Embarassing moments that creep up on you at 2 AM in bed

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Self explanatory. We all have that embarrassing moment that we sometimes bury deep down only for it to be brought back to the forefront of our minds randomly. Share yours in this thread. I'm sure y'all got some good ones. It can be huge or small it don't matter.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
One time in eighth grade, someone approached me and asked to be my friend. Or confessed to me. I forgot which. I didn't know how to react, so I ran.

My cringiest moments almost never sound embarrassing, but I assure you the cringe keeps me up even now, a decade later, at 4:04 AM.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
THere was this one time I was trying out for this debate club thing in 9th grade and like they wanted us to talk about our country that they assigned to us. So I ended up talking about warheads and nuclear stuff since I didn't revise last week when we were assigned. When i started talking about it everyone was like "o_o tf is he saying. how does this represent his country well"

I wanted to die
I still do when I remember the faces everyone was making lol

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Already shared this one on another thread, but it fits here pretty well.

It was around the end of sophomore year and my yearbook committee was about to take a class photo. Just before the photo was taken, the teacher told this one girl to sit by me. She hesitated at first, but grabbed a stool and leaned her head on my shoulder. Since I was very uncomfortable with her that close to me, I tried to scoot away. The result was me sitting two feet away from the rest of the class and the mentioned person looking unhappy. A week later she called me a jerk and that was that. Looking back, I think it was equally embarrassing for both of us.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
there was this one super random moment that for some reason still creeps up on me, it was when i was in 8th grade and forced to take a drama class - already a bad start cuz i was extreeeeemely shy back then. we were doing some improv ******** that i hated, it came to my turn and i tried but the teacher said i was too quiet, he told me i should be loud enough for the people in the other room to hear me. so me being super awkward and frustrated, i repeated what i said except i turned around and shouted it toward the next room in the most awkwardly forced semi-loud & cracked voice ever. it felt like i could have pulled it off as trying to be funny, but im not funny, my voice isn't strong, it was just really heckin awkward. i turned back toward the group and everyone was staring at me like

like, typing it out it sounds so STUPID and simple and like i would have forgotten about it the next day or the next week, but 10 years later i still think about it and cringe really hard.

i have plenty more! one time (also in 8th grade) i took a field trip to death valley for a few days. the person i shared a tent with collapsed our tent on me on the last day because i didn't wake up in time. she yelled at teachers that i wasn't waking up, and teachers talked to me in a condescending voice saying i needed to wake up, while a tent was collapsed on me. i was in pajamas and had to get dressed under the tent. i sobbed really hard and everyone was like "wtf u ok?" it was Excellent.

i could go on and on, especially from my middle school/high school days, but none of them are THAT bad so it'd be kind of boring. they felt a lot worse in the moment than they really were. i was just an anxious mess and very prone to situations like these

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Never forget the time I tried walking through a screen door with like half of my extended family watching. It was dark and I couldn't see it, okay?

I feel like I should have way more stories, but I can't remember any good ones right now. Which is honestly probably a good thing, for me.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
omg Katey that second one's sad :( no one should have to go through stuff like that...

Oh, well, here's a couple that involves people here, and I'm coming clean. Though they sort of go together.

So on smash camp 2016 there was the group from the cave website amongst others. Well, Andrew made a comment about mufti that made me think he was Jauntier (don't ask me why. My mind makes weird connections sometimes) so I messaged him and acted as if I knew him. Then I joined that cave forum (I shouldn't have. I was even more naive then than I'm now..... xD but oh well) and I know people were joking but I didn't know how to properly reply so I acted kind of aggressive..... sigh there are worse things to have experienced, I guess, but there you go. 😅😂

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Yo I completely forgot about the Cave. How is Kim Jaunt-Il, by the way?

The last time I saw him, I was going through a lot in my life, and I kinda threw a tantrum and dropped contact with a lot of people. I wish I could reconnect with some of them.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
yeah the cave definitely gave me some more embarrassing moments that still creep up on me and i wasn't even a member lol

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I remember sophomore year high school I went to sing my classic high note and flubbed bad. In front of my theology class. And brand new theology teacher. I die a little inside every time I remember that.

atlus 2

biglilfella
AKA
matlus
a comment about mufti that made me think he was Jauntier
Vro did u just mistake me for jauntier

Also in 2015 i was tryna send a girl a bday present and it went to my guy friend instead

He did not take a bottle of perfume well

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
tbh yes lmao. I thought your old username was another name he used or something. Fun times.

Edit: also, lol rip Neb and Moxie. And Dragonite, yeah, that happens ^^' also yeah I think the Cave was an interesting forum from what I saw. Meeting some of the kids there later on was really nice, actually. But eh, may be getting off topic so I'll share another story.

In high school there was a boy I liked. Really thought he was cute. But I was shy and he had a girlfriend. Anyway, we had an activity for an art class which was to make a shoe out of clay and put a plant there once it dried. For some reason my shoe came oyt very weird and a bit ugly even though I'm not that bad normally. Our art teacher was helping me, and at some point he asked that boy I liked and his girlfriend about what they thought of the shoe. I think they never answered and I just looked away trying to pretend nothing had happened and just accept that my shoe didn't look good. It wasn't too bad, and they guy and his girlfriend were actually nice usually. It was just unfortunate.

Last edited:

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
IGN
Caroline
Was in 8th grade, at a big band conference; I don't remember the exact details but we were walking onto the stage. As we were walking up, one of the valves fell out of my instrument, right in the middle of the walk up. So I had to stop the line and grab the valve, which was already pretty bad. And I played the Baritone horn so it wasn't exactly easy to reach down and grab it.

Then we got on the stage, and I realized I had to actually repair the instrument. I know we spent a bit listening to some people before we started, so that gave me time to fix the instrument. Problem was, it was really dark on the stage and I'm already a klutz as it was. So I spent a good couple loudly messing around with the valve trying to get it back in the instrument.

My memory is a bit hazy about the next part, put I think I ended up taking so long with the valve that we started our first song before I'd fixed it. So not only did I have to fix my crappy instrument, I also had to play some high grade middle school music- in front of the judges no less. And it wasn't like I could just not play- I was one of the only two Baritone's left because half the previous band dropped the class that year.

Needless to say, I'm not in band anymore.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I don't really have specific moments but I just remember random dumb stuff I said throughout my lifetime. Would it be telling a waiter to enjoy their food or would it be an embarassing phrase I would say back in middle school? Who knows.

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
Minor: a fun substitute teacher would play a game to introduce herself, she'd give hints and funny vague facts about her name. I already had her as a sub so I blurted out "its helman" and a girl in the back went "aww man I was having fun guessing". I felt every dagger my classmates stared my way

Major: A close friend had passed away and another friend and I went to pay respects. It was my first real funeral; the first with, somebody I loved, somebody I couldn't believe was gone. There was the viewing, and after we saw our friend we stepped out for air. Perhaps too long, after the viewing was the sermon. We got back on time for people lining up for chapel seating. I grabbed my friend by the arm and said let's wait in line, with these old folks for the sermon, our other friends must have left I guess. We stand for a good 15 minutes and we finally start moving. We spill into the chapel where I see that, our peers haven't left, they were seated while we were outside, and the line we waited in was for blood relatives. Everyone looked at us as we entered the front of the entire crowd, full of people I personally know, who know damn well I'm not kin. Then coming to the realization its gonna be awkward to get seating since every pew is filled, and I have some shame as to not sit next to his widow, just cuz my feet hurt. The minister is glaring, and i had to ask a pregnant woman to scoot over cuz there was a small bit of room and mostly cuz I didn't know her otherwise I couldn't stand the embarrassing **** up. We, me and my friend, ditch the burial. We pissed so many people off, when I got home I had 5 less FB friends after the funeral, actually if you think about it 6.

gylfie

rawr
posted some salt (which included a name) in the wrong fb group chat recently. without context it was possible to not realize it was salt and luckily the person wasn't in that actual chat, but anyone who knew what i was referring to now knows how petty i am. also one of my profs was in that chat and idk if he saw it or would've gotten it but yeah. was 100% ready for death when i realized what happened

bless my friends who ran with it and made it look like a harmless meme. salty friends stick together.