Death Plan (disclaimer: morbid)

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I've been thinking a lot about death. Don't ask. But it's made me think a lot about what happens after you die..........literally.

We will all die. And when we die, left behind will be our body. What do you want to happen to your corpse after you die? When it comes down to it, and your body is ready to be laid to rest, what would you like done? Would you like to be buried in a certain place, like a mausoleum or underground? Do you want to be cremated, perhaps with your ashes scattered or kept somewhere? Is there anything you DON'T want done to your body, like embalming or organ donation?

I think these conversations are important to happen. The stigma around death can be really damaging. Let's talk it out.

Reactions: Neb

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I hope I can live until at least 2080. That would give at least 61 years to have a long and happy life.

In terms of where I’m buried, I’m really split. A part of me wants to be by my late uncle Jim and cousin Katey, but another wants to be close to where I’ll live (wherever that will be).

As for how I’m buried, I’d like to be left unchanged. No ashes or anything.

In the small chance that brain uploading becomes common in the future, I would not mind copying mine over. The thought of being around forever is just too exciting.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
these are my current impulse decisions that my family would not approve of lol

i honestly can't really take my natural death that seriously tbh. i cope with a lot through self-deprecation and comedy so like honestly i probably wouldn't be that ****ing wild with it like i was on discord but like sure ok lol. i kept talking about becoming glitter and i googled it and i'm not sure thats a thing so my back up plan is to have a pink holographic glitter coffin so i kinda lied it's still crazy as ****. i think it would be beautiful and i just really ****ing love that idea and glitter is one of my favorite things ever so why not? i honestly don't want my funeral being all sad i think it would be cool to have it be this big party thing and it's just like a celebration of like my life?? i don't want people crying over me, i want people to laugh at the stupid **** i've done in my life lol. anything to keep a happy mood is what i want i hate people getting all sad over me it genuinely bothers me

as for where i wanna be buried, i think being buried out of the earth would be ****ing awesome. i'm thinking being buried on the moon would be super cool. if i'm actually being logical, probably wherever i'm living and probably with my boyfriend/husband idk. i just think having this extravagant, crazy funeral sounds really cool.... i wanna be the person who does crazy **** even after i die so like why not have a crazy plan?

one thing i really don't want is that i don't want my funeral held in a religious area, i don't want to be buried in a religious cemetery (if i'm buried at all and not turned into glitter lol), and i want to leave money aside to buy my children a couple pizzas after my funeral bc again, why not?

oh also!! i'm cool with organ donations when i die, if i'm even healthy enough to donate my organs lol. if i can help people who seriously need it, i think it's the right thing. besides, what am i gonna do with those organs? i'm dead. the only purpose they serve is possibly more glitter but idk if i really care about that lol. i just think if u really need an organ, u should be able to get that organ. i want other people to have a happy life so tbh take all of them if u need to. i don't care as long as they're put to good use (that's so weird to say when talking about my organs haha)

also before anyone asks yes these are actual considerations for me i gotta leave this world with a bang

Last edited:

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
For a long time, I was kinda scared of this question because I heard death misdiagnosis was a thing and there have been people who were buried or cremated alive. I've also always been uncomfortable with death in general, and my own mortality, but then I asked myself what it is that's keeping me alive. Living to see the future is a reason to live, but for me, as long as all of my hopes and dreams are fulfilled, I don't think I would mind dying once the time comes.

I once thought uploading my consciousness to a computer to live forever would be cool, but in recent years I've started to understand the reality of being left in the past.

As for my body, I really don't care what happens to it. That's for my loved ones to decide. My funeral should really be about comforting them, not me. As long as I'm remembered fondly, what do I care what happens after I die?

Alex

The Firelord
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ardent, TorterraOats
Time Zone
EST
If I die in a way that makes this possible, I want everything that can possible be taken to be donated. It's better if it's used to help others. After that, cremate what's left.

I also kind of like the idea of organ donation because in a way it's like a piece of me living on. Imagine your heart beating in someone else's chest long after you die. In a way, you're still living.

As for funerals, I'll let the people that survive me handle that. I've been planning things my entire life, I'm not going to also plan things after I die... But knowing me I'll do it anyway if I know the end is coming.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Two things tbh:

-I want my organs donated.
-I want to be cremated.

Not sure where I want my ashes to go but I would rather not have my family spend tons of money on a funeral.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Organ donation, and as for whether I want to be cremated or buried... Well, I don't care which one my family goes with because I'll be dead. Like I seriously don't care too much so long as there's no cannibalism involved. Heck donate my body to science or whatever. If I am buried, I'd very much prefer that my family doesn't pay too much. Funerals are expensive, and I'd also want it to be as separated from any church/religion as possible. Forget caskets and other such sarcophagi, the instant I'm in the ground I just want to naturally decay.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Almost forgot to mention, If I died young, I'd like to donate my organs but if possible, I'd also like to donate my body to a medical school. Apparently we have a cadaver shortage, so I hope my body could help a good doctor save more lives than I would just through organ donation.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I want whatever is most useful to people still alive. I really have no personal preferences on the matter because I'll be dead, not like I'll be aware of any of it anyway. So probably donated for science. Or organ donation on the off chance they're at all useful (my Driver's License designates this).

At times I wish I could hire a comedian to do my funeral, because I'm just that sort of person.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Honestly, at that point I'm dead, so it's not like I could know what happens to my corpse. I'd just leave it up to my family to decide what happens to me. Donate my body to science? Sure. Donate my organs if possible? Alright. Bury me? Okay. Cremate me? Fine. Throw me in a ditch somewhere and let the coyotes have at me? If that's the way they want to be, then I can't really stop them.

My funeral is, again, something that would be left up to my family. They'll figure out the way they want to handle it, I can't really stop them.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
Take my mf organs

Cremate me probably idc

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I hope that my organs will be healthy enough to be donated, but with my family's history of cancer there's a chance some might not be good enough. I hope at least some are though, I won't be needing them at that point after all. After that, I like to say I wanna be turned into a diamond (look it up it's pretty cool), and if I left that kind of money that's probably what I'd ask for. But if I'm not leaving anything huge behind then I want whatever is most convenient for my family. Only the treatment they believe I deserve, whatever that may be. The only thing I don't want is a dreary funeral. I know mourning is important, but I wanna party in my honor anyways. Better for me to see them talking though memories than sitting silently imo!

Last edited:

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i do not rly care to be honest, whomever can do whatever, if no one thinks to do anything interesting or nice after i die without me telling them to then i wasn't worth it anyway

Ice_Dragon

The Fairy Dragon
Staff Emeritus
Time Zone
GMT +8
I haven't thought much about it, and frankly I have no preferences!

Doesn't matter what happens to me when I'm dead, I'm more concerned with what happens while I'm alive. :P

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
10/10 thread.

I signed up to be an organ donor and don't really care what happens to the rest of me. Anything that minimizes my corpse's footprint on the ground, which probably means cremation because putting things in space is hard and I don't think society likes it when you dump dead bodies into the ocean.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I should probably add that while I object to standard funerals as being far more expensive than strictly necessary, I would like my friends and family to "celebrate" my passing in a manner similar to an Irish Wake. Which is to say have some alcoholic beverages and at the very least discuss how I was in life. who knows, maybe if my family celebrates All Hallows' Eve in the old Celtic ways perhaps my (non-existent) spirit will stop by for a share of the booze.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I'm an organ donor, and I'd love to be able to help save lives after I've died. The criteria for organs to be donated is pretty strict, but if I can help anyone I'd be happy with that.

I definitely want a funeral, but mostly for my family. Having a funeral is expensive, but I think it's the best way to help people work through the pain and get into a better place after a death. It would be touching for me to know that people care about my death, but I think it's more important to help them press forward than it is to honor me.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I don't care at all about what happens when I die or what happens to my body. Iirc when past family members had died none us really do anything.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Just throw me into the wild. Let the wolves eat me.

Give me a stick if you're concerned about me fending off the wolves.

Lauren

D:
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I think I want to be cremated as I don't really like the idea of rotting in a hole in the ground. I know I'll be dead and I'll not know any different, but still, I think I'd rather just get turned to dust there and then.

Also, I don't really want to have a funeral. I'd rather just go straight to the cremation if it's possible.