does anyone do new years resolutions anymore

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
and do you all even remember your new years resolutions for this year??

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
This year I think I resolved not to shave... Failed that one after five months. The mustache was starting to get annoying (and now it's back, rendering the point of shaving moot).

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I haven't made a resolution in years. The problem is that if you really want to change something about yourself, you wouldn't wait for the new year to do it, so the so-called resolve behind them is usually pretty weak.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Yeah, besides resolutions don't really matter. They're something you hope to achieve in the next year, but you'll usually forget them within a month. Which is why I always try to aim for the stuff that can be achieved through inaction, like the aforementioned "year without shaving" resolution... Which I still failed at, but you get the idea.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I remember something about doing my best to finish high school with my depression/anxiety low...yeah, didn't last long. But I guess that's my plan for every year, just try to get to the best place possible and make it better than the year before.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
I haven't made a resolution in years. The problem is that if you really want to change something about yourself, you wouldn't wait for the new year to do it, so the so-called resolve behind them is usually pretty weak.
ppl always say this and yeah in a perfect world that is true. but for a lot of ppl we just sadly don't have the motivation and the new year gives us an excuse to really push for some change we've been putting off. it doesn't even have to be some big grand thing, any baby steps toward improvement is great, no matter what motivated you to start it. i think the biggest issue is when we set vague goals like, "i'm gonna exercise more." instead it helps to set specific goals like, "I'm gonna go for a jog every day before work." but again, whatever works for people individually is great. improving yourself any day of the year is great. improving yourself because it's the new year is great. now is as good a time as any. my advice to everyone is go do what you want!!! grab life by the horns and make it yours!! nothing will change if you don't, but it's never too late, we've all wasted a lot of time at some point but tomorrow is a new day and you can either keep wasting time or make a change. we make that decision every single day.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
I absolutely do new years resolutions. Gonna echo mew here a bit, but for us folk who have a hard time getting motivation, setting a date certain like new years to go do things is really helpful. It's also a useful to help reevaluate our lives and be like "alright, what steps do I need to take to improve myself"? It's hard to remember that sometimes in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I don't have New Year Resolutions. I don't really believe in a "new year" being a "fresh start" or anything. It's a good time to reflect and set up goals. I had some goals for the year and I think I've achieved most of them.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
well, i'm gonna to do new year resolutions for the first time. most of them is just continuing my own goals that i actually started this year, tho there are new ones too.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I always feel a little silly, cause the beginning of a new year is the easiest time to set new goals and resolutions. I suck at keeping myself motivated, but thinking "it's my new year's resolution, I should keep trying" kind of helps me stay focused.

ppl always say this and yeah in a perfect world that is true. but for a lot of ppl we just sadly don't have the motivation and the new year gives us an excuse to really push for some change we've been putting off. it doesn't even have to be some big grand thing, any baby steps toward improvement is great, no matter what motivated you to start it. i think the biggest issue is when we set vague goals like, "i'm gonna exercise more." instead it helps to set specific goals like, "I'm gonna go for a jog every day before work." but again, whatever works for people individually is great. improving yourself any day of the year is great. improving yourself because it's the new year is great. now is as good a time as any. my advice to everyone is go do what you want!!! grab life by the horns and make it yours!! nothing will change if you don't, but it's never too late, we've all wasted a lot of time at some point but tomorrow is a new day and you can either keep wasting time or make a change. we make that decision every single day.
I'm going to take your advice and set a more specific goal this year regarding my art and mental health. That was very motivating! ;o;

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
i typically dont wait for new years to do things i was meaning to do, typically because im the type of person who, when i see something i dislike in my life, need to remedy it as soon as possible. like so much so that i literally cannot think about anything else until the thing is fixed.

tho i still think its a rly good concept for people that need like a little extra push to get going.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Any kind of resolution is good. I like the mentality of not waiting for New Year's for resolutions, though. I get the point of it, but really, resolutions can be made monthly or even daily.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I don't wait for New Years' for resolutions tbh. I used to before high school and I just never stuck with them, and now I just try to change things as they come.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I haven't really done any New Year's resolutions at any point, tbh. While New Year's does help provide a time for introspection and reevaluation and I can definitely understand why people do them, if something needs to change I'll try and and set up a resolution right away to help myself change.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Nah, for most people, waiting until the new year to make a list of ways to be a better human being sounds like procrastination.

For those who are motivated enough to follow through, kudos to you.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I don't do new years resolutions. I never follow through with them.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I don’t wait for the new year to set goals for myself. If I want to be a better person in a specific way, why not start... now?

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I don’t wait for the new year to set goals for myself. If I want to be a better person in a specific way, why not start... now?
I cannot like this post enough. This is my mantra. It's my core belief.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I always attempt to make New Years resolutions (I don’t end up setting realistic ones that I can do), and I struggle with just...setting goals in general. I’ve actually been trying to figure out my goals/New Years resolutions since October, but I’m lost. I’m still going to make some goals and try and work on them!

As for why I’m waiting for the new year, it’s mostly because I just started having time to work on that sort of thing. I’ve been so busy and dealing with everything that I wanted to wait until I had time to actually start working on goals instead of starting right away. I’m going to use the next few weeks to figure out my goals. I totally get what people are saying about starting right away if it really matters to you! I just can’t do that because I don’t know how to set goals, and I need to do that first.