Event locations in Pokémon games

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This time, I would like to talk about event locations. For those who haven't played Gen 2-5, there used to be hidden locations in which legendary Pokémon dwelled. According to Bulbapedia:
Bulbapedia said:
These locations can only be accessed through the use of event-exclusive items or Pokémon, making them inaccessible during normal gameplay.

How many of them did you visit? Which ones are your favourite? Did you like them? Would you like these sort of locations to make a comeback?

I thought of making a list of all existing event locations, how to access them and what Pokémon you could find in there. I've also included some images of such places (hidden in spoilers):
Pokémon Crystal:
  • Ilex Forest shrine. Required item: GS Ball.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Celebi (Lv 30).
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald:
  • Southern Island. Required item: Eon Ticket. Also, it was possible to visit this place in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Latios/Latias (Lv 50).
Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen & Emerald:
  • Navel Rock. Required item: MysticTicket.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Lugia/Ho-Oh (Lv 70).
  • Birth Island. Required item: AuroraTicket.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Deoxys (Lv 30).
Pokémon Emerald:
  • Faraway Island. Required item: Old Sea Map.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Mew (Lv 30).
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum:
  • Newmoon Island. Required item: Member Card.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Darkrai (Lv 50).
  • Flower Paradise (and Seabreak Path). Required item: Oak's Letter.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Shaymin (Lv 50).
  • Hall of Origin. Required item: Azure Flute.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Arceus (Lv 80).
Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver:
  • Sinjoh Ruins. Required Pokémon: Arceus (from an event distribution or the Hall of Origin).
    Obtainable Pokémon: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Lv 1).
Pokémon Black & White:
  • Liberty Garden. Required item: Liberty Pass.
    Obtainable Pokémon: Victini (Lv 15).
I think this was a nice feature that made Pokémon games unique. I mean, not so many games had you go somewhere else to find a secret item that unlocked a secret location where a rare Pokémon would be awaiting you. I had so much fun going to these kind of events. Although I like them all, my favourite place would be the Southern Island cause it was the first one I ever visited. I remember hearing about this island when I was a kid and I wanted to visit it so bad that I spent weeks talking to everyone in Hoenn and see if I could find the Eon Ticket. Later on, I found out someone had to send it to me and it couldn't be found in the game. So I met this guy who attended the event where they'd give out 100 Eon Tickets to each person and after mixing records with him, I got mine. Also, there was a sign in the island that read "Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts..." and when you caught Latios/Latias, you could read something written in an egg-shaped rock "All dreams are but another reality. Never forget...". It was sooo exciting to visit such a place!

Birth Island was great too. It felt amazing to find an alien Pokémon in there.

I wish they'd bring this feature back in Sword/Shield. I mean, they could do that and then send it over WiFi a year later/6 months later to those who couldn't attend the event, so everyone would be happy.

Last edited:

RaptorDMG

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
BST
3DS FC
1350-1138-8038
IGN
Stephen
Good job although the Arceus from the Hall of Origin is level 80 and you put Hall of fame instead of hall of origin in the sinjoh ruins part.

I also hope they do more events like this as visiting these areas is always fun although I'd want them to send it over WiFi instead of attending an event.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I really miss all these to be honest, being able to go to all these mysterious places and even not being able to do it myself just seeing and reading about it got me so hyped!
I only managed to do the 3 Sinnoh events because I had an action replay when I was a kid. It frustrates me knowing they never released these events because god they're really interesting. I'm jealous of your Eon Ticket too.

RaptorDMG

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
BST
3DS FC
1350-1138-8038
IGN
Stephen
I really miss all these to be honest, being able to go to all these mysterious places and even not being able to do it myself just seeing and reading about it got me so hyped!
I only managed to do the 3 Sinnoh events because I had an action replay when I was a kid. It frustrates me knowing they never released these events because god they're really interesting. I'm jealous of your Eon Ticket too.
Now you don't even need an action replay just use a custom dns and you can recieve the items from mystery gift and the gts works again

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Good job although the Arceus from the Hall of Origin is level 80 and you put Hall of fame instead of hall of origin in the sinjoh ruins part.

I also hope they do more events like this as visiting these areas is always fun although I'd want them to send it over WiFi instead of attending an event.
Duly noted, thanks! I was a bit sleepy and made some mistakes :P

That’s true, reading about people’s stories gets me really hyped too. The Sinnoh ones were great, being the Hall of Origin my personal fav because you’ve literally been there a few times during the main game just you couldn’t get those stairs to show up, like we were soooo close to it XD

The Eon Ticket was the weirdest one since they gave people the ability to distribute the tickets themselves, that’s what it makes it so special. In fact, it made possible that many more people were able to get it. Depending on the country, they did it differently (I think) but where I live, they gave out the tickets after the premier of Pokémon Heroes (5th movie) at the cinema; they would put a sticker in your cartridge certifying that you were in fact an official distributor of the ticket!

PyroKinesis

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Corey
Liberty Garden was the only one I was able to access, if my memory hasn't failed me. It's nice that they let you go there just whenever you want in the sequels too!