m no closer to remembering who I am and where I’m from than I was after I woke up!” I picked up another rock and cocked my arm.
“WAIT!” a voice cried.
I turned my bike around, still holding onto the rock and ready to throw it at the person who was intruding my solitude. But I should have known who it was: it was Old Man Magin.
“Why the hell are you here?” I asked coldly to the tasseographer. He had taught me how to read tea leaves in my early days here, but I always believed he was crazy so I’ve never actually looked at tea leaves since then.
“I sense your frustration. Before I get to the point of my trip, you must calm yourself with this lavender chamomile tea.”
“I don’t want tea, old man!” I yelled, ready to activate the strobe on my pedal so I could sulk in peace.
“Good sir! Please wait before you leave! Look at that cloud!” Magin exclaimed, as he pointed directly above us. I looked where he was pointing, and saw a cloud that was shaped like….what was it shaped like?
“It’s tea leaves, Simon.”
“You have got to be joking,” I scoffed. “Next you’re going to tell me that the cloud wants me to drink your stupid tea.”
“Yes, yes! That is correct! Please, drink up!”
“If it’ll shut you up and get you out of my face…” I snatched the mug. “Fine, I’ll do it.” I chugged the tea within seconds and held out the mug.
“Look at the leaves, Simon. The best part is yet to come!”
I did as he said, and was astounded to see them moving.
What do you see, Simon?” Magin prompted.
“I see…leaves moving.”
“Very observant of you, lad,” Magin stated icily as he rolled his eyes. “I’m sure the babies in the village would be thrilled to learn how to read tea leaves like you do. What do you see? Look closely…”
“I see…the wall of mountains to the west. And the cliff we’re on, where I was found.” I paused, not quite sure how to describe the motion of the leaves.
“There’s something more, isn’t there.” It was a statement, not a question.
David’s words echoed in my head: It is impossible for anyone or anything to pass through them inside or outside of the realm.
“It looks like…they’re moving past the mountains…from outside the realm…into it…” I managed to gasp.
“Impossible!” David’s booming voice cried out. Magin and I quickly looked up and saw our leader, along with Julia, standing a few meters away. David slammed the butt of his staff into the ground, and Magin froze in place.
“Magin, you are feeding this good boy with lies. Nothing can transfer across the boundary.”
“Sir…” Magin whimpered.
Silence!”
Magin fell to the ground, bowing, and clearly frightened.
“Sir,” I said. “With all due respect, if he is lying, then we should be able to watch the boundary for hours and see nothing. Why silence him when he’s clearly crazy?”
“You do not understand, Simon!” David shouted.
“Then let us watch the boundary. Let me understand and learn. Let me learn…the way I do best. By observing.”
David sighed. “All right. 3 hours. We will stay here for three hours, and you will see nothing. And then you will feel foolish.”
“So what’s new,” I grumbled under my breath as I dismounted my bike and walked to the edge of the cliff. Magin slowly walked back to the village as David and Julia came to stand near me.

The first 2 hours and 58 minutes came and went without so much as a gust of wind. Then, the winds started to pick up.
“You see? There is nothing happening. Let us go back. Now.” David turned around and started walking.
It was then that I saw it. The winds were exactly what we needed. A seagull flew into view and came over the mountains. I watched as it flew closer and closer to us.
Sir! Look! A seagull from beyond the realm!”
David stopped and whirled around, his expression wild. The seagull touched down on the cliff near my feet and started picking at the grass.
“This is amazing,” I breathed. “So there is something beyond-“
My sentence was cut off as David slammed the head of his staff into the ground next to the seagull, causing it to vaporize and leaving no trace of its existence.
“What are you doing, sir!!!!” I shouted in disbelief.
“You leave me no choice. You work to destroy everything I grew up with. Everything I believe. And you will not spread these…lies.”
David ran over to my bike and mounted it, turning it toward me. “I will not let you!”
It was then that I understood his intention. I tried to turn away, but his feet were quicker as they slammed into the pedal twice. I found my eyes being overloaded with information as the strobe activated. I squeezed them shut but the damage was done. I lost my sense of direction and had to kneel to the ground.
When the strobe stopped and I started to open my eyes, I received a foot to the stomach and doubled over, wheezing. I opened my eyes fully and saw the shoes of…
Julia?! Why??”
“Sorry, Simon. I follow my father. You will not be leaving this realm, nor will anyone else. We are going to take you and Magin to a place deep inside the land, where no one will ever find you.”
I let my head sink in defeat. I had finally found a piece of the puzzle, and it was gone. I wanted to go home.
I wanted to know where “home” was.
The definition would remain lost for the rest of my life.

Logic puzzle

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@jUl137 @Revan

Hey hey! Just a heads up, but the screenshots of Hex don't actually show your score. (You have to scroll up a little)

If you access the game's page again, your high score should still be there in the upper right corner, no worries!

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
Scavenger Hunt

Flash Gaems

Last edited:

Joillian

New Trainer