Queen of Dragons
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
- Join Date
- Oct 28, 2018
- Ashley, Scraftato
- Time Zone
- 3DS FC
- Switch FC
Today, the Pokemon Direct has announced there will be DLC with a ton new features a lot like the enhanced versions. Features including:
- Brand new Pokemon: Kubfu (Fighting-type) that evolves into Urshifu (depending on version, it will be Fighting/Dark for Sword or Fighting/Water for Shield) and Calyrex (Psychic/Grass-type). There appear to be new Regis, one is shocking the other looks like a dragon.
- Over 200 returning Pokemon (some include Garchomp, Lycanroc, many of the legendaries including everyone's favourite OU Pokemon Landorus, and the mascot itself Marill)! Doesn't require DLC to transfer them but a free update.
- New Gigantax forms for the Galar starters, the two other Kanto starters, and Urshifu.
- New Galar forms: Slowpoke and the legendary birds.
- New characters: Mustard (mentor for Isle of Armor), Klara (a rival who specializes in Poison-types; Sword exclusive), and Avery (a rival who specializes in Psychic-types; Shield exclusive).
- New clothing options; some available for pre-purchasing the pass.
- New/returning features: Making Apricorn balls are back, EXP charm, and more.
- It seems like there will be much more to come with this expansion pass, not just these.
- Costs $30 USD.
I think this is a good start for the series and I'd much rather have this over an enhanced version. It may seem like a slap in the face to release this with a price tag after I've found Sword unpolished and rushed but I'm slightly optimistic future expansions will eventually fix my issues with this game. I am hoping for more polish (i.e. fixing battle animations, textures, scaling, etc.) and more post game stuff such as Battle Frontier. Overall, it does look promising.