• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sword/Shield Do you think that most fans worldwide would regret Greninja's exclusion from Pokémon Sword and Shield, The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra?

Leon_s_Galarian_Monarchy

Beginner Trainer
During the Japanese promotion of the 19th Pokémon movie based on the XY series of the main anime, Greninja was most popular Pokémon on Japan's Top 100 Pokémon, and it also was Pokémon of the Year 2020. But unfortunately for most fans worldwide, Greninja was excluded from and unmentioned as unavailable to obtain in Pokémon Sword & Shield, The Isle of Armor, and The Crown Tundra? So I have thought that Greninja was consider fan favorite Pokémon by most fans worldwide, but do you think that most fans would regret Greninja's absence from these games? Why?

Last edited:

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
To be honest? I completely forgot Greninja even existed. I guess if you're a massive fan, sure he's missing, but to be honest the game feels its freshest when new things happen. Isle Of Armour adding stuff and then Series 6 banning the 16 most used 'mons in July brought so many unused stuff to the top that it was a breath of fresh air.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I very much doubt it. The number of people who participate in the Pokémon fandom is completely dwarfed by the number of people who actually play the game. People who care enough to participate in surveys like that - yes, even the official surveys - are the most hardcore of the actual player base, and not a representative sample. Asking the Internet if they'd be pissed if any given pokémon was cut is like asking a professional orchestra how they would feel if we banned the piccolo: they'd probably be pissed, but most of the people on Earth wouldn't even notice.

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
IGN
Caroline
I mean Greninja is an odd exclusion for sure but I don’t think it’s THAT missed. There are still like 700 Pokemon to choose from so it’s not that big a loss