Detective Pikachu (The Movie)

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
It was a great movie! I went with my sisters to go see it, and although a bit predictable at some points, we really enjoyed purselves!

Also I really like the realistic pokemon. They are all so cute :D And I saw an Eevee in that movie, so I'm happy

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
I have actually heard very good things, like apparently the realistic mons are actually very cute and well portrayed, and it's even got feels. I'm hoping to see the movie on monday!!

Zange

Drifter
AKA
Riv, Chi
Time Zone
CST
I saw it last night with a few other people and we all loved it!! Some twists were indeed a bit predictable but there were a few I really didn't see coming. And the pokemon are all so cuuuute :3 Definitely go watch if you get the chance! (Especially if you like trading cards, the theatre we went to was handing them out to everyone who bought a ticket)

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I saw it last night with a few other people and we all loved it!! Some twists were indeed a bit predictable but there were a few I really didn't see coming. And the pokemon are all so cuuuute :3 Definitely go watch if you get the chance! (Especially if you like trading cards, the theatre we went to was handing them out to everyone who bought a ticket)
...I only got trading cards the day after I went to the movie
And where I got them wasn't related to the movie ):

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
The movie was awesome! Spoilers below -

I really liked that they had Tim cry in that one scene. It's rare to see men crying in films and I think it's very valuable to show that it is normal for men to cry. Also, I said "AHH!" out loud when the ditto transformed into a person and you saw its DISTURBING eyes. I was like, oh my god... this is so creepy.

I predicted that the Pikachu would be his Dad all along, but I don't really like that he turned back to normal in the end? It just makes me confused, like does the Pikachu body remember Tim and all the adventures? Just, if I were Tim I felt attached to the cute talking Pikachu not the normal human man. And then the Pikachu body is just a normal Pikachu again...

I think it might have worked if, for some reason, they couldn't separate the dad from the Pikachu, and they just stayed together. I don't know, I get that Pikachu was a fatherly figure during the movie but it was also a buddy-cop type thing, and seeing him just become his Real Dad was weird to me.

But I still loved the movie. Seeing the Pokémon world in real life made me tear up.

Felly

a firework
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I feel like I had low expectations going into the movie because "live action Pokemon" just didn't appeal to me, so I debated actually even going to see the movie in the first place, but I decided to go in and watch since I had time to kill between me getting off work and my mom getting off work.

I'm glad I did because it definitely exceeded my expectations. The Pokemon were really cute, and I just really enjoyed the movie overall. The cards were a nice bonus too! Just a shame it seems like they didn't have cards for everyone; my mom went to see it about a week after I did, and the theater didn't have anymore cards to hand out so she didn't get any. (We went to the same theater because there's one in the mall she works at, and it's just convenient to go there and the movies aren't badly priced compared to other theaters in the area.)

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
Camp Leader
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I just saw this today with some coworkers. The Pokémon are beyond cute, and it seems like the creators put a ton of effort into that.

The plot was predictable as soon as they started giving clues, and I had to turn off my lab safety brain to enjoy some parts. But I didn’t expect the plot to be the main reason why people would watch or love the movie anyway. Overall, I’m satisfied.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
I really like it. I'm hyped for it! It's an innocent enough storyline that most people will be able to understand the concept, a fan of Pokemon or not. I'm pleased about the fact Pokemon is becoming mainstream!
After actually seeing the movie, I guess this stands. It was a fun movie, though nothing groundbreaking. Some Pokemon just looked weird in the art style... But it was a decent movie with nothing amazing really in it.

I enjoyed Mewtwo more than I thought I would.