Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Let's go, Day 4! Here are the deliverables you need for this thread:

• Flash game scores
  • Scavenger hunt solutions and pictures
  • Writing (counselors: tell us which two will represent your cabin)
Only one post per person in this thread. Edit that throughout the day as you update scores, pictures, etc.

Submit the medley in that thread too!

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Has it gotten hard enough for you yet dont worry youve reached the end Of This Puzzle.You'll Find The Page You're Looking For At The smash camp accounts profile.
https://forums.marriland.com/pages/alpha-beta-upsidedowncake/

2+i
Good job solving the Caesar cipher! You'll find the next page by going to seaturtle's profile and clicking on the heart at the end.

The silver-haired woman eyed the glasses that lay in front of her. Peculiar things, they were. They stretched across the entire face, and emitted a beam of light that curved beyond the glasses in a shape not-unlike a dome. The green light softly pulsed and danced across her skin as she picked up the pair gingerly.

"Isn't it amazing!?" Zelda beamed at her with a smile that could light the whole galaxy. "To think this stuff has been around our entire lives!"

"It is intriguing." Neve turned the device over. The dome of light faded out upon her hand passing through it, but came back when she moved it into its original position. "But are we sure putting these glasses on is safe? I'm not sure how I feel about losing touch with our surroundings, even if it's only for a holographic simulation."

"It's fiiiine, it's not like we're going to get attacked." Neve gives her an incredulous stare as she evenly takes a sip from her iced tea. "W-Well, maybe not with your ****ty luck, but there's people around here. They'd let us know. And besides, it's been way too long since we've been able to do something as a couple, y'know? What with you only leaving the ship for business, and it's high time we go on a date."

"It'd be unsafe."

"I know but-" She frowns, defeated for a moment, before looking at her pleadingly. "Please? For me? ...For us?"

She puts down her tea in resignation. "Fine, I'll do it."

Zelda grins triumphantly, sliding her own, purple pair of glasses on her face. "Knew you'd come through." Neve sighs, watching the dome shape around her overly eager girlfriend's face before sliding her own pair on.

------

At first, there was nothing. Warm numbness washed over her entire body, and her breathing evened into a slow, rhythmic pace. This was, while unexpected, nice. Something calm, something tranquil, something-

"Neve!" Her eyes flashed open as a motorcycle's headlight strobed in her eyes. A small scream of terror flew out of her mouth as she fell down onto the concrete and scrambles from the source. Zelda, the cocky ******* she was, cackled from her seat at the motorcycle's helm. "Welcome to imagination-ville, population, us!"

"The hell was that!"

"You should have seen your face!" *******. "Hop on, Snowtail. We've got places to go."

"I only put up with you because I love you."

"What was that? Can't hear you over this engine!" Neve smiled to herself triumphantly, and took her place behind Zelda. "Nothing, love. Let's go."

-----

"So what happened when I loaded in, anyways? It was dark and warm, and then you were there all too suddenly."

"Hmm... Maybe it was trying to synch your glasses up to mine or something?"

"Potentially. Though it seemed to take longer than I would expect it to. It felt like I was there for... a minute?"

"Eh, we can ask when our session's over." Zelda eased on the pedal, slowing down as they near a grassy clearing. "This looks like a good spot?"

"A spot for what?" Zelda simply grinned in reply as they come to a full stop. She hopped off and strode confidently into the clearing, her golden hair flowing behind her in the wind. "Zelda?"

"Just. C'mere. I promise this is good." Neve cautiously followed suit. "Alright, so I'm gonna need you to close your eyes. I talked to some people and got them to do something really special, and I want it to be a surprise." Neve's eyes knitted in slight skepticism before doing as told. "Wait! Actually! Can you lay down?"

"This is an awful lot you're asking of me, Sunshine," Neve murmured, carefully navigating herself to rest on the ground. Shuffling came from her right before stray pieces of hair fell on either side of her and lips softly met hers. "You don't have to call in favors to kiss me, you know."

"I know that, that was just for fun." More shuffling, and she felt Zelda's body lie right besides hers, and her hand grab and interlock with her own. "This is the good part."

Neve could only describe the next few moments as dumbfounding. The grass below her seemed to fall out of existence, only to be replaced with void. Her grip on Zelda was the only think keeping her grounded as they drifted in the aether, flakes of snow (how did the weather change so drastically?) gently hitting against her skin. It wasn't an uncomfortable sensation, however, and upon Zelda telling her to open her eyes, she calmly complied. And she couldn't help but grin as she was met with an ethereal version of the love of her life.

Zelda's golden hand, made from clouds painted with the dying sun's rays, squeezed her own, white one, snowflakes falling and sprinkling the vast expanses of land below them. "What do you think?"

"This is... marvelous, Zelda." She's grinning besides herself. "What gave you this idea?"

"I mean, you always call me Sunshine, and I always call you Snowtail, right? Thought we'd make it a bit more literal. Plus, you can't quite get a view of the area like this." One look around proved her point. They towered over the wild nature that had been simulated for them, the mountains in the distance almost looking like fellow people rather than the large pillars that kissed the skies. "And I thought you'd like this. Being free of the world below, and enjoying what's out here. This place kinda looks like home, huh?"

"...Gods, I love you."

"Love you more than the skies and the stars, Neve." The two forces of nature, snow and sun, embraced eachother. And, just for a moment, the two opposites united as one, their eyes fluttering shut as they shared a kiss with the entirely holographic world as their witness.

------

Their simulation lasted far too little, Neve found, as her eyes adjusted to the interior of the building. The room they had rented stood cold and industrial as compared to the wild nature the two of them found themselves in moments ago. Zelda, from across her, slid off her glasses, and looked at her with glee. "Wasn't that great!?"

"It was." She smiled for a moment before her eyes narrowed. Standing at the door was a mischievous looking fox-alien that she'd come to know quite well these past few months. Never a good sign. "Raine, why the hell are you here?"

"Wow, I didn't even do anything, you wound me, Taiga," Raine smirked. "Just wanted to let you know Celeste said we're going off planet in 30. And that Bryer totally hacked into your glasses and watched that whole thing."

"What the hell!?" Raine bursted out in laughter. "Was this from the beginning of the sim?! You two are impossible!"

"Don't wanna keep the Captain waiting~" Her cackling echoed through the halls as she bounds away, and Neve feels a hand touch her shoulder.

"We'll talk about it later. Let's just enjoy the time we've got left now, yeah?"

"Mm, you're right. Were you interested in getting some icecream, per chance?"

-----

As they head back to the ship, Zelda grinned, and leaned over to Neve's ear. "Hey, over there." She pointed to a dot in the sky. "Look at that cloud! Doesn't that look like a heart?"

"You could have put that in the simulation, you know."

"Damn it!"

Neve chuckled to herself. "Maybe next time." Zelda goes starry-eyed. "I'd love to be free from the world with you again."

"Alright, it's a date."

Last edited:

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Flash games -

Scavenger hunts -

Story -

"Now, can anyone tell me what the b is in twelve plus b equals 42?"

A few hands shot up in math class, and the teacher pointed to a long brown haired girl with light blue eyes.

"Yes, Annika?"

"Its 30" Annika said confidently

"Correct!" the teacher said, writing it up on the board. Suddenly, the bell rang, and all the students started packing up as the teacher said, "Well, I guess that's the bell. Class dismissed!"

Annika packed all her stuff in her bag and headed out the door. She looked around at all the other kids rushing outside to their parents and sighed, following slowly. When she got out, she looked around and narrowed her eyes when she saw her father approaching her.

He got up to her and said "Come on Annika, we're going home." He turned and started walking back to their car and, begrudgingly, she followed him. They got into their parked car and her dad pressed down on the pedal, backing out of the parking spot and driving back home. Annika stared out of the window, unhappy. Then, her father asked the question that she had been waiting for -

“Why aren’t you studying enough for your writing courses?”

Annika looked over at her dad and said, “Because I don’t want to be a writer. I do enough to learn it, and that's it.”

Her dad looks up at the car mirror and glares. “That preposterous. You really liked writing when you were younger”

“That's because you never let me do much of anything else” Annika snarked back. “I only managed to start going to this school because you wanted to keep me around”

Her dad rolls his eyes. “All these other subjects have obviously distracted you from your true passion.”

“Writing is not my passion!” She yelled.

“Sure it isn’t” her dad said sarcastically. Annika glared out of the window as they continue to drive.

------

They pull up in the driveway of their mansion and get out of the car. Annika quickly walked into their house, her dad close behind her, and headed towards her room. She reached it and was about to enter when her dad grabbed her arm. She turned around and looked him right in his blue eyes as he said “Oh no you don’t, young lady. This time you’re going to study where I can see you”

Annika yanks her arm away and said, “So you can force me to do only writing and ignore my other subjects? Heck no!”

He glared and said “Writing is what our family is known for! You WILL become a writer!”

“No I won’t!” Annika yelled. He slapped her so hard she fell on the floor. She looked up at him, and saw he had a dangerous expression on his face. She suddenly started to get nervous.

“You’re making me really angry,” he warned, glaring down at her. “And you know what happens when I’m angry.” He grabbed her and yanked her up. “Now get your school books and head down to the living room.” He pushed her against her door and walked away.

She watched him leave, then ran into her room, plopped on her bed, and cried. She knew she had to get out, but she couldn’t go to her mother because that would get her mother arrested despite the fact that she did nothing wrong. She looked over to her window and knew what she had to do.

She grabbed her books and headed down, doing her work in the living room. As expected, he made her focus all the time to her writing and yelled at her snt threatened to lock her in the strobe light room when she tried to do her other subjects. When 10 pm rolled around, he told her to go to bed, and she did, for a time.

She watched the clock roll around to 1 am before getting up and, while grabbing an empty backpack, sneak out of her room. She went to the kitchen and packed some food and water, then looked around the huge mansion until she finally found a rope. She also grabbed some paper, colouring pencils, a black coat, and some cash from her room when she got back there at 2 am. She zipped up her backpack, flung it over her shoulders, and, opening the window, tied the rope down and jumped out of the window. She landed on the ground and ran as far away as she could. She ran for four straight hours before she had to stop and rest. She hid in a ditch and panted.

Her father did call the cops and missing posters for her came up everywhere, so she usually used the coat to hide her face when she had to be in public. She used most of her money to travel far away until she no longer showed up in police reports and no one recognised her.

She started working in a restaurant in a small town, and the boss there was nice enough to help her get into school and even let her sleep in the restaurant. Alongside her job, she managed to get a few bucks for the art she drew. She lived there for two years, finishing up high school and even managing to get her own place and being promoted at her job. Suddenly, out of nowhere, her mother drove into town, went into the restaurant where she was working, and asked if the people there knew where she was. “Mom!” Annika shouted, running up to her. Her mom turned around, stared for a moment, then ran up to Annika. Both faces beaming, they hugged each other.

“Are you alright Annika?” Her mom said, looking at her concerned.

Annika chuckled and said “Yea! I mean, I’m better off than when I was with dad.”

Her boss, who was watching them, got confused and asked “What do you mean your better off than when you were with your dad?”

Annika was about to answer when her dad slammed open the door and approached them. Annika glared at him and, storming up, asked “Why the hell are you here?”

“Getting my daughter, of course, he said, a cold smile on his face.

Annika turned around and said “Sorry, I don’t feel like getting abused again”

His smile fades and he glares at her. “What do you mean? I never abused you, your mother did.”

“No she didn’t” Annika said, walking away. “She gave me the freedom to do what I want. You made me do one thing and one thing only.”

He walked up to her and grabbed her arm. “You’re making me angry”

Annika looked into his eyes and said “I don’t care”

He started twisting her arm and she started to wince. “It seems you have forgotten. Don’t. Make. Me. Angry”

Her boss ran into his office and started phoning the police as her mother tried to pull him away from her.

Annika, with a determined look, said, “Ok then, let me rephrase. I. Don’t. Care. Anymore”

He turned her arms so suddenly that it snapped and she started screaming and fell to the floor, holding her arm. He glared down at her and grabbed her hair, yanking her up, and repeatedly punched her for five straight minutes. She kept screaming, and by the time he stopped, she had a bloody nose, a black eye, and, along with her broken arm, she was barely conscious.

“Now…” he said, turning to his wife who, for the whole time, was trying to pull him back. “It's time for your punishment…” Suddenly, the doors were kicked open and the police stormed in, guns blazing. Her dad was told to get on the ground, and he had a fit. He ran up to the police, attempting to hit them, but he was tased before he managed to lay a hit. That was the last thing Annika saw when she went unconscious.

------

Annika woke up in the hospital a couple days later, her mom by her side. She learned that her dad was charged with physical assault and abuse, and that she wouldn’t have to deal with him anymore. Her mom then asked her if she would like some tea.

“Yes, please” she said, smiling. Her mom made some and brought it to her, which she drank thankfully.

She was let out of the hospital a week later, and was still allowed to work at the restaurant, altho she couldn’t do much for the first couple months. After another two years, she became well known in the art industry and ended up selling quite a few pieces and started helping out other kids around the place who were also suffering from abuse. She told them to never let them walk all over you and force you to do things you don’t want to do.

Her mom still visited sometimes, however she never saw her dad again. She ended up staying at that small town the rest of her life, and even managed to get a family of her own.

And they all lived happily ever after…

Well, except her dad. And all of the abusers that she helped deal with.

They lived angrily ever after.

Last edited:

Burr

Sleepiness incarnate
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wuyoon
Time Zone
CST
I did my Sudoku thing again

Rydia

ΦωΦ